• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Met up with a few good people as well as had a bad experience at Kinsahi recently in Bukit Indah (went there for lunch on my special day)

A very good Chinese TCM physician, his clinic is at his home at:
22, Jalan makmur 44(lunch 12-1.30pm, closed on Thu), its very near Nusa Bestari. Very competent and kind. He knows the Wu Qin Xi (5 animals play or exercise) as well as other Qigong and gave us advice on health.

Cool! Thanks for the info Wuqi kor kor, will pull my mama there. View attachment 8917
The place is near Taman Nusa Bestari Jaya, but at Taman Damai Jaya, main road is Jalan Aman.

Checked out the location before sending old mama there (finally agreed to go..:*:smile:.
young n old will say "are we there yet.." if e journey is not smooth/far.. (Fainted), then u'll hardly take them again. :p

how's yr mana treatments, wuqi kor kor?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
马来西亚决定暂时不提高外国人买房地产限制.
Malaysia decided not to increase the limit foreigners to buy real estate.

Good move. Push to another new high..:biggrin:

This news confirm is true? I thought got rumours to increase Foreign State Consent fee, is this true?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
After living here for 5 years, while not forgetting my good bros still in SG, i remain very humbled by and truly thankful to the good friends i got to know here.

Be it ample business opportunities, exceptional property deals or even unexpected offers of investments/loans, etc when some of my funds were held up. Silently assisting from the background from a bro (paying out money on my behalf and didn't tell me his funds still there) to offers of assistance of a very large sum. Then offers to share in a certain type of property which subsequently appreciated.

Here, i have friends who were more than willing to lend me houses/condos when i was in KL/Malacca/Pahang. One even loaned one of his houses to another good friend of mine as a holiday home. How many friends can one even hope to count on in times of need? Not forgetting my SG friends as well who always stood by me and also offered to help in the past.

Now, when someone knows of some developments, suddenly called me just now and offered an extremely large sum from his family to help out. His entire family wants to help. Though i politely refused, still very grateful for their offers of assistance.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
This news confirm is true? I thought got rumours to increase Foreign State Consent fee, is this true?

Mr Frodo, 马来西亚决定暂时不提高外国人买房地产限制. it will become real. :biggrin:

"One Ring to Rule Them All. One Ring to Find Them. One Ring to Bring Them All and In The Darkness Bind Them."

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Some of my friends schooling their kids in the mandatory art of the light saber.
:P

Mandatory.jpg

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wuqi

Gd to hear that , i doubt yr friends are known from this forum right ?

Most of my closest friends are actually ex colleagues/ex boss (now very close friend) folks who provided some form of business to me, as in lawyers, agents, bankers, developers etc. Sometimes surprised as well as folks who do not know us well even thought we were childhood friends or something.

Close enough that one will lend me his house whenever i am over in their state, i will lend him my cars for long trips, another one will lend me his boat for fishing(nowadays seldom can do this) and then times when i lend a house for some bbq events. One or two do know me from this forum, just came up to me one day and asked me if i was so and so since they felt what i do is very similar to someone they know online. I told them that there are many more who are helping out others FOC yet never get recognized or worse got misunderstood.

I am happy being the nobody that i am, hence more than glad to remain not linked in anyway to my online persona.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Btw all, there are discounts to be had in this fasting month, real sale in most places. One can get a Panasonic 1HP air con (with installation for 999 RM - 10 ft piping) and Hisense aircon for 799 (also inclusive of installation and piping but up to 6 ft only) or pretty branded air purifier at 650 RM.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Some of my staff recently requested for loans to tide them over recently and some asked for early pay plus loans from us to buy tv etc, gladly obliged as we know how important this funds is for them and their family. My wife even waived off the smaller amounts and i was proud of her for doing so. Only knew when the staff came forward to inform me if it was ok but i told them what my wife waived off is what i would waive off as well.

Sometimes its hard to do the right thing, occasionally we get accused of being hard up and accepting "rejects" or autistic/special needs children at the school. We heard the many rejections from some schools etc and empathise with their situation. Being parents ourselves, we know what it is like.

Sometimes having at least allowing the kids to mix together does foster a degree of integration and to some parents, their sharing of their repeated rejections were hard to bear given that there is a dearth of special schools in some areas. Wife was a bit sad and told me the hiring of the teacher (who knows how to take care of them) her additional pay we had to outlay wasn't even enough to cover for the additional children but yet she still got misunderstood, folks think she is accepting every kid that comes along.

Then there are parents who are having financial hardship so even though our HQ charges us regardless we receive payment or not, we still cover for them first especially when we know what they are going through. Someone has to do it so this is just our way of returning to society. A lot of times, after covering the cost of running the school, there wasn't much left.

One time i even had to sell a property cheaply just to ensure our commitment to the parents here, people who trusted and have faith in us will not be let down. We have spent a great deal of time and effort not to mention financial commitment to the school but in the end, we felt it was worth it. The sports day and last years Graduation concert we had was really interesting and seeing kids who can recite paragraphs on stage was especially moving. We had a father who has a child with special needs, at first he was very shy and acted aggressively and most times do not reply to questions or conversations. It took many months before he came out of his shell and when he was able to recite his part on stage, i saw the tears in his dads eyes. That was more than enough to spur us on. There are some things that money just can't buy.

Peace and happiness to all especially the Muslim brothers here for the fasting month.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
But this rumour go back more than one year already. So no one got inside news?

A lot of things are still in discussion. September (at the latest) should see some news being released.

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Btw all, there are discounts to be had in this fasting month, real sale in most places. One can get a Panasonic 1HP air con (with installation for 999 RM - 10 ft piping) and Hisense aircon for 799 (also inclusive of installation and piping but up to 6 ft only) or pretty branded air purifier at 650 RM.

oh , i tout there will be post raya sales leh , i yet to buy washer n tv ....

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
oh , i tout there will be post raya sales leh , i yet to buy washer n tv ....

Look for Jason. (Not related in any way and the old gent doesn't surf sammyboy for sure)

Aircon/Fans/Water heater/Air purifier/Fridge/Washing machine
Khin Guan Corporation Sdn Bhd-Perling Mall
Lot 1.22, Level 1, Perling Mall
No 3, Jalan Persisiran Perling
Taman Perling
81200 Johor Bahru
Johor
Tel : 07-2413 052
Fax : 07-2413 053

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Legoland has Ramadan buffet promotion where the park will open up to 10.00 pm on every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Promotion will ends on 4th August 2013.

You can enjoy the rides and their buffet dinner.

For annual pass holder, it is RM$45 for adult and RM$15 for child.

Have tried this and must say it is value for money for the buffet spread and annual pass holder.

Ambience and atmosphere also good for pathology for couples.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would like to put ALL on notice that I am withdrawing my recommendation on CHONG aka Louis Chong. My recent dealings with him has led me to decide and conclude that I will NOT have ANYMORE dealings with him. I have issues with his reliability and honesty. If any forummers have currently engaged him and/or are thinking of using his services PM me if you want further clarification. I apologize to those who used him and were less than satisfied with his service.
Moving forward I WILL NOT be recommending anymore contractor services on this site as I have learned a "bitter lesson".
I must also state that I DO NOT get ANYTHING from recommending the contractors.

This evening I had a surprise visit from Chong or Luis Chong with "2 friends (collect LAN CHANG)" at about 8pm. He told the security that I rang and asked him to come over! He was at the gate and tried to intimidate me and my wife to pay him the balance of the money that I was withholding from him to rectify the mess he has made. He now claims that it was the other contractors mistake and not his and that's why I was withholding the payment.
I refused to speak to him and explained to his "friends" why I was withholding the payment! I told his "friends" that I even recommended work to him, which is quite a few ( I had quite a few PM from fellow forummers, who sent me the quotes that Chong gave them, to ask me whether the quotes were OK! I have told them that it was between Chong and them and that they should discuss the quotes with Chong....!) I told guys that I had no issue with BUT Chong did not tell them everything....

I further informed "his friends" that I got the contractor who did my decking, to quote me the amount to fix the damages done by Chong's man, asking him to quote a reasonable amount as it was Chong'a men who caused he damage. The contractor informed me that the amount he quoted was for the work and material to fix the problem and that he was not making a profit as I had quite a bit of work done by him. Chong then rang the guy because he was not happy about the quote and the guy then rang me back to inform me that he " had a family and he was frightened as he has small children" to look after. He them apologised and said he was "very busy" and could not do my job! This after he quotes me for the job and wanted to know when I want him to start work!
I informed his "friends" that I can give them the contact numbers of the other contractors who have done work on my properties and they can ask them whether I have not paid the for work they did or withheld any payment after they did their work. They looked uncertain after that and my wife told me that one of the guys asked Chong, "..So now how...."l
Be warned this is how Chong will deal with his mistakes. He does not admit it and then tries to get his money through intimidation and threaten to cause grevious bodily harm!!
I went down to the Bukit Indah police station and made a complaint.
I am "washing my hands" of this chap and put all of you on Notice....!!

Status
Not open for further replies.