• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
We now have fuel prices for June 2016, and just like last month, prices of RON 95, RON 97 and diesel again go unchanged in Malaysia. Prices have now stayed the same since April 2016.

As such, for June 2016, RON 95 is priced at RM1.70 per litre (unchanged), RON 97 at RM2.05 per litre (unchanged), diesel at RM1.55 per litre (unchanged) and Euro 5 diesel at RM1.65 (unchanged).

Shell V-Power Racing is priced at RM2.55 per litre (unchanged), a RM0.50 premium over RON 97. As for RON 100 Petron Blaze 100, it is still priced at RM2.60 per litre (unchanged).

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be prepared for one of the dumbest projects by the government

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2016/06/01/vep-in-effect-for-foreign-cars-entering-johor/

"Anyone driving a vehicle with Singapore plates, including Malaysians, will be charged VEP on the Malaysian side.

“We also do not offer special discounts, like Singapore does,” he said.

In Singapore, each foreign car is given 10 free days. There are also no charges during the weekends."

Are they trying to bait Singapore to match policies? If Singapore remove permit-free days/hours and discounts it will just make things worst for their own locals who work in SG.:eek:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be prepared for one of the dumbest projects by the government

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2016/06/01/vep-in-effect-for-foreign-cars-entering-johor/

"Anyone driving a vehicle with Singapore plates, including Malaysians, will be charged VEP on the Malaysian side.

“We also do not offer special discounts, like Singapore does,” he said.

In Singapore, each foreign car is given 10 free days. There are also no charges during the weekends."

Huh start today? But this morning 2am I went for massage and back 5am no issue what

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hello everybody here in the know.:biggrin:

Planning to drive to KL next weekend 11/6. Grateful for update what's the new VEP trial run like.
Had logged in JPT website last month, but never got the tag -only with a vague promise "will revert" :confused:

So do we have to bring original veh registration card + insurance cover, and what's the routine like?
After passport control?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Planning to drive to KL next weekend 11/6. Grateful for update what's the new VEP trial run like.
Had logged in JPT website last month, but never got the tag -only with a vague promise "will revert" :confused:

So do we have to bring original veh registration card + insurance cover, and what's the routine like?
After passport control?

JB has screwed up its VEP planning and system, as usual. The VEP website is unable to cope, so just drive in as per normal until the registration and tag are sorted out.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
JB has screwed up its VEP planning and system, as usual. The VEP website is unable to cope, so just drive in as per normal until the registration and tag are sorted out.
Thanks, that's comforting to know. Not surprising, as with many ill-planned initiatives and rollout.

Yamato

Alfrescian
Loyal

After passport control?

Take a bus, don't risk. My friend left car with carwash and went supermarket shopping came out car gone.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone sent me this an hour ago. Read it and take precautions if it's appropriate for yourself. Judge it as you wish!

Today, we were stopped by Malaysian highway police at the rest area just before second link. Actually all Singapore cars were channelled into the rest area and stopped.

At the first gate, they did a cross checking of your car plate. Those with outstanding traffic offense were forced to stop and they took away your driving license, IC or passport.

You are to line up to obtain your outstanding offense list. We did and I was surprised to find that I have 3, with two of them in 2001 and 2004. I am always careful and I paid my traffic fines promptly. I challenged them and they asked me to go check out at their computer station. I went there and they could not produce. Officer there said 2001 and 2004 was too old. So I asked them to produce the one on Dec 31, 2012. They too could not produce. They simply strong arm and force you to pay.

I lined up to pay. There were 2 long lines. Some have more than 10 items. A guy had 7 or 8 pages and had more than 60 line items. Some poor guys had no money and they were frantic.

As expected, when you paid your fine, they took away your original offense list. I took picture of the slip earlier and encouraged everyone around me to do likewise.

The European couple in front of me had 12 items, with 2 items on the same day, an hour apart. One from Batu Pahat and another from Seramban. She was puzzled as there was I way she could drive that distance in an hour.

As she was paying, 3 more line items came up. All there were from the same day, bearing the same time. They ignored their plea so the Caucasian couple paid M$2,250. The two guys in front of them paid many thousands. They got more than 60 line items!

The Caucasian couple told me that the police has been doing this for a week. They usually leave early and did not get caught. They only do this at second link as doing this at Causeway would cause a massive jam.

[This happens to my friend today. After today don't go Malaysia by private car. My friend was also fined and had his purchases of rice and eggs confiscated in JB check point. No reason given.]

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On traffic cowboys, years back I had this on the opposite end on 2nd link (just after CIQ). No escape, before you go up 2nd link bridge.
All SG cars kena herded to office, with a printout of your unpaid speeding offences (going back 1 year).

Sergeant even asked me to pay cash to him, so he can "discount" same. Gave me his hp #, had to come back next day as ran out of hard cash

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans still love to go into JB. Even willing to get stuck in jams. Some even buy properties there.

Whatever savings some of them get from shopping for groceries, if they get caught by the JB corrupted police, the amount they have to pay erases all the gains. Maybe even pay a lot more.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone sent me this an hour ago. Read it and take precautions if it's appropriate for yourself. Judge it as you wish!

Today, we were stopped by Malaysian highway police at the rest area just before second link. Actually all Singapore cars were channelled into the rest area and stopped.

At the first gate, they did a cross checking of your car plate. Those with outstanding traffic offense were forced to stop and they took away your driving license, IC or passport.

You are to line up to obtain your outstanding offense list. We did and I was surprised to find that I have 3, with two of them in 2001 and 2004. I am always careful and I paid my traffic fines promptly. I challenged them and they asked me to go check out at their computer station. I went there and they could not produce. Officer there said 2001 and 2004 was too old. So I asked them to produce the one on Dec 31, 2012. They too could not produce. They simply strong arm and force you to pay.

I lined up to pay. There were 2 long lines. Some have more than 10 items. A guy had 7 or 8 pages and had more than 60 line items. Some poor guys had no money and they were frantic.

As expected, when you paid your fine, they took away your original offense list. I took picture of the slip earlier and encouraged everyone around me to do likewise.

The European couple in front of me had 12 items, with 2 items on the same day, an hour apart. One from Batu Pahat and another from Seramban. She was puzzled as there was I way she could drive that distance in an hour.

As she was paying, 3 more line items came up. All there were from the same day, bearing the same time. They ignored their plea so the Caucasian couple paid M$2,250. The two guys in front of them paid many thousands. They got more than 60 line items!

The Caucasian couple told me that the police has been doing this for a week. They usually leave early and did not get caught. They only do this at second link as doing this at Causeway would cause a massive jam.

[This happens to my friend today. After today don't go Malaysia by private car. My friend was also fined and had his purchases of rice and eggs confiscated in JB check point. No reason given.]

Highway robbers LOL!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans still love to go into JB. Even willing to get stuck in jams. Some even buy properties there.

Whatever savings some of them get from shopping for groceries, if they get caught by the JB corrupted police, the amount they have to pay erases all the gains. Maybe even pay a lot more.

Can you clarify if you are against the idea of Singaporeans investing in JB properties or against just buying JB properties at all?

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wahlau, the writeups here seem to say that all are being penalised for something not committed.

really highway robbery..........

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Huh? That's like saying, Singaporeans like to visit Paris. Even willing to spend thousands on flights. Some even fly business class. Watever enjoyment they get during the trip is wiped out if they get scammed by the blacks in Montmarte :p

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Huh? That's like saying, Singaporeans like to visit Paris. Even willing to spend thousands on flights. Some even fly business class. Watever enjoyment they get during the trip is wiped out if they get scammed by the blacks in Montmarte :p

LOL! I just got home via Woodlands. I think I skipped the worst part of the bike jam on Friday. But the Webcam shows an OMG situation at Tuas and Woodlands. It's really a fact that despite what people say, people are still wanting to chiong JB. Jams also cannot deter the determined!

Status
Not open for further replies.