• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonlance

Alfrescian
Loyal
To bros and sis... Have not logged on for some time.. Posted this over at the EL thread but just in case anyone missed this:
FYI, I am looking to let go of my semi dee in East Ledang, type A.. 5+1 bedrooms. Price negotiable.. Please PM me for more details, dun want to take up too much space here! Thanks thanks! :-)

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Revive UDA's role as a bumi-oriented developer

The Urban Development Authority's (UDA) role as a developer of low-cost residential and commercial property should be revived to enable bumiputras to buy affordable real estate, according to Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin.

This is because many bumiputras cannot afford to buy a retail unit or even a house in a good location.

“Maybe this is the kind of function, which had been given to UDA in the past, that we could examine,” he said during the Hari Raya open house of the Malay Chambers of Commerce Malaysia (DPMM) yesterday.

“We should look at how it can be implemented and provide the needed opportunities, especially for bumiputra entrepreneurs in the main urban centres across the country,” he added.

DPMM President Datuk Syed Ali Mohamed Al-Attas proposed the idea to renew UDA's role as a developer of affordable real estate, especially for the benefit of bumiputras.

For starters, the government can give UDA 6,000acres of land out of the 20,000 acres set aside for development in Nusajaya, to construct affordable housing.

Founded in 1971 by the government, UDA's original goal was to redevelop and repurpose derelict buildings in urban areas. It also built new townships including Bandar Baru UDA in Johor, Bandar Tun Hussein Onn in Selangor and Taman Tun Dr Ismail in Kuala Lumpur.

But in 1996, it was incorporated and renamed as UDA Holdings Sdn Bhd, before its status was changed into a public limited firm (UDA Holdings Berhad) three years later.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bumis r already enjoying 15% discount on house price. Prob they r looking at 50% discount. If implemented, it will drive house price even higher since non bumi buyers have to subsidize e loss in profit for developers or state government.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bumis r already enjoying 15% discount on house price. Prob they r looking at 50% discount. If implemented, it will drive house price even higher since non bumi buyers have to subsidize e loss in profit for developers or state government.

no, they will build cheap houses (single storey terrace for 100k rm, for eg) and only bumi eligible to buy.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
They have to be allocated land.

yes, that's why i alway try to find out next to my taman, whose land? hey, any rumour what is going to happen at the land north to SEC. that is one current worry of mine. setia salesguy said "we try to find out, but all we know is the land is for residential development". cannot be setia don't know.. hope they not Hiding something. like low cost flat.. :faint:

Last edited:

sillysinky

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes, that's why i alway try to find out next to my taman, whose land? hey, any rumour what is going to happen at the land north to SEC. that is one current worry of mine. setia salesguy said "we try to find out, but all we know is the land is for residential development". cannot be setia don't know.. hope they not Hiding something. like low cost flat.. :faint:

I think the land used to belong to DRB Hicom , which was sold to Ecoworld. and the plan is to build an industrial park like Setia Business Park.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone using U mobile prepaid here ? from last sat till now no reception/ no service due to they changed partner from Starhub to Singtel !
Cant use the phone for TAC for banks transaction and payments !

Last edited:

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone using U mobile prepaid here ? from last sat till now no reception/ no service due to they changed partner from Starhub to Singtel !

I am using Celcom (with 2 years validity). No problem getting TAC with the phone in Singapore (Bt Merah area).

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
S'pore vehicles may be taxed for entry.

NUSAJAYA: Iskandar Malaysia Public Transport Corporation is considering imposing a levy on Singapore-registered vehicles entering the country.

State Public Works, Rural and Regional Development committee chairman Datuk Hasni Mohammad said it was estimated that over 200,000 vehicles commuted between the two countries every day.

He said the levy would reduce the congestion at the entrance to the Customs, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) complex in Johor Baru and could also encourage more to use public transport.

"Public transport users make up only 14 per cent of the commuters," he said at a recent state assembly sitting.

"The fees collected will be used to develop road infrastructure, carry out maintenance works and provide better public transport.

"We aim to have a convenient, reliable and effective public transport system," he said.

He said it is hoped that the levy would change the mind set of motorists in Iskandar Malaysia and encourage them to switch to public transport.

"The levy is part of a long-term development management plan which focuses on reducing the number of foreign-registered vehicles coming into the country to control the traffic volume," he said.

He said about 70 per cent of vehicles on the road were privately owned and a strategic plan was required to solve the issue of traffic congestion.

Anyway, they had been saying this many times before already.

Last edited:

IRONMAN123

Alfrescian
Loyal

Can use Sg mobile number to receive Maybank TAC ( that's what I am doing) or use TAC on mobile ( iOS or android) without need a MY mobile number...

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the land used to belong to DRB Hicom , which was sold to Ecoworld. and the plan is to build an industrial park like Setia Business Park.

oh really, sold to ecoworld? i thought EW bought in tebrau only. well, don't really like the thought of a taman next to industrial park. :sigh:

contrarian

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm still roaming on Starhub. The reception came back on Monday after being locked out on Sat and Sun.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
most of the time is user problem.
Maybe, maybe not. When I was in Melbourne and Sydney, my SingTel SIM card just couldn't log in to any Telco there. I'd even used Manual Network selection to no avail. But when I transferred the SIM card to my wife's handphone, it worked. And when I returned to Sinkie Land and put back to my own handphone, it worked again seamlessly. :*:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.