• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
And no more living in JB ? Tired of jams and JB life ?

Jams can be managed rather easily.. Do not go back to sg the usual time as the others . Everyone was going back after holiday break yesterday..sure jam. I came back this morning at 5 am - took about 1.5 hour at the first link. Had a nice breakfast along the causeway with beautiful music. :smile:

For me , anything between 1 to 1.5 hour is expected. Less than 1 hour is a bonus.

I was only caught in a horrendous jam twice (2 to 3 hours)in my last 1.5 years travelling in and out of JB.

This morning bike lane best, I reached office less than 45min.:biggrin:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
JB is a nice place to retire. You can choose to go Singapore at 2pm or 2am where the traffic is the smoothest.

JB not the best place for travelling out to work or study. Imagine when all the new condos start to have inhabitants; hell will break loose.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
And no more living in JB ? Tired of jams and JB life ?

Jams can be managed rather easily.. Do not go back to sg the usual time as the others . Everyone was going back after holiday break yesterday..sure jam. I came back this morning at 5 am - took about 1.5 hour at the first link. Had a nice breakfast along the causeway with beautiful music. :smile:

For me , anything between 1 to 1.5 hour is expected. Less than 1 hour is a bonus.

I was only caught in a horrendous jam twice (2 to 3 hours)in my last 1.5 years travelling in and out of JB.

haha , well experienced it liao , dun wan to shorten my life with inconsiderate neighbours and jams etc .
if cant sell then tahan till i retire there n no need to caught in jam etc .

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
JB is a nice place to retire. You can choose to go Singapore at 2pm or 2am where the traffic is the smoothest.

JB not the best place for travelling out to work or study. Imagine when all the new condos start to have inhabitants; hell will break loose.

I think if all the condo is up, the traffic will be slightly busier only. As far as i know most of them are not going to be occupied !

supermario

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Jolly and Tania,

As both of you has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her. Hence I will be replying you here.

Hi,

Firstly, apology for late reply. I am sorry I cannot help you as I tried for 2 weeks, calling whatever numbers I could find online but to no avail. I have since given up. In fact I read online they closed in around July 2013. I also lost my Moven cookery set as per of the free gift for an ionizer. Lesson learnt is to take your goods early. I will keep you in the loop if I have information how to contact them. Do keep me in the loop as other forumers have written to me as well.

Cheers

S.Mario

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Working nite, especially permanent nite shift is really bad for ones health. Teres reasons why God created day and nite for mankind.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Working nite, especially permanent nite shift is really bad for ones health. Teres reasons why God created day and nite for mankind.

Hi whoami, not that bad la! Been doing this for past 25 years alrdy. Most impt must have enough sleep. Only downside is family and social life abit upside down.

BMSKE44

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard in a coffee shop in Bukit Indah, some local chinese chatting that a thief has broken into a semi-d which is use as a weekend home by some Singaporeans using loud fire crackers to set off the unit alarm and break into the unit through a toilet window at the guest room.

They said surprising nobody in the neighborhood bothers to check when the unit alarm went off as they though it is a false alarm by the firecrackers as usual and the guard also thought that way. Seems that gated and guarded security is just a show with thieves and robber being so creative while security guards being lax and assuming in JB.

The other time I heard a house in KL was also robbed in a similar way by setting fire to an adjacent unit and while the firemen were busy fighting fire in the adjacent unit, the thieves got away with a loot in the targeted unit.

Looks like complacency is a threat to security here in JB.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard in a coffee shop in Bukit Indah, some local chinese chatting that a thief has broken into a semi-d which is use as a weekend home by some Singaporeans using loud fire crackers to set off the unit alarm and break into the unit through a toilet window at the guest room.

They said surprising nobody in the neighborhood bothers to check when the unit alarm went off as they though it is a false alarm by the firecrackers as usual and the guard also thought that way. Seems that gated and guarded security is just a show with thieves and robber being so creative while security guards being lax and assuming in JB.

The other time I heard a house in KL was also robbed in a similar way by setting fire to an adjacent unit and while the firemen were busy fighting fire in the adjacent unit, the thieves got away with a loot in the targeted unit.

Looks like complacency is a threat to security here in JB.

Wow! Hopefully, it is not a gated and guarded community. That would be disappointing for the rest of the residents.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was caught in a crazy jam as well.

I left at 00:10am and breezed past Malaysia Immigration.

I was happy albeit momentarily.

Cause the moment I was out of CIQ A HUGE JAM on the singapore side that almost reached the CIQ building.

I reached home at 2:00 am.

Sometimes it's not the Malaysian side....

In this case it was the Singapore side...

Be that as it may .... the jams ate not gonna be a drawback for me.

I must admit I had a wonderful holiday and a lot of sanity.

Caught in a massive jam coming back to SG just now. Not as terrifying as 31 Dec year-end but lasted 2.5 hours in total...... Haiz.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree that if something is not done 2hr jams will become the norm.

Seriously something must be done.

Under no jam situations I take only 45~50 min.

Treasure what you are experiencing now i.e. 1.5 hr. By next year this time it is likely to stretch to 2 hr :eek:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

I don't get it because the alarm system once triggered, would have automatically dial to the owner to alert him. Mine does that.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't get it because the alarm system once triggered, would have automatically dial to the owner to alert him. Mine does that.

Not all alarms r equipped with GSM module or connected to telephone line. Even if there is an alert, it could be too late to respond if u r in Singapore.

DorisPing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not all alarms r equipped with GSM module or connected to telephone line. Even if there is an alert, it could be too late to respond if u r in Singapore.

This is very disappointing...i heard that jb is notorious for break-ins...especially for weekend homes...
If one is willing to invest in house alarm, why not put a few more dollars...umm...ringgits to have it equipped with GSM or phone...or better linked through the net...
Also should install full frontal, side and backyard flood lights with motion sensors...hehehe...this one sure will scare the daylights out of those potential thieves...:eek::eek::eek:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is very disappointing...i heard that jb is notorious for break-ins...especially for weekend homes...
If one is willing to invest in house alarm, why not put a few more dollars...umm...ringgits to have it equipped with GSM or phone...or better linked through the net...
Also should install full frontal, side and backyard flood lights with motion sensors...hehehe...this one sure will scare the daylights out of those potential thieves...:eek::eek::eek:

GSM module is a few hundred RM and requires a GSM chip with monthly subscription. Same for land lines which require monthly subscription. Most weekenders don't keep valuables in the house, so it is not a major issue. I'm looking for air-gun though to protect myself if there is burglary in the house while I'm there.

DorisPing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Airgun?? Is it legal to own one in My...:confused:

GSM module is a few hundred RM and requires a GSM chip with monthly subscription. Same for land lines which require monthly subscription. Most weekenders don't keep valuables in the house, so it is not a major issue. I'm looking for air-gun though to protect myself if there is burglary in the house while I'm there.

Status
Not open for further replies.