• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Traffic snarl at Woodlands checkpoint after Malaysian driver sneaked into Singapore
Published on Jan 22, 2014 12:40 PM
By Derrick Ho

Singapore-bound traffic on the Causeway was crawling at noon on Wednesday, a day after police and immigration authorities said a Malaysian woman motorist managed to sneak into Singapore at the checkpoint by tailgating a vehicle.

Traffic cameras showed a jam on the Causeway on the side leading into Singapore, while traffic in the opposite direction was smooth.

At the Tuas checkpoint, traffic in both directions appeared smooth.

In a statement on Tuesday, the police and Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) said they were going to review their security systems and work processes at the checkpoints to prevent a recurrence.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...heckpoint-after-malaysian-driver-sneaked-sing

http://www.jalanow.com/johor-singapore-live-traffic-cam.htm

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Coz childrens sch. Not sure can tahan in~ out jam on daily basis.

Iv planted quite a few veg n harvested ready like :
okra,
lime,
lemon,
guava,
papaya,
passionfruit
kang kong
mint
curry leaf
laksa leaf
banana
radish
spinach
mexican corriander
some mulberries
mango
chiku
custard apple
waiting for my starfruit harvest
tomato harvest lousy

very messy garden with no system at all

if not staying there got to plant something easy like those in public parks ,very little care needed. why not staying ?

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Coz childrens sch. Not sure can tahan in~ out jam on daily basis.

Iv planted quite a few veg n harvested ready like :
okra,
lime,
lemon,
guava,
papaya,
passionfruit
kang kong
mint
curry leaf
laksa leaf
banana
radish
spinach
mexican corriander
some mulberries
mango
chiku
custard apple
waiting for my starfruit harvest
tomato harvest lousy

very messy garden with no system at all

wolau, i think u should change yr nick to farmer instead , can even quit job to be full time farmer .
My new yr wish especially for you is Have a golden harvest !

Last edited:

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thx Jason, I'm utilising the min space to max.

I even hv more plants but I'LL PROBABLY BORE MOST FOLKS HERE so I better shut up.

Thx. Wishing u a Bountiful year ahead blessed with $$$$$$$$$$.

My garden still WIP.

I remember you talking of ur garden.

ever since I was interested in the auto watering system etc etc

wolau, i think u should change yr nick to farmer instead , can even quit job to be full time farmer .
My new yr wish especially for you is Have a golden heavest !

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yi Xiang was a pretty good nursery.

They used to supply to Singapore nurseries including World Farm

They had a pretty good, wide n vast selection of plants.

Yet to find something even close to it in sheer terms of size.

Oic in Permas, never heard of it actually haha.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never ever stick it in the ground. Happened to me the first time and it was too long ago for my dad to remember. We stuck a mini rocket onto the ground and watched while the fuse burnt until BOOM it exploded in front of us. Luckily it was a small one but it was enough to scare us hahaha. Another time someone lit one which was actually faulty so instead of flying up, it flew like a mini cruise missile before exploding right outside a neighbours house.

Thanks for the advice Wuqi.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo, you guys never play fire crackers/works before? Anywhere also can play one la, just be smart about it. And neighbors are usually very understanding during this period, if they are Chinese chances are they will play even more.
Every year me and my brother will pool money to buy those big ones (powerful enough that the ground shakes, 100 shots, RM1.5k) and set them off at 12.00am, the taman kids actually cycle around to catch the showtime from us and the surrounding houses. CNY is just the best!!!

Yes, never for me haha. Just curious, the powerful ones need to be how far away from cars to be safe? 100 shots means can fire 100 times? Or one time 1.5k?

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last nite, weekday 9.30pm returning back to SG took 1 hr in sg custom , becoz of a MENTAL PROBLEM woman case.
WTH , better think twice if gg on this weekends!
jammed at boots checking area , officer placed a cone infront of 1 car , checked boot then removed cone and placed cone to check another car !

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last nite, weekday 9.30pm returning back to SG took 1 hr in sg custom , becoz of a MENTAL PROBLEM woman case.
jammed at boots checking area , officer placed a cone infront of 1 car , checked boot then removed cone and placed cone to check another car !

Are they looking for more mental patients hiding, or checking mental conditions of car passengers?:biggrin:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
ERPn.jpg

haha , this is so true !

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha , this is so true !

Haha, the MRT will take billions to update the signaling and electrical systems. My guess is all the taxes and fares will have to go up to pay for them. This is after billions of dollars for the new MRT trains and patch work upgrading of system and tracks. The previous CEO and her gang escaped without any punishments for inflicting severe damage to the public transport system. It will haunt all MRT commuters for the next 5-10 years.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

You got to ask what are they checking for.

If this is to go on, the officer from ICA will be under lots of mental and physical stresses.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
if not staying there got to plant something easy like those in public parks ,very little care needed. why not staying ?

a home is a home leh not public places , why plant those public plants .... some owners really quite bad taste in gardening .... spent so much but garden looks like .........

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
An election manifesto that Singaporeans can only dream of....

Updated: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 09:03:53 GMT | By The Malaysian Insider : Business
Cars cheaper by up to 30% over next 5 years under new automotive policy, says minister

".........

We cannot force car prices to be reduced but we believe in competition and in line with our election manifesto, we remain committed to the 20% - 30% reduction.

"I have been asked in Parliament why the car prices are still high, we have told them it cannot happen immediately but it will happen in five years," he said.

He said more new models and variants will be introduced at competitive prices this year, pointing out that models such as Saga SV, Persona SV, Viva, Alza and MyVi S series, Honda Jazz and Nissan Almera were introduced at reduced prices of between 3% and 17%.

These models accounted for 30% of market share last year.

......"

http://news.malaysia.msn.com/tmi/ca...ars-under-new-automotive-policy-says-minister

Status
Not open for further replies.