• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I park head-in in MY and reverse park in SG. "when in rome..." :smile:

Oh me too, got to lah, if not the driver behind will not wait patiently like in SG but will squeeze past you..I find they're more patient with reversing out, maybe becos they reverse out mah haha..

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, will share if I know how to get it. One can also withdraw all his CPF and become free!
One might also enjoy the status as a foreign talent in singapore one day:-)

.[

COLOR="#800080"][/COLOR]

Bro pls also share with us about Canada ok? Got to plan ahead also. Just like LKY said, must plan ahead! Yr friend really lucky! Education and medical free, maybe the tax very high also....

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yeah lor there should be a reason, maybe save time haha - reverse in take abit more time but 先苦后甜 easy to come out - park head in without turning the wheel still can tow away, right?

Depends also a bit on whether its rear wheel drive or front wheel drive but all can be towed/defeated in the end with enough time.
The trick is to make it not worth their time to do so with adequate security features. Most devices are not perfect by themselves but
start to combine them and it makes the would be perpetrator go for softer/quicker targets instead.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yeah lor there should be a reason, maybe save time haha - reverse in take abit more time but 先苦后甜 easy to come out - park head in without turning the wheel still can tow away, right?

I find the parking head first is very common in many countries including US but definitely reverse parking was the norm in Singapore. I would say was as nowadays you get a fair share of those parking head first now.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find the parking head first is very common in many countries including US but definitely reverse parking was the norm in Singapore. I would say was as nowadays you get a fair share of those parking head first now.

But straight car park lot should park reverse in right to be proper? Easy to come out and won't slow down the other cars when coming out. No leh, that day I just saw one whole stretch of cars in Causeway point car park and only one car park head in and it is a JB car haha..

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
parking in nusajaya make me feel like parking in california.. always head in..so nice yet so near!

But straight car park lot should park reverse in right to be proper? Easy to come out and won't slow down the other cars when coming out. No leh, that day I just saw one whole stretch of cars in Causeway point car park and only one car park head in and it is a JB car haha..

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal

I asked my husband what is the reason in Malaysia he parks head in and reverse when in Sg, he says it is more efficient, haha, no lah. He said the parking spaces are wider in Malaysia compared to Singapore and also in Malaysia, if your parking is a bit crooked, nobody cares but in Singapore, you got to park within the "confined" slot, else risk some kepo go and take photo and send to LTA for a summon.

kiteman

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to a Malaysia friend, one of the reason why they park head in is because if their car is front wheel drive. With head in parking, it make it more difficult for someone to tow away the car (illegally of course), especially if the front is a wall. Make sense and usually I park head in when in boleh land.

Last edited:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
I asked my husband what is the reason in Malaysia he parks head in and reverse when in Sg, he says it is more efficient, haha, no lah. He said the parking spaces are wider in Malaysia compared to Singapore and also in Malaysia, if your parking is a bit crooked, nobody cares but in Singapore, you got to park within the "confined" slot, else risk some kepo go and take photo and send to LTA for a summon.

Your hubby is right.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

SG parking space is too narrow, so it's actually quite difficult to head in. As an eg, have a look at Holiday Plaza carpark, which is quite narrow, and you will see a lot of Malaysian cars that reverse park too.....

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

No lah, your husband is right, he is honest about reverse in is less efficient and that is why the driver behind very impatient and will squeeze past instead of waiting for people to reverse like in SG...wider car park lot? maybe in USA and abit wider space for reversing in Jusco lah, those straight lots infront of Bestari and Sutera shops where got wider haha..

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe in those countries, they conduct their driving lessons to park both head and back in unlike Sinkieland?

Yeah lor, Singapore driving test only include parallel parking and reverse in..come to think of it, with so many foreigners in SG taking driving lessons from home country, maybe will eventually change to majority head in parking in SG haha..

teoky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reverse parking is safer for the driver as it is easier when getting out of the lot.

Head in parking is safer for the car as it is harder to tow away the car without damaging the car. This applies to front wheel drive car (most of the cars out there). This is my theory :smile:

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah lor, Singapore driving test only include parallel parking and reverse in..come to think of it, with so many foreigners in SG taking driving lessons from home country, maybe will eventually change to majority head in parking in SG haha..

There is a reason for that... reverse park is actually good Defensive Driving. you can get out of dangerous situations faster... jump in, lock, and drive off.

However if you do reverse park in Malaysia, you do run the risk of some little Kancil driver being kwai lan and head-in into your lot while you are adjusting car to reverse in. However this is rare. people do respect your lot. Recommend do heads-in all time even in Msia

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a reason for that... reverse park is actually good Defensive Driving. you can get out of dangerous situations faster... jump in, lock, and drive off.

However if you do reverse park in Malaysia, you do run the risk of some little Kancil driver being kwai lan and head-in into your lot while you are adjusting car to reverse in. However this is rare. people do respect your lot. Recommend do heads-in all time even in Msia

sorry I mean Recommend do Reverse all time even in Msia

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

sorry I mean Recommend do Reverse all time even in Msia

Thanks for recommending, oh so reverse park is good defensive driving and safer to reverse in even in Msia...okay so next time don't care other cars behind squeeze past when reverse parking haha...

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reverse parking is safer for the driver as it is easier when getting out of the lot.

Head in parking is safer for the car as it is harder to tow away the car without damaging the car. This applies to front wheel drive car (most of the cars out there). This is my theory :smile:

True true better to care for safety of human first than car...

Status
Not open for further replies.