• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys... interest rate up... looks like prices will hit ceiling for a while... dont over-commit in financing

Is there fixed rates or variable 3 years fixed kind of financing in Malaysia? I was told that the rates are all standard. Prime - BLR or something like that...

Meng968

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi AP

Are you refering to this plan. HIt RM1 with internet surfing cap at max RM5 a day?
http://www.digi.com.my/prepaid/plan_overview.do

My experience with Digi was fantastic. I just wanted to max my usage just to see if the Fair usage policy would kick in. I surfed from morning till evening at 6pm. Downloaded a couple of kids videos. Watched youtube. downloaded docs.

Oh yeah and my Gold 90.5 streamed in undisrupted for atleast 3 hours before i turned it off

Seemed better than the spore 3g network (ha ha i sound like a digi sales person)

but really rm 3 unlimited is great.

now ... i used the internet at Setia Tropika, KIp mart tampoi indah, taman sentosa jalan kris, CIQ and JB Pusat bandaraya and even on the NS Highway and the inner roads...

HArdly any lag.... I was impressed for the price i paid....

Puts my 16MBPS starhub wired broadband to shame at times..

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Break-in @ horizon hills

Waste no time to report to police and kick the security asses! Tell them you will not pay for security until they give you a corrective action report.

Time to time the EL security, do let their guard down too. the security company will get an earful from me and officially in writing(positive feedback). Having said that I'm also fair to the guards, giving them my appreciation when they do well. I will also have specially packed food for them every time I have an event at home.

Hey Polymin how are you,

Any advice for a novice photographer on buying SLR camera for travelling?
Should i get Canon EOS 600D 18-55mm, or Canon 60D 18-55mm?
I need to take some pictures at the Lemans 2011 auto race, should i buy the camera with the 18-135mm lens? or should i get 18-55mm with add on 50-250mm?

http://www.alanphoto.com.sg/canonslr.html

All, please feel free to advise :smile:

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes. I di not want to blow up the matter because as you said, this is "not" steal per se as what they want to retrieve are their own items. I am just disappointed as my house was their storeroom for 1 month plus when they put all their stuff inside and yet did nothing until the end to clean up the place. No choice.

Look forward bro. When your security system is up, this will not happen again.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
The security supervisor has paid a visit to my house. Actually it isnt a big issue as its not really "stealing" even though my windows were broken into by the "thief" simply to retrieve their items.

One strange thing that irked me was why my house was used as their storeroom for past 1-2 months while nothing was being done

These are some of the things you encounter in a less developed country occasionally. I meant no insult to the host country, this is true. The contractor doesn't seem to get the sense that the house belongs to owner, not developer, and he should not use it as store or come in and out as he liked it.

Last edited:

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was thinking of visiting my home tonight to enjoy the home...

Alas my kids having chinese tuition tomorrow morning at 10am. But good lah... They one of the toppers in Higher Chinese at the moment... Dunno maybe next time the marks got drop or not?
So well.... Here i am stuck in the 4 walls of my Spore Flat...

Higher chinese.. my son struggling with K1 chinese show & tell.. most of time speaks english in school..
the primary school we intend to enrol him only offers higher chinese as well.. blur liao next time

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear bros

any feedback on uob offer of 90% loan with blr -2.3=4.3%? Any other bank u kno can better this offer?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got jobs reserved for singaporeans in spore
clean tables
cashier
clean toilets
pick up from rubbish bins
wash dishes
waiters at $5/hr

how to live wit this kind of money?

Where got reserved for Singaporeans? Go to IMM and you see all the toilet cleaners are young PRCs, waiters at the Swensen there are Filipinos, the shop manager to assistant at Sim Siang Choon are all Filipinos (not like that when I was there 3 years go). Wonder why suddenly all changed to Filipinos within 3 years?!

Not to forget Cold storage cashiers are all Filipinos nowadays...last week was at Post office and saw all counter staff are Filipinos except one local and the Filipinos are talking to each other in Tagalog! Is this Manila or Singapore?! :mad:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's true that it is more difficult for foreigners to get a low to mid-level job in MY. Usually foreigners will only hold high positions in MY due to the gov restrictions.

Last time my company HR when applying for employment pass had to explain why cannot hire a Malaysian and that was for Country Director posting in KL, with full expat housing and international school allowance.

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi, would like to know can singaporean register a car in my. how to go about? thanks.

am asumming u are sg, had checked with lta, the reply was no way a sg can drive to sg in a foreign registed vehicle. had suggested I would pay every day like a malaysian whenever I drive in sg--taboday!

what about instead of changing car registration, i buy a car in malaysia and register there? reply--park it there before i step into sg, or else pay first full arf before it can enter, i.e. like i import a car.

i got the message it is not about foreign cars congesting our hi way, it is about hi cost of owning a car

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Waste no time to report to police and kick the security asses! Tell them you will not pay for security until they give you a corrective action report.

Time to time the EL security, do let their guard down too. the security company will get an earful from me and officially in writing(positive feedback). Having said that I'm also fair to the guards, giving them my appreciation when they do well. I will also have specially packed food for them every time I have an event at home.

bad indeed, i hv only praise for the security at bwv. every hour day n nite there is patrol within the 2nd gate, patrol a few times outside the 2nd gate during the day and hourly at nite.

for reno, i could notify the town council office and let them hv the main entrance key of my house so that if i was not present, the staff could open the door for contractors to enter, and locked it when contractors left. although it never happened, but i assume contractor could ask the town council staff to open my door if some tools were left behind.
the standard practice is only one person held and kept my key in the town council so that she had to give an explanation if thing got lost. it is an experienced and well managed team.

Winter Soldier

I hv been living in JB for about a year now. I sold my house in S'pore and bought a good development ( resort/golf/) double storey corner house in JB for 15% of what i sold my S'pore house for. The security in my resort is really tight. My friends and associates who visit me complain of how difficult it is to just get in to see me. The security guards are rotated in their duties at the resort so they cant collude and try to break in to our homes. I continue to work in S'pore but with the favourable exchange rate, i get a lot more money to spend over here. Things are really inexpensive here that i find that i could save 60 to 70% of my salary. I bought a 4 wheel drive to get around- it costs less than s$35K for a brand new one. With a malaysian car i am able to blend in easily. LIke what was posted by others, : Dont flash, be Humble, try n learn a little malay to get by, you will be more than just OK in your new home.
BTW, my resort is Horizon Hills. Pls let me know if any one needs info about other development. And gated n guarded communities are not good enough, there are many in JB, n unlike HHILLS, the development is small n they comprise a handful of guards tt usually are the ones who will break into your house.

bujua

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all,

Would like to start a small dialogue discussion about IndahWalk3, the 5-storey high Office unit complex, directly facing Tesco in Bukit Indah.

1. what are your opinions about this project?
2. is this project worth investing for rental income? I understood the selling price is around RM200-250 psf, the maintenance is RM0.25psf.
3. on one side of the Office complex you have Sky condo. On the other side, three big parcels of empty land. Anyone with any inside info what these empty land will be in future? I know the far end will be SkyLoft but the middle two big parcels of land is still a mystery.

Appreciate your valued comments.

Hi Maxpark,

1. what are your opinions about this project?
Im very positive for this project too, being "trapped" between Sky Executive and Sky Loft which provide a high volume of customer flow to this location. Indahwalk3 location is strategically located where you can find most of the banks and amenities within wlaking distance. Where else you can find an office like this in Nusajaya?see this website http://www.indahwalk.com/indah-walk-3.html

2. is this project worth investing for rental income? I understood the selling price is around RM200-250 psf, the maintenance is RM0.25psf.
Very hard to predict at this moment, high end office rental in Johor can range from RM1 to RM2.5 psf. If can get a rent of RM1.5psf, I would consider it's quite a good deal. Looking at more and more investors coming into Bukit Indah, it wont surprise me if rent can go higher. It seems Setia got a plan to make it a high end lifestyle office, targeting tenants like lawyer firm, clinics, marketing firm, travel agency, real estate firm, edu center and etc, I believe these type of tenants are willing to pay higher rental.

3. on one side of the Office complex you have Sky condo. On the other side, three big parcels of empty land. Anyone with any inside info what these empty land will be in future? I know the far end will be SkyLoft but the middle two big parcels of land is still a mystery.
No idea for this mystery land:p

Hope above will poison you more to dive in:biggrin:...

Whathefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can anyone advise what is the best mode of transfer for mortgage installments?

i.e. once you open a current acct with malaysian bank, how to transfer money there?

I do not wish to bring in hoards of cash periodically (although it seems the best exchange method), also might not be legal right? (limit to bring amt of ringgit in)

InformedHH

Alfrescian
Loyal
It definitely is tresspassing.

No matter what the reason no one is allowed to get into your house.

The security supervisor has paid a visit to my house. Actually it isnt a big issue as its not really "stealing" even though my windows were broken into by the "thief" simply to retrieve their items.

One strange thing that irked me was why my house was used as their storeroom for past 1-2 months while nothing was being done

InformedHH

Alfrescian
Loyal

HH needs grilles and layers of security?

Imagine those who stay at other places?

Inititally I dint want to install grills as it looks unsightly. Now I spent about rm10k on grills and intend to install CCTVs in all levels, front and back of my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.