• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
i wish to ask again not in theory but reality.
if i Never register for a msia VEP will i be able to enter jb now? thks.

The VEP is not in force yet so there's no problem driving your SG car into JB now.
But once the VEP is enforced, your car must have the VEP disc attached on the windscreen otherwise your car will be denied entry.
So in the meantime better do the necessary first and do the application. Many people wait to do last minute and you may not receive your VEP in time

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
The VEP is not in force yet so there's no problem driving your SG car into JB now.
But once the VEP is enforced, your car must have the VEP disc attached on the windscreen otherwise your car will be denied entry.
So in the meantime better do the necessary first and do the application. Many people wait to do last minute and you may not receive your VEP in time

thks snowbird. if possible i dont plan to reg for a vep as i will probably be getting a car there if i intend to live there for a longer break period. in other words my zipping in and out wld be by bus. its relative quite smooth.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
thks snowbird. if possible i dont plan to reg for a vep as i will probably be getting a car there if i intend to live there for a longer break period. in other words my zipping in and out wld be by bus. its relative quite smooth.

Don't mention.
Actually, if you don't move around a lot in JB, now with Uber and Grab, they can pick you up from anywhere and you can also go anywhere in JB.
The fare is quite reasonable and it may be much cheaper than keeping a car.
Unlike before when the taxi service is totally hopeless.

angmokio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Grab
Don't mention.
Actually, if you don't move around a lot in JB, now with Uber and Grab, they can pick you up from anywhere and you can also go anywhere in JB.
Grab JB is very convenient, just download apps

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
I survive my first 3 months in JB without a car and heavily depending on uber and grab as well, however it still no brainer to own a car as a form of transportation. Perodua Axia is going at RM24k++ that's SGD8k and brand new till the wheels and steering wheel falls off. LOL. With J plate, you can pump RON95 petrol as well.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
I survive my first 3 months in JB without a car and heavily depending on uber and grab as well, however it still no brainer to own a car as a form of transportation. Perodua Axia is going at RM24k++ that's SGD8k and brand new till the wheels and steering wheel falls off. LOL. With J plate, you can pump RON95 petrol as well.

Yes is real cheap. But if one were to stay only on weekends then the car will be left idle monday - friday. May have a hard time starting the engine. o_O

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't mention.

Yap. This is very cheap and i think it is better for people to go around using Uber or Grab. One of the best thing is that you need not drive around and look for Parking lot when reaching a crowded place.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

It also depends on how often you need to drive around JB and the distances.
Also, whether you are staying in a gated & guarded residence otherwise, you may not find your car, especially a new one, the next morning.
You also noticed that most suburb carparks now already started paid parking.
While having a car is convenient but the best part about Grab/Uber is they are available 24/7 and charges are quoted before the journey.
So car vs Grab/Uber, weigh the difference before deciding buying a car.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
absolutely true abt convenience of ubergrab but i had several bad experience abt these cars-smelly and dirty n bad drivers.
the thing is u got no choice unless uberX where chances of a better cleaner car is assured. i m ok but not wifey.

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
It also depends on how often you need to drive around JB and the distances.
Also, whether you are staying in a gated & guarded residence otherwise, you may not find your car, especially a new one, the next morning.
You also noticed that most suburb carparks now already started paid parking.
While having a car is convenient but the best part about Grab/Uber is they are available 24/7 and charges are quoted before the journey.
So car vs Grab/Uber, weigh the difference before deciding buying a car.

I lived in a non G&G area, leave my Singapore / Malaysia car outside my house gate. 2 more in the back alley, so far so good leh. I think they don't anyhow steal also. Need to see demand.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I lived in a non G&G area, leave my Singapore / Malaysia car outside my house gate. 2 more in the back alley, so far so good leh. I think they don't anyhow steal also. Need to see demand.

We all know that car theft is extremely rampant in JB, the question is just where and when.
Someone I know had his car wheels, tyres plus sports rims, removed and stolen in the afternoon!

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are 2 types who surf in this forum.

1) Those who intend to move - However those who here now are those who moved. I believe I am one of those late batches who moved yet it has been 3 years since I moved into JB.
2) Those who invested in property still wondering did they make the right choice - 2018 will see a major supply surge so ya.... no one is really checking property investment in JB nowadays. I last heard, Cambodia and Thailand beats Malaysia property handsdown (from ERA agents)...

For us who are inside now, can see how jam pack the traffic and shopping malls are on weekend, really do not want to encourage more Singaporeans to shift in. LOL (just kidding) Therefore, not actively singing praises of JB.

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well I do hope the sharing (Good and Bad) will continue. Learn lots from those who have shared... Both Owners and Investors.
Anyway since when JB weekend got no jams! Hahahaha

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well I do hope the sharing (Good and Bad) will continue. Learn lots from those who have shared... Both Owners and Investors.
Anyway since when JB weekend got no jams! Hahahaha

but you can obviously tell the difference 3 years old and now. I am already comtemplating to move further north into Kulai if traffic is still as bad.

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well it is good that JB progresses, modern Malls, world class theme parks and all... hopefully infrastructure also progresses.
Singapore with its ERP, Road and other Taxes also can be quite jammed. Singapore malls also full with people during the weekends.
Just enjoy your bigger space and stretching your money further. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.