• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillside

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Hillside:

Those so call cheap labour commute dairy, do you think they have a choice if they can enjoy what Singaporean have, i bet some of them will choose to be a Singaporean, is just they born to be Malaysian and they have to face it, just like most of the Singaporean here still hold on to the citizenship but explore living in JB, Singapore only select better candidates to become citizen la, Everyone complaint, i would said Malaysian is the 1 should have complaint more than Singapore.

Please share with us how many Malaysians convert to citizenship versus the numbers who just keep their PR until the end, when they pass on in Singapore or retire back to Malaysia. Some would but the majority of them will still choose to go back and there is good reason to based on combination of pull/push factors.

A lot of my friends do convert to Citizen, because of housing and their kids, and they like Singapore, some of them choose not to because of they born here and they still want a choice and is not easy to give up citizenship for whatever reason, is something like sentimental things, especially Chinese, will you give up Singapore citizen if you can become Malaysian? why you choose to since you have the best from both world? are you sure you wiill not regret if you choose Malaysian Citizen?

Most of the Singaporean think Malaysian have all the advantage, they can also convert to Malaysian at all cost and let the next generation grow up in Malaysia and have the option to work in Singapore and retired in Malaysia like what some of the PR do now.

There is no easy way for Singaporeans to even become PR convert to become Malaysians. Please provide guidance on this as even MM2H (a 10 year VISA) is out of the reach of some

I agreed, not easy to get PR and convert to Malaysian citizen due to some political issue, MM2H for 1 year is as good as PR or work permit, just spend some time to renew every year, is not a big issue as compare to apply for work permit or PR in Singapore, work permit to renew every 2 years + pay levy, PR have to renew REP every 5 years, i think is about SGD30 per year as well, the process is much easy in singapore because Singapore got better system. If you treat MM2H as a permit which has to renew yearly, i don't see any problem here, why you want to convert to Malaysian as you can do many thing in M'sia now, own car, start up business, employ local staff, buy house. Your life is wonderful now. Without Singapore as a base i doubt you will be what you are today, not 100% sure but most likely.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mm2h is not yearly. It's up to 10 years, but might be broken in 2 parts of 5 years, depending on the max validity of a passport

I agreed, not easy to get PR and convert to Malaysian citizen due to some political issue, MM2H for 1 year is as good as PR or work permit, just spend some time to renew every year, is not a big issue as compare to apply for work permit or PR in Singapore, work permit to renew every 2 years + pay levy, PR have to renew REP every 5 years, i think is about SGD30 per year as well, the process is much easy in singapore because Singapore got better system. If you treat MM2H as a permit which has to renew yearly, i don't see any problem here, why you want to convert to Malaysian as you can do many thing in M'sia now, own car, start up business, employ local staff, buy house. Your life is wonderful now. Without Singapore as a base i doubt you will be what you are today, not 100% sure but most likely.

hillside

Alfrescian
Loyal
why i want to take up citizenship if i am doing well and own several house in Singapore? PR or citizen is no different for me, i don't need the subsidy if i am doing well, HDB is not my choice. I still complaint about Malaysia because it is the FACTS, why restrict your choice and give up Malaysian citizen? there is no benefic to become Singapore citizen for the rich.

I have a number of classmates, most doing very well in big banks.. Have several houses in singapore, but they are still PRs.. They are used to the life here.. Complain a lot about malaysia, but they will not want our citizenship.. Will you?

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro , can you list down the requirement for MM2H here, before you tell people is like work permit /pr in SG ? If is it so easy , everybody here would be already in the programe liao ! KNN work permit in SG , bangha also can apply lah ! As for PR , I think 80% of those members here easily more qualified than the millions of SG PRs lah

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
new launch at bukit indah, cluster homes, from 888k..the old launch from 4-5 years ago i hear was only around 300-400k..

wonder where is the location? need to send my brother to take a look..not in SG now..

kitchen layout is so weird.

View attachment 3888

View attachment 3889

View attachment 3890

Wondering why Setia , Bukit Indah houses is so damn expensive ! Can easily find better quality houses with that kind of price , nearby lor

Last edited:

edragon

Alfrescian
Loyal
My cousin told me she got her Ipad 2 recently in JB and it cost RM 1500 without plan. I was flabbergasted. I got my same specs Ipad 2 in Singapore @ just a "few hundred" singapore dollars.
My Malaysian relatives simply envy me whenever they go to supermarkets such as NTUC and they will tell me why drinks such as 1 litre 100plus are so bloody cheap @ S$1.60 or S$1.70. Over in Malaysia, it is RM 3+ ringgit.

I think food is relatively cheaper in Singapore due to the volume imported by each importer being commercially viable and regular quantity. Another reason is the strong sing dollar and the bias set by MAS is an appreciating bias to offset inflation. It also encouraged investors to be vested in sing dollar.
Just imagine in 1977, it was 1.74-75 ringgits and now 2.40 ringgits. If in 1977, 100K ringgit converted to S$57K and now that same S$57K is worth 137K ringgits.
It has gained 37%.

On the other hand, today S$100K=240K ringgits and in a few years time, this same ringgit convert back to S$80K. By investing in Malaysia, one may lose 20% in S$ terms if S$ reaches 3.00 ringgits. Of course if only S$ reaches 3.00 ringgits. Will it happen?

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think u started of good but later missing the point here. People are not saying whether a Malaysian staying in Malaysia is better, or a Singaporean staying in Singapore is better. Rather, most forumer here is saying that, Singaporean is better of staying at Malaysia since the cost of living is getting higher and higher... as one aged and loss their competitiveness, especially when the government is not doing enough for the elderly.

Besides i dont think u are right to assume all people who are not successful when they are old (or couldnt retire when >40 years old), are due to their old laziness and attitude. There are many who work hard and still couldnt retire early... both in Sg and M'sia.

Let give a few example how affordable a Singapore HDB vs housing in Malaysia.

Private house - is for the top 10 to 20% or rich Singaporean or foreign investor, so don't complaint about the price if you are just a ordinary Singaporean and you are not in the 10% ot 20%, in Malaysia or most of the country the top 10 to 20% exclusive house or location is out of reach for ordinary citizen, of course u can still own it in the hard way or with higher risk.

HDB - i would said a normal HDB (SGD350k) in ulu ulu places in Singapore is something equivalent to a average landed house (RM250k) in Malaysia (of course don't compare with those high end HH or EL in nusajaya la), agree the pigeonhole is small but the environment, amenities, quality and safety of HDB can offset it, not everyone going for Size or landed in Malaysia, a lot of them still prefer stay in condo in Malaysia, so is personal preference, they is no right or wrong for quality of living, HDB or condo or landed. A HDB is as good as landed in Malaysia, can fetch higher rental yield as well. So pls do appreciate the HDB system that the gahmen has created, especially in land scarce country like Singapore, no choice la, how i wish everyone can own subsidy landed in Singapore la.

HDB vs landed in Malaysia comparison based on installment.

HDB : Full loan SGD350k at 2% interest rate 30 yrs = installment = SGD1294 (can pay with CPF)
Malaysia Landed : Full loan RM250k at 4.2% interest rate 30 yrs = installment = RM1223 (paid cash)

30 years later, let say property price double,

HDB : SGD350kx2x2.4 = RM1.68 mil
Landed in M'sia : RM250x2 = RM500k

Both sell and retired in other country, so who is the winner? Let assume economic remain constant over 30 years.

Now you can see why Singapore have more than 80% of house ownership, and yet still complaint about expensive, i do agree is more expensive than last time la, of course the cheapest the better la, but still affordable isn't it? Singaporean will not complain when they can buy 2 HDB, 1 for own stay and 1 rent out to foreigner, ha ha!!

Most ppl think Malaysia have many option when come to housing, Malaysian pay like hell to own a cheap house in Malaysia if they are average, to own a RM150k house in ulu ulu place with not so good environment, the installment is RM734 at interest of 4.2% for 30 years, fyi most of the ppl bought at this price normally pay +/- 7% of interest rate in the early day, which the installment will be RM998 (no CPF but cash), those ppl in this cat are earning like RM1.5k to RM3k, the installment is like 30% or more of their salary, not to forget the family expenses + cheap car (said installment + all the car expenses =RM500, i doubt so cheap as the petrol easily cost few hundred, let assume la, furthermore few hundred to repair a car for those earning SGD is dirt cheap but is almost 30% of a average Malaysian pay). So tell me how comfortable a Malaysia as compare to Singaporean, some will still argue can stay with family la, no need to buy house, Singaporean can also stay with parents if they really cannot afford, i don't see what is a big deal to stay 5 to 7 persons in a 3 or 4 rooms hdb, it is quite common for 5 to 7 persons to stay in a landed in Malaysia with Build up of less than 1200 sft, those early landed terrace in bukit indah is less than 1200 sqft, people nowadays spoil with choice la.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reading through some of the nice postings offered by bros here comparing between Msia and SG. I humbly offer my credo :

No one country is perfect
No one taman is perfect
No one house is perfect
No one family is perfect &
No one is perfect

Cheers.

hillside

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well said, you get all the points.

If i can vote in Spore, for sure i will vote for oppostion, no complaint no rewards ma. For Malaysia, fxxk the gahmen, useless, speechless and hopeless. Read more facebook and news you will know, the complaint Malaysian have will definitely much much much more than Singaporean la.

I am always very grateful to a Singapore education tat I have received and the type of competitive lifestyle that I used to led in Spore when I was much younger. When I stayed in JB, I find that I can compete easily be it starting a new business or scouting for suppliers. I work long hours, 365 days without any complaint when I was much much younger. Of course, one main barrier is the lack of Malay language competence which I would blame sorely on the Spore government for purposely disallowing us to learn and apply it.

My dad always remind me. Without a Singapore education, pink IC and base to start with, 99.9% I would be riding a bike to Singapore and going back after a hard day work and staying in a terrace in JB, like what many of my cousins are doing.

Thanks to the high-cost of Singapore, our HDBs are bought extremely cheap from government and with subsidies such as CPF grant. We literally get it FOC in our opinion. Many people whined about HDBs but I love it. I think HDB is our automatic pot of gold if you think and see positively. After selling it, a million dollar ringgit is in our pocket just like that. . I can come to JB with RM 1 million - RM 2 million from the sale of my HDB and on top of that my Singapore monthly salary converted to ringgit to invest because of what Spore has contributed to my investment knowledge and financial backing. As my father always said, Singapore dollars will turn into GOLD after you cross the custom.

I wont bother if Malaysia government will grant me the PR or not. I would not benefit even if I get the PR. If they grant me a bumis status, now that is a different story. Besides being able to marry 4 wives, I can buy houses with 15% discount by default. With my money, I can invest in properties and anything in Singapore & Malaysia and enjoy the best of both worlds. I seldom hear of Malaysians being able to invest in Singapore. Many complain about S$500 room rental rates in the island.

I quoted all these in my personal capacity and I voted for opposition in Singapore everytime, in case I am accused of being a PAP lackey. I am half-Malaysian and 60% of my relatives are Malaysians, in case some people come in and say I "look down" on Malaysians.

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reading through some of the nice postings offered by bros here comparing between Msia and SG. I humbly offer my credo :

No one taman is perfect
No one house is perfect
No one is perfect

Cheers.

Agreed.

cheers.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, on the brighter note, how about we think like this :-

I am NOBODY; and NOBODY is perfect; and therefore I am perfect (maths equation) :biggrin: :biggrin:

No one taman is perfect
No one house is perfect
No one is perfect

Cheers.

Last edited:

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, on the brighter note, how about we think like this :-

I am NOBODY; and NOBODY is perfect; and therefore I am perfect (maths equation) :biggrin: :biggrin:

Bro, with a mind as agile and complex as yours, i reckon u will survive well in JB,...wait,..i think more than just survive,..i think u will THRIVE!

heck! the orang asli at your taman may make u their KING! haha.

cheers.

teck21

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah lor...I also have difficulty previously opening a fixed deposit with AmbAnk even though i had a loan with them but many bros here said no problems. Eventually I had FD with Public Bank which I also have a loan with them. Probably they tighten the regulations for new Accts recently.
I think you need to ask the loan officer of the bank which you had a loan with to arrange.
Easier that way.

I don't have loan with any M'sian bank, so that option not available to me.

How about getting your house agent as your introducer?

Lol, good idea, but I rather not. Maybe I get my father be my introducer instead. He M'sian some more.

Bro, very high chance Citibank will help u on this. Can even have fixed deposit with them. And if u pledge your fixed deposit, they will also finance your home loan, at 150% your fixed deposit sum. Speak to them ...

Try foreign bank such as hsbc bro..

Thanks for the tips everyone. I will definitely try a foreign bank, just didn't occur to me. Yah, I will offer to open FD account even though I don't really want to unless I get MM2H.

hillside

Alfrescian
Loyal
i just try to explain Singaporean is better compare to malaysian whether stay in singapore or stay in malaysia, Malaysian is only better if work in singapore and stay in singapore/malaysia, my point is Singaporean have the advantage over malaysian.

If you work hard in Singapore, i don't see you live worst than a Malaysia eldery, let me know when Malaysia government do enough for the old people. Are we pity about those ppl spend more than 50% for their sport car, modify nice nice with gt wing, wear branded carry LV, and when they are old, they are most likely ppl fall into this cat that i mentioned, some of them is really unlucky due to no proper education and left behind, isn't this group of ppl have to work even harder as well, so also fall into this cat, do you think government should do enuf for them when they are aged, i don't see any of the forumer will fall into this cat, cos most of us work hard and think wisely, spend within our mean. Talking about retire early, is a luxury for most of the ppl, both in sg and m'sia. A lot of Malaysia will retired with 1 house + RM500k cash, will you? those work in Malaysia for RM5k, do u think they dare to think of retired early? those who work for SGD5k, i think they can easily retired in Malaysia if he can accept 1 house + RM500k.

I think u started of good but later missing the point here. People are not saying whether a Malaysian staying in Malaysia is better, or a Singaporean staying in Singapore is better. Rather, most forumer here is saying that, Singaporean is better of staying at Malaysia since the cost of living is getting higher and higher... as one aged and loss their competitiveness, especially when the government is not doing enough for the elderly.

Besides i dont think u are right to assume all people who are not successful when they are old (or couldnt retire when >40 years old), are due to their old laziness and attitude. There are many who work hard and still couldnt retire early... both in Sg and M'sia.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Woah, movie scene from robin hood meh? The orang asli will be resettled leh, how about I go to rule your taman instead. U will be in good hand, I promise. Ngiak ngiak ngiak (if only u could see my face now) :p

Bro, with a mind as agile and complex as yours, i reckon u will survive well in JB,...wait,..i think more than just survive,..i think u will THRIVE!

heck! the orang asli at your taman may make u their KING! haha.

cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.