• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Makes me think of this song:-

Thanks Cathy, very true. Regarding the no free lunch theory, i am actually just paying back to society what it has given me.

The nameless lorry drivers, taxi drivers, people i met in the streets as well as good people around me who gave me a break when i needed it.

Especially to a lady outside my family who i can never repay in this lifetime, who helped me out with financing my studies when no one else in the family would. The kindness i have received, i will treasure and remember it.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Today went pretty well, may be involved in some new business initiative (NON-AGENT) I can assure you.
Good bro brought me to Pelangi for very delicious claypot rice, have to try to believe. Extremely nice.

The beehoon they bought back for me was also very nice with fried pork etc. Makes me think of my moms
cooking. Excellent excellent stuff.

By the way, i would humbly think, a good test of a prata (roti canai) skills is to ask for roti "tambal" and have
them cook it for you. Or the prata with cheese and mushrooms, yum yum.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi friends, with Persada coming up next weekend, I am worried about having to make heavy commitment in order to secure good prices in one weekend. Then I suddenly realised that I am assuming that it will be cheaper in Persada. Is it really? Can negotiations outside of Persada bring same low prices? If so, it will help me spread out my expenses even on essentials like dry kitchen, at my own time.. I would appreciate any good experiences here (wuqi sir, hope you let this air a moment in main page before moving to renovations thread because Persada is just a week away)

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
hi friends, with Persada coming up next weekend, I am worried about having to make heavy commitment in order to secure good prices in one weekend. Then I suddenly realised that I am assuming that it will be cheaper in Persada. Is it really? Can negotiations outside of Persada bring same low prices? If so, it will help me spread out my expenses even on essentials like dry kitchen, at my own time.. I would appreciate any good experiences here (wuqi sir, hope you let this air a moment in main page before moving to renovations thread because Persada is just a week away)

No worries, out of respect for you sir, this post will remain. :smile:
Normally it is the month before Hari Raya that we really see great discounts though but i am sure you can negotiate something.
Yes, if you are able to get the direct guys who will be doing the job. In fact, if you spend a bit of time in Perling area, i am sure
you can save some money already.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
By the way, found a new place to buy water fountain, house or industrial use water pumps and at good prices. Its at the Cowboy store at Kulai Centrepoint. They even have TCM cups used for cupping, very good for old folks or to maintain good health.

- No relations with any Kulai Centrepoint tenants or with the Cowboy store, its shareholders or the landlord.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Although i am Hokkien, sometimes in reflection, i would like to listen to my fav canto songs of which there are many.
This is one of them.

Some kind soul put down the lyrics in Mandarin:
??????????? ??????? ??????? ??????????? ??????? ???????

???????? ??????? ??????????? ??????? ??????? ???? ??????????? ??????? ??????? ??????? ???????

I will attempt in my broken english to translate it here:

Hard to differentiate between truth or falsehood, behind a persons face may lie cunning intentions, HOW MANY CAN SHARE THEIR WEALTH WHEN THEY ARE SUCCESSFUL, even a dripping drop of water has to be fairly divided. Ignorant frog in a well (thats me). Hope in vain to add value to ones voice. Only to achieve nothing from the dazzle it saw. Who would have known such a luxurious house, would one day become a pile of broken bricks.

If its fated, it will come eventually. If it was not foreordained, do not force oneself. While the thunderstorm and wind rages, there is no need to fear or panic. A conscience clear and ones heart pure, doing good deeds and for ones karma is happiest indeed.

People are like sand in the sea, so do not be too attached (to things). One can see with the breaking of dawn, fame and fortune like mists evaporate.
One can see with the breaking of dawn, fame and fortune like mists evaporate.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Another one, this one by one of my fav singers (sadly passed on so young)

My 2 cents worth of translation
(please forgive and point out where i translated in error)

The cycle of cold and warmth never breaks,
turning back, how many autumn has already passed?

Searching earnestly for but yet was lost,
never thought it was always in my hands

I got nothing in the end, never really able to
relate about gain, loss or mistakes

Just heard and saw/wished for, then inevitably change comes
Never know where to start (to pursue)

What does one want in life? How to differentiate
when to let go and when to hold on?

Exhausted my entire life, not even near to (touching)
it, it has already ran off.

What does one want in life? In the uncertainty (of life),
never able to really see through things.

Never knew that which i have lost, was actually all that i had.

Repeat

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal
My 2 cents worth of translation
(please forgive and point out where i translated in error)

M a yellow banana :o but shared your songs n translation wif Chinese ed someone who said they were excellent translations. Btw,good sir your English is excellent too. Great to 'see' your humour again in some recent posts. Nevertheless do make time to take off for that vacation n do nothing but relax n recharge.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
image.jpg

Looks like bungalow and villa prices in east ledang, leisure farm will shoot up again

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
M a yellow banana :o but shared your songs n translation wif Chinese ed someone who said they were excellent translations. Btw,good sir your English is excellent too. Great to 'see' your humour again in some recent posts. Nevertheless do make time to take off for that vacation n do nothing but relax n recharge.

Thanks, glad you find it ok. Your friend is too kind. I was a banana too until my secondary 2 days when my Chinese teacher criticized me and told me this, no matter how good your English ever becomes, how western your thinking or outlook is, you will always be a Chinese in the eyes of others.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Today, went to help out my relatives and helped them to negotiate for a property, managed to get about a significant difference because of my relationship with the developer. Yesterday, went with good bro as a team to negotiate about commercial units, he successfully negotiated about almost 50k off. Very proud of him as developer really gave everyone face.

Back to my case, despite getting a huge discount for my relatives, they were still hesitant and took their time, etc. It took more than 3 hours before they finally made up their minds about it. I could not wait further and went for breakfast as it was 2pm by then and when i came back, the relatives got a loaner car from the boss and went for breakfast, felt bad and grateful to the developer at the same time as not everyone would bother. They forgot to bring our phone as well with their numbers and the developer guys gamely lent them a phone as well as car to go out for food.

Only thing was, got some snide remarks from some of the sales folks whom i offended severely when getting cheques back for people who were not really confirmed about buying. Got back 2 cheques in total and hurt my relationship with them in the process but luckily one of them understands where i am coming from and knows i was played out as well so thankfully he still helped out this time.

Advertised for a good bro for his semi-d and got an European couple in touch with them directly and introduced them, when the time comes for money matters, i excused myself and left quietly.

Was quite down the last few days as i felt sad about some family matters, then a good bro shared with me this. At least you can help out so and so, in my case, this person left for so many years, where do i even find him, how do i know he is doing well or having warm food or a shelter over his head? I may be well to do but what can i do for him. I felt very touched, he has really deep feelings for this relative of his, i felt bad for him and knew he was really noble and far more caring than i can ever be. Deep respect.

How many of us truly care for one another, even in the family? It seems kindness always starts last in ones family. I have asked this many years before, have you hugged your father/mother today? If not, please do so before it is too late, we are all here just like the bloom of a flower and thereafter fading fast.

What do we want to be remembered for before we breathe our last? Our degrees/masters/PHD? Our job title however grandiose? Our power at work and in life? The number of zeros in our bank account or how about the size/number of ones houses or cars? What good is a car if it cannot be used to help others? What good are the many rooms a house have if it cannot be used to house ones loved ones or those who one care about?

No one puts these on the tombstone as it is almost always written by those who you meant the most to. You are almost always remembered as a spouse, mother, a father, a son or a daughter and of course, in some ways, a brother or sister.

No one puts any titles, certifications or titles on them for after the fitful struggle in life, everything that one possesses are automatically revoked at the point of death. \
Do something with your life, it is never too late to help, at least not until the coffin lid closes for good.

nesta0013

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do we want to be remembered for before we breathe our last? Our degrees/masters/PHD? Our job title however grandiose? Our power at work and in life? The number of zeros in our bank account or how about the size/number of ones houses or cars? What good is a car if it cannot be used to help others? What good are the many rooms a house have if it cannot be used to house ones loved ones or those who one care about?

No one puts these on the tombstone as it is almost always written by those who you meant the most to. You are almost always remembered as a spouse, mother, a father, a son or a daughter and of course, in some ways, a brother or sister.

No one puts any titles, certifications or titles on them for after the fitful struggle in life, everything that one possesses are automatically revoked at the point of death.
Do something with your life, it is never too late to help, at least not until the coffin lid closes for good.

Well said bro.
Live life to the fullest.
And stay happy everyday.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well said wuqi bro. Even if u hv very impt deadline or projects or work related matters. Family IS most important. You only hv one Mum and Dad ie. 1 family n u cant replace them. Neva use work ad excuse not to be with ur loved ones in their time of need.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Family is the most important, as long as we stay the course, i hope to be able to let go off a high paying, high stress and high availability job (meaning i am always on standby) and take care of my family especially my mom and grandmother more. It gets a bit old working on all the major holidays especially Christmas and New year and even had to have a laptop on and replying emails when my wife was in labour. Very hard to keep everything together and be there for them at the same time. I had a hard time especially this quarter but managed to put in some good numbers and overtook a team in EMEA through sheer good luck and hard work.

We are all replacable at work but never can there be a son/daughter, father/mother, sister/brother who can be hired to fill your role in life. I am very actively encouraging my family not to be like trains but rather be like cars instead.

Trains are good in their own way and have strict schedule and may be able to travel faster than cars through some areas but they are not flexible. If a track is damaged, thats it for the train as it will likely not be able to go through without major changes or affecting others. They may be able to change to some tracks but they react too slow and lack flexibility. Be more like a car instead or someone who can switches from car, bus, taxi, walking, riding. Be able and open to explore new solutions is always a challenge but i hope i can help them overcome at least some of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
View attachment 6770

Looks like bungalow and villa prices in east ledang, leisure farm will shoot up again

2yrs ago lots of news on Singaporean buying houses in JB . Now we get news that expats , buying houses in JB . I am quite sure the next news will be PRC and companies also moving to JB . Maybe one day the White Pappies will be moving to JB too when they finally sell away the last Citizenship to foreigners ! Sad Sad .....:(

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
2yrs ago lots of news on Singaporean buying houses in JB . Now we get news that expats , buying houses in JB . I am quite sure the next news will be PRC and companies also moving to JB . Maybe one day the White Pappies will be moving to JB too when they finally sell away the last Citizenship to foreigners ! Sad Sad .....:(

They are already here, way before many of us in fact. Some of them were already investing in malls, etc Many companies are already moving over here. I was one of those first surprised, shocked and then convinced to join them. I shared with bros/friends as well as some forummers here and we all went in.

Link below, this was from 2011, a more recent document. Strangely, the earlier links i posted back (about this consortium) then about this were all removed/defunct:

http://network.asiaone.com/gallery/2011/WhosWhoInProperty_IA111031/PDF/Page 32.pdf

Johor’s foremost developer, Tanah Sutera Development Sdn Bhd, is a joint
venture company that was formed from the collaboration among Singapore
and Malaysia consortiums – Singapore-backed companies Keppel Land,
CapitaLand and Lee Rubber
, and Malaysia’s Permodalan Nasional Berhad
(PNB), Lembaga Tabung Angkatan Tentera (LTAT) and Prime Site Sdn Bhd.

Established in 1990, Tanah Sutera Development Sdn Bhd has developed its
freehold land bank of over 1,300 acres into two major townships – Taman
Sutera and Taman Sutera Utama. Both lie in the heart of Iskandar Malaysia,
a development corridor in southern Johor
. Their strategic location ensures
quick reach to the Main Causeway by car in just 15 minutes, and to the
Second Link / Tuas in an equally short time. Getting to other important
destinations like Pasir Gudang Port, Senai Airport and Pelabuhan Tanjung
Pelepas (PTP) Port is an easy commute via the Pasir Gudang Highway and
North South Highway, also just mere minutes away.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Well said bro.
Live life to the fullest.
And stay happy everyday.

Thank you, life may be cut short for some of us but i hope there will be others who can see it through. I would like to see others succeed where i failed or when i am gone.

Too often though i see people drinking excessively or purposely doing something to punish themselves. I see them being rude to others so as to alleviate their own pain and loathing of themselves. Be gentle with yourself, forgive yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.