• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore has embarked on the road to chase after the world's richest and most talented. The adverse impacts on the man in the street is getting worse and it is difficult for Singapore to go back to the days of looking after its citizens well. The cracks of the society in Singapore are getting more apparent:

http://forum.channelnewsasia.com/sh...-TTSH-for-negligence.-Are-they-right-to-do-so
http://forum.channelnewsasia.com/showthread.php?781048-Death-of-9year-old-child-more-details-surface....

I'm banking on (1) more emigration of the aged to JB for a better quality of life, (2) FH G&G landed in a vibrant town center that is an almost impossible dream in Singapore, and (3) emergence of rich Johoreans with influx of investments and spendings who can easily afford a $1 mil landed.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the young and brave, go the Nusajaya way, for those looking for an affordable retirement home look for better bargains elsewhere.

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: New Tax Rates For Foreigners Owning Properties In Johor

As I say early that once Dx X's shadow back, Sg need to be home sweet home. I still want to beg on but need Wugi's solution to make us alive.

As for you, already told you earlier, home sweet home for you the best! Many of us don't undestand what you say lah. Can you pls read it yourself whether it made any English sense to you? I need a decoder, man. I take it that, sometimes better don't understand than understand, right?

Geminipegasus

Alfrescian
Loyal

If Sg not welcome here w high tax, will y home sweet home. Lets bet for the best but not same as we face in Sg. We all look f gain but not being burn, simple is that.
Haha, f gain= f loss, x gain = x loss, its a zero sum game. You gain and somebody lose, Malaysian govt tax you they gain you lose. You look for gain, jb MB also look for gain, he has control as he makes the rules, you can gain too if you can make the rules.

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal

The profit gain tax impose not even a yr n now more to come. Hving a M'sia wife or mistress might be a choice to avoid tax n enjoy life. Just a suggestion for those single not marry man.:biggrin:

RPGT is applicable to locals too

dare2

Alfrescian
Loyal

Haha, f gain= f loss, x gain = x loss, its a zero sum game. You gain and somebody lose, Malaysian govt tax you they gain you lose. You look for gain, jb MB also look for gain, he has control as he makes the rules, you can gain too if you can make the rules.
...they still have lots of land to sell....they are not going to be that stupid to go for short term gain by taxing too heavily and lose their goose that lay golden egg....

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am rather surprise that they have not revised property tax structure for more than 30 years. The exercise will be likely to be implemented in the other hot states.

Johor to raise tax rates for foreign property owners

JOHOR BARU — The Johor state government will impose higher tax rates for foreigners who own properties
in the state, The Star Online reported yesterday.

Mentri Besar Mohamed Khaled Nordin was quoted as saying that the rates were still under discussion
but that they would be imposed by the end of this year. He added that the decision had been made so as to boost the state’s coffers. The online portal reported that about 130,000 foreigners own properties in the state.Mr Mohamed Khaled also said that a re-evaluation exercise would be carried out throughout the state, as the last formal evaluation was done about 30 years ago.
He said the intention was forproperty taxes to be retained for lower priced properties, while million- ringgit properties would likelyli be subject to higher taxes.

It might add on more on foreigner's gain n property tax annally. Will the 100k tax back again? It seem to discourage foreigners own more than one property. This issue being bought up before election.

house

Alfrescian
Loyal

thanks to BN...
we will be welcome with more gifts
next should be the EDL toll start charging at woodland checkpoint... and 2nd link will have more traffics...
Good luck to us who travel in and out....

house

Alfrescian
Loyal

...they still have lots of land to sell....they are not going to be that stupid to go for short term gain by taxing too heavily and lose their goose that lay golden egg....

dont underestimate those politicians.....
:biggrin:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Singapore also got property tax. Why worry about Johor's tax.

Anyway the politicians may use it to get pocket money from developers. If the developers give Ang Pow; this Tax may not materialized at all.

Ahhh.... finally June 2013 is here. And the Tax news came in on 1 June 2013.
That is a fantastic trend reading by my old computer.

This new stage of bull run will begin 28 days later.

Q3 2013 - Q4 2013.
Zone A condos above RM1000 psf (FH) [may see new level as high as RM1800 psf]
Zone B condos above RM1000 psf (FH) [ may see level as high as RM1600 psf]

I am rather surprise that they have not revised property tax structure for more than 30 years. The exercise will be likely to be implemented in the other hot states.

Johor to raise tax rates for foreign property owners

JOHOR BARU — The Johor state government will impose higher tax rates for foreigners who own properties
in the state, The Star Online reported yesterday.

Mentri Besar Mohamed Khaled Nordin was quoted as saying that the rates were still under discussion
but that they would be imposed by the end of this year. He added that the decision had been made so as to boost the state’s coffers. The online portal reported that about 130,000 foreigners own properties in the state.Mr Mohamed Khaled also said that a re-evaluation exercise would be carried out throughout the state, as the last formal evaluation was done about 30 years ago.
He said the intention was forproperty taxes to be retained for lower priced properties, while million- ringgit properties would likelyli be subject to higher taxes.

Last edited:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Chingay 2012 Johor Baru.

[video=youtube;QTvY4uBI_qY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTvY4uBI_qY[/video]

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Anyway the politicians may use it to get pocket money from developers. If the developers give Ang Pow; this Tax may not materialized at all.

Q3 2013 - Q4 2013.

Unless the tax is going to be extremely high, otherwise i am not too concerned given that it is a yearly thing. Someone just bought 8 units in a place i will refer to as CG yesterday and though we not involved with their project, my guys patiently waited for them until the staff finally finished the sales forms, etc as they basically messed up the process, got names wrong, etc.

One tactic by the agents i must highlight here, they brought China buyers to Masai/Plentong and ulu places including a place called "mattress in rural area", then they told the buyers that they have seen all of Johore and then they bring them to CG.

Some of the sales staff were also a bit uppity and proudly said to those who went in, you are all here to buy property, otherwise why are you here, so hurry up and buy. There are no better properties in all of Johore! When my team shared this with me, i just smiled.

I probably need to build a dedicated team to be stationed at the developers but main problem i can't pull myself out from work.

Upcoming projects:Shoplots in Zone A
Shoplots and landed in Zone B
Condos in Zone A, B and another zone not at liberty to share for now
Landed in Zone B
Other types of property

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Johor Baru old temple.

[video=youtube;M_1oUpG_mIw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_1oUpG_mIw[/video]

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That is why I say there are bad agents out there to con new buyers.

Wuqi; you have to rise up and set up a company.

Win Win situation.

Unless the tax is going to be extremely high, otherwise i am not too concerned given that it is a yearly thing. Someone just bought 8 units in a place i will refer to as CG yesterday and though we not involved with their project, my guys patiently waited for them until the staff finally finished the sales forms, etc as they basically messed up the process, got names wrong, etc.

One tactic by the agents i must highlight here, they brought China buyers to Masai/Plentong and ulu places including a place called "mattress in rural area", then they told the buyers that they have seen all of Johore and then they bring them to CG.

Some of the sales staff were also a bit uppity and proudly said to those who went in, you are all here to buy property, otherwise why are you here, so hurry up and buy. There are no better properties in all of Johore! When my team shared this with me, i just smiled.

I probably need to build a dedicated team to be stationed at the developers but main problem i can't pull myself out from work.

Upcoming projects:Shoplots in Zone A
Shoplots and landed in Zone B
Condos in Zone A, B and another zone not at liberty to share for now
Landed in Zone B
Other types of property

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal

Q3 2013 - Q4 2013.

Emmm, biased view.....

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Emmm, biased view.....
This talk on Zone A and B are only on Condos. Not Landed.
I am personally looking for landed in Zone B too.

When I study both Nusajaya and JBCC I did not own a condo yet. The bias view is after all my study.

Like I say; I may be wrong, I am bias.

You may be right too. Just because of a naysayer will not cause your Nusajaya to fail. I never believe anyone can talk down an area.
My bias view is for new comers of Iskandar. I never dare to teach old dog new tricks. I am a old dog too.... cannot learn new trick

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

U've repeated "This talk on Zone A and B are only on Condos. Not Landed." a few times liao.... titter.gif

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I can project an over supply of condos 2020 onward.

Just count the number of condos launch already. Dont get caught because all this are hard earn money. My mentor in Hong Kong keep launging at people buying into endless launches and endless supply of borderless land.

I love Nusajaya concept; hence I am looking for a landed there. But the condos are too scary.

I lost count after 4000 units.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.