• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
What I have read before is that the MM2H deposit could be spent on buying home and probably other things. I didn't verify the information then.

Can withdraw most of it for housing but for car i heard they were withdrawing at some point.

MM2H participants are allowed to withdraw partial of the required Fixed Deposit from the second year onwards (RM50,000 for aged 50 years and above) / (RM150,000 for aged 50 years and below) for approved expenses related to house purchase, car purchase, education for children in Malaysia and medical purposes. They have to maintain the balanced RM100,000 (for aged 50 years and above) / RM150,000 (for aged 50 years and below) of Fixed Deposit until they terminate from MM2H Programme.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Maybe weekend stay ok lah. But mthly with U-turn stay discourage lah.

Been here the last 10 years, maybe so far have been lucky, family have never encountered any issues at immigration. We never overstayed and made sure we go out every 2 weeks or so for errands, etc. Do remember U-turn at Causeway crossing is highly discouraged and one must report and fill out forms at the immigration office there in order to proceed. No issue at the other border crossing at 2nd link.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Luck lah bro.

I know of a Sporean who work as security officer. Northern Spore. Practically every day went back JB cos he and his friends rent an apt at permas jaya. So far so good.

Ya lah. Maybe when he hit 7 years stay better be on alert.:notworthy:

Our SG passport expires every 5 years, if without MACS and someone goes in and out daily, the passport will not be usable within a year of daily travel (full) and needs to be replaced. As new passport have new numbers, it will be hard to keep track of specific individuals so years is not an issue but overstaying is.

Please beware of people who claimed they have stayed here 7 years. I still have old records from the previous forum which some individual showed their colours and later admitted never having stayed in Malaysia before. I have been away but it doesn't mean i don't remember.

Validity

The new BioPass is valid for 5 years. If your existing passport carries a remaining validity of 9 months or less, the remaining validity of your passport will be carried over to your new passport. In such a case, your new passport will have a validity period of 5 years, plus the remaining validity of your old passport. However, if your existing passport has more than 9 months' validity, your new passport will have a validity period of 5 years and 9 months.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
To the SG property agents here:

No one is trying to take your business away. You should be enjoying a roaring business and although there is a new government here now, properties will not become attractive suddenly, at least not for foreigners.

I am still in the IT line and have stepped away from any property business since 2015. All my energies have been spent on my work, helping out at school, helping others, crypto and taking care of family members.

The new government is already not very welcoming and there is no need to make people more fearful. Uncertainties will always abound in life. (无常)
whether it be in our own land or not. As it is, even our own HDBs have problems of their own. There are already a lot of restrictions and protective policies for property in Malaysia so don't need to spread further fear here.

Those who knows the market well will not be fearful, those who do not have other places to explore anyway (Batam/Thailand, etc) and those who always have fear in their hearts will never start in the first place. We are a nation of migrants and although i have been to a few countries, nothing tames my restless heart like this land here. I really enjoyed it here and thankful to the government and especially HRM the Johor Sultan for encouraging the races to live and work well together.

Until the day they come to my home to send my lifeless body back, i am here for the long haul. I love this land, one of my kids was born here and i have made many many friends here. I cannot imagine life without being in Malaysia, it was extremely tough the past 4 years for me and being in Malaysia helped tremendously.

People absconded with my and others money, family members shirking their commitments, retrenchment, wife's business difficulties, injuries and family members having serious illnesses.

Day to day i have to pick up the pieces and commitment and facing the issues squarely. Being forced to learn new tricks, taking long haul buses, selling most of my cars, boats, i have learned how much i can still do and what i am made of.

After weathering all of this, turning my back on the hardships and counting them as my battle scars, in the end, i am still here.

HDB
https://www.todayonline.com/singapo...ts-which-involves-serious-trade-offs-lawrence
http://propertyupdate.com.sg/index....onsidered-an-asset-which-can-generate-wealth/
http://propertyupdate.com.sg/index....orm-your-depreciating-hdb-flat-into-an-asset/

Malaysia not welcoming to foreigners
https://www.straitstimes.com/world/malaysia-joins-global-curbs-on-foreigners-buying-homes
http://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/foreigners-not-welcome-malaysia-joins-property-clampdown
https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/s...foreign-buyers-only-finance-minister-lim-says

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Dear all, for those who need to change their tyres soon, please be aware that it will be until November (for most shops) at least before new prices hits the tyre prices so it is a good time to change. I just got to know this from friends in the business.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all, for those who need to change their tyres soon, please be aware that it will be until November (for most shops) at least before new prices hits the tyre prices so it is a good time to change. I just got to know this from friends in the business.

where ? I think i need to change tyre.

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya Wuqi, glad to see your posts!
Happy that you still fighting and overcoming your challenges!
Please continue to share your wisdom.

MsPiggyy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Glad to see you here, bro!

Jio ikani to come online lei and we can organise a sinkies' gathering in JB. :roflmao::laugh::geek:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Thank you Walker, still very much in love with this land even though sometimes i do get some racist stuff here and there, i take it in my stride.

I continue to hold lifts and doors open for people even when they just breeze by without even a nod or push out my trolley to fit theirs into the lift. I just take the next lift.
I do it for their kids and babies, not for them, if they do not know gratitude because of my race or different religion, it is on them, not me. I just do my part as a human being.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Experience to share, if suddenly your ground floor unit has a ceiling leak, do not just assume that its because of the ground floor ceiling pipe.
Just had a severe leaking issue (was made worse by the repair uncle unfortunately) where it was actually the pump pipe connecting to the 2nd floor which was leaking.
If it leaks in the toilet walls itself, the water is mostly contained but if it leaks into the bricks core, the water will just go down to the ground floor and cause further damage there. Luckily i managed to check from past experience so its always a good thing to check the floor above to determine the water source and then fix it from the top first. Many assume it was the sewage pipe leaking water and will just fix the ceiling on the ground floor only to find that the leak persists.

Common problems
1. Rainwater (displaced tiles/leakage)
2. Water from the tank (overflow pipe problem)
3. Water pump issues
4. Sewage pipe issues

When in doubt, turn off the mains and then also the water pump BEFORE doing repairs. An old uncle forgot to do any of these and costs me 3 lamps, water heaters and fans, all flooded. Not to mentioned he accidentally broke one of the pipes while repairing and turned my ground floor area into a rainforest. Had such a hard time fixing back and worst especially at quarter end.

Car also had issues and it turned out that when we were servicing the vehicle, the service guys accidentally broke one of the clamp fasteners for the turbo. Ended up the car kept dying halfway and my wife and myself had to cancel her work day to limp it and get it back to the workshop. The car couldn't even start but i tried to cut down on all of the electronics/aircon and it finally started after the 6th try but died almost immediately. I had to maintain a steady pressure on the accelerator to get it going to the workshop. On the way, as i could not move faster than 30kmph, i turned on my lights as well as hazard light and kept to the left lane just in case it breaks down and obstruct traffic. (I rather inconvenience others on the left then ever on the right)

At first the workshop guys were suspicious of us but after opening the hood, immediately they were very apologetic and nice. All the air filter etc were in disarray and clearly someone had removed, cleaned the filter and forgot to put ANYTHING back. Plus one large clamp was broke in the removal process. In the end, they fixed a temporary clamp on it and took it back. Their supervisor even drove to my place after to fix an original clamp. Turns out that their new guy had removed the clamp in error and didn't know how to put it back.

Lessons learnt, no matter how much you trust your car workshop. Always be there at least part of the way especially before the hood gets slammed closed.
If there are sounds, vibrations or laggy issues with acceleration, soft brakes, do not drive home but drive back immediately leave it at the workshop for them to investigate.

There is actually a very strong consumer protection organization (much stronger than ours) here for which the customer almost always wins (the customer needs to be right though, forgive the pun). Trying to turn a very difficult day around.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
u all know that they gonna increase the property ownership from 1 million to 3 million?

Are you referring to Penang or parts of Selangor (KL) where it is already 2million (landed)? You can still get landed property for 1m in Johor, its going to be harder for foreigners to be able to buy landed property in Malaysia thats for sure.

http://epu.gov.my/en/en/sites/default/files/GP%20EPUJPM%20-%20English%202014.pdf
Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 11.07.24 PM.png

ElfieFay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thankyou.. Wuqi.. for all your sharing.. I just joined this site last year n am trying to read n gather as much info as possible n am always learning.. n Wuqi has been here in this site since many many years ago n is still sharing your sincere experiences with us.. just want to say a very sincere thankyou to u.. God bless u always..

Sincerely, Elfie

Status
Not open for further replies.