• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, but certainly a good one that I should not have disposed. Value doubled if I sold today!

Thank goodness, I am here. :smile:

Understand how you feel. But who the hell knows for ordinary people like us that our govt open our doors so widely and so quickly for millions of FTs and billions of printed money which caught many of us esp older generation off guard.

TCL78

Hi bro, i have been following the forum since the first series. I'm really keen into moving into living in JB and my wife really support that. I'm still pondering because of the children education. My children are still in primary school and if my family were to shift to live there, any suggestion on that part about education? Thank you bro.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Understand how you feel. But who the hell knows for ordinary people like us that our govt open our doors so widely and so quickly for millions of FTs and billions of printed money which caught many of us esp older generation off guard.

With so much money printed and many more to come over the next few years, better to keep rather than sell properties to avoid seller's remorse. Even Singapore has been quietly printing money.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
With so much money printed and many more to come over the next few years, better to keep rather than sell properties to avoid seller's remorse. Even Singapore has been quietly printing money.

While I am worried about over leveraging, inflation seems to be here to stay in this region. Just look at Philippines and Indonesia, and you will see that the prices of properties there are sky rocketing too.

AhPek

Hello everyone

I'm new to this forum. I'm sorry someone must have asked this question and I regret to be double posting, I'm looking to buy a property in nusajaya area or somewhere that can access singapore fast and easy.

My wife prefers condo since it appears to be safer, with 3-4 tier security.

Checked medini, and other condos around all TOP 2015-2017. Hope there is one that i can move in soon.

Any bros here can help provide some suggestions?

Thank you heaps!!

CokeBear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

seeking for advise on parking :smile:

I commute from JB to SG daily, and parking near my office (very expensive), just wondering anyone able to share some parking or commute idea? am hoping to park near MRT after the causeway... thank you~

hippoheyhey

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are looking at condo which 1) can move in very soon 2) access to singapore fast and easy.

Sky executive suites in Bukit Indah cause 1) just top and owners just got keys in mar/apr 13, don't need to wait 2-3 years or risk developer abandoning project halfway

2) access to singapore fast and easy either using personal car or public transport CW bus via either woodlands ->coastal highway or second link about 1 hour conservative estimate to clear both customs

3) going to be mature town very soon, with major my banks, shopping (jusco,tesco, giant) all located very nearby, lots of eateries and close enough to nusa bestari and sutera area where there are more eateries and shopping, close to tun aminah where there is jb largest sat pasar malam

downside is owners are asking for a premium, easily >+100% over their initial buying price.
And not much in terms of building design, premium feel, and no sea view if you are into that kind of thing
And probably major jams in nusa bestari but I see it as a good thing which means the area is 'wang', just like sutera area is 'prosperous'. I would't like staying in a neighbourhood where not much people around, peaceful, quiet. But different people prefer different things.

And bukit indah going to have 4 more confirmed condo projects top in 2-4 years. sky loft/ tree/ breeze/ view. breeze and view almost fully sold on the day it launched in jan 13 with psf $500+, sky tree is estimated to launch with psf $700-$800+.

Hearsay there maybe more condo projects in bukit indah, so I doubt this township will fail. Besides it is close to medini, puteri harbour via coastal highway where all the action will be in 5-10 years time.

Hello everyone

I'm new to this forum. I'm sorry someone must have asked this question and I regret to be double posting, I'm looking to buy a property in nusajaya area or somewhere that can access singapore fast and easy.

My wife prefers condo since it appears to be safer, with 3-4 tier security.

Checked medini, and other condos around all TOP 2015-2017. Hope there is one that i can move in soon.

Any bros here can help provide some suggestions?

Thank you heaps!!

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

I commute from JB to SG daily, and parking near my office (very expensive), just wondering anyone able to share some parking or commute idea? am hoping to park near MRT after the causeway... thank you~

Depends on where's your workplace, I guess. Season parking is $250-300 for town area. Personally, I think the prices are ok. For minute parking, I find parking charges at HDB hub-Toa Payoh to be reasonable too.

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro, i have been following the forum since the first series. I'm really keen into moving into living in JB and my wife really support that. I'm still pondering because of the children education. My children are still in primary school and if my family were to shift to live there, any suggestion on that part about education? Thank you bro.

Hello! I am a mum to 3 school-going kids. One in P5, one in Sec 2 and one completing her diploma in a pte school. Our house in Setia Tropika is scheduled to TOP by December this year (although we suspect it will TOP a few months earlier judging by the progress of the project).

You have not much choice if your kids are still in primary school if they are Singaporean bec primary school education is mandatory so they have to complete their PSLE. My P5 kid will have to sit for her PSLE next year and we intend to transfer her to an international school within our Setia Tropika house for her secondary education. I checked with MOE and they have confirmed that secondary school education is not mandatory and I could pretty much choose whatever school in or outside of Singapore to enrol her in. My Sec 2 kid will continue with his O levels because he doesn't want to change to an international school so I'm leaving him to decide that. His secondary school is within Woodlands area so it's not a stretch for us to drop him off to school. My diploma-candidate kid will probably leave for Australia in two years' time so it will be commute for her, too. If she has classes that end late or early class, she's happy to sleep over at my mum's.

It will take some juggling and some getting used to but I believe it is do-able. I have some acquaintances who are so much happier living in JB that the commute becomes a small trade-off for their family. I'm hoping that's the same for my family, too. My husband and I have set the expectations to my kids and it seems they are much more patient when we're on the road. We drive into JB almost every weekend for makan and shopping and the traffic doesn't bother us too much now :smile:

AhPek

Thanks bro hippoheyhey for sharing. I will look into sky exe as suggested. Aside from that I am also eye-ing horizon residences which is in that area as well - heard it is going to TOP at the end of this year. Hope there are still units available from developer - if not resale price is going to sting..

It is good to hear from your point of view that bukit indah will boom. Medini are will be my next target and I am more assured after hearing you say that the action will be there in 5-10 years.

AhPek

(cont)
I work in the biopolis (b.vista).

Any experience to share on how long it takes to get into singapore via 2nd link? Plan to AYE all the way to work..

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello! I am a mum to 3 school-going kids...... ......
It will take some juggling and some getting used to but I believe it is do-able. ..... My husband and I have set the expectations to my kids and it seems they are much more patient when we're on the road. We drive into JB almost every weekend for makan and shopping and the traffic doesn't bother us too much now :smile:

Good going Mummymoo to u n family for such a positive outlook . Cheers n well wishes

TCL78

We drive into JB almost every weekend for makan and shopping and the traffic doesn't bother us too much now :smile:[/QUOTE]

Thank you for sharing those valuable experience. My wife and I like the simple life-style of JB as compared to Singapore where everyone are so stress out and working very hard just to meet the ever rising cost of living. I like to think that Singapore are suitable only for the rich and not conducive for normal people like me who find it very stressful.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

HDB parking with coupon only charges S$10 for 24 hours. Check the HDB website

Status
Not open for further replies.