• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow.. you have a rare case.. worry later when 2016 is near. Ubah in curry lah then..

Ha ha! Indeed mine's a very rare case but maybe will be rather common in few years' time when more Singaporeans are being squeezed out. Maybe that's what those miws intend to do- replacing local voters with new ones. Anyway my scenario is just a thought but die die must still have Sg address to vote. Ubah ubah!

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, just wondering if I does not have any address in Sg but in Johor, will I be able to vote in GE16 and if yes, in which consistency? And what about the address in my i/c? Anyone knows?

May be it is feasible to offer services of providing Singaporean residential and mailing address for such cases of Singaporeans uprooting to JB? Not sure this is legal though.

Also, I think SingPost offers mail redirecting service. I have seen it before on their web. Can explore using this service.

http://www.singpost.com/receive-org...ail/45-personal/receiveorganise-mail/461.html

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
May be it is feasible to offer services of providing Singaporean residential and mailing address for such cases of Singaporeans uprooting to JB? Not sure this is legal though.

Also, I think SingPost offers mail redirecting service. I have seen it before on their web. Can explore using this service.

http://www.singpost.com/receive-org...ail/45-personal/receiveorganise-mail/461.html

I am already providing that to my friends from US in SG as I am their main contact point for MOM, here main post box for company, personal and other mail. A little mail exchange centre.

Last edited:

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ok for just receiving mail from singpost. But for voting, wonder which constituency will I be in?

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am already providing that to my friends from US in SG as I am their main contact point for MOM, here main post box for company, personal and other mail. A little mail exchange centre.

Any chance you open this service to all with a fee of course. Would that attract queries from authority if too many seem to have same residential address as yours?

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok for just receiving mail from singpost. But for voting, wonder which constituency will I be in?

If you keep your current residential address or change it to your parents'( I am not sure here), anyone who could help here?

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Singapore I am put off to consider anything from Far East.. Some of their freehold properties they sell at leased hold (Rose Garden etc) and every project they try to sell above market and they are able to keep unsold units for decades..

I like to have Far east as my neighbour, they are a good price leader to bring up the price for the whole area...

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
If you keep your current residential address or change it to your parents'( I am not sure here), anyone who could help here?

FYI, this would be helpful to shed light on the matter:

http://www.eld.gov.sg/voters_registerlca.html

HOW TO REGISTER A LOCAL CONTACT ADDRESS
(for overseas Singaporeans)

Print
A local contact address is a residential address in Singapore that overseas Singaporeans register with the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) for voting purpose.

As elections in Singapore are conducted on constituency basis, having a Singapore address registered with ICA is a prerequisite for any overseas Singaporean who wishes to vote in an election, if he/she satisfies the other qualifying criteria to be an overseas elector. Without a Singapore address, the Elections Department would not be able to allot him/her to any constituency when preparing or revising the registers of electors.

Recognising that many overseas Singaporeans might have changed their Singapore address registered with ICA (i.e., the NRIC address) to an overseas address, the National Registration Act was amended in 2001 to allow these Singaporeans to register a "contact" address in Singapore (referred to as "local contact address") with ICA for voting purposes. To facilitate the registration of local contact address by overseas Singaporeans, ICA has made available an online registration facility via this website.

For more information on registration of local contact address, you may refer to:

http://www.eld.gov.sg/pdf/local contact address(2011).pdf#zoom=100

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Any chance you open this service to all with a fee of course. Would that attract queries from authority if too many seem to have same residential address as yours?

Already i am a post box as it is but my mailbox services are free, perpetually to my friends. I have posted some links, hope that it helps with your queries. :smile:

Source: http://www.eld.gov.sg/pdf/local contact address(2011).pdf#zoom=100

What is a local contact address?
A local contact address is a residential address in
Singapore that you register with the ICA for voting
purpose.
The local contact address must be either :
(a) the address of any residential property in Singapore
which you still own an estate or interest in; or
(b) the residential address in Singapore of:
• your spouse, grandparent, parent, sibling, child,
grandchild;
• any grandparent, parent or sibling of your spouse;
• any sibling of any of your parents or your spouse s
parents;
• any child of any of your siblings or your spouse s
siblings.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many bros here take me as alien due to my 'Kia Si' comment. Pls note I hv been being burn till "Chow Tar" as well many Sg 'Kan Na' during Dr M's term. I heard some commit sucide due to the huge debt. It time to get back my loss n I will proceed for another S & P today. :cool:

Care to share which development are you buying & at what price?

house

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good news. Najib will roll out a 100 days progrmme to reduce crime. Why not urge him fr his face book to make Iskanda as crimes free zone so we can put in 10 eggs + n all 'Huat! Huat! Huat'.....

talk is cheap. he always talk. saw any result? but thanks to him.. now really ONE MALAYSIA (against him)

house

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sg govt still prefer him as he hv solved our railway n 1st link bridge issue. Recall how Dr M treat Sg n we used to hv problem w custom when enter Johor.

haha... good luck....
he welcome everything that can put in $ into his pocket.
as usual, u help me, i help u, then ...... hahaha....

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tks bro. I reach M's Custom at 8.40pm n jam till 8.50pm and no jam in Sg custom. What are the place y hv seen more "Ang Mo" residents beside Lesure Farm? Is there any Sg Investors round table "mihun" or "makan" meeting so far?

10min is not really a jam. I seldom see Ang Mo but sometimes in Bukit Indah. But then again I only hang ard Bukit Indah. I don't like to see Ang Mo because where they appear it means prices r inflated there also. The only investors gathering point is this n a few other forums. In real world we r prob too busy working. Online is where we can snatch 5-10 min of break here n there to chit chat.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tks bro. I reach M's Custom at 8.40pm n jam till 8.50pm and no jam in Sg custom. What are the place y hv seen more "Ang Mo" residents beside Lesure Farm? Is there any Sg Investors round table "mihun" or "makan" meeting so far?

This seems to be my observation too at causeway. After 9.30 pm, the JB dinner and supper crowd start to line up to go back to Sg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.