• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Met up with a few good people as well as had a bad experience at Kinsahi recently in Bukit Indah (went there for lunch on my special day)

A very good Chinese TCM physician, his clinic is at his home at:
22, Jalan makmur 44(lunch 12-1.30pm, closed on Thu), its very near Nusa Bestari. Very competent and kind. He knows the Wu Qin Xi (5 animals play or exercise) as well as other Qigong and gave us advice on health.

Cool! Thanks for the info Wuqi kor kor, will pull my mama there. titter.gif
The place is near Taman Nusa Bestari Jaya, but at Taman Damai Jaya, main road is Jalan Aman.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
On a different note to my troubles with my neighbour. He has now installed a pair of CCTV with infrared pointed directly to the front of my house. I am not sure as to the privacy law or laws of Malaysia, I do know that this is NOT allowed in UK and the US. I just noticed it when I got home this evening after having gone out with my wife and kids for dinner. Looking at the angle from a profile view standing at a distance form the house and looking towards the two houses, it looks to point directly at my porch thereby my main door. He will be observing when we leave the house and when we return. Most frigthening is that my kids play outside of the house within the compound and he is observing them. I do not know what his intentions are but I doubt pointing the CCTV directly at a neigbours house is not exactly legal. Any HELP and advise here is very much needed and appreciated.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Juz ignore n e fun will b gone. But u shd enhance ur family security. Maybe buy a dog, which might irritate him when it barks at him n make him feel unwelcome if really cannot take it.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Juz ignore n e fun will b gone. But u shd enhance ur family security. Maybe buy a dog, which might irritate him when it barks at him n make him feel unwelcome if really cannot take it.

Thank you for that advice, but a dog barking would disturb the other neighbours, beside I have Muslim neighbours whom I must respect.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mirrors? Last resort is to shift house. Not sure if there is any mediation party. But u can try to find a fellow neutral neighbour to mediate.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mirrors? Last resort is to shift house. Not sure if there is any mediation party. But u can try to find a fellow neutral neighbour to mediate.

Afraid he has expended any goodwill he might have had with the neighbours or Township. The neighbour to his left has has issues with him so as the neighbour that ajoins him in the backyard when he tried to extend the back of his house right up to the common wall. From what I gathered he was suppose to stop the extension but apparently reneged on the promise and stop at about 2foot from the back common wall. Gives you an idea of the kind of person/family that has moved into the neighbourhood....

Last edited:

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
On a different note to my troubles with my neighbour. He has now installed a pair of CCTV with infrared pointed directly to the front of my house. I am not sure as to the privacy law or laws of Malaysia, I do know that this is NOT allowed in UK and the US. I just noticed it when I got home this evening after having gone out with my wife and kids for dinner. Looking at the angle from a profile view standing at a distance form the house and looking towards the two houses, it looks to point directly at my porch thereby my main door. He will be observing when we leave the house and when we return. Most frigthening is that my kids play outside of the house within the compound and he is observing them. I do not know what his intentions are but I doubt pointing the CCTV directly at a neigbours house is not exactly legal. Any HELP and advise here is very much needed and appreciated.

That person got problem - so venomous. I think time to seek legal advice.

Isnt it considered harrassment when someone makes you uncomfortable like that?

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal

If all else fails, maybe you should get your own CCTV and cover your own property but get a few powerful IR Lamps. Make sure the Lamps shine into his CCTV.
It will degrade the performance of his CCTV camera, imagine you are shinning head lights on his camera. For his camera to work properly he will have to tilt down the angle of his camera and not be aiming directly to your house. However this will only work at night when the IR lamps are effective.

IR Lamp.jpg

silverback

Thank you for that advice, but a dog barking would disturb the other neighbours, beside I have Muslim neighbours whom I must respect.
I'm Malay Muslim and actually we don't mind neighbours with dogs. My neighbours to the left & right and others in my area too have them as pets. To us, it's all just part and parcel of living on landed property and the need for security. And yes, we do have Malaysian Malays living in the area, so don't worry :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Cool! Thanks for the info Wuqi kor kor, will pull my mama there. View attachment 8917
The place is near Taman Nusa Bestari Jaya, but at Taman Damai Jaya, main road is Jalan Aman.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for adding the information Potter. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
If all else fails, maybe you should get your own CCTV and cover your own property but get a few powerful IR Lamps. Make sure the Lamps shine into his CCTV.
It will degrade the performance of his CCTV camera, imagine you are shinning head lights on his camera. For his camera to work properly he will have to tilt down the angle of his camera and not be aiming directly to your house. However this will only work at night when the IR lamps are effective.

Good points, the other way is to have such lights but the normal flood light types shining directly over to degrade his camera performance as well as to irritate him. There are many other ways to deal with a camera especially from a distance such as a laser pointer. That should still be the last resort though as doing all these may escalate things further. Best to just wear him out as he is the one spending money just to irritate someone.

I know of several datuks in HH but to the best of my knowledge, none of them act like that especially a newly minted datuk who is a very nice chap.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
That person got problem - so venomous. I think time to seek legal advice.

Isnt it considered harrassment when someone makes you uncomfortable like that?

Agree, change what you can, if not change yourself and if all else fails, leave. This is beginning to sound like the Everitt road case in SG.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Folks here have been PMing me for schools, just to clarify, i do not have any school in Bukit Indah area (at least not yet). I appreciate the kind thoughts though.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
People here as well as those who know me personally have asked about helping out the poor as well as housing them, really need to do something fast. I can't do it all by myself though, no matter how much i can give, even when i gave most of what i have, i am just one person. Someone else can run the charity show, i just want to help.

I sincerely apologise for any delays in replying to any recommendation for designer,contractors, banks, lawyers, etc but the poor always comes first for me.

Greetings and thank you for this encouraging response...
There are many homeless people now in Singapore as the housing prices are beyond the reach of many poor people especially those ex-cons who were released from prison with nowhere to go..

could you help me find out? my friends and I hope to house these people in Malaysia as Singapore rentals and housing are beyond many of these people as they are earning very low income and have no where to go..

I will get my team mates to mull on this and will call on your help when the time comes.
Glad to have your help.

May your 2013 bring you and your family greater abundance and joy...

------------------------------------------------

Yes there are but it has to be further inside Johor as land has risen quite a bit given the massive investments here and those incoming from .
Definitely keen and ready to assist on strictly pro bono basis.

Regards

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree, change what you can, if not change yourself and if all else fails, leave. This is beginning to sound like the Everitt road case in SG.

hee , this everitt unfortunate neighbour with the Chan is my coy CFO ....
last yr , he sold away the house liao as he is full time in shanghai and japan .....
this CFO is a very humble and nice guy , e best CFO i ever know , usually CFO are snobbish ! its a pity he have to sold his house and moved to other country because of this Chan neighbour !

Last edited:

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont dare to buy anything until after the elections. There are talks that Johor will fall to the opposition and in the short term ( at least 1-3 years ), prices of properties and shares will fall like dominos.

The last elections when BN lost a few States but still WIN the whole elections, market shares dropped 40% already. I cannot imagine how economy in Johor will be like if it falls to the opposition. In the long term obviously it MIGHT be a blessing in disguise. We are talking about short term.

Johor is the birthplace of UMNO the main component of BN. You think that will happen? I personally doubt it.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
How ironic that the current Johor BN state govt was last reported to consider raising the foreigner limit to rm1mill and we got ppl worrying abt the GE13. If the current BN state got retain Johor and go ahead with raising the foreigner limit, you also kena what. What for worry abt GE13 then?

I agree with Narmi that Johor is unlikely to fall to opposition. If thats the case, the current state govt remains and risk of foreigner limit being raised remains :wink:

Last edited:

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't remember there is any effect on property price the last GE. for KLSE yes, it drop more than 100 points in a single day.

Status
Not open for further replies.