• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone has a good reliable dentist to recommend in JB -near indah area?

JB city side got a lot, but Nusa Bestari side only got one near Bestmart (don't really like them). Why don't you try the associate clinic of Q&M at Nusa Bestari along the row of Old Town White Coffee

Q & M Dental Surgery (Bestari)
No. 85-01 Jalan Bestari 1/5 Taman Nusa Bestari
79150 Nusajaya
Johor, Malaysia
Tel: 07-5113089
Fax: 07-5123089

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
JB city side got a lot, but Nusa Bestari side only got one near Bestmart (don't really like them). Why don't you try the associate clinic of Q&M at Nusa Bestari along the row of Old Town White Coffee

79150 Nusajaya
Johor, Malaysia

hi bro.

is the difference in price significant compared to SG?..

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal

79150 Nusajaya
Johor, Malaysia

Thanks for that.

Sorry to bother you again.
Can you recommend any good ones at the city side too?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess the Coastal Highway is still on a trial run basis...

Not yet fully complete and a fair bit of work still to complete....

for eg.... from CIQ the U turn thats required at the sea side will not be necessary when the coastal highway is fully complete.

There are several other parts of the CH that are incomplete as well.

a note of caution for new drivers.... drive slowly....

There are signages... However they are not prominent and do not give you sufficient time to think and make a decision.

However if you chooose to drive slowly you should do fine.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Agree with bro AP.

Sitting at Station One cafe now, sipping their signature Yestea while listening to a large group of very animated guys from KL and a gent from HK it seems.
All discussing excitedly about property prices, where to buy, what to do, etc. Talking about service apartment, lawyers to get approval, quit rent, etc.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi bros and sis,
would like to check if there are contractors able to increase water pressure? the water pressure currently at my place is low.. when bathing :eek:

The quickest (cheapest) way is to get a water heater with pump. Another one is to get one with a large water storage tank. Yet another one is to add a pump for your 2nd floor toilet (for the shower head) The most drastic (yet not the most expensive) is to:

Get a pump supplying all the outlets in the house, mount it at your water tank on the 2nd floor. Have good amount of water for everything but you have to be careful lest you waste water. This costs about 1k plus depending on the brand of the pump and country of manufacture.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Starting to look like a mini property conference now, a group just left also talking about it. These guys are talking about buying condos and landed as if buying bread. Waiting for Meng to finish my cars servicing.

Bros who fix those day running lights, do be aware that our dear STA/VICOM folks will not pass them. Do not need to remove them though, just get a local guy to cut the wires or to install a switch separately so that you can still use them.

HH_lover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Starting to look like a mini property conference now, a group just left also talking about it. These guys are talking about buying condos and landed as if buying bread. Waiting for Meng to finish my cars servicing.

Bros who fix those day running lights, do be aware that our dear STA/VICOM folks will not pass them. Do not need to remove them though, just get a local guy to cut the wires or to install a switch separately so that you can still use them.

Yup... on top of that, my mechanic also used duct-tape to tape it up. Passed!

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yonglip, Checkers

Sorry i have not been there... in fact i don't go to dentist in JB because i can only claim from company for dental expense incurred with a Singapore dentist. The Jln Harimau side has a whole row of dental clinics (opposite main road is Pelangi Plaza)

I am not "recommending" just stating where i see them :smile:

Andrew

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all, got a question....

Say after 3 years when the developer handover the maintenance of the community to the residents, and some of the residence refuse to pay for the newly appointed security company, what's gonna happen? They get to enjoy the security services without paying? imagine a precint of 100 households, kinda hard to get everyone of them to come to a common decision isnt it?

Anyone with knowledge on situations like this?

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lastnite in the 10pm channel 8 chinese news, it was reported a PR(I think it means sg taken pr in malaysia) bought a house in johor, kanna burnt down by his neighbor after gangster threat. Found the news segment at the following site:

http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?p=59415235

I was glad that 5 years ago when i made up my mind to buy a house in johor, I ignored all the remarks from friends and relatives that why paid double for a house? there were plenty at half price or less all over johor. Besides the rule set by johor govt on foreigners buying property, a key point to consider is what sort of neighborhood it would be.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lastnite in the 10pm channel 8 chinese news, it was reported a PR(I think it means sg taken pr in malaysia) bought a house in johor, kanna burnt down by his neighbor after gangster threat. Found the news segment at the following site:

http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?p=59415235

I was glad that 5 years ago when i made up my mind to buy a house in johor, I ignored all the remarks from friends and relatives that why paid double for a house? there were plenty at half price or less all over johor. Besides the rule set by johor govt on foreigners buying property, a key point to consider is what sort of neighborhood it would be.

This is the sort of news they report to shape the negative thinking of singaporeans towards JB houses.

In the first place, when one wants to rent out a place..one must OPEN YOUR EYES big big to see who your tenant is..If the owner chooses to rent to a gangster with secret society connections..then he only has himself to blame if the tenants dont pay up. this sort of things doesnt only happen in JB. i remember when i rented out my HDB flat to a china PR mother and son years ago, i too have to call the police to chase them out for not paying. i am just lucky they are not SS members and din burn my place down.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all, got a question....

Say after 3 years when the developer handover the maintenance of the community to the residents, and some of the residence refuse to pay for the newly appointed security company, what's gonna happen? They get to enjoy the security services without paying? imagine a precint of 100 households, kinda hard to get everyone of them to come to a common decision isnt it?

Anyone with knowledge on situations like this?

This is fairly common everywhere especially for low cost estates...in general, most families would not mind paying for security in the estate..its only when they encounter financial difficulties that causes them to be in arrears...the other residents would have to pick up the slack. although all residents signed the deed of covenant which governs how everyone should behave in the estate, there is really little recourse for such matters. thats why its important to see who your neighbours or potential neighbours are before buying...its best if everyone else is richer than you..hahaha..then should be quite safe.

Drops of Jupiter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just used this locksmith:

Simon Locksmith (www.simonlocksmith.com) friendly and professional
019 723 9698

For those living near HH, he can be there in about 20 min.
I tried another locksmith recommended by Wuqi and was referred to this one. Many locksmiths do not want to travel to HH for a small job, so simon locksmith was the one that was willing to come over.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
DoJ, Thanks for sharing this.

Just used this locksmith:

Simon Locksmith (www.simonlocksmith.com) friendly and professional
019 723 9698

For those living near HH, he can be there in about 20 min.
I tried another locksmith recommended by Wuqi and was referred to this one. Many locksmiths do not want to travel to HH for a small job, so simon locksmith was the one that was willing to come over.

Status
Not open for further replies.