• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

moochi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today, had an interesting morning as i was kind of pulled in different directions by some friends keen on investing/living in Malaysia now. Many i called out to years ago are now sudden converts.

Some of them think too highly of me and some always say i am ahead of the curve or i am brave when it comes to investments. I am actually neither as i am actually quite conservative, just that i tend to do my math faster and come to a decision sooner than most.

Buying property in Johore at prices past 1000 psf? Not anytime soon for me, now or in the future. Those who did, these people are superbly smarter and way braver than me. It also depends on preference i guess as one can still get landed (gated & guarded) properties still at prices way below that.
Cheers to them.

I agree totally.. don't think i will touch if the prices rise above 1000psf across the board for all areas. Many will celebrate for those who are vested and many will also cry because it has become another Singapore. Is this where they are heading? I hope not... I still want to own a reasonably priced one in the near future for retirement. I once learn from a wise man, " Buy when people are not buying and exit when the masses starts pouring in and start snapping up like lelong" something along this line.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Another update:

The Korean restaurant near to the Alliance bank are having promo now, prices have come down but quality hasn't. :smile:
My wife really like the food there.

moochi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another update:

The Korean restaurant near to the Alliance bank are having promo now, prices have come down but quality hasn't. :smile:
My wife really like the food there.

Is it Uncle Jang? Please forward the name of the restaurant. Last week i went kim chi & bbq at taman pelangi after reading some blog reviews, food was ok, not fantastic and not too bad but we paid RM166 for 2 pax. I think it's rather ex

moochi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wife just talked about the Hatten experience now, pretty nice as we stayed at high floor and watched the Deepavali fireworks
explode across the city at the stroke of midnight. (High floor is essential for this.) The fireworks lasted for over 2 hours. :smile:

That's cool, so romantic... :smile:

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
1000 psf seems expensive today but I am very certain when we look back in year 2020 (not too far away but far enough), it will be a totally different picture. I am not sure how many of you remember those days when S$1000 psf was unimaginable.....People were saying siow liao, property sure to crash in no time, none of us can afford it anymore. So, what happened, you may ask? The most expensive suburb then, got even more expensive today. One simple answer, our paper money got smaller and space got lesser.

Cheers
N

moochi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Side track abit. Like to know what are the basic requirements for furnishing a place for rental purposes?
Things like:

1) Lights
2) Curtains
3) Kitchen Cabinet
4) Aircon
5) Fridge, washer, dryer
6) Sofa, dining set
7) TV
8 ) Bed and wardobe

Anything I miss out?

Last edited:

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Side track abit. Like to know what are the basic requirements for furnishing a place for rental purposes?
Things like:

1) Lights
2) Curtains
3) Kitchen Cabinet
4) Aircon
5) Fridge, washer, dryer
6) Sofa, dining set
7) TV
8 ) Bed and wardobe

Anything I miss out?

I presume you planning to rent out fully furnished. Water Heaters and Fans. Cannot be whole house aircon right? Personally I would do partial furnished ie. provide fixtures only without the furniture. ie. your (1)-(4), water heater and fans and fix up built in wardrobes. No furnitures and no electricals.

moochi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I presume you planning to rent out fully furnished. Water Heaters and Fans. Cannot be whole house aircon right? Personally I would do partial furnished ie. provide fixtures only without the furniture. ie. your (1)-(4), water heater and fans and fix up built in wardrobes. No furnitures and no electricals.

Oh yes.. forgot about water heater. Mine is a small apartment. only need to install one aircon in bedroom and another in hall, you think i should install ceiling fan too? Built in wardrobe should be costing more to do, was thinking just buy bedroom set can already.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Oh yes.. forgot about water heater. Mine is a small apartment. only need to install one aircon in bedroom and another in hall, you think i should install ceiling fan too? Built in wardrobe should be costing more to do, was thinking just buy bedroom set can already.

IMHO, ceiling fan is a must, do bedroom set instead, get those on discounts. I usually do mine fully furnished so that folks who want to rent can move in fast and also get a higher rental yield. It may also make it easier to sell next time as the new owner just need to bring minimal items in if they are not fussy.

Especially for rental units, i get them from Izola wholesale and furnished multiple units at once to save on costs, etc. They will also put additional brackets in the bedframe so that at the end of 2 years, i still get a bed which is still usable. Frames for tables too.

Get old but still usable furniture re-upholstered and it will be like brand new and use them for the rental units if new furniture is not required.

thmejlfm

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi!

My house now under renovation. Last two days was holiday at JB. My house has a visitor. My contractor told me the main meter box was gone, he went to ask the neighbour whether they saw any stranger came in. They said no. And not very sure who went to report to police.

Policemen came and end up the contractor has to give some 'coffee money'. Very funny, lost the item, still have to give 'coffee money'. The Contractor only informed the guard and the neighbour. Don't know who make the report.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi!

My house now under renovation. Last two days was holiday at JB. My house has a visitor. My contractor told me the main meter box was gone, he went to ask the neighbour whether they saw any stranger came in. They said no. And not very sure who went to report to police.

Policemen came and end up the contractor has to give some 'coffee money'. Very funny, lost the item, still have to give 'coffee money'. The Contractor only informed the guard and the neighbour. Don't know who make the report.

if i remembered correctly , u bought a subsale in ND right ? why would such thing happened if there are ppl staying there ?
Why contractor need to pay coffee money ?

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brothas and sistas living in JB but shuttling to-and-from work via the Causeway every weekday, how long does it take to clear both CIQ each way? I know travel-times vary during the day, so do share your personal experiences. I am planning to move in 3 years' time when my place completes and depending on how stressful the daily commute is going to be, I may decide to just lay back and become a bummer instead...

thmejlfm

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not very sure. Yes, you are right. So far, only one family stayed beside mine,then two units down, another family. So, at night, is very quiet. I am also not very sure why he has to pay the 'coffee money'.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not very sure. Yes, you are right. So far, only one family stayed beside mine,then two units down, another family. So, at night, is very quiet. I am also not very sure why he has to pay the 'coffee money'.

unable to check the cameras from ND security side ?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

This is very strange, i would report this straightaway to the township, no contractor worth his salt would pay coffee money for no reason unless its to get the police to "expedite" the investigation but this is still very strange indeed. Please keep us updated.

Also for folks who has new houses, please block up your 2nd floor toilets, run some water on the floor and ensure the floor in the bathroom is in a "flooded" state, come back next day to see if there are leaks.

Get the developer to rectify if you come back and notice water marks on the first floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.