• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

allanckk

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi bro,

what is the diffirent between Digital antenna and analog antenna Digital isn't same like singapore hdb house?

mika14

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi,

just asking are office stationary cheaper in JB or SG?
which are the biggest office stationary shops in JB?
which are also the biggest DIY shops in JB?
i planning to buy x-acto knifes, but dont know where is cheaper.

thanks!

Guanyi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi, good advice on windscreen. Also need to consider the additional cost of applying solar film.

Quick updates:

Car related:
Pasir Gudang highway had a lot of potholes filled up recently, thumbs up but the road towards the coastal highway/Legoland needs fixing as well.
When buying 2nd hand cars, do note that the year or even the month it was registered on will factor in the pricing when buying or selling.

Try not to change an entire windscreen just because of cracks, do get them filled up (DIY by buying kits from ebay, etc or through a professional firm and most insurance firms will cover the repair or mandate that you try to repair it first anyway. After market replacement of windscreens, unless done well and professionally, else may result in multiple leaks or worse, internal flooding where water seeps into the chassis of the vehicle and rusts from the inside. There is one firm doing such replacements/repairs (Nanmar) right besides Eurorich hotel.

Bukit Indah has became more vibrant of late, now lots of eateries/business/pubs and hotels but parking and congestion remains a factor. The Hotel Granada is pretty interesting though.

A new and LARGE library is opening up soon in the area.

Buying stuff:
Kong Ming lanterns (sky lanterns) are available now at DIY store (2nd floor) in Tesco (Bukit Indah). My poor dad was looking high and low for his relatives the past few weeks and paid very high for each. Yet today, just found that DIY store is selling it for about 6.80 RM for large ones so do grab them if you are looking for them.

Blue ray discs with 3D features are being sold for 30 RM at this video place in Tesco (ground floor). "Non original" though it seems but pretty nice for the blue ray player and PS3.

HH related:
The convenience/general/groceries shop at the corner seems to be operating 24 by 7 now. More businesses seems to be taking place there.

General:
Digital TV with limited channels like Channel 5, Channel 5 HD, Channel 8 and Channel News Asia are pretty much available on top of the regular free to air channels.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi bro...

where is this place..?? east ledang?

SC lar, just go there to phone home like ET. titter.gif

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
hi bro,

what is the diffirent between Digital antenna and analog antenna Digital isn't same like singapore hdb house?

Most new gen tvs are already built in with everything you need for digital and for some can switch between both else you will have to fine tune yourself with a digital receiver.

The digital channel especially Channel 5 HD is really nice. The clarity here was really good.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Wuqi,

How can we receive Digital TV in JB? Is there a place to get the set top box needed? Darn, i just installed my soon to be obsolete analogue antenna. :smile:

Certain tv sets already has it built in. You can get them easily as well or just get Unifi. Else get those media boxes for lots and lots of channels!! :smile: Enjoy

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing u mention already on the firecracker.
Quick updates:

Car related:
Pasir Gudang highway had a lot of potholes filled up recently, thumbs up but the road towards the coastal highway/Legoland needs fixing as well.
When buying 2nd hand cars, do note that the year or even the month it was registered on will factor in the pricing when buying or selling.

Try not to change an entire windscreen just because of cracks, do get them filled up (DIY by buying kits from ebay, etc or through a professional firm and most insurance firms will cover the repair or mandate that you try to repair it first anyway. After market replacement of windscreens, unless done well and professionally, else may result in multiple leaks or worse, internal flooding where water seeps into the chassis of the vehicle and rusts from the inside. There is one firm doing such replacements/repairs (Nanmar) right besides Eurorich hotel.

Bukit Indah has became more vibrant of late, now lots of eateries/business/pubs and hotels but parking and congestion remains a factor. The Hotel Granada is pretty interesting though.

A new and LARGE library is opening up soon in the area.

Buying stuff:
Kong Ming lanterns (sky lanterns) are available now at DIY store (2nd floor) in Tesco (Bukit Indah). My poor dad was looking high and low for his relatives the past few weeks and paid very high for each. Yet today, just found that DIY store is selling it for about 6.80 RM for large ones so do grab them if you are looking for them.

Blue ray discs with 3D features are being sold for 30 RM at this video place in Tesco (ground floor). "Non original" though it seems but pretty nice for the blue ray player and PS3.

HH related:
The convenience/general/groceries shop at the corner seems to be operating 24 by 7 now. More businesses seems to be taking place there.

General:
Digital TV with limited channels like Channel 5, Channel 5 HD, Channel 8 and Channel News Asia are pretty much available on top of the regular free to air channels.

Last edited:

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi, may I know roughly how much is the cost for firework and is there any shop/pasar malam selling it on weekend? Planning to play with it on CNY..yeah..

Lots and lots. There are some pasar malam near the Pearl restaurant and on Wednesdays for the
pasar malam near HH. Good place to look and remember to bargain. :wink:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wuqi, may I know roughly how much is the cost for firework and is there any shop/pasar malam selling it on weekend? Planning to play with it on CNY..yeah..

25 tubes in one cake, normally around 40 or below (some sell at 30 even) but some will try to sell you 50. Then the 49 shots one, usually about 70-85. Some will try to sell you 90-100. Then the very large types about 388-600 and even some will buy the huge one (named international fireworks) that looks like a 81 mm mortar tube. Loads of fun but as in all things, clear area, check target, fire responsibly. :smile:

Yes loads of pasar malam but for the weekend, near the Pearl coffee shop (Petronas station), there is a wetmarket/pasar malam on weekend mornings. Go grab some yourself some kit.

Some guys have bought box loads but i asked them to save for CNY instead. Been a very tiring 2 months for me, undergoing lots of "fireworks" and immense disappointments at work/business so just want some peace and quiet this new years eve as i will be working through it as with all the preceding years.

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for e info..hope I target it correctly :wink: may I know which pearl coffeeshop? Along Nusa bestari?

Take things easily..life might be better..a brand new year and new resolution..Happy New year yo

25 tubes in one cake, normally around 40 or below (some sell at 30 even) but some will try to sell you 50. Then the 49 shots one, usually about 70-85. Some will try to sell you 90-100. Then the very large types about 388-600 and even some will buy the huge one (named international fireworks) that looks like a 81 mm mortar tube. Loads of fun but as in all things, clear area, check target, fire responsibly. :smile:

Yes loads of pasar malam but for the weekend, near the Pearl coffee shop (Petronas station), there is a wetmarket/pasar malam on weekend mornings. Go grab some yourself some kit.

Some guys have bought box loads but i asked them to save for CNY instead. Been a very tiring 2 months for me, undergoing lots of "fireworks" and immense disappointments at work/business so just want some peace and quiet this new years eve as i will be working through it as with all the preceding years.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Curiosity...Fireworks especially those mega ones are allowed in JB?
They are out of bounds in KL area.

Thanks for e info..hope I target it correctly :wink: may I know which pearl coffeeshop? Along Nusa bestari?

Take things easily..life might be better..a brand new year and new resolution..Happy New year yo

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Curiosity...Fireworks especially those mega ones are allowed in JB?
They are out of bounds in KL area.

From what little i know, fireworks of any types of flying or starburst types are definitely not allowed unless on specially mandated days. Just fire and clean up the mess and disappear.

For those holidaying in Malacca, I would recommend the Hatten hotel on CNY or any major festivals and get yourself on the 10th floor at least and get the side that faces the city. Too high the fireworks looks to distant and small. Watch the fireworks explode from 8pm onwards.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Not too sure..can anyone share whether mega fireworks allowed in JB? Anyway, i will try out with smaller one first..

Smaller ones if you do it fast, should be ok. Mega ones will shake nearby houses windows. One time 2 kids were playing with them, one of them dropped the mortar tube, i went there just in time to lift it and it shot a large firework and just missed a neighbours roof tiles. Fireworks should always be supervised
and with someone with a large water hose with the dictum (after you shoot, i shoot)

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Thanks, it should be along Jalan Indah 5/3 if i remember correctly. Along the road after passing Sekolah Menenggah Kebangsaan Taman Bukit Indah on the way FROM Columbia Asia hospital. There is a corner coffeeshop where many cars are always parked haphazardly and near to a Petronas Petrol station.

Status
Not open for further replies.