• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Crazy investors have an edge. We dare to do thing while other dare not step forward.

We may be the first to die; but sitting and not investing will only make one live a longer but poorer life.

Something in my mind to share with you, hope it is not too confusing.
Buying a bungalow at RM3.9m-RM4.8m in EL and HH will cause one to over leverage.
I bet 2 Astaka Condos can outperformed 1 EL and HH Bungalow in the next five year.

Your bungalow at RM2.6m is same price as 1 Astaka condo unit. It will be a close fight in term of capital gain.
Hope you get what I meant.

Over a very long term >20 years, landed will win condo many times over if they are similarly priced now.

dare2

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is a free world to own multiple property any where n is up to us to decide where to stay. If Wugi can hv the solution to ease the jam during peak n improve the crimes issue, I might consider to stay in Johor. I doubt both govt can anything further.:cool:

Isn't the more-or-less confirmed MRT and the talked-about 3rd link in the East plus the HSR being mooted to link up to Changi possibilities?...anyway you buy or not make no difference....not like you are a bulk purchaser....just stick to your HDB you are safe from both capital risk and crime.....

Last edited:

mika14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi

does anyone know if JB have any huge art supplies store?
something equivalent to SG's Art Friend in Bras Basah.
Want to buy some white spirit.

Thanks!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Y are right but it will just over less than 5 yrs as 20yrs is too long for me.:wink:

I think most new investors can't differentiate landed and condo in JB. The condo style of living has always been catchy in Singapore as most are stayers, pay maintenance on time and have a say over the management. The condo marketing are also a lot more aggressive than landed. It will become apparent to them in a few years time in JB, esp when tenants are harder to find but maintenance still have to be paid.

dare2

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is hard for a car owner to in/out M'sian by other transport. If the present 2 links cannot open all boths during peck hr for whatever reasons (save cost, take cover, meal time or instruction fr both authority), what are y talking about 3rd, 4th or even 5th link. Those who drive in/out M'sia will always drive in/out. It will be fr worst to dead in next 1to 2 yrs. If y can make both link open all boths during peck hr n I will sulate to you. Pls treat me as a small fly as a 82 yrs d Sg being missing w Sg car in Johor for a mth n not found after travel daily in/out JB for 20+ yrs. I pray it will happen to y too.:biggrin:

....by your lingo you are probably a young fella on your mobile pretending to be an old timer....but all your rambling i cannot make head or tail one....

Last edited:

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Crazy investors have an edge. We dare to do thing while other dare not step forward.

We may be the first to die; but sitting and not investing will only make one live a longer but poorer life.

Something in my mind to share with you, hope it is not too confusing.
Buying a bungalow at RM3.9m-RM4.8m in EL and HH will cause one to over leverage.
I bet 2 Astaka Condos can outperformed 1 EL and HH Bungalow in the next five year.

Your bungalow at RM2.6m is same price as 1 Astaka condo unit. It will be a close fight in term of capital gain.
Hope you get what I meant.

Yes, absolutely. We are taking the plunge purely for the space and sanity. Hopefully my rental in Singapore can allow me to retire gracefully.

How do you see the rental market in Singapore?

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I sold all my condos in Singapore in 2012; including The Sail @ Marina Bay units I bought during the launch. I do not believe in rental story as condos can stay vacant for months; just pure capital gain play is the best.

Rental will be stagnant in Singapore. Selling price for secondary market will decrease slowly. Developers new launch will be slightly higher but with low transactions.

Now smart money is in retail units of Singapore. Yup.... and also Iskandar. (thanks to our stupid govt for not letting free market play out by itself)

The curb boost the sales of Iskandar Condos. If a project in Singapore with 600 units can be sold out in 1 days in 2008/9; imagine you convert those money to Malaysia ringgit and you have 5-7 times purchasing power. (JB Condo cheaper by 2-3 times X Singapore dollar 2.5 times Ringgit)

I bet all condos and landed will have some form of capital gain if bought prior to June 2013. But the gain will not be the same with some area already booming while others area slowly die off.
Tip: Avoid places where most of the owners are Singaporeans; you may end up with a ghost block if no one rent those units

Also right now no one in Johor can point to a spot and tell me this is similar to Singapore Orchard Road or Meyer Road or Sentosa.
Hence all Singapore investors is playing 36 number roulette with 0 and 00 to clean you up in Iskandar.

I do not like the odd of 36-1. Hence I am playing the red and black now by betting on both.

Yes, absolutely. We are taking the plunge purely for the space and sanity. Hopefully my rental in Singapore can allow me to retire gracefully.

How do you see the rental market in Singapore?

Last edited:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You must try to succeed in the shortest possible time. Rule of thumb is 3-5 years. If your investment do not show positive result in 3-5 years; you should get out totally.

Do not believe in the "buy and hold" strategy. That work for Warren Buffett; but there is only 1 Buffett out of 7 billion chaps. Your chance of becoming Warren Buffett is worst than striking TOTO twice in a row.

There are endless money to be make; what we all lack is TIME.

Over a very long term >20 years, landed will win condo many times over if they are similarly priced now.

Last edited:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yr are absolutely right as a long time investor. For me 1-3 yrs. But both condo n landed will up in Iskanda on different scale on location, location, location. No research on Sunway so for? Pls share yr expertise. .:p

So many place to buy; why bother with Sunway which is still yet to launch.

They can tell you RM700 avg now; and they can launch at RM1100 avg. How to study with a variable factor. I call this a moving target; I rather hit sitting ducks now.

Like I mention before.....

At RM700 psf; it is a great buy.

At RM1000 psf; your option start to open up. You may even buy in Gurney Drive in Penang.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
You must try to succeed in the shortest possible time. Rule of thumb is 3-5 years. If your investment do not show positive result in 3-5 years; you should get out totally.

Do not believe in the "buy and hold" strategy. That work for Warren Buffett; but there is only 1 Buffett out of 7 billion chaps. Your chance of becoming Warren Buffett is worst than striking TOTO twice in a row.

There are endless money to be make; what we all lack is TIME.

Landed usually has a time lag at the start compare to condo, before powering forward. I believe landed and condo should perform equally well in 2013 and 2014 in JB. Beyond that, landed will lead.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We are in a very deflation period in the 21st century. Just look at Brent Crude price. US dollar index at close to 84 is a sign of a very deflationary period.

Must buy some real assets to protect the "purchasing power" of your current "saving".

Buying in JB is really a good bet as the price did not move a lot in the past 20 years. But since 2012 the price is catching up very quickly. And it start to look less attractive now as compare to 2009-2011.

Do not get entangle in this game of the herd rushing into Iskandar. Seriously; I will not buy anything .... anymore in JB. At the new price range; I am now looking at Perth, Singapore Retails unit(a curb in retail properties will sure come soon) and Villa in Bangkok.

Landed usually has a time lag at the start compare to condo, before powering forward. I believe landed and condo should perform equally well in 2013 and 2014 in JB. Beyond that, landed will lead.

juanra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Naturebest, you are completely right... The jam can only get worse in the coming years.

But the real catalyst in Nusajaya will be the High speed Rail station from the Singapore - KL link.

It has already been disclosed that this line will have a station in Nusajaya (my speculation is in Gerbang nusajaya ).

Imagine the following: you live in your lovely landed house in Horizon Hills, east ledang, leiure farm or on your beautiful condo in Puteri harbour &Medini.

You take your malaysian car (several times cheaper than your a similar car in singapore ) and you drive to the HSR station (5-10 min bases on your location in Nusajaya)

You now park in the HSR station and take a wait for your train to singapore marina bay (10 min)

You are now in the train for 10 minutes.. Yes.. You have your own seat and you can play your computer/ipad or read the newspaper during your short journey to singapore CBD.

You are now in marina bay station... Allocate 5-10 minutes for your final destination.

Shortest time: 5 +10+10+5= 30 minutes!

Average time for nusajayan: 10+10+10+10=40 minutes!

The above calculations are door to door i.e. you leave your nusajaya home at 8:30 and by 9:00 you reach your office desk(shortest route.)

All this by 2020... The above times can match travelling distances from central singapore to singapore CBD and are much faster than suburban singapore to CBD.

So, the bottom line is... If HSR is built, it's a non Brainer moving to nusajaya.

As for the discussion of Nusajaya vs JB city.. My opinion is clear : nusajaya .

I am ang moh myself, and believe me, there is no way I am going to make a single step in JB city...my malaysia experience will be limited to: Horizon hills, Ledang, Leisure Farm, Puteri Harbour, Medini, Gerbang nusjaya and Sunway Iskandar and the Internstinal Destination resort.

It is a free world to own multiple property any where n is up to us to decide where to stay. If Wugi can hv the solution to ease the jam during peak n improve the crimes issue, I might consider to stay in Johor. I doubt both govt can anything further.:cool:

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are in a very deflation period in the 21st century. Just look at Brent Crude price. US dollar index at close to 84 is a sign of a very deflationary period.

Must buy some real assets to protect the "purchasing power" of your current "saving".

Buying in JB is really a good bet as the price did not move a lot in the past 20 years. But since 2012 the price is catching up very quickly. And it start to look less attractive now as compare to 2009-2011.

Do not get entangle in this game of the herd rushing into Iskandar. Seriously; I will not buy anything .... anymore in JB. At the new price range; I am now looking at Perth, Singapore Retails unit(a curb in retail properties will sure come soon) and Villa in Bangkok.

Landed in JB is okay. Sufficient momentum and future demand for next 5 years at least. Mickey mouse apartments in SG near MRT stations are also okay. I have never studied retail so no comments. Other countries are beyond my comfort zone.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Naturebest, you are completely right... The jam can only get worse in the coming years.

But the real catalyst in Nusajaya will be the High speed Rail station from the Singapore - KL link.

It has already been disclosed that this line will have a station in Nusajaya (my speculation is in Gerbang nusajaya ).

Imagine the following: you live in your lovely landed house in Horizon Hills, east ledang, leiure farm or on your beautiful condo in Puteri harbour &Medini.

You take your malaysian car (several times cheaper than your a similar car in singapore ) and you drive to the HSR station (5-10 min bases on your location in Nusajaya)

You now park in the HSR station and take a wait for your train to singapore marina bay (10 min)

You are now in the train for 10 minutes.. Yes.. You have your own seat and you can play your computer/ipad or read the newspaper during your short journey to singapore CBD.

You are now in marina bay station... Allocate 5-10 minutes for your final destination.

The above calculations are door to door i.e. you leave your nusajaya home at 8:30 and by 9:00 you reach your office desk(shortest route.)

All this by 2020... The above times can match travelling distances from central singapore to singapore CBD and are much faster than suburban singapore to CBD.

So, the bottom line is... If HSR is built, it's a non Brainer moving to nusajaya.

I am ang moh myself, and believe me, there is no way I am going to make a single step in JB city...my malaysia experience will be limited to: Horizon hills, Ledang, Leisure Farm, Puteri Harbour, Medini, Gerbang nusjaya and Sunway Iskandar and the Internstinal Destination resort.

HSR ticket prices are not the normal MRT prices for daily travel. The feasibility studies are already in millions, and the cost of acquiring land (forcibly?), construction and maintenance will be super expensive.

Our own MRT and buses are losing so much money (forget about the "profits" and "dividends" that are dished out to senior management and share investors) that the government has to step in to pay for new buses, new tracks, land for bus terminals/bus-stops, put in labour laws to prevent strikes by bus drivers over pay etc. I think SMRT has been doing a con-job all these years. There is no reason to believe HSR is your daily MRT rides.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It may be 2023-2025 if High speed rail really reach other part of Nusajaya.

10 years is too long for me. Even the RTS in JB may not even complete by 2020. (never trust their 2018 forecast)

HSR ticket prices are not the normal MRT prices for daily travel. The feasibility studies are already in millions, and the cost of acquiring land (forcibly?), construction and maintenance will be super expensive.

Our own MRT and buses are losing so much money (forget about the "profits" and "dividends" that are dished out to senior management and share investors) that the government has to step in to pay for new buses, new tracks, land for bus terminals/bus-stops, put in labour laws to prevent strikes by bus drivers over pay etc. I think SMRT has been doing a con-job all these years. There is no reason to believe HSR is your daily MRT rides.

Last edited:

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about Nusa Sentral, Nusa Idaman?

juanra

Alfrescian
Loyal
FHBH12,thank for your comments.

I am a very factual guy.. So I would not dare to make such a statement without hundreds of hours of previous research on other high speed rail systems.

What the malaysian authorities have been doing is to study high sped Rail systems under operation (taiwan, South Korea, china, Japan, France, spain) and look into it's strengths and weaknesses.

The taiwan HSR, which is currently making profits (after being bail out) a ticket for a similar distance NUsajaya -singapore (linear distance 30 km) cost 6.5 SGD per journey (taipei-taoyuan).

The Segovia - Madrid (linear distance 70 km) high speed rail ticket costs 9 SGD (thus, for 30 km could cost a mere. 4.5 SGD). This line is currently at break even.

Now, 4.5 -6.5 sgd more expensive than a mrt ticket? Certainly yes....

But the savings on nusajaya on outweigh this additional costs...

And ERP trip to singapore CBD costs me 7 sgd in the morning

Daily parking rates in singapore CBD are 20 sgd per day..

To buy a decent family car I need to fork out 150 sgd( and every 10 years!!)

To cross Tuas ceckpoint cost 6.40 SGD.

And a malaysian can cost you up to 3-4 times cheaper than singapore (and yes, you can keep it for as long a you want ) ... And then it comes the oil price...

So, again, the bottom line is whether you think the HSR will be build. Once built, there is no way back for nusajaya.

A fact little known is that the juniors of both PM agreed on a press release draft for the HSR announcement in singapore in feb 2013, but after the two PM read the press release, instructed their juniors to make a more daring and stronger press release towards the HSR. That's how commitment are the bosses...

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
All JB properties I bought I presume have no rental return. (hard to project rental as too many condos around each other)

I am playing purely on capital gain. (will sell when TOP.)

My play is to sell all except one I like and use it as my holiday home. Right now it is either Astaka or Sky 88.

You have purchased Astaka?

Status
Not open for further replies.