• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi shawnbro,

have u approach KSL to settle the floors?..any response from them. i heard they starting to do the wood floors liao.

ShawnLow

Alfrescian
Loyal
yonglip said:
jus doing my level best to save some money bro....eating instant noodles and using candles most of the time. haha

cheers.

Omg say till so cham..@@ btw reali need save alot n long way to go~js paid my interest rm1.2k early this month. Feel so not worth bt no choise =w=

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not for interest rates on loans...
Singapore definitely much cheaper... less than 2% vs more than 4% in Msia... it does add up if repayment over many years... so for me, its prudent to settle Msian loans faster than Spore's, in today's environment.

Bro Maxpark, I share the same view as you on this. As far as it is possible, better take a loan in Sgp and reduce or pay up Msia Loan asap.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
like the causeway and 2nd link, there are also basically 2 methods....

1. Slow but cheap

walk in Money changer
better rate (2.41)
slow especially for large sums. as rightly pointed by bro Asianbo, they will break up the money into RM10K per day. a painful process if you have large amounts to trans over. it will be longer if it crosses over weekends and as I have encountered before, some money changers can even forget to follow up on remaining amount. Got one time my RM24K was trans over in about 1 week!! So if need large sums urgently, definitely not the way to go.

cheers.

Bro Yonglip,

I tried to do method one for larger sum with Raffles (JP) but was told to go everyday to remit Rm10K. They will not break up for me. Which money changer did you use? Can save me the time to travel in and out of JB. Thanks.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is also another way, which his wife(relative) can opened an account with him.

then at least can TT 20k RM per day, and then of cus the wife(relative) has to transfer the $$ back to his own account thereafter..

I thought of this too, cuts the trips by half :biggrin:

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Yonglip,

I tried to do method one for larger sum with Raffles (JP) but was told to go everyday to remit Rm10K. They will not break up for me. Which money changer did you use? Can save me the time to travel in and out of JB. Thanks.

Parkway parade's Yakadir. Learnt from bro Oddesey..got membership card also..haha.

cheers.

ADD ON: for >SGD10K, no $10 service charge.

Last edited:

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Omg say till so cham..@@ btw reali need save alot n long way to go~js paid my interest rm1.2k early this month. Feel so not worth bt no choise =w=

yes bro. about 40% of the instalments goes to paying the fat bonuses of bankers....only 60% is actually used to pay for the house.

cheers.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is definitely possible to adopt a puppy or dog (with an older dog you can know its temperament already established) in Singapore and bring it into Johor. PM me if you need
details.

But there are MANY dogs and cats for adoption in Johor. Contact Noah's Ark & Wondercare when you are ready: they have many of all breeds.

abugumgum - well done for suggesting adopting from a shelter.

It is always good to consider this option before buying a pet. There are many lovely pets waiting to find a home.

I will do so if only I stay in a property that allows pets.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
darn!..and i was still hoping to call in and waive the fees in future..like in SG..haha.

Yes. i think may get a DC since i only want the convenience of paying for purchases...not the credit facility cos i/r on CC can be a real killer.

cheers bro.

I wanted a CC with rewards system tied with Petrol or/and Grocery, just like Citibank Dividend Card in Sgp.
Debit cards does not give good rewards and I always worry that it is not protected against fraud like credit cards do. Although there is a daily limit one can set, there seems to be no recourse should there be fraud committed, not caused by your own negligence. An eg is the card scamming fraud.

As for property loans, Citibank Msia has the flexi loan that has no set up fee, no maintenance fee, MRTA not complusory and there is a free gift for Home Furnishing. Interest rate should be competitive.

I have not signed up with them, so cannot comment on the actual, just based on what was emailed to me.

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wanted a CC with rewards system tied with Petrol or/and Grocery, just like Citibank Dividend Card in Sgp.
Debit cards does not give good rewards and I always worry that it is not protected against fraud like credit cards do. Although there is a daily limit one can set, there seems to be no recourse should there be fraud committed, not caused by your own negligence. An eg is the card scamming fraud.

As for property loans, Citibank Msia has the flexi loan that has no set up fee, no maintenance fee, MRTA not complusory and there is a free gift for Home Furnishing. Interest rate should be competitive.

I have not signed up with them, so cannot comment on the actual, just based on what was emailed to me.

Citibank msia has all these "pros", but the "con" is they were only willing to lend me 70% for my Imperia@Puteri unit.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Citibank msia has all these "pros", but the "con" is they were only willing to lend me 70% for my Imperia@Puteri unit.

Yes, that seems to be the "catch" :(

Consolation is Save stamp duty 0.5% on that 10 to 15% difference in LTV.

ShawnLow

Alfrescian
Loyal
abugumgum said:
Yes, that seems to be the "catch" :(

Consolation is Save stamp duty 0.5% on that 10 to 15% difference in LTV.

Yes. Frankly speaking citibank got alot pros n offer better than other bank, bt the fatal cons is they cannot loan up to 90%. When i bought my house they onli can offer me 70% which is too bad =(

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
1 question, which i always wanting to ask.

Is the Coastal Highway up and running?.. I just wonder when we used the highway towards malaysia it is there.

Thereafter, when we want to use back the highway to get back to Singapore, it is BLOCKED?

Hmmm.. . so is it up ?..

teck21

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thereafter, when we want to use back the highway to get back to Singapore, it is BLOCKED?

Hmmm.. . so is it up ?..

It is blocked, but there is a little hole in the barricade which everyone drives through to continue on the highway towards Medini/Ledang. Dunno if it's up, but since everyone driving through, I just follow.

teck21

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finally, a quotation from a contractor. This is a contractor who I know did a neighbour’s house, to the taste and style we thought me might like. As it turns out, our neighbours were happy to vouch for his service and pricing, so we will consider engaging him if we can work out the terms.

Highlights:

Flooring Works:
Hack and install new homogenous tiles for entire ground floor except wet kitchen (450sqft) – 9,700
Hack and install 3” merbau timberwood floor for entire upper level (825 sqft) – 17,000
Staircase 16 steps & 2 platforms to merbau timberwood – 7,000
Sub-total: 33,700

Kitchen work:
Hacking some wall, installing glass sliding door etc: 3,600
Kerbs to build cabinetry on: 900
Shift position of rear entry door: 600
Modify water piping: 400
Modify direct water to 4 bathrooms and kitchen: 750
Sub-total: 6,250

Kitchen cabinets (we getting separate kitchen contractor):
Preliminary quotation: 23,000

Hot water:
Install and supply 4 bathroom shower area and wet kitchen copper piping,
2 units 35L Joven storage heater, and hacking necessary wall area tiles (wall tiles not included)
Subtotal: 7,000

Balcony:
Tiling (with water proofing) and removal of existing fence: 3,100
Tempered glass railing U-shaped (total 33ft, height 3.5ft): 4,000
Pergola 21x6ft balau wood with 5+5mm laminated green glass: 10,080
Sub-total: 17,180

Plaster ceiling works:
Living room false ceiling (450sqftx3rm): 1,350
Dry kitchen false ceiling (110sqftx3RM): 330
Bedroom Light-box (42ftx12RM): 504
Sub-total: 2,184

Air-conditioning:
Conceal & Install 3nos 2hp non-inverter a/c & piping 10ft: 1,800
Conceal & Install 2nos 1hp non-inverter a/c & piping 10ft: 800
Supply 2hp Daikin wall-type non inverter /c 3 units: 5,460
Supply 1hp Daikin wall-type non inverter /c 2 unit: 1,700
Subtotal: 9,760

*Actually I don’t understand this aircon part at all lol. I am looking to install 4 single unit aircons for each of the bedrooms, and maybe a system-2 for the living/dining

Wiring works:
40 lighting points @ 45RMea: 1,800
20 power points @ RM75ea: 1,500
TV/fan/Astro points etc: 760
Alarm system (LIFE usa tech local made): 2,000
Autogate system with battery (CEI local made): 1,650
2 TV console power point control switch: 150
Sub-total: 7,860

Painting:
Whole house (Nippon): 6,000

Changing glass sliding doors:
2 units (living room and master bedroom) L10ftxH8ft@ 5,400ea: 10,400

Carpentry work:
Master bedroom wardrobes total 15ftx9ft: 7,500

Grand total: RM 106,734 + RM 23,000 (kitchen cabinets) = approx RM 130,000

He missed out quite a few things, and some are still pending further quotation:
Installing wrought iron grilles all doors and windows, and I think his quote also never include changing the main gate to wrought iron
Replacing grilles in wet kitchen and installing windows
Think these above 2 items will add quite a lot also.

And more which I can’t think of now, but surely will happen.

Looks like must cut quite a lot of items to stay within budget...

Advice appreciated.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finally, a quotation from a contractor. This is a contractor who I know did a neighbour’s house, to the taste and style we thought me might like. As it turns out, our neighbours were happy to vouch for his service and pricing, so we will consider engaging him if we can work out the terms.

Highlights:

Flooring Works:
Hack and install new homogenous tiles for entire ground floor except wet kitchen (450sqft) – 9,700
Hack and install 3” merbau timberwood floor for entire upper level (825 sqft) – 17,000
Staircase 16 steps & 2 platforms to merbau timberwood – 7,000
Sub-total: 33,700

Kitchen work:
Hacking some wall, installing glass sliding door etc: 3,600
Kerbs to build cabinetry on: 900
Shift position of rear entry door: 600
Modify water piping: 400
Modify direct water to 4 bathrooms and kitchen: 750
Sub-total: 6,250

Kitchen cabinets (we getting separate kitchen contractor):
Preliminary quotation: 23,000

Hot water:
Install and supply 4 bathroom shower area and wet kitchen copper piping,
2 units 35L Joven storage heater, and hacking necessary wall area tiles (wall tiles not included)
Subtotal: 7,000

Balcony:
Tiling (with water proofing) and removal of existing fence: 3,100
Tempered glass railing U-shaped (total 33ft, height 3.5ft): 4,000
Pergola 21x6ft balau wood with 5+5mm laminated green glass: 10,080
Sub-total: 17,180

Plaster ceiling works:
Living room false ceiling (450sqftx3rm): 1,350
Dry kitchen false ceiling (110sqftx3RM): 330
Bedroom Light-box (42ftx12RM): 504
Sub-total: 2,184

Air-conditioning:
Conceal & Install 3nos 2hp non-inverter a/c & piping 10ft: 1,800
Conceal & Install 2nos 1hp non-inverter a/c & piping 10ft: 800
Supply 2hp Daikin wall-type non inverter /c 3 units: 5,460
Supply 1hp Daikin wall-type non inverter /c 2 unit: 1,700
Subtotal: 9,760

*Actually I don’t understand this aircon part at all lol. I am looking to install 4 single unit aircons for each of the bedrooms, and maybe a system-2 for the living/dining

Wiring works:
40 lighting points @ 45RMea: 1,800
20 power points @ RM75ea: 1,500
TV/fan/Astro points etc: 760
Alarm system (LIFE usa tech local made): 2,000
Autogate system with battery (CEI local made): 1,650
2 TV console power point control switch: 150
Sub-total: 7,860

Painting:
Whole house (Nippon): 6,000

Changing glass sliding doors:
2 units (living room and master bedroom) L10ftxH8ft@ 5,400ea: 10,400

Carpentry work:
Master bedroom wardrobes total 15ftx9ft: 7,500

Grand total: RM 106,734 + RM 23,000 (kitchen cabinets) = approx RM 130,000

He missed out quite a few things, and some are still pending further quotation:
Installing wrought iron grilles all doors and windows, and I think his quote also never include changing the main gate to wrought iron
Replacing grilles in wet kitchen and installing windows
Think these above 2 items will add quite a lot also.

And more which I can’t think of now, but surely will happen.

Looks like must cut quite a lot of items to stay within budget...

Advice appreciated.

bro. a big chunk of the budget is for flooring alone. I suppose you dont like the exisiting flooring. Else if wanna cut budget, maybe consider just acid-wash and make do with it?...i know there is a bit of debate between inverters and non-inverter. my take is always go for inverters as the compressors are quiter. He quoted you 5 single daikin units with installation.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
it seems there is a lot of remodelling for your resale house bro. if u add in curtain/blinds, lights, grilles/gate + furnitures etc for the complete home, may be close to RM200K bro....

cheers.

teck21

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro. a big chunk of the budget is for flooring alone. I suppose you dont like the exisiting flooring. Else if wanna cut budget, maybe consider just acid-wash and make do with it?...i know there is a bit of debate between inverters and non-inverter. my take is always go for inverters as the compressors are quiter. He quoted you 5 single daikin units with installation.

Thanks for the aircon tip, that one we undecided. Got some other advice to use cheapo aircon also lol.

We really dislike ceramic floors, so I think we will change it. Things to cut maybe the balcony, and keep the sliding glass doors. These can be added later on easily if wanted, whereas flooring once move in cannot change any more. The balcony and sliding glass doors alone almost 30k.

Later build the balcony find out it is too hot to use, then never use it, wasted. Maybe should test first.

it seems there is a lot of remodelling for your resale house bro. if u add in curtain/blinds, lights, grilles/gate + furnitures etc for the complete home, may be close to RM200K bro....

I know, but we planning to actually live there, so don't mind spending a bit more if we can. If for investment only, tenant gets ceramic tiles lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.