• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Singaporeans are allowed to drive foreign cars into SG, where are they going to find people to fleece for COE?

LTA gave me a firmed answer NO. No SG can drive any foreign registered car into SG, not even for a short visit of a few hours. No excuse allowed such as being a retiree and has to stretch my savings by moving to MY. LTA's advice is park my MY car beyond the border and take a bus/train to come to homeland/motherland/fatherland.

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gents, the replies all read that we are NOT allowed to drive a foreign registered car into SG but what if I own the car but I am not the driver of the car to come in to Singapore? Is that disallowed as well?

LTA gave me a firmed answer NO. No SG can drive any foreign registered car into SG, not even for a short visit of a few hours. No excuse allowed such as being a retiree and has to stretch my savings by moving to MY. LTA's advice is park my MY car beyond the border and take a bus/train to come to homeland/motherland/fatherland.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear LTA, I am a Malaysian but driving a malaysian car that is registered to a Singaporean (he is my (cousin/nephew/niece/bother/father/mother/gnradfather). May I know, please..am I allowed to drive the car into Singapore. Thank you! Best rgds.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear LTA, I am a Malaysian but driving a malaysian car that is registered to a Singaporean (he is my (cousin/nephew/niece/bother/father/mother/gnradfather). May I know, please..am I allowed to drive the car into Singapore. Thank you! Best rgds.

Sinkies and PRs are no I understand so far. Just pay COE if you want to drive in Singapore.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sinkies and PRs are no I understand so far. Just pay COE if you want to drive in Singapore.

Besides Sinkies and PRs, if you are a work pass holder residing in SG, you CANNOT use (i.e. drive lah) or keep a foreign registered car in SG. However if you as a work pass holder lives in MY and commute to SG for work, you can use the foreign registered car in SG subject to the conditions you shared from LTA earlier. This explains why so many Johoreans can commute daily to SG using their MY registered bikes/cars cos they live in JB.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Besides Sinkies and PRs, if you are a work pass holder residing in SG, you CANNOT use (i.e. drive lah) or keep a foreign registered car in SG. However if you as a work pass holder lives in MY and commute to SG for work, you can use the foreign registered car in SG subject to the conditions you shared from LTA earlier. This explains why so many Johoreans can commute daily to SG using their MY registered bikes/cars cos they live in JB.

Hi fellas, the key question nusaduta is asking is whether a malaysian who is not working or residing in Singapore can drive in a Malaysian car that is registered to a Singaporean. :smile: A bit tricky question, that.

Last edited:

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
WHO IS ALLOWED TO USE AND KEEP A FOREIGN-REGISTERED VEHICLE?
You are not allowed to use or keep any foreign-registered vehicles in Singapore if you are a:

Singapore Citizen
Singapore Permanent Resident (PR)
Resident of Singapore
Long Term Visit Pass Holder or Dependant Pass Holder
Work Pass Holder who is also a resident of Singapore
Student Pass Holder
Training Employment Pass or Work Holiday Pass
However, any work pass holder, who is not a resident of Singapore, may drive a foreign-registered vehicle in Singapore only if ALL these conditions are met:

He is the registered owner of the vehicle.
He resides outside Singapore.
He has a valid insurance certificate and road tax to use the vehicle on Singapore roads.
The vehicle is kept or used outside Singapore for a total period of 6 hours or more every day.
The vehicle has an Autopass Card to validate its entry/ exit at Woodlands and Tuas Checkpoints and to pay for VEP/ toll charges.

Is there a limit to the no. of days in a year he can drive in the car?

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gents, the replies all read that we are NOT allowed to drive a foreign registered car into SG but what if I own the car but I am not the driver of the car to come in to Singapore? Is that disallowed as well?

I called LTA regarding this before and the person I spoke to says if the driver is malaysian, we are allowed to drive into Singapore with a malaysian car. Just pay the VEP which is about $20 a day and all the ERP charges by installing a IU unit.

I also am in the process of buying a unit in Austin Height and thought of buying a MAlaysian car and hiring a Malaysian driver to drive the kids to school and me to work while we stay in Malaysia. Got hold of a driver who says he can accept a pay of RM2000/mth but he has to stay with us. With all the charges added up, the monthly maintainance costs probably the same as owing a Singapore car I think. The jams are the main problem but still considering this option.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I called LTA regarding this before and the person I spoke to says if the driver is malaysian, we are allowed to drive into Singapore with a malaysian car. Just pay the VEP which is about $20 a day and all the ERP charges by installing a IU unit.

I also am in the process of buying a unit in Austin Height and thought of buying a MAlaysian car and hiring a Malaysian driver to drive the kids to school and me to work while we stay in Malaysia. Got hold of a driver who says he can accept a pay of RM2000/mth but he has to stay with us. With all the charges added up, the monthly maintainance costs probably the same as owing a Singapore car I think. The jams are the main problem but still considering this option.
huh? 2k / pm and the driver gets to stay with you in your new house? wow. btw, care to share how much you paid for your AH? i assume it's cluster or semidee, resale. wonder when AH2 is being launched??

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
i was told AH2 (i.e. Kiara) phase 2 will launched this year. could be soon....

btw, on the 34 units, 3-4 floors shoplots beside the water themepark, 16 were opened and soldout by ballot.

huh? 2k / pm and the driver gets to stay with you in your new house? wow. btw, care to share how much you paid for your AH? i assume it's cluster or semidee, resale. wonder when AH2 is being launched??

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
I intend to buy a Malaysian car and get a driver to send the kids to Singapore for school daily. If the car is registered in my (Singaporean) name, will it be ok for the car to enter Singapore even though the driver is non SPR or non Singaporean?

I think the main answer to your question would be to find out the process for MY cars to gain entry into SG. It needs an Autopass and insurance details...so the question is is it a requirement for the owner of the vehicle to be present to obtain the Autopass and whether the driver (non-owner) can gain entry and get the Autopass. Once this is resolved this means your driver can get into Msia and the Autopass is tied to your vehicle and can be used for many more future visits.

Unfortunately I dont own a Malaysian car so I cant advise on the Autopass process.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
i was told AH2 (i.e. Kiara) phase 2 will launched this year. could be soon....

btw, on the 34 units, 3-4 floors shoplots beside the water themepark, 16 were opened and soldout by ballot.

i know AH2 confirmed queue overnight. I had the fortune to speak to steven chong previously, he was adamant that there would be no balloting nor pre-pre special customer booking for anyone.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the main answer to your question would be to find out the process for MY cars to gain entry into SG. It needs an Autopass and insurance details...so the question is is it a requirement for the owner of the vehicle to be present to obtain the Autopass and whether the driver (non-owner) can gain entry and get the Autopass. Once this is resolved this means your driver can get into Msia and the Autopass is tied to your vehicle and can be used for many more future visits.

Unfortunately I dont own a Malaysian car so I cant advise on the Autopass process.

they just checked my m'sia driving license, msia IC, and my insurance note, before issue the autopass.

Now I'm not sure what is the process. this was in 2004. at that time, i was already an SPR but I didn't know the ruling, neither did ICA stop me coming in and out a few times. Finally i was caught and fined at Tuas! It was an expensive lesson for me.

Last edited:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal

Freedom, do be careful, letting a stranger into ones' home, especially one that specifys precondition to his employment is something that needs to be considered with care!!!! ( pardon my concern, as there are children involved.....)

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal

I own a Malaysian car and once when my brother-in-law came over, I lend him the car to drive into Singapore and use there for a few days.

No problem with him getting the autopass as he is an Australian citizen and using the car in Singapore.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
cluster, indicative verbal ballpark figure 900k RM+.

Looks decent for a cluster near Zone A. Not surprised if final pricing is just above $1mil RM if e launch is end of this year. Zone B clusters r about $1.1mil RM cheapest now.(cheapest subsales r around $900k RM).

Status
Not open for further replies.