• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another thing .... the last couple of times street lights were spoilt ah..... no body bother to even complain to RC/MBJB. So we did it....

And the lights were promptly replaced....

This time bulbs have fused again.... I just wanted to see if any of the nieghbours would bother.... Sadly none have......

So i called MBJB using the number listed on the lamp pole....

Looks like everyone wants a good life with no responsibilities..... How much effort does it take to do this?

Helps everyone.....

Estate looks brighter with all lights glowing.... But some people will never learn....

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah my original batch was the best. There was a Singaporean Malay guy in charge and they were doing a great job....

Recently they are doing an OK job as well.... In between was utter nonsense.....

Yes i think they plan to have routine changes for the moments.

I think Cathy your precint is not complete yet right? I still see a lot of construction activity in Caranday? So i guess you may get more than the minimum 2 years free security plus maintenance.

In my case my free 2 years is coming to an end this november..... I called up the RC to check whats happening... They said i will be getting atleast another 2 years free since the precint only now nearing completion.... Which means handover plus 2 years free for new batch of owners yet to come

Same applies to you.

when RC handover to local residents..... thats the worst part.... It depends on the deal with the security agencies. you can request them to change guards every few months....

Depends on the collective widom of the committee

I'm currently staying in Caryota Square. Its a completed precinct now so I don't think there will be anymore free maintainence. So thats what I'm worrying about now. Only one more year of free mainteanance to go.

Btw have you visited their 2 1/2 cluster house showroom? I like the designs. Lotsa personal space for individuals. I wish I could afford another rm1.06mils :wink:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I even clear the sand that collects in front of my neighbours gate.... the guy cant even be bothered with removing it.... Some people can be dirty for life cant they? Some more yung punks.... Who probably just got married. Look no more than 27 years....

Work in spore. But definitely do not look like can even afford downpayment.... Probably paid by parents.....

Not home proud i guess.... Neither civic minded....

Used to throw chewing gums into my house......

My wife wanted to retaliate but i suggested not to....

Now they have stopped throwing chewing gums and ciggarrete buts into my home....

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another thing .... the last couple of times street lights were spoilt ah..... no body bother to even complain to RC/MBJB. So we did it....

And the lights were promptly replaced....

This time bulbs have fused again.... I just wanted to see if any of the nieghbours would bother.... Sadly none have......

So i called MBJB using the number listed on the lamp pole....

Looks like everyone wants a good life with no responsibilities..... How much effort does it take to do this?

Helps everyone.....

Estate looks brighter with all lights glowing.... But some people will never learn....

I think its not in their culture to complain. And so they said that Singaporeans likes to complain. But complaining can also leads to productivities. So we gotta educated them whenever we can when we have to chance to. :wink:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another thing they would do is drive over my car drive way to get onto their car driveway.

If it happened occassionally i would have been ok with it.

but happened too often for my comfort.....

I have lived in a bungalow for the first 25 years of my life and have faced similar situations before.

Told my wife a layer of bricks laid to the ground 7 inches from where my property ends would do the trick.....

Got an indonesian mason paid him rm 75 (labour + materials) ..... a tad expensive.... but they laid the bricks with cement and plastered it as well.....

Ever since my dear neighbour has had to slow down his adventurous and aggressive driving from my drive way to his....

Now he has to slow down else the brick line will prevent him from entering his drive way if he is too fast....

He got annoyed.....

But welll......

Il teach him more lessons in civic mindedness should he require them.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I even clear the sand that collects in front of my neighbours gate.... the guy cant even be bothered with removing it.... Some people can be dirty for life cant they? Some more yung punks.... Who probably just got married. Look no more than 27 years....

Work in spore. But definitely do not look like can even afford downpayment.... Probably paid by parents.....

Not home proud i guess.... Neither civic minded....

Used to throw chewing gums into my house......

My wife wanted to retaliate but i suggested not to....

Now they have stopped throwing chewing gums and ciggarrete buts into my home....

Wow! That bad huh? Then its all the more important to influence them with our way of doing things. Although must do it slowly and discretly.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many a times we are just being proactive or rather taking the initiative. Unfortunately we get labelled otherwise....

I think its not in their culture to complain. And so they said that Singaporeans likes to complain. But complaining can also leads to productivities. So we gotta educated them whenever we can when we have to chance to. :wink:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why for the past couple of months i even clean up the sand that collects in front of his gate at the place meant for water to flow.... the triangular cement patch...

he had loads of sand collected there since the past one year....

he did not bother to clean it.

So i got it cleaned up..

I mean it just takes 2-3 extra minutes...

Not sure if he knows we are doing it for him....

Wow! That bad huh? Then its all the more important to influence them with our way of doing things. Although must do it slowly and discretly.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another thing they would do is drive over my car drive way to get onto their car driveway.

If it happened occassionally i would have been ok with it.

but happened too often for my comfort.....

I have lived in a bungalow for the first 25 years of my life and have faced similar situations before.

Told my wife a layer of bricks laid to the ground 7 inches from where my property ends would do the trick.....

Got an indonesian mason paid him rm 75 (labour + materials) ..... a tad expensive.... but they laid the bricks with cement and plastered it as well.....

Ever since my dear neighbour has had to slow down his adventurous and aggressive driving from my drive way to his....

Now he has to slow down else the brick line will prevent him from entering his drive way if he is too fast....

He got annoyed.....

But welll......

Il teach him more lessons in civic mindedness should he require them.

Why not put durian shells instead. Punctures his tires and make him pay jialat jialat....see whether he dares to try anymore funny things.... :biggrin:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why for the past couple of months i even clean up the sand that collects in front of his gate at the place meant for water to flow.... the triangular cement patch...

he had loads of sand collected there since the past one year....

he did not bother to clean it.

So i got it cleaned up..

I mean it just takes 2-3 extra minutes...

Not sure if he knows we are doing it for him....

Must let him know lah. Do it when they are around, don't look at them....

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 2.5 floor is awesome Cathy... Really nice. My wife loved it too....

Are you sure your precint is complete? Really? Did you drive around and check?

I thought as you drive in there is area to the right of the guard post....... I thought that would be joined into your precinct.....

So it gets bigger with more people to share the maintenance....

I'm currently staying in Caryota Square. Its a completed precinct now so I don't think there will be anymore free maintainence. So thats what I'm worrying about now. Only one more year of free mainteanance to go.

Btw have you visited their 2 1/2 cluster house showroom? I like the designs. Lotsa personal space for individuals. I wish I could afford another rm1.06mils :wink:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
U r right. The only thing constant is change....

And change will happen...

Even my maid who went back to Indonesia, began to follow what she had learnt with us over the 4 year period that she was with us. We found this out when we visited her in the early part of this year.

Yalor. But with more Singaporeans going across, bring with us our attitudes and our way of life, these things has got to change somehow.....starting from ourselves....

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 2.5 floor is awesome Cathy... Really nice. My wife loved it too....

Are you sure your precint is complete? Really? Did you drive around and check?

I thought as you drive in there is area to the right of the guard post....... I thought that would be joined into your precinct.....

So it gets bigger with more people to share the maintenance....

AP, I think the precinct you have mentioned is at Caranday which is not completed yet. I am currently staying in Caryota Square. To drive to Caranday, after they first guard post with CCTV, you drive straight. But for Caryota Square, you have to turn left and passby Licuala Lush and Areca Green. After Caryota Square is where the Mezzos are located. I can see them. Its just beside my house but in another new precinct. :wink:

Last edited:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo how silly of me..... I used to always think the place in front of me is Caryota.... And used to wonder how come Caryota and Caranday together.... I used to think that you were in the precinct in front of me.

Now i know where your location is.... The one that is currently under construction and reaching finishing stages quite nice right? Just behind my alexandra precint.....

and its facing the hi way..

Did you ever visit the herb garden they have around there?

AP, I think the precinct you have mentioned is at Caranday which is not completed yet. I am currently staying in Caryota Square. To drive to Caranday, after they first guard post with CCTV, you drive straight. But for Caryota Square, you have to turn left and passby Licuala Lust and Areca Green. After Caryota Square is where the Mezzos are located. I can see them. Its just beside my house but in another new precinct. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.