• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
WARNING TO WOULD BE PURCHASER OF RESALE PROPERTY

Just to share, there was a case where a buyer bought a brand new resale unit whereby developer provided 8 airconditioning unit throughout, upon taking over, buyer got a shock, all the aircon units were missing. Buyer checked with developer and confirmed that aircon were installed, buyer then checked with vendor, vendor told him that the sale was bare unit and nothing was written down as inventory. Who's fault?

Fault is the buyer who is supposed to inspect the unit first before buying. The developer is not a party to the contract between the vendor and the buyer.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
V strange story. Upon VP there will be a check list to sign by buyer before developer hands over e keys.

Not necessary , some item like alarm , taps , and accessories may come much later upon arrangement by buyer after renovation leh .

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not necessary , some item like alarm , taps , and accessories may come much later upon arrangement by buyer after renovation leh .

All items provided later will require signature by buyer to verify they have installed. But the buyer must have seen e house n asked about e items tt are still missing before signing over e keys. Aircon is such a big item not to miss. Which is y e story is strange because e developer must have installed them when they claimed tt to have done so. If not e buyer shd have detected it at key collection. Best is to check w developer where e sign over form is, if e keys are collected by previous owner. I still doubt e story.

supermario

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello everybody! Reading this thread since January this year after my first purchase in JB. Now only at Living in JB 2 page 66....Registered a couple of months back posted once...but my username was not recognised...not sure why. Anyway will be looking to post more while I try to finish thread 2. Went to country garden thread...I can't believe ppl are paying flippers transfer fees to get choice units.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
WARNING TO WOULD BE PURCHASER OF RESALE PROPERTY

Just to share, there was a case where a buyer bought a brand new resale unit whereby developer provided 8 airconditioning unit throughout, upon taking over, buyer got a shock, all the aircon units were missing. Buyer checked with developer and confirmed that aircon were installed, buyer then checked with vendor, vendor told him that the sale was bare unit and nothing was written down as inventory. Who's fault?

Looks like subsale situation. Vendor (who bought from developer) kapoed all the aircon units and sell to purchaser as bare unit. Vendor save on aircon if he has new house somewhere, or he resell to others for extra cash.

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like subsale situation. Vendor (who bought from developer) kapoed all the aircon units and sell to purchaser as bare unit. Vendor save on aircon if he has new house somewhere, or he resell to others for extra cash.

Frodo, you are absolutely right.

Buyer have to ensure that inventory list is put down clearly in the option or the offer to purchase. For this case, the buyer also paid the "CBD" agent commission whom did not protect his interest.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frodo, you are absolutely right.

Buyer have to ensure that inventory list is put down clearly in the option or the offer to purchase. For this case, the buyer also paid the "CBD" agent commission whom did not protect his interest.

Thank God my subsale vendor not like that. I get to keep everything given by developer.:biggrin:

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal

If true, then vendor is chow kuan. Anything that is fixed cannot be removed and aircon is a fixture that cannot be removed to take away. This type of vendor should be taken to tasks if can.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
If true, then vendor is chow kuan. Anything that is fixed cannot be removed and aircon is a fixture that cannot be removed to take away. This type of vendor should be taken to tasks if can.

Agreed he is chow kuan for taking out aircon, but if vendor has told purchaser upfront that it is bare unit, then maybe vendor was upfront with being chow kuan? But also agree that purchaser must know exactly what he is buying. Maybe his property agent also not good and did not advise him properly.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi

Does anyone knows any chi char coffeeshop have home delivery to East Ledang ?
Please provide names and tel number as some gelah patah chi zhar are not so nice

Thanks

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Big jams at 1st n 2nd links now at 10.30pm towards Johor. What's happening?

just checked the cameras. the 2nd link jam at sgp custom going into johor looks bad, and is strange at this time.

however, the woodlands side seems like just a normal everyday jam. there is 'short' queue at woodland, johor side bridge looks clear.

supermario

Alfrescian
Loyal
just checked the cameras. the 2nd link jam at sgp custom going into johor looks bad, and is strange at this time.

however, the woodlands side seems like just a normal everyday jam. there is 'short' queue at woodland, johor side bridge looks clear.

Last Friday was at City Sq. Around 9.45-10pm, the CIQ was quite packed. Like 25 ppl in each queue. So many ppl going in M'sia at this time? If driving can understand but they are not. Anybody have any ideas why?

supermario

Alfrescian
Loyal
After taking almost 11 mths to go through Living in JB thread 1, from the days of HH v EL/ST debate, to NI and era of condos. It is like taking the experience of everybody and learning the history of living in JB. Thanks Wuqi and all the forummers for providing so much info. I saw long postings but why am I limited to 500 characters?

terencetan1981

Alfrescian
Loyal

my car joined the queue just the second out of JB checkpoint this morning. It took 2 hours to get to the other side. The Tuas counter officer was lethargically clearing the queue and i saw no sense of urgency on the face. i just cry in my heart... i wonder if it's a message from the Gov- the smaller turf is greener back here.

terencetan1981

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed he is chow kuan for taking out aircon, but if vendor has told purchaser upfront that it is bare unit, then maybe vendor was upfront with being chow kuan? But also agree that purchaser must know exactly what he is buying. Maybe his property agent also not good and did not advise him properly.

agree both should do their due diligence for the transaction. Considering there's already complaints and issue with the agent in SG where strict controls are in place; JB agent is simply a question of luck. It's better to sell within the DLP and the fitments not installed so that the buyer can exercise the defects checking and the installation of fitments.

As long as the 1st owner has not perform any renovation, removal, alteration to the handovered unit, the insurance warrantied to 1st buyer can be extended to the 3rd party. this allow the subsequent buyer to claim defects, sue the developer for defaults.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
agree both should do their due diligence for the transaction. Considering there's already complaints and issue with the agent in SG where strict controls are in place; JB agent is simply a question of luck. It's better to sell within the DLP and the fitments not installed so that the buyer can exercise the defects checking and the installation of fitments.

As long as the 1st owner has not perform any renovation, removal, alteration to the handovered unit, the insurance warrantied to 1st buyer can be extended to the 3rd party. this allow the subsequent buyer to claim defects, sue the developer for defaults.

Agreed! Now the developer has fixed up water leakage problems at my house, and some electrical wiring issues to be done later. Would have cost me much to get all these things done myself. So I am now :smile:

But what I am beginning to dislike is the creepy crawlies making guest appearances every now and then.:(

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
One thing in particular I didn't like about JB, and I am sure many would agree, is the number of potholes, or mini sinkholes???, on the roads. Very bad for cars and even badder for bike riders. Travelling at night worst, street lamps sometimes not even working. :(

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
One thing in particular I didn't like about JB, and I am sure many would agree, is the number of potholes, or mini sinkholes???, on the roads. Very bad for cars and even badder for bike riders. Travelling at night worst, street lamps sometimes not even working. :(

it's normal in malaysia. i used to ride / drive from rawang to my hometown, its a trunk road . pitch black. and have to overtake slow lorry in the dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.