• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
Need to get to workplace on time and by 0730hrs at CCK area near BKE. I know MACS is important and I have a few transport options now till RTS is up (donkey years later):

1. By tebrau train followed by car parked in Singapore / Singapore public transport

2. By Singapore Car- brave through the jam

3. By direct bus to workplace

4. Bus followed by using car parked in Singapore/Singapore public transport.

All via woodland causeway.

What is your advice?

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry for the sudden load in questions

My Unit is still UC and should be ready by 4QTR 16/ 1QTR 17. I would like to rent first either at

1. East Ledang Apartments
2. Condo/Apartment near Woodland CIQ.

There are 2 stops for us in the morning:

1. Jalan Bahar Area (by 8am)
2. CCK area near BBK (by 7.30am)

We have a car. Where would you advise us to rent?

A- Rent East Ledang via 2nd link to Jalan Bahar to CCK area

B- Rent Condo/Apartment near Woodland CIQ via Woodland Causeway to CCK area to Jalan Bahar

again, much thanks

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am just wondering if paying RM600K for a studio unit at Princess Cove is worth it? I am not too familiar with Property Prices in Johor. Am i like paying a good price for it? or am i being "bluffed" by the agent etc? Is that location worth RM600k for a studio? Basically what caught my eye for that property is because it's directly at the door step of CIQ and there are like 3 shopping malls surrounding it, so it's extremely convenient for both traveling in and out of Singapore, and for buying of Groceries etc.
Princess Cove is a high density project with 30,000+ unit planned over 5 phases projected to be completed in 10 years. Take your time and consider carefully. In Malaysia property scene, prices above RM$ 1000, be it freehold and luxury, will be considered very high with almost no capital appreciation potential.

Disclaimer: Things may changed drastically if RTS station is confirmed next to it.

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
gotcha. I think there are a few options to do this besides OSCAR. Some options like diverting mails from Singapore address to overseas address- but that costs $$ and not cheap.

I may adopt a hybrid approach instead as I want to keep address on NRIC.

etc.. opting out paper statements for all credit cards and all possible mails, requesting for online statements instead, using the govt one mail box (email) and using Singapore address for remaining mails ( hopefully all ads). I just get worried about unknown TP/LTA fines. Usually we are given 7 days to settle. I won't know that I kena until I do the next routine check on Singapore mailbox.

anyone has a different "mailing" system?

Just a note, if I am not wrong it is considered an offence not to register your current place of residence as the reported address, under the National Registration Act. The ICA sent a letter to my wife one year after we moved into JB to tell her to update address.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry for the sudden load in questions

My Unit is still UC and should be ready by 4QTR 16/ 1QTR 17. I would like to rent first either at

1. East Ledang Apartments
2. Condo/Apartment near Woodland CIQ.

There are 2 stops for us in the morning:

1. Jalan Bahar Area (by 8am)
2. CCK area near BBK (by 7.30am)

We have a car. Where would you advise us to rent?

A- Rent East Ledang via 2nd link to Jalan Bahar to CCK area

B- Rent Condo/Apartment near Woodland CIQ via Woodland Causeway to CCK area to Jalan Bahar

again, much thanks

Personally I would prefer near Woodlands because if got terrible jam last resort to walk across still possible. At 2nd link it would be unthinkable to walk.

bluesky321

Alfrescian
Loyal
Technically the closest to checkpoint is Tritower or Suasana I think.

I bought a unit nearby Princess cove at a much cheaper price but of course not as "prestigious" and i'm sure quality wise, my place will not be on same level. Personally for me, I think PC is overpriced, totally my personal opinion. Others might disagree.

If you looking for deals, Skyhabitat & Vsummer are still selling the bumi release i think and are nearing or already completed.

Hi Ec Boy/All,

I do find PC overpriced as well, hence I m a bit reluctant. I find Skyhabitat n esp V Summer pretty interesting, as it's really value for money. Is there anyone who have purchased a unit in V Summer. Care to share info on this development? How much is it for a 1+1? Other than Skyhabitat n V Summer, are there still any other such value for money Condos close to customs? (CIQ) etc.
Thanks all.

BlueSky

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would like to check how you deal with mobile phones (comms) while staying in JB. I'm thinking of using one phone (Singapore) And purchase a $10/month M1 overseas data shared plan ( people can still get to me and I can whatsapp/internet call back when necessary).

But I have a nagging feeling that I will still need a Malaysia number regardless for residential issues etc for signing up broadband and others.

What is the most practical way?

And is getting a landline a necessity? With mobile phones nowadays, no right?

I have a prepaid hot link phone which comes with free basic Internet, just enough to do whatsapp, which I also use as hot spot for my SG phone so I can whatsapp in my SG phone.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Ec Boy/All,

I do find PC overpriced as well, hence I m a bit reluctant. I find Skyhabitat n esp V Summer pretty interesting, as it's really value for money. Is there anyone who have purchased a unit in V Summer. Care to share info on this development? How much is it for a 1+1? Other than Skyhabitat n V Summer, are there still any other such value for money Condos close to customs? (CIQ) etc.
Thanks all.

BlueSky

Good to take your time to check out a few projects and compare them. Take note of surrounding amenities and environment too, make sure not too "ark zark" :biggrin:

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just a note, if I am not wrong it is considered an offence not to register your current place of residence as the reported address, under the National Registration Act. The ICA sent a letter to my wife one year after we moved into JB to tell her to update address.

A bit mafan but We are shuttling between 3 places- in law's place (Singapore), my parent's home (Singapore) and condo in Johor, so Johor condo could be more of a weekend home instead. We could be staying with parents' most of the time during weekdays. You can say we are trialing the move but will favor staying in Singapore ( with parents) if affects work, and treat JB home as ad-hoc accommodation. We are staying with parents now and NRIC naturally reflects our birth homes.

We do need a more flexible mail arrangement. I can't imagine getting snail mails from 3 locations or bothering both set of parents to track mails for us all the time.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good to take your time to check out a few projects and compare them. Take note of surrounding amenities and environment too, make sure not too "ark zark" :biggrin:

Agreed.
Personal advice is go to the project itself and check it out. This apply to any project you are intending to buy. See if you like the surroundings, quality, the traffic flows, the amenities, etc. DO NOT LISTEN to the agent. They are after conclusion of the sales and commission only. They will answer what you ask and what you want to hear. They will not tell you what you do not like to hear. Good luck.

Last edited:

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally I would prefer near Woodlands because if got terrible jam last resort to walk across still possible. At 2nd link it would be unthinkable to walk.

Gotcha,I was thinking of staying near JB sentral too- 1. to test out actual future travel route 2. makes more logical travel sense for us.

Our main deterrence is that CIQ woodlands causeway seems more unpredictable than Tuas causeway.

Can recommend some projects for rent near woodlands? We'll try to contact agents to see see look look.

We have 2 key considerations- Top consideration is the security of the condo and close to CIQ (I.e. 5-7 min drive away or walkable).

Thanks

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would like to check how you deal with mobile phones (comms) while staying in JB. I'm thinking of using one phone (Singapore) And purchase a $10/month M1 overseas data shared plan ( people can still get to me and I can whatsapp/internet call back when necessary).

But I have a nagging feeling that I will still need a Malaysia number regardless for residential issues etc for signing up broadband and others.

What is the most practical way?

And is getting a landline a necessity? With mobile phones nowadays, no right?

u mobile postpaid rm28 for 3gb data with 80 min phone call.

digi prepaid rm100 and can deduct rm30 to retain number for 1 year w/o break. can subscribe rm7 for 350mb/week data.
but do remember to cancel subscription or else digi simply deduct rm7 weekly even for non data usage.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Ec Boy/All,

Thanks all.

BlueSky

Vsummer has the duplex which is damn cool but still not completed yet so dunno how it will look, go ask the office. As for Skysuite (sry earlier i mistook for skyhabitat) it's already completed I think and i believe i saw a listing for 650+ psf.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
A bit mafan but We are shuttling between 3 places- in law's place (Singapore), my parent's home (Singapore) and condo in Johor, so Johor condo could be more of a weekend home instead. We could be staying with parents' most of the time during weekdays. You can say we are trialing the move but will favor staying in Singapore ( with parents) if affects work, and treat JB home as ad-hoc accommodation. We are staying with parents now and NRIC naturally reflects our birth homes.

We do need a more flexible mail arrangement. I can't imagine getting snail mails from 3 locations or bothering both set of parents to track mails for us all the time.

If that is so, forget about OSCAR lah....just direct mails to most convenient address among them?

bluesky321

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vsummer has the duplex which is damn cool but still not completed yet so dunno how it will look, go ask the office. As for Skysuite (sry earlier i mistook for skyhabitat) it's already completed I think and i believe i saw a listing for 650+ psf.

Hi EcBoy,

Thanks for the heads up. Yup i went to see the SOHO for V Summer on the webby, it looks very impressive, like some princely royalty apartment high up in the clouds - the ceiling is so Tall, so relaxing. However having said that, it's not within my budget, and i don't need such huge a place, so i am looking at the smallest unit it has which i believe is sufficient. I should be going down to Johor tomorrow to have a look at the showroom, as well as have a feel of the surrounding. If anyone feels that there are better projects i can explore to decide when i am over tomorrow, feel free to let me know.

Currently i only know of 4 Developments that is close or reasonably close to CIQ Customs - Princess Cove, SkyHabitat, V@Summer and City Woods. Still trying to see if there are still any budget hidden gems lying around there. :smile:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
All my KL properties almost nearly doubled when I sold it. ( Bought above RM 1000psf ) I heard those investors who bought into ULU "Haven" in Ipoh also almost double their investment.

Princess Cove is a high density project with 30,000+ unit planned over 5 phases projected to be completed in 10 years. Take your time and consider carefully. In Malaysia property scene, prices above RM$ 1000, be it freehold and luxury, will be considered very high with almost no capital appreciation potential.

Disclaimer: Things may changed drastically if RTS station is confirmed next to it.

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
u mobile postpaid rm28 for 3gb data with 80 min phone call.

digi prepaid rm100 and can deduct rm30 to retain number for 1 year w/o break. can subscribe rm7 for 350mb/week data.
but do remember to cancel subscription or else digi simply deduct rm7 weekly even for non data usage.

Thanks, bakkuttay!
looks like you are endorsing getting a Malaysia mobile line as it makes more sense from cost perspective (:

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
If that is so, forget about OSCAR lah....just direct mails to most convenient address among them?

I concluded that too. But in case there were better solutioning out there- so just asking around. Who knows right? ☺️

nusajaya2020

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bluesky321, you can try renting for 6mths before committing to buy if you like it. Buying is easy, but selling is another matter.

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi folks,

search online and need some advice. are these places rentable? safe and near enough to CIQ etc

1. golden sand serviced apartment
2. sky suites at meldrum hills
3. tropez at danga day

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.