• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not a foreign Elite but a cheap foreign worker, i used to work in SG, own a HDB and Car in Singapore during that time, i earn less than 3k but can live comfortable during that time, i get much better pay in Malaysia now but find hardly survive with the same living style when i was there , so just share my own experience.

so that was how many yrs ago ? u know how much is a car price n HDB now ?So u must have earned the profit fr sales of hdb !

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Omg, just flipped my chair and puked my bubble milk tea. Why on earth I always thought u were an intelligent lady :biggrin: so paiseh now ... Haha. My apologies!

opps , u must be upset that Icyraine not a gal ..... move on to the next one !!!
in this forum , not many girls , beside me , cathy , skippy and cudajoey , another one I think is ginfreely .....

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Hillside:

Those so call cheap labour commute dairy, do you think they have a choice if they can enjoy what Singaporean have, i bet some of them will choose to be a Singaporean, is just they born to be Malaysian and they have to face it, just like most of the Singaporean here still hold on to the citizenship but explore living in JB, Singapore only select better candidates to become citizen la, Everyone complaint, i would said Malaysian is the 1 should have complaint more than Singapore.

Please share with us how many Malaysians convert to citizenship versus the numbers who just keep their PR until the end, when they pass on in Singapore or retire back to Malaysia. Some would but the majority of them will still choose to go back and there is good reason to based on combination of pull/push factors.

Most of the Singaporean think Malaysian have all the advantage, they can also convert to Malaysian at all cost and let the next generation grow up in Malaysia and have the option to work in Singapore and retired in Malaysia like what some of the PR do now.

There is no easy way for Singaporeans to even become PR convert to become Malaysians. Please provide guidance on this as even MM2H (a 10 year VISA) is out of the reach of some

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hillside

Please see this quote which is my favourite from bro wuqi :

If one could live peacefully in ones country, unperturbed by foreign forces, who would want to live in others lands?
If one could depend on ones country, who wouldn't forge ahead towards the enemy and die without looking back?
If one could live well until the end in peace AND dignity, who would want to travel around the ends of the earth?

my add on :

If one can afford a pigeon hole in SG , who would wan to move in JB to be separted from family ?
If one can afford to retire in SG , who would wan to retire to another country ?

teck21

Alfrescian
Loyal
No luck opening a current account. Alliance bank manager I spoke with on recommendation from another bro here said a work permit, student visa or MM2H was required for the opening of one. Will try all the others.

Currently applying for MM2H, but I understand that does take several months at least. Going to be quite troublesome not having a chequebook with bills to pay and all that. Unexpected headache.

Wuqi: Thanks for all your help with regards the bank issue amongst others.

With regards your investment-minded friends, I am quite keen to meet up to to see what it's about, and to see whether at least some of us share the same investment philosophies, time horizons etc. The scale of investments they are looking at, passive or active. Johor is full of opportunities, and it would be good if like-minded people could find common ground to work together on.

Last edited:

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not a foreign Elite but a cheap foreign worker, i used to work in SG, own a HDB and Car in Singapore during that time, i earn less than 3k but can live comfortable during that time, i get much better pay in Malaysia now but find hardly survive with the same living style when i was there , so just share my own experience.

Agree with you 100%....same experience here. I find the SG dollar stretch longer in SG than RM in Malaysia.
eg...
earning 5k RM in MY
earning 5k SG in SG

Buy Iphone...250 SG - u can get it....but in MY, it will take what over 1,500 RM if I am not mistaken...

So i find the SG for that amt of 5k....you can buy a lot more that the MY counterpart earning the same amt...

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
No luck opening a current account. Alliance bank manager I spoke with on recommendation from another bro here said a work permit, student visa or MM2H was required for the opening of one. Will try all the others.

Currently applying for MM2H, but I understand that does take several months at least. Going to be quite troublesome not having a chequebook with bills to pay and all that. Unexpected headache.
Yeah lor...I also have difficulty previously opening a fixed deposit with AmbAnk even though i had a loan with them but many bros here said no problems. Eventually I had FD with Public Bank which I also have a loan with them. Probably they tighten the regulations for new Accts recently.
I think you need to ask the loan officer of the bank which you had a loan with to arrange.
Easier that way.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
opps , u must be upset that Icyraine not a gal ..... move on to the next one !!!
in this forum , not many girls , beside me , cathy , skippy and cudajoey , another one I think is ginfreely .....

Crystal , pls brings more girls here lah . Stop local talents out flow, increase birth rate too .

Kenken

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Wu Qi,

I am keen to meet up as well. Please include me thanks.

With regards your investment-minded friends, I am quite keen to meet up to to see what it's about, and to see whether at least some of us share the same investment philosophies, time horizons etc. The scale of investments they are looking at, passive or active. Johor is full of opportunities, and it would be good if like-minded people could find common ground to work together on.

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Hillside:

Those so call cheap labour commute dairy, do you think they have a choice if they can enjoy what Singaporean have, i bet some of them will choose to be a Singaporean, is just they born to be Malaysian and they have to face it, just like most of the Singaporean here still hold on to the citizenship but explore living in JB, Singapore only select better candidates to become citizen la, Everyone complaint, i would said Malaysian is the 1 should have complaint more than Singapore.

Please share with us how many Malaysians convert to citizenship versus the numbers who just keep their PR until the end, when they pass on in Singapore or retire back to Malaysia. Some would but the majority of them will still choose to go back and there is good reason to based on combination of pull/push factors.

Most of the Singaporean think Malaysian have all the advantage, they can also convert to Malaysian at all cost and let the next generation grow up in Malaysia and have the option to work in Singapore and retired in Malaysia like what some of the PR do now.

There is no easy way for Singaporeans to even become PR convert to become Malaysians. Please provide guidance on this as even MM2H (a 10 year VISA) is out of the reach of some

Bros, just to share, I have a couple of frens whom have given up their Malaysian citizenship for Sporean...and they did it coz they felt that their future and the kids future lies with Singapore ...
Going back to Malaysia is not a option for them anymore as they will have to adjust to the living conditions (not to mention the 2nd class citizen treatment) and education level for thier kids may not be as high as spore and need to start all over again...or some of the children may not even be granted access to Gov schools...
Believe me, Sporean citizenship are highly prized by a lot of Malaysians and I am also contemplating this route ...:-)

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try foreign bank such as hsbc bro..

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal

How about getting your house agent as your introducer?

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros, just to share, I have a couple of frens whom have given up their Malaysian citizenship for Sporean...and they did it coz they felt that their future and the kids future lies with Singapore ...
Going back to Malaysia is not a option for them anymore as they will have to adjust to the living conditions (not to mention the 2nd class citizen treatment) and education level for thier kids may not be as high as spore and need to start all over again...or some of the children may not even be granted access to Gov schools...
Believe me, Sporean citizenship are highly prized by a lot of Malaysians and I am also contemplating this route ...:-)

I have a number of classmates, most doing very well in big banks.. Have several houses in singapore, but they are still PRs.. They are used to the life here.. Complain a lot about malaysia, but they will not want our citizenship.. Will you?

hillside

Alfrescian
Loyal
i leave early, no luck for me, breakeven after all the misc cost and interest, but i gain from free staying in Singapore, thats all, i know the COE car going up recently, you still have the option to buy used car, is more expensive now but still better than new car with current COE level, is normal for Malaysian to buy used car but not for many Singaporean, those really pay for high COE now is only this 1-2 years (the most 10 to 20% of total car population, i believe those must be the top 10 to 20% well to do Singaporean or foreigner, mostly conti car), let see if current high COE level will substain 50% of the currently car population, i doubt it will substain, say if COE at this level, do you think 100% of current car owner still can afford few years down the road? i believe many of them will drop the idea of car ownership, may be this is the reason the government wanted to reduce the traffic in Singapore which is good for Singaporean. The car population at this level is due to the lower price in the last few years, every tom and jerry like me can afford, this is why so many OPC now, a vios is cost less than 60k that time, 5k+ depreciate/annum + insurance + road tax + petrol + servicing, everything in about 12k per annum to own a car, i spend about 1k per month for the car during that time which i think is still affordable, my fren spend about SGD600/month to own a OPC.

1k per month is $30/day, it can't be $5 or $10/day rite? then Singapore will flood with car, my friend work in Singapore mostly drive big car but in Malaysia only those big boss drive the same car, just a example a BMW X5 in Singapore cost about SGD300k now, it cost almost RM600k in Malaysia, A 10 years old BMW X5 in Malaysia will cost less than RM100k, lost about RM500k+ in 10 years, in Singapore drive for 10 years and scrap, you will get back at least SGD30k, so you lost SGD270k, trust me you can't find a Malaysian who can afford BMW X5 drive for 10 years. Most of the Malaysia will change car before 10 years, i own a Honda in Malaysia, brought at RM150k and sell at RM60k after 5 years, i lost RM90k in 5 years time, the depreciation is RM18k per year, this car cost RM30k+ in the 10th years, lost RM120k in 10 years time, as to maintain a 10 years car, the maintaining cost is high and the safety level is much lower. If you don't mind a car without a air bag, you can own a proton at less than RM10k here, some ppl here have no choice but to compromise their safety for a cheap car,
At current COE level, you have to pay $400 more per month for COE, thats all, 80% of the car owner still hold on to their low COE car with less depreciation, don't change car now if COE still valid then you are safe, why worry for the next few year? the most get a used old car.

My friend just brough 5 years old Nissan Sunny at SGD30k in Singapore, depreaciate 5k+/years, he is very happy and glad to bought at current high COE time, you know what is the reaction from his Singapore Colleage? "Wa lao a....Sunny ah, 5 years already leh....can drive back to your hometown meh", even in Malaysian a Sunny is consider very good for a ordinary ppl.

so that was how many yrs ago ? u know how much is a car price n HDB now ?So u must have earned the profit fr sales of hdb !

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a number of classmates, most doing very well in big banks.. Have several houses in singapore, but they are still PRs.. They are used to the life here.. Complain a lot about malaysia, but they will not want our citizenship.. Will you?

Bro, thinking hard about it...I believe that day will come and a decision will be made, be it rightly or wrongly entirely up to the individual and his/her circumstances.
I have a couple of frens taken up the offer and a couple more giving it some serious thot's! :-))

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now, because of the factors of rare, unique, almost extinct, smart etc, the share price of these few ladies here has just busted the sammyboy SGX board with all time high index!!

Status
Not open for further replies.