• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, are foreigners allowed to open a savings account in m'sia with or without m'sia loca address?

Opened a RHB loan acct & savings acct at same time.
They even gave a TESCO RHB debit card which ties to the savings acct.
All statements are currently sent to singapore address..

Cheers

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't choose dark colour. I regreted chosing dark colour for my carpark. The rain cannot wash away the dust completely. Ended up I always cannot tahan everytime got to wash it myself with a broom. Even though, also don't feel clean at all.

dark colour for me more difficult to notice how dirty it gets.. so can ignore the regular cleaning..
actually also interested in rough stone material.. like the open shower in Port dickson Avilon resort..
asn i said.. I am the lazy maid

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
this forum like nusajaya is moving very fast! Palazio is very easy entry because of the DIBs and 10% 'discount' as downpayment. though the sheer number of units will be a challenge in time to come i fear. i just got news that the final phase is launched. yes am an owner.

Seems the 3rd phase prices had gone up 40% compared to the first.:eek:

echanbonfire01

Alfrescian
Loyal
this forum like nusajaya is moving very fast! Palazio is very easy entry because of the DIBs and 10% 'discount' as downpayment. though the sheer number of units will be a challenge in time to come i fear. i just got news that the final phase is launched. yes am an owner.

me also owns a unit. actually i prefer to get one at bukit indah. I am looking also for bumi lots for apartment at bukit indah. Not sure whether still have or not.

Looking also at the 5 storey shops at bukit indah by sp setia. Intend to buy using my bumi but no capital at the moment. Do you think the shop unit can get good returns in terms of rental?

Last edited:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Noticed the condos from SP Setia coming up quite nicely bang in the middle of everything.

Also noticed Hotel Granada there on Setia Land i guess?

Granada by local developer?

Looking also at the 5 storey shops at bukit indah by sp setia. Intend to buy using my bumi but no capital at the moment. Do you think the shop unit can get good returns in terms of rental?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks euphony. Il take note of that. Did not notice it.

But i still believe EDL is a long way off.

One funny thing about the EDL is that its free for local use.

However if you wanna use it to travel to Spore then you gotta pay....:mad:

cathy/AP/those using 1st link

you notice one of the lanes is closed exiting the CIQ, I suspect they're just about starting work to link to EDL. It's getting closer and closer now!

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks mallow. Been there before. Did not know that you were referring to the same location.

On one occassion i saw the head of a cow....whew.... Gross....

Yes i had got my corriander leaves there before. I remember that.

Not sure which stall sells Mee Rebus.

But yes lots of stalls there selling nasi lemaks in packets.

Lots of Beef there i noticed. Regarding the mutton i was not sure if it was fresh!

Teh Halia Kosong is not bad.... I need a lil sugar tho...

Sure il keep a look out for the exotic stuff you requested.

Hi AP
Others have answered for you oreddy on the location of Kip Mart. It's in Tampoi Indah and off the Skudai Road, hence the confusion. Apologies for hopeless directions.
Kip Mart also sells beef and mutton bones if you are looking for an occasional treat for pet dogs.
You can quite quickly get used to teh si KOSONG - tea with evaporated milk and NO sugar. Another possibility is teh halia kosong [teh, ginger and susu sans sugar].
My friend Zai once famously made the remark that "without timun, nasi lemak is meaningless". Her nasi lemak was so very lemak it was oily with the santan, fragrant with pandan. It also had a marvellous sambal with plenty of ikan bilis n kacang, a slice of omelette, two fried fish and of course some generous slices of fresh timun. Sigh ....
Keep an eye out for exotica at the market e.g jambu susu, and if ever you see buah roumenia please buy me 5 kgs immediately ... this rare fruit we Eurasians make pickle with. Will gladly reimburse including petrol!

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Cathy.... Dark is better than light i think.... But if you ask me Cement Render is the best.... (You can wanna believe that i have no money since i am promoting cement render:biggrin::biggrin:)

Actually if you use light shades of tile the thick layer of dust that will settle down is easily noticeable. In the long run causes discolouration of the tiles. Finally you will have to clean it twice a day. Not joking!! I still have this problem (Ofcourse not here at Setia Tropika)

Now if you use dark tiles the dust, dust marks are still visible.:smile::smile:

Either way you gotta sweep and mop outside twice a day.

Don't choose dark colour. I regreted chosing dark colour for my carpark. The rain cannot wash away the dust completely. Ended up I always cannot tahan everytime got to wash it myself with a broom. Even though, also don't feel clean at all.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dun think so mate.

Tell you why. Chennai is a name that came into existence in the last couple of years.

The previous name that existed for more than a 100 years was Madras.

Surprisingly its hard to find prata in India although you do find paratha, rotis and stuff. Rojak also not indian food.

Maybe prata came from parota (ceylon parota)!! i dunno..

Dunno why the mamak shop sells it?

Hi AP,
I know you like debates. Ok one for the road - Wiki says that Chennai and Madras names origins around 16th century in same part of India. So is still valid roti canai origins from Chennai.
In fact when I was in Xian China and even parts of Beijing, I found prata type bread .
I guess we can argue like spaghetti origins but that will be for another thread. Night! :smile:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will have to agree with you that the name Chennai possibly originated around the 16th century.

Roti Canai from Chennai? Highly Debatable. Did a decent check....

Roti Canai comes closest to Ceylon Porotta or Kerala Porotta. I have eaten the latter 2 and they are still vastly different from Roti Canai.

Versions of Ceylon/Kerala Porotta may have been brought here to Malaysia by immigrant indians. Definitely not Roti Canai (From Chennai). The British brought the Indian labourers to Malaysia only after the 18th Century at which time the name Chennai was hardly used.

Having said that Roti Canai is hard to find in India. Canai has more than one meaning.

Hi AP,
I know you like debates. Ok one for the road - Wiki says that Chennai and Madras names origins around 16th century in same part of India. So is still valid roti canai origins from Chennai.
In fact when I was in Xian China and even parts of Beijing, I found prata type bread .
I guess we can argue like spaghetti origins but that will be for another thread. Night! :smile:

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Noticed the condos from SP Setia coming up quite nicely bang in the middle of everything.

Also noticed Hotel Granada there on Setia Land i guess?

Granada by local developer?

Setia seems to be doing pretty well recently, their new clusters are going to be launched at about 800k. Contrast this to the same clusters they launched back a few years ago in D'Grande where it was only going for like 400k.

Car porch sometimes is a pain to take care of, i have a pretty fastidious neighbour who makes sure to wash her car outside of her porch, etc so as to keep it clean and they clean it twice a week.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
My car pouch tile is dark grey in colour. It looks like always has a layer of dust on top. Worst after raining the water marks are highly visible. Ended up I keep washing and washing....tiring! :(

I think something in between is better. Not too light, not too dark. Best like homogenous tiles. Can't see the difference between dust and tiles. Those that does not render the dust visible?

Hi Cathy.... Dark is better than light i think.... But if you ask me Cement Render is the best.... (You can wanna believe that i have no money since i am promoting cement render:biggrin::biggrin:)

Actually if you use light shades of tile the thick layer of dust that will settle down is easily noticeable. In the long run causes discolouration of the tiles. Finally you will have to clean it twice a day. Not joking!! I still have this problem (Ofcourse not here at Setia Tropika)

Now if you use dark tiles the dust, dust marks are still visible.:smile::smile:

Either way you gotta sweep and mop outside twice a day.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Cathy.... Dark is better than light i think.... But if you ask me Cement Render is the best.... (You can wanna believe that i have no money since i am promoting cement render:biggrin::biggrin:).....

At the beginning it looks ok. Even look classic if you add in specially designed tiles sparingly. But No. Cement Render is no good. As time goes by, cement will crack, and the longer it is, the more cracks you'll get. Long-term wise, not a good option. Very ugly.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alamak!! Why say no good leh?

I talking from experience. Really.

All my homes from birth till today got places where cement render exists and places where we have laid tiles. In fact i just changed the tiled areas 4 years ago but have not touched the cemented areas.

The tiled areas are the worst. They tend to become brownish (cause of layers of dust) and really ugly that you gotta keep cleaning it all the time.

The cement render at my last home (from 1987-now) that is 24 years and still going strong.... has lasted very well. Easy on maintenance. No degeneration either!

In fact the entire space above my kitchen, bedrooms and living room (which is about 2000 sq ft) is cemented. No problems nor ugly.

Ofcourse one thing you gotta remember with cement you gotta choose between smooth and rough finish.

The rough finish is better (though not easier to walk).

The smooth finish is dangerous.

Give you a simple example.... Look at road pavements in Spore.... Long term wise... Really no problem. Now imagine if you had tiled them?

At the beginning it looks ok. Even look classic if you add in specially designed tiles sparingly. But No. Cement Render is no good. As time goes by, cement will crack, and the longer it is, the more cracks you'll get. Long-term wise, not a good option. Very ugly.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
The place you have mentioned is indoor if I'm not wrong. I am talking about outdoor carpouch? Btw, did your notice the town councils keep replacing the cement pavements with new ones? I thought its a waste of taxpayer's money. We also toyed with the idea of having our carpouch cement rendered, but then my hubby decided against it after he see the cracks on some of his customer's carpourch. Also if you visit the ST's terrace show houses, some of the cement rendered car pouch have began to crack. Go take a look.

Alamak!! Why say no good leh?

I talking from experience. Really.

All my homes from birth till today got places where cement render exists and places where we have laid tiles. In fact i just changed the tiled areas 4 years ago but have not touched the cemented areas.

The tiled areas are the worst. They tend to become brownish (cause of layers of dust) and really ugly that you gotta keep cleaning it all the time.

The cement render at my last home (from 1987-now) that is 24 years and still going strong.... has lasted very well. Easy on maintenance. No degeneration either!

In fact the entire space above my kitchen, bedrooms and living room (which is about 2000 sq ft) is cemented. No problems nor ugly.

Ofcourse one thing you gotta remember with cement you gotta choose between smooth and rough finish.

The rough finish is better (though not easier to walk).

The smooth finish is dangerous.

Give you a simple example.... Look at road pavements in Spore.... Long term wise... Really no problem. Now imagine if you had tiled them?

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
My car pouch tile is dark grey in colour. It looks like always has a layer of dust on top. Worst after raining the water marks are highly visible. Ended up I keep washing and washing....tiring! :(

I think something in between is better. Not too light, not too dark. Best like homogenous tiles. Can't see the difference between dust and tiles. Those that does not render the dust visible?

reminds me of the rims for my car, I was also deciding between different shades so as to hide the brake dust because it builds up way too fast and an eye sore. my suggestion occupy the car porch space with car or those toy cars and lotsa plants where space allows to distract the eyes away from the dirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.