• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Legoland to house world's biggest iconic Star Wars super weapon

Fans of the sci-fi movie series Star Wars will be in for a treat with the world's biggest Death Star model to be displayed at Legoland Malaysia. Bentivoglio (far right) with model builders Mohd Khuzaimi Idris and Umi Nahdatul Idzwa Ahmad (far left) assembling a component on one of the hemispheres for the Lego Star Wars Miniland Death Star model. -- PHOTO: THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK

NUSAJAYA (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - Fans of the sci-fi movie series Star Wars will be in for a treat with the world's biggest Death Star model to be displayed at Legoland Malaysia.
Made from 723,150 pieces of Lego bricks, the 6m tall model will be installed by the end of next month at the theme park in the bustling Medini region of Iskandar Malaysia, in Johor.
The model was designed to resemble the iconic moon-sized space station and super weapon that was first introduced in George Lucas' Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.
The theme park's model shop manager Stefan Bentivoglio, who headed a team of eight model builders for the project, said the Lego Miniland Death Star took 200 hours to design it and will take another 1,800 hours to build and assemble it.
"It was designed by our Legoland California counterparts while the building and the assembling of the sphere is done entirely in Malaysia," he told The Star newspaper during an exclusive behind-the-scenes preview of the project here on Sunday.
He added that the sphere weighed about a tonne when completed with the installation of 135kg of stainless steel frames.
"The model will even shoot laser beams accompanied with sound effects to make the Death Star come to life from the silver screen," Mr Bentivoglio said.
"Hopefully, the models will be able to convert those who do not know much about Star Wars to become fans," Mr Bentivoglio added.
He said that the 90 per cent-completed model which is shaped like a sphere is about 2.3m in diametre and would light up at night with the help of about 10,000 glow-in-the dark Lego tiles to stay as true as possible to the one in the movie series.
Four different colours of Lego bricks - white, dark grey, light grey and luminous tiles were used to build the Death Star model and would be completed and displayed to visitors by July 26 for a limited period at the Nusajaya theme park.
After that, it would be dissembled and displayed at other Legoland theme parks in Denmark, Germany, Britain, California and Florida.
"The model will be placed at a dedicated area of the theme park's mini land and there will also be interactive display as well as smaller replicas of popular characters from the movie franchise," Mr Bentivoglio said.
Other models and displays include Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Vader having a lightsabre duel, an X-wing fighter, the Emperor's throne room, Garbage Masher and Trench Run - all made from Lego.

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Legoland to house world's biggest iconic Star Wars super weapon

so the road blocks its becoz of her ....
terrioist.jpg

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Back, looks like some anti-speculative policies may be implemented shortly.
Some well connected agents and developers already heard of what is incoming.

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh my goodness, my loan is not settled yet, thanks for the info, I better ask my banker to hurry

Back, looks like some anti-speculative policies may be implemented shortly.
Some well connected agents and developers already heard of what is incoming.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was worried yes, then not so much given that likely 1 of the measures will be implemented.

I hope whatever extra cash they collect from us is used to improve public service not into someone's pocket.

A 99LH condo land far from MRT in Faber Walk is being sold at nearly S$700 psf. Breakeven cost is abt S$1200 psf, n selling price likely ard S$1600 psf. Most of e younger generation in SG will have to come to JB for condos n landed. Overall I'm not too worried.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bought at 700psf, break even 1000psf. Can sell at 1100psf OK... At 1600psf, better ran to Palau hantu and live with the ghost

I hope whatever extra cash they collect from us is used to improve public service not into someone's pocket.

A 99LH condo land far from MRT in Faber Walk is being sold at nearly S$700 psf. Breakeven cost is abt S$1200 psf, n selling price likely ard S$1600 psf. Most of e younger generation in SG will have to come to JB for condos n landed. Overall I'm not too worried.

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is there a body in JB like the NEA to measure the air quality? Sg is 290 on psi, just wondering what's it in JB as it was very hazy this pm in bukit indah

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will be about the same and take a freight away is the smart guy move. What type of long term sickness may cause by haze at 300psi?? Prevention is better than cure!:*:

The website is www.doe.gov.my/apims/.
However readings are not as frequent as NEA http://www.nea.gov.sg/psi/

Prolong exposure at 300 psi..... Lots of coughing, possibly very painful death...... A Google search would give a more 'scientific explanation' about the effects of long term exposure but I think as 'layman' it simply means a horrible and painful end!!!

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
The NEA Regional Haze Map shows that those out us living in the Gelang Patah / TUAS link side of Johor are the most badly affected. 'We' are right in the ' Dense Haze' zone and Definetly in the HAZARDOUS zone.
Try the local pharmacy at Bukit Indah to see if you can get the "Mask".

Status
Not open for further replies.