• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Looks like this is quite a common 'obstacle' with a number of guys. So long as the womenfolk are not forking out their money, just proceed. I have friends who need to get 'clearance' not only from their other half but also their children! Till today they are still waiting ...

Issue is alot WILL probably still make noise even nothing in the way of money was contributed. Getting their "buy in" is important, so that if nothing else, one can sleep well at night. In my case, i was lucky to have an instant convert after the third house.

Bro Toyohon, with regards to your friends, doing nothing to improve ones lot in life is actually fine since they made a conscious choice to do so.
Blaming others, including the world and everyone else who is doing their best is not. Worse when they blame the world for not sending one person to help them. Yet everytime such people come, they reject them.

"If you really feel that there is no one in this world who can help you, why not at least try helping yourself?"
Quote from:
"Little Mark's" twin brother, "Ken" in the movie, "A better tomorrow II"

"I am not doing all this in an effort to show people how great i am, but that what i have lost, i can take/gain back"
Quote from:
"Little Mark" in the movie, "A better tomorrow"

Why waste ones energy on more complaints about ones fate when one can still do something about it? The chap who started KFC only after his retirement using only his pension funds certainly didn't sit on his hands and wait on fate.

Last edited:

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Issue is alot WILL probably still make noise even nothing in the way of money was contributed. Getting their "buy in" is important, so that if nothing else, one can sleep well at night. In my case, i was lucky to have an instant convert after the third house.

Bro Toyohon, with regards to your friends, doing nothing to improve ones lot in life is actually fine since they made a conscious choice to do so.
Blaming others, including the world and everyone else who is doing their best is not. Worse when they blame the world for not sending one person to help them. Yet everytime such people come, they reject them.

"If you really feel that there is no one in this world who can help you, why not at least try helping yourself?"
Quote from:
"Little Mark's" twin brother, "Ken" in the movie, "A better tomorrow II"

"I am not doing all this in an effort to show people how great i am, but that what i have lost, i can take/gain back"
Quote from:
"Little Mark" in the movie, "A better tomorrow"

Why waste ones energy on more complaints about ones fate when one can still do something about it? The chap who started KFC only after his retirement using only his pension funds certainly didn't sit on his hands and wait on fate.

Fully agreed with you chief. I'm sure I'm getting closer. Today we spent whole day at bukit indah aeon and somewhere there a foot reflex place for massage. then went to her friend place in leisure farm a 1hect land size bungalow. Very nice built up like resort. Best part her friend and her hubby already helping me to educate my wife. Hahaha. Well. Hope it getting nearer. Tomorrow we will go in again haha so happy that my wife now got atleast 70% ok Liao. :smile: today we went to a resturant call Tim sha Tsui Hong Kong resturant at bukit indah char Siew very nice. :wink:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
'Dr Love' plans retirement park

Johor project to feature 100 freehold landed homes and 'medical butlers'

Published on Nov 28, 2012

By Amelia Tan

SINGAPORE'S self-styled "Dr Love", Dr Wei Siang Yu, is leading a group of Asian businessmen to invest more than $50 million in a retirement park in Johor that is mainly aimed at Singaporeans.

About 100 freehold landed homes, from 1,500 to 5,000 sq ft, will be built on a 4.86ha plot in Senai in the Iskandar region.

A 1,500 sq ft single-storey unit, with a bedroom, living room and garden is expected to cost about $350,000. The 5,000 sq ft homes will cost about $900,000.

Construction should start by next year and is scheduled to be completed by 2015.

Dr Wei, 43, a medical doctor who earned his "Dr Love" nickname for his efforts in teaching Singaporeans about sex, decided to turn his attention about four years ago to providing services for Asia's rapidly ageing population.

In 2008, he founded Borderless Healthcare Group (BHG), which invests in health-care technology, media and telecommunications services. BHG's real-estate arm is developing the Senai project and there are plans to roll out another two in Iskandar by 2015.

Dr Wei said a group of more than 10 businessmen and tycoons from countries such as Indonesia, China and Singapore are investing in the projects. He declined to reveal more about them as he did not want to affect ongoing negotiations to acquire two more plots for the upcoming projects.

In all, the three projects will offer about 500 landed homes.

BHG's plan is to sell about 40 per cent of the homes to Singaporeans and the rest to retirees from Asian countries such as South Korea, Japan and Indonesia.

Residents can apply for the Malaysia My Second Home Programme promoted by the Malaysian government for long-term stays.

Dr Wei said the selling point is the affordable prices of the homes and their high-tech services.

Residents can hire maids who have attended online caregiving courses developed by BHG. The maids will work with a team of medical butlers via mobile apps to plan diet and fitness programmes for their employers.

The medical butlers, who are trained nurses, will communicate with residents online to schedule their medical appointments and manage their medical records, stored in an online database.

Doctors will be available for consultation in the retirement park. Residents can also use a fitness centre and spa. There will also be hubs for residents to buy medical devices and attend classes to learn how to cook organic food.

Dr Wei estimated that residents will pay between $100 and $1,000 a month to use the services, depending on how many they choose.

Said Dr Wei: "Our goal is to offer services which take care of all our residents' needs at an affordable price."

To ensure residents' safety, the parks will be fenced up and there will be guards on patrol.

In recent years, more Singaporeans have been looking to Malaysia to buy homes due to a weakening ringgit, the lure of owning a landed property and familiarity with the country.

Well-known Singapore companies are also investing in Iskandar. CapitaLand has been appointed project manager for a 2ha urban wellness project in Medini North, a region in Iskandar.

Dr Wei said marketing for the Senai retirement park will start early next year but the response from his friends and business contacts has been good.

Singapore Management University Associate Professor Tan Wee Liang, 54, who is considering buying a home in the Senai park, said: "It is particularly attractive as it is not in some far-flung country but just across the Causeway. Family members and children would have little excuse not to visit."

Last edited:

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fully agreed with you chief. I'm sure I'm getting closer. Today we spent whole day at bukit indah aeon and somewhere there a foot reflex place for massage. then went to her friend place in leisure farm a 1hect land size bungalow. Very nice built up like resort. Best part her friend and her hubby already helping me to educate my wife. Hahaha. Well. Hope it getting nearer. Tomorrow we will go in again haha so happy that my wife now got atleast 70% ok Liao. :smile: today we went to a resturant call Tim sha Tsui Hong Kong resturant at bukit indah char Siew very nice. :wink:

haha I think your problem will become the other extreme soon.... from no house to wanting minimum semi-d! no worries, that would be a better problem to have than zero :smile:

Last edited:

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Understand & i shared the same PROBLEM but acted differently.
Just informed her & she was very unhappy. I just ignored her anger & proceed to sign cheque for S&P & do what i know Best.
The rest is History. Now She bobian but just tag along. Raw Rice became Chicken Rice leow.
Nothing can change. Sometimes it is very difficult for Housewife to understand "Investment".

Totally agreed with you, certain things in life cannot procrastinate for too long, believe in chasing dreams, as for me I told my hub about Lf houses but he wasn't in favout too. So one day , I am going to buy a house at leisure farm, he decided to go with me as he worried that I might buy something he doesn't like. The rest is history

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. These are beautiful places. Chase your dream. Nice thing is LF, EL, HH or many other nice places in Malaysia are only 30min drive away during non peak.
Australia, US etc require long distance flight and drive..

Totally agreed with you, certain things in life cannot procrastinate for too long, believe in chasing dreams, as for me I told my hub about Lf houses but he wasn't in favout too. So one day , I am going to buy a house at leisure farm, he decided to go with me as he worried that I might buy something he doesn't like. The rest is history

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal

Haha Sanur, I think a lot of us wished they have a wife like u!:smile:

Malaysiaboleh

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi DWKY9,

Looks like your dream are getting closer. In no time, you will join the community @ Little Singapore in Nusajaya. I wish you all the very best.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

你..是..我..的..偶..像..我.们.永远..支持..你..... em34.gif

Last edited:

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha I think your problem will become the other extreme soon.... from no house to wanting minimum semi-d! no worries, that would be a better problem to have than zero :smile:

Hahah No la...buy within our means....If heaven grant me a big win fall..sure by Bunglow but only we 2 ppl stay nia leh...!HAhha

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi DWKY9,

Looks like your dream are getting closer. In no time, you will join the community @ Little Singapore in Nusajaya. I wish you all the very best.

Hi MB, Thank you i really wish too...today just went to LF to see one of the rental area unit for sales but we dont like the place that dont give us a house feeling. Still think HH the best leh....just dunno why. So just now i told my wife so if want we can choose the New Condo in HH if price is right. She said ya. So i told her never mind wait till their launch we go and find more info and look for the banker about loan thingy. she agreed:smile: So now is $$$ issue, if i can get 90% loan most probly i will on the deal. Just cross our fingers!

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi MB, Thank you i really wish too...today just went to LF to see one of the rental area unit for sales but we dont like the place that dont give us a house feeling. Still think HH the best leh....just dunno why. So just now i told my wife so if want we can choose the New Condo in HH if price is right. She said ya. So i told her never mind wait till their launch we go and find more info and look for the banker about loan thingy. she agreed:smile: So now is $$$ issue, if i can get 90% loan most probly i will on the deal. Just cross our fingers!

u two staying hdb(assume) not enough huh..big house can make more babies, u see bro wuqi..titter.gif

Last edited:

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
u two staying hdb(assume) not enough huh..View attachment 8078

HAhaha...true bro.you see! for me as long the place i feel comfortable im ok whether is Condo or landed but ofcoz i did tot like HDB also the same leh...then i think again well it maybe same deisgn but the title is different and the enviroment also important loh but ofcoz if we can find a nice landed price is right we will also on wan. But wife now say landed house got pests la this and that lah..you see i told you ..some women cannot make up their mind...now you know how i feel liao right..! So lets see how..:smile:

Malaysiaboleh

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi DWKY9,

My wife and I booked a 2 storey landed unit early this year at LF. We like the serenity and price. But we decided against it as we were uncomfortable with its poor access from highway. Beside, the nearest shops and entertainment outlets are far away for our needs.

We like HH very much as we feel comfortable with the environment and neighbourhood. The security there are commendable and shops and eating places are within reach. Beside, majority of owners and residents there are from Singapore. We have rented out our landed unit at the Gateway and now exploring a condo unit at Ledang for our own occupation as we missed the launch of Fairways at HH.

JBhome

Alfrescian
Loyal
HAhaha...true bro.you see! for me as long the place i feel comfortable im ok whether is Condo or landed but ofcoz i did tot like HDB also the same leh...then i think again well it maybe same deisgn but the title is different and the enviroment also important loh but ofcoz if we can find a nice landed price is right we will also on wan. But wife now say landed house got pests la this and that lah..you see i told you ..some women cannot make up their mind...now you know how i feel liao right..! So lets see how..:smile:

Landed sure to have PEST. Snake, Iguana etc. Be Prepared to welcome them. U have been forewarn. Choice is your !

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi DWKY9,

My wife and I booked a 2 storey landed unit early this year at LF. We like the serenity and price. But we decided against it as we were uncomfortable with its poor access from highway. Beside, the nearest shops and entertainment outlets are far away for our needs.

We like HH very much as we feel comfortable with the environment and neighbourhood. The security there are commendable and shops and eating places are within reach. Beside, majority of owners and residents there are from Singapore. We have rented out our landed unit at the Gateway and now exploring a condo unit at Ledang for our own occupation as we missed the launch of Fairways at HH.

Hi MB, No worries. I think it very individual feel..Well, I would say the Bungalow area there no bad. Yes the access to and fro maybe quite inconvient coz yesterday i go back at nite from leisure LF was like....wah..quite scary leh at nite if go back..at worst that was my first time to LF lucky wife friend lead us half of the road from there we carry on to the Highway to tuas.

Bro theres another new condo in HH launching in Dec mah...can go check it out too.price was told range 550psf to 600psf indicative. Means can go up! so let see how it goes.

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Landed sure to have PEST. Snake, Iguana etc. Be Prepared to welcome them. U have been forewarn. Choice is your !

Bro, Im not scare lah..i expected la. To me is not an issue. Ofcoz choice will eventually be mine, but im not single le!

Status
Not open for further replies.