• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wuqi,
Thank u for sharing your painful n hurtful past with all our cyber friends here. I m glad things are looking rosy now for u and lady Wuqi .I am sure the future will be even brighter than before for a warm shining gem as yourself.

Thank you MsTrii, i guess if i survived all these plus some of their attempts to break up our family, then we basically can survive anything.
Everyone has fears, i didn't tell my wife how fearful i was during the time my car lost control nor how fearful i was when the first time i went to the 2nd link to search for our dream home and ended up in Senai.

I didn't give up and resisted the STRONG urge to panic. I calmly told my wife, i took leave today and we still have 3 hours of daylight left, lets make the best of it. 30 minutes later, i was in the development we wanted to visit. I made more trips and visited over 20 plus potential sites before decided the first place we went to, was the best. Until today, it still is at least to me and my family.

One learned bro, also from SG even better, it was very bad jam and super heavy rain when he first went to view a property. When coming out, his car went over some wood with nails sticking out and slashed his tyres when he was looking at a property. He had to fix his tyres even though i rushed down to do an emergency fix but the fix didn't hold as there were just too many holes in the tyres. It would have been construed as a bad omen to many and i am sure most would have given up. No sir, not him, he steadfastly held on and bought his property.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro Wuqi, hmm, seem that our childhood quite similar, my dad is the eldest son, my second uncle is senile, I got 7 aunty. All bullied my mother when my mum is the so called eldest daughter in law.
Then they still can ask me, next year if I come again, will u give us angbao. Omg. I almost fainted.
But the little action of mine really make my dad proud.

Gosh, i am so sorry Mspimples, it was almost too much for me to bear at times and i have the advantage of being a guy. You really did good there and yes what so great about being a GM or VP, your gravestone marker will just say beloved husband/wife or father/mother, never your position, title and certainly not your MBA/PHD.

Really respect you for your deed as well, your dad must be very proud of you and they really should express some respect if not gratitude towards him. People are quick to forget favours but never grievances unfortunately.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
In my heart i always felt, if you must really compare, please compete with the following on how someone treat his parents and in laws.

Take them to personally to holidays around the world, buy things for them so dear that you don't even bear to wear it yourself, buy cars, houses and add in your parents name so that they have a place to stay in their old age or in case you pass on early, buy furniture and appliances for them before you change your own.

Do everything you can to make them feel happy and comfortable. Take them to see the doctor whenever they are sick, take them to spa and massage. Remember just giving money is not good enough. Surprise them with little gifts and come when they least expect to take them out for coffee/supper.

When giving, give with a big smile and never with a frown. Giving costs the same regardless of your facial expression and you get a smile in return when you give it out.

Give with a cheerful yet humble heart. Meet them at least once a week no matter how busy you are or how senior or a big shot you think you are. (one Aunt and Uncle did this and i respect them for it as they bring my grandmother out weekly) Help out your in laws in the same way if they need help as well especially those who gave you pointers in life (my father in law, wishing him a long life here)

Take them to do fishing or accompany them just for dinner, spend time with them. Just because you are married does not change the fact that you are still their son/daughter.

Give them money until your wallet is empty, get chided by your wife for going hungry that day as you gave all you could. Most importantly, do all this without taking a cent from them in the first place.

It is ok to use the HDB/Condo/Landed that your father bought for you when comparing but do the above and then you start to compare, be fair to the person you are trying to compete and compare with.

Money and education counts for nothing and little respect in my eyes if one cannot be good to the ones who brought them up.

Before one should honour anything, one should honour their parents first. While my parents are still here, i will do my very best for them.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Whenever i need a boost, i will have a look at this to cheer myself up, especially at 1.44 and at 2.00:

[video=youtube;cErP_Js9uDY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cErP_Js9uDY[/video]

allanckk

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi bro and sister,

can anyone share with me what we need to prepare or be more caution if we stay in JB?? What is the usual trend we need to follow to..??

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
hi bro and sister,

can anyone share with me what we need to prepare or be more caution if we stay in JB?? What is the usual trend we need to follow to..??

Folks have discussed about this before but generally:

Don't every flaunt your wealth and try to get a local car if possible. Install CCTV, window grilles, make friends with the neighbours and look out for each other.

Mspimples

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gosh, i am so sorry Mspimples, it was almost too much for me to bear at times and i have the advantage of being a guy. You really did good there and yes what so great about being a GM or VP, your gravestone marker will just say beloved husband/wife or father/mother, never your position, title and certainly not your MBA/PHD.

Growing up, while other relatives get by in life either through women, their dads connections or money, i had to look after the family and its obligations. At 14, being set adrift, i quickly learned how to survive. No quarter given or expected. I didn't envy them though, i knew my dad did the best he could and i knew that being right at the bottom, the only way is up.

Really respect you for your deed as well, your dad must be very proud of you and they really should express some respect if not gratitude towards him. People are quick to forget favours but never grievances unfortunately.

Thank u bro. Haha although he didn't admit or praise me, but I more or less can feel it from his smile. He suffered heart attack before,lucky the god doesn't want him so I can still keep him.
I hope to keep him as long as time permit cos my mum was taken away after her depression.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mspimples

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my heart i always felt, if you must really compare, please compete with the following on how someone treat his parents and in laws.

Take them to personally to holidays around the world, buy things for them so dear that you don't even bear to wear it yourself, buy cars, houses and add in your parents name so that they have a place to stay in their old age or in case you pass on early, buy furniture and appliances for them before you change your own.

Do everything you can to make them feel happy and comfortable. Take them to see the doctor whenever they are sick, take them to spa and massage. Remember just giving money is not good enough. Surprise them with little gifts and come when they least expect to take them out for coffee/supper.

When giving, give with a big smile and never with a frown. Giving costs the same regardless of your facial expression and you get a smile in return when you give it out.

Give with a cheerful yet humble heart. Meet them at least once a week no matter how busy you are or how senior or a big shot you think you are. (one Aunt and Uncle did this and i respect them for it as they bring my grandmother out weekly) Help out your in laws in the same way if they need help as well especially those who gave you pointers in life (my father in law, wishing him a long life here)

Take them to do fishing or accompany them just for dinner, spend time with them. Just because you are married does not change the fact that you are still their son/daughter.

Give them money until your wallet is empty, get chided by your wife for going hungry that day as you gave all you could. Most importantly, do all this without taking a cent from them in the first place.

It is ok to use the HDB/Condo/Landed that your father bought for you when comparing but do the above and then you start to compare, be fair to the person you are trying to compete and compare with.

Money and education counts for nothing and little respect in my eyes if one cannot be good to the ones who brought them up.

Before one should honour anything, one should honour their parents first. While my parents are still here, i will do my very best for them.

Bro. Salute u for the above.

Eesee

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks for the info , i am M1 user so far okay with them . starhub a lot of times have no netowrk in jb , just happened last week to my sis n bro in law ....
i bought msia prepaid card so tat i can make calls in jb as nowadays need to call a lot of ppl and banks like cimb n hong leong only can indicate msia number for TAC code .

Hi Crystal,

Our accounts with CIMB can receive TAC codes with Spore numbers. Initially, they told us that we must have Malaysian numbers but we told them we did not subscribe with any Malaysian telco so they gave in and let us use our Sin telco numbers. However, one of our numbers could not receive TAC code but the problem was resolved after we raised the issue with them. They took weeks to resolve the problem.

Last edited:

sillysinky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you. Wow, lost 2 at once. Thats really really sad, i guess it was not meant to be.

My wife lost the first one due to work, for all the long hours she put in, the contribution and work, in the end doesn't count for anything as her boss and her boss's boss all got axed and a new team got put in.

Then these new bosses got axed too after being used to axed their subordinates. My wife left on her own accord at my urging as she was working too much. In the end, when they tried to make her stay on and offered more pay, position, she refused and they pile up all the work. She got overly stressed and we lost the baby as a result. No one went to visit her in the hospital, there were no flowers, not even a phone call though all her ex colleagues did call her. This incident shook her to the core and reminded her that to the corporate world, we were all just a number.

I got her to "retire" and to rest. It took us more than 2 years before we tried to have kids again.

Glad you didn't give up and kudos to your wife for having the courage to leave the company.
Most people work very hard for the company and hope to be rewarded accordingly and taken care of by the company. while this holds true say 20 years or more ago, sadly in today's environment, it no longer holds water.
It's always prudent to have some back up plan in the form of financial planning ie side business, investment in blue chips stocks and iskandar properties :smile:
so if the axe comes chopping, the awareness that one has got back-up plan, it will not be such a great blow. Otherwise the mental "ANGUISH" can be too much to bear.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi,
On a light-hearted note, (pls don't get angry becos bygones are bygones), your real life happenings can form good scripts for some TV drama. My son ever mentioned that my mother's side and my father-in-law's side - the relatives also got 'interesting' happenings - also good materials for some TV drama. Hahaha!
What is more important is now - The Present! Looking back, you can smile silently to yourself! I quite believe in karma, what goes round comes round. And incidently, I also observe something - sometimes one generation 'ba zhi' is so strong, that nothing will get in their way, but it cannot be said for the next generation to be the same. I can't explain why, but it's really funny...why it happens the way it happened!

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all

thanks for your kind words yesterday .

Everything seem okay now as those I have complained all auto call me to update this morning.
UEM Rectification Supervisor called me to inform that they are in my house doing the work and me finally can received the TAC code on my msia nbr .
UEM security officer called and said they have warned the contractor who keep harrassing me and other new owners , anymore more complain they will be banned in NI.

And the best news is a neighbour who i jus know bought 8B end lot from subsale close to Rm800K !

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
To residents of Horizon Hills, today I received a call from Guardhouse while I was working in Spore. Apparently some visitors who were dressed up nicely told the Guardroom they are "Bankers" and acting on behalf of RHB bank and they are there at my house to take pictures externally as the owner ( me ) wants to sell it.

When I spoke to the Malay guy ( supposedly banker ), he confidently read out my exact address and the "Buyer" name. I have absolutely no dealings with RHB bank whatever. When I asked which lawyer got him here, he mentioned the law firm is representing the buyer and the law firm is in Ipoh, Perak.

I have restricted his entry. I even warned the guards never to allow such personnel from so-called banks to enter the place indiscriminately. They were well dressed and even had fake documents to show the guards

Bro

Well done.

Either the Horizon Hills security system is first class or you have the security guards under your payroll!

:smile::smile::smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.