• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore latest COE cat B has reached S$78k..
I am thinking when one is still employed, should he go and apply MM2H?..
Firstly, you can import your expensive Singapore car tax free to Malaysia once it reached 10 years old.. Or just buy a new one tax free over there.. The moment if you are unemployed, you will find a lot of umbrellas will be taken off you...just when you need them most... Maybe one might not get MM2h then...even if you have 1m ringgit property..because rules always change...

yes, that's a good idea.. it is a real waste to see a perfectly good car going for scrap in the flawed coe system
i heard importing a non-local car on normal circumstances will be subjected to hefty taxes.
mm2h exempts one from tax!

found the source here..
http://www.mm2h.gov.my/incentive2.php

and you just need to show proof you owned it in the past 6 months.. hmm..
any hummers for sale? :biggrin:

okay.. imagination going wild :biggrin:

teck21

Alfrescian
Loyal
The moral of the story is that we should not be fooled by statistics*and world rankings.

Most Canadians enjoy their retirement with a peace of mind whereas*most Singaporeans dread retirement with doubts whether their CPF is*sufficient to see them through retirement or they live long enough to*touch their CPF money given the way the government is pushing back the*retirement age.

But that opinion piece is so full of .......selective statistics!

Can't really disagree too much with the second statement, a lot of Singaporeans are struggling. Simple observation however should reveal that the ones truly struggling, are not subject to a whole bunch of hidden taxes that the author suggests. Attributing the struggles of the genuine battlers here to hidden taxes is simply disingenuous. They are suffering from low wages, not hidden taxes, and the government is trying to rectify that. Whether or not they can is another issue.

Author is comparing apples with oranges and declaring one to be better.

But picking up a stick, any stick to beat the government with, simply because they can is silly. And that is what is happening in this article.

mika14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Subway is opening a outlet in Bukit Indah AEON.

Just outside the Jusco Ground Floor Cashiers.

I think they took over the space that used to sell kopi toast.

So far only 2 subway in JB? one in Sutera Mall, and one at Bukit Indah Aeon.

hope it fares better than BreadTalk....dont know who taking over the space vacated by BreadTalk...

cheers.

Should be good business as the outlet at Sutera Mall seems crowded. May be the novelty effect.

Is the Subway in JB cheaper than in SG?

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
True.. I agree.. the comparison is from a middle income person living in Canada who want to state a point.. cars, maids etc are actually optional... actually he don't need to go into the details.. The general feeling we know here is there should be better living places somewhere

But that opinion piece is so full of .......selective statistics!

Can't really disagree too much with the second statement, a lot of Singaporeans are struggling. Simple observation however should reveal that the ones truly struggling, are not subject to a whole bunch of hidden taxes that the author suggests. Attributing the struggles of the genuine battlers here to hidden taxes is simply disingenuous. They are suffering from low wages, not hidden taxes, and the government is trying to rectify that. Whether or not they can is another issue.

Author is comparing apples with oranges and declaring one to be better.

But picking up a stick, any stick to beat the government with, simply because they can is silly. And that is what is happening in this article.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore latest COE cat B has reached S$78k..
I am thinking when one is still employed, should he go and apply MM2H?..
Firstly, you can import your expensive Singapore car tax free to Malaysia once it reached 10 years old.. Or just buy a new one tax free over there.. The moment if you are unemployed, you will find a lot of umbrellas will be taken off you...just when you need them most... Maybe one might not get MM2h then...even if you have 1m ringgit property..because rules always change...

Yes bro. i am also thinking of this at the moment and deciding whether to go for it...looking at the application papers,..looks like the process is going to be pain in the ass..unless pay agent to do it.

cheers.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lonely? Wouldn't think so bah ...

I have already made friend with one of the Indian uncle there. He has been there since 2008, and I gathered a lot of feedbacks from him (90%) positive, which strengthened my confidence.

With my buddy Jason's plan on the party, I'm sure many will turn up and give support. Will make tons of friends so Won't be lonely la ...

Besides, I think I only have time to mingle / interact with neighbors during weekend. And do gardening and taking care of pets such as bathing, walking etc ... I don't see how it will be lonely leh .. :smile:

NI is only like 5 mins away by car? U must chio me for any activities u guys organize too, ok? :smile:

arent u feels lonely that u are e only one in this forum buying there ?? Unless u make friends with Wuqi's friends....

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes, that's a good idea.. it is a real waste to see a perfectly good car going for scrap in the flawed coe system
i heard importing a non-local car on normal circumstances will be subjected to hefty taxes.
mm2h exempts one from tax!

found the source here..
http://www.mm2h.gov.my/incentive2.php

and you just need to show proof you owned it in the past 6 months.. hmm..
any hummers for sale? :biggrin:

okay.. imagination going wild :biggrin:

Do note that you are allowed to import the car tax free ONLY within the 6 months time-frame immediately after the approval of your MM2H Visa. During my time, that time frame was 12 months. Looks like they have amended.

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes bro. i am also thinking of this at the moment and deciding whether to go for it...looking at the application papers,..looks like the process is going to be pain in the ass..unless pay agent to do it.

cheers.

How I wish they just collect some kopi lui , and get thing done easily .

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
U can do it by yourself la ... Agent will charge at least few thousand bucks. Spend it on your Reno will be a better move? :smile:

Besides, the application form is rather straight forward. So why pay if u can DIY? :smile:

cheers.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lonely? Wouldn't think so bah ...

I have already made friend with one of the Indian uncle there. He has been there since 2008, and I gathered a lot of feedbacks from him (90%) positive, which strengthened my confidence.

With my buddy Jason's plan on the party, I'm sure many will turn up and give support. Will make tons of friends so Won't be lonely la ...

Besides, I think I only have time to mingle / interact with neighbors during weekend. And do gardening and taking care of pets such as bathing, walking etc ... I don't see how it will be lonely leh .. :smile:

NI is only like 5 mins away by car? U must chio me for any activities u guys organize too, ok? :smile:

Wow , you people dont need to work one huh ? retired already ? Whole day thinking of partying .. haha !

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have personal assistant, Ms Siri. I only need to speak and Siri will translate it in writings. And I multitask and work on my office computer concurrently. And what's your secret? :p

Wow , you people dont need to work one huh ? retired already ? Whole day thinking of partying .. haha !

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have personal assistant, Ms Siri. I only need to speak and Siri will translate it in writings. And I multitask and work on my office computer concurrently. And what's your secret? :p

My secret ? I am waiting for retrenchment benefit , hope you wont get it so soon. One month benefit can spend 2.5 month in JB , you want or not ?

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of my friends who live in thai also worried about his schooling children.. Rape, all sort so of incest is as common..

Today i was reading malaysia news and was shocked that an appeal judge had cut the sentence of an eight year old child rapist from 25 to just 15 years. He will serve only 10 years with the reduction for good behaviour. 10 years jail only for a child rapist???? Oh my god no wonder rape cases in malaysia are as common as illegal parking offences in spore.

To parents, look after your children. This case happened when the girl was inside a school compound and went to the toilet herself even though her uncle was attending the same event in the school. The rapist was drunk and entered the school illegal.

If the eight year old being raped is a bumi, i am sure this bumi bitchy female judge would have upped the sentence to 35 years instead.

Separately, a major daylight robbery heist with parangs by robbers happened last week near second link highway just before the petrol stations. A money changer courier was robbed and slashed after his scooter was intercepted by two cars and he fell and was slashed. The parang wielding men made off with his scooter and million dollar cash

If woodlands is always so conjested and second link robberies happened so often, the govt must build a third link fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.