• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
My concern is the herd instinct/mentality of Singaporeans on reading such published articles and flood the market, driving up prices artificially in the hopes of making a quick profit (now with the measures in place on capital gains tax, will likely reduce such occurrences) and depriving those who actually wish to own a home in JB.

Bro 2bfree. Agree, thats why hopefully any such rises in prices be stable and gradual rather than just a sharp spike but like what alnine has said, hard for some of their mindsets to change.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
The banker who did my loan told me he comes to Singapore often for home loan. But that day he was here to meet me had 2 others who are SPRs. One was a house wife whose hubby was in China. As I said most Singaporeans at least in my circle still have lots of concerns with JB.

Yes, thats why prices are still like that, its hard for mindsets to change, even after a few years.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
bro arsenal,

I will agree. This has got to be true. Otherwise the foreign quota would have been maxed out long ago in most G&G developments in Nusajaya..

The tide is starting to change though. Suddenly this week , Singaporean office colleagues start to talk about investing in Iskandar at lunch. This is the first time it has become the main topic of discussion. The Sunday article of expats doing it has changed perceptions....

Maybe is a complex conspiracy to drive out foreigners from Singapore.... ;P. but those who have vested interest here got reasons to smile.

Agree, the quota is still the means to limit and is there for a reason. Good for those vested early on. Back when i was coming in, there was a lady who had a property in Johore. I gave her my 1 cent worth to keep it but she said she was selling and laughed at me for being naive about JB properties ever going up. An elderly local gent who has a unit in Perling, i urged him to keep it back then, today his unit is worth double.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone mentioned before just look at the list of members who own properties in JB and the ones with multiple properties are mostly Malaysians.

It's very the common sense.... Malaysians no need to buy above rm 500k, they can buy at discounts some more! Anybody also can buy many properties if there is no restrictions like for our case!

Want to blame price shooting up, blame the one who restrict foreigners to buy only RM500k above!
If they increase to rm1 million, everyone here will be very happy! U know I know ok Liao !!!:smile:

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
really ah so quiet?

But then , i am fine with price stagnate/drop or rise.

Looking to complete purchase in HH so now renting out for a year. Primarily for own stay then rental income.

My aim is to leave at least 1 property to each kid in the end and cant quite do it in spore/ take a very loooooong time to do it, but HH or nusajaya gives me that possibility to realize the dream.

Price drop- can buy 1 more? less people will come and hence less traffic/crowd?

Price increase- your assets increase in value.

Bro can ask how many kids have u?

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi MsTrii, i think there are so many better things we can do in life.
Meantime, are you planning to come back to MY permanently?

Yes my good sir, thaz the way to think n forge on ahead in life. Avoid all aggressive n ill meaning creatures.Keep them far, far away , out of sight n out of mind. Meanwhile be kinder to yourself n enjoy the good things n loved ones around u.

As for me, apologies if I gave u the impression that I m overseas somewhere . I m firmly grounded in MY , no other home elsewhere .Just that I m not from Johor state n embarrassing to say , its very foreign to me :o I m the proverbial 'katak di bawah tempurung' ( frog under coconut shell) -i.e. dont travel much for some personal reasons but I will be moving to Nusajaya soon when all my new property matters there are settled.

Anyway, charge on Wuqi n smile a lot. Stay healthy, safe n happy with your loved ones.Remember family comes first :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
The banker who did my loan told me he comes to Singapore often for home loan. But that day he was here to meet me had 2 others who are SPRs. One was a house wife whose hubby was in China. As I said most Singaporeans at least in my circle still have lots of concerns with JB.

Yes, I have shared Iskandar with a lot of folks in my circle and office. Mostly, it is the foreigners (SG PRs) who have actually ventured out there, some have bought properties. The latest one being a German PR, who just closed a 1 acre land at LF. Most of my Singaporean friends and colleagues are still not biting.

I also monitor a facebook page by MISS (Malaysia Investor in Singapore Soil). Seems like most members are still focusing on KL, Penang, some recent interest in Malacca. There is actually a lot of interests, posts on some of the developments in JB town based on the upcoming MRT. However, Nusajaya is just beginning to be mentioned by only one or two folks.

Last edited:

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why I stated "on personal grounds".

I am extremely traditional/conservative since I also don't subscribe to car/renovation/credit card loans. Which probably explains why I am not up-to-the-times and nor a happening chap :biggrin:

Sorry, I might have misinterpreted what you meant. From what you said above, do you mean that people should buy properties with full cash instead of getting a loan(as in leveraging)?

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's a strange way to love your countrymen, at the expense of personal capital gains :smile:

I never belittle or look down on those who purchase units here. In fact, I hope the prices remain reasonable so that those who really want to have a home in JB are not priced out of the market by opportunists.

If you want to love Singaporeans, buy another investment property.. Then you will pray more singaporeans will come.. Unfortunately so far you only manage to get the poor ones like us... Those rich one will not come..and are too scared to come over...it is already in their brain that here is a cowboy town.. Moreover in Singapore there are unlimited supply of cheap foreign labours to service them.. And there are tonnes of rules to welcome them and make the happy..

However if you want to be financially free, buy properties in a growing place..so that you can be free one day.

Foreigners come and make money easily from the singapore public housing... Singaporean will not buy and compete with locals here for the public housing.. I have never made a cent from HDB..and if I want to complain, I ll blame the govt and not the foreigners.. Foreigners are welcome to buy private properties in Singapore. If you don't love Singaporeans because you have no vested interests, do remember many vested SPRs love us a lot..

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HI my fellow brother Investor,

The best are those Malaysians who stay in ulu places or kampong and plan to retire there. Example Teluk Intan, Batu Pahat etc.

They work in Singapore and maybe even got private properties. They buy up a few semis or bungalows in iskandar.

After ten years, they can sell off all their spore and iskandar properties and with about RM20million in their pocket, retire back to their kampong which cost just RM50k.

Damn jealous of them. Its time i find a kampong girl as my mistress!

Everyone has their own preferences. For me, if I have SGD20 mil, I will not stay in a Kampung.

I like nice living environment, designer decor home, supercars, penthouse, marina homes right beside the sea with yacht, good food etc. In short, all the finer things in life. Yah of course the frugal ones will be frowning with distaste now but I don't live my life by other people's standard.

Such a character might appear to be atas and uncaring but you are wrong. I consider myself quite kind hearted. I always pity those poor and handicap/blind people who struggle to make a living by moving around selling tissues or other stuffs, or old man who still need to work as toilet cleaner, or poor ones from 3rd world countries who need to go abroad to work and be separated from their family just to make that few hundred dollars for their family at home.

As long as they are not lazy and they are willing to work, I'm willing to help them with my few dollars. I never fail to buy tissue from every handicap tissue-seller with my little $2 each although they sell for $1. Also $2 for those blind ones who sing and perform at bus/MRT interchange. RM5 tip for those Thai massage aunties in Johor. My max. So far was S$10 for such poor strangers. Of course many here donates much more to charity organizations which dwarf my few dollars. I believe more in helping those poor ones directly as their smiles of appreciation never fail to make my day.

Hongqigong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice to see folks here with good heart.. Maybe that is why we are here

Very good heart indeed. I remembered when i was really poor and working as a deliveryman for a laundry factory in tuas, i came across an poor auntie selling tissues along orchard underpass. Gave her $40 which was my daily salary and took two packets of tissues.

I will never forget the pitiful and ernest look from her face while i was strolling away, she was so thankful of my gesture. Now whenever i walked past that same area, she was not there anymore. I seriously hope she has earned enough to rest at home.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
When buying from unfamiliar developer or especially certain highrise type of development, try to always get a
bank loan.

It can be a very very low loan and you can choose to repay it after 1-3 years but do get a loan. Use the bank
processes as a form of "insurance".

Aside from the fact that you establish your financial records here, the other benefit is that, as the bank is the
one coming out with the funds, they will do their due dilligence. They have local information and access to certain
information which you may not given their local knowledge, certain insider information as well as uncovering things
during their financial process.

Certain things may be missed out if one pays in cash and it becomes investor versus the developer which in the
distant past, was not a good thing, financially and legal process wise.

If one buys with a loan from the bank, the bank will do valuation and everything including checks on claims/liens
to the land, etc which in a way, does safeguard ones interests.

If something does go wrong halfway, at least you won't lose your money at one go, if multiple banks refuses a
loan application or inform you to not to touch it, you can then just walk away and at most lost your deposit.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
That is why I stated "on personal grounds".

I am extremely traditional/conservative since I also don't subscribe to car/renovation/credit card loans. Which probably explains why I am not up-to-the-times and nor a happening chap :biggrin:

I seriously beg to differ on the last sentence in your case. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.