• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

anastweet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone,

im new to this forum . my hubby and i have been considering to stay in JB. He is working full time while my work hours are flexible and we have a 2yr old daughter.

As we are new to properties in JB, we hope to get advise from experienced forummers here :smile:

1) Will it be more advisable to buy or rent? Why?
2) Will it be better to buy landed property or condo? Pros and Cons?
3) What are ur views on Tropicana Danga Bay, Astaka and R&F Tanjung Puteri condo? Is the area recommended? Safe?
4) What is MOT and is it a common thing that property purchased is first under developer, then transfer to our ownership?

Tq in advance everyone ;D

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone,

im new to this forum . my hubby and i have been considering to stay in JB. He is working full time while my work hours are flexible and we have a 2yr old daughter.

As we are new to properties in JB, we hope to get advise from experienced forummers here :smile:

3) What are ur views on Tropicana Danga Bay, Astaka and R&F Tanjung Puteri condo? Is the area recommended? Safe?
4) What is MOT and is it a common thing that property purchased is first under developer, then transfer to our ownership?

Actually I would say a lot depends on budget. Astaka is like about 2 million. I'm this price range got a lot of choices.

anastweet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I would say a lot depends on budget. Astaka is like about 2 million. I'm this price range got a lot of choices.

Yup true.... how much is the price range for landed property? are singaporeans allowed to purchase a property below rm1mil.

i heard ppl say depreciation range for condo is bad. is that true?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone,

in brief:
1) rent first. reason: can just cancel tenancy and move back singapore if you don't like it.
2) landed. cons: security may be issue & 2m ceiling price may be on the way. if u decide to rent out your landed, yield may not be good.
3) personal choice. but i would choose tropicana DB among the three. safe? not for lone woman with child walking around at night.
4) developer develop under master title. then subdivide out title deed to purchasers. hence need MOT. (memorandum of transfer)

Last edited:

anastweet

Alfrescian
Loyal
in brief:
1) rent first. reason: can just cancel tenancy and move back singapore if you don't like it.
2) landed. cons: security may be issue & 2m ceiling price may be on the way. if u decide to rent out your landed, yield may not be good.
3) personal choice. but i would choose tropicana DB among the three. safe? not for lone woman with child walking around at night.
4) developer develop under master title. then subdivide out title deed to purchasers. hence need MOT. (memorandum of transfer)

oh thats really helps. tq:wink:

do u mean generally it is nt safe for a woman to travel alone , anywhere in the country?

yes i like condo cos i feel its safer.. at the same time, i like landed cos of the bigger space.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the rate might not be universal as the components of the will varies.
It also matters if u are an existing client of the law firm & how much discount applies.
U might want to PM me for an estimate. But i think its better to call them in person to check.

Rgds

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can I ask you guys something? What do you do when you see a foreign car park inside the car porch of your next door neighbor house? I snap the car plate number already.
I don't have my neighbor contact. I know something is odd because I saw who is the owner and he is not driving a proto wira. If contractor even jialat right?

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
err... could be the neighbours relatives or friends? I used to have all kinds of kinds parked into my house.. wiras, gen2, myvi, Bentley, m3 etc all got when my friends and relatives are visiting

Can I ask you guys something? What do you do when you see a foreign car park inside the car porch of your next door neighbor house? I snap the car plate number already.
I don't have my neighbor contact. I know something is odd because I saw who is the owner and he is not driving a proto wira. If contractor even jialat right?

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal

You're being a good neighbour by being so vigilant. I would do the same, especially if my neighbour is not around and those unfamiliar cars are parked in his/her porch. The best you could do is to alert your neighbour when you next see him/her. Safety is everyone's job.

Status
Not open for further replies.