• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone with knowledge able to comment if this looks normal to you...
the water tank supported by juz a wooden plank in between the roof and ceiling

IMG_0318.jpg

Also, do you guys think the wooden truss looks too skinny?

IMG_0317.jpg

thank you~

juzanee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Juzanee

Note that U hv bot 2 units at the Sky Loft
care to share the pros of buying condos rather than the landed
how much psf for the Sky Loft condos

Thanks
Cheers:smile:

I guess most buy landed because they want their own space (ie garden etc) and want something different from their apartments in Singapore. For my case, my parent's own a landed property, so I know the amount of money & time needed to maintain one: Leaves fall on your garden (have to sweep daily), weeds grow (have to weed/mow), and it costs a bomb when your roof or gutter starts to leak, or when your toilet pipe leaks and you don't know where, and you have to pay to hack through the walls to find out where it's leaking, and then patching up the walls. Painting the whole house (inside & out) also costs over SGD$10k because they need to erect scaffolding, spray clean the exterior etc.

Then I realized I never utilized my garden, and most of my time spent is in the kitchen & my room, anyway. I don't need the space, that's why I'm not keen on landed.

Why condo?

It's easier to maintain (intention is buying for future retirement), and frankly the main reason is because I've never lived in one. I like the idea of just taking a lift down and viola, swimming pool/gym/tennis court right there!

Other reasons for Sky Loft:
- Close to CW Link Interchange (for potential future rental to those commuting to SG by bus)
- Unblock view from apartment, because the condo is surrounded by freehold landed property. (Imagine viewing all the fireworks set off during New Years!)
- Security (There's the main guard house, card at lift lobby?, and key for your apartment.)
- Surroundings maintained by condo management
- Sheltered parking (assigned lots per unit)
- 3+1 units have dual keys (ie can be converted to 2 units - rent out the 2+1, keep the 1 for weekend getaways?)
- There are not many condos - only 2 at the moment (possibly a third will be launched soon)

We picked up a 3+1 (1516sqft) unit last year when it soft launched. After rebate it's about RM427psf. The 2nd unit we just picked up. It's a 1+1 and the price has gone up quite a bit since (it's also on a higher floor).

Our main aim is future retirement home, renting it out in the meantime. When old liao, won't want to climb up and down the stairs. Cleaning up the apartment is also easier, cause lesser space to clean. And can lim kopi at the balcony, or chill at the swimming pool, exercise at the gym. Hungry or bored, can stroll over to shopping mall or to McDs opposite. Everything within easy reach.

So basically, that's why condo and not landed :smile:

wufucheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess most buy landed because they want their own space (ie garden etc) and want something different from their apartments in Singapore. For my case, my parent's own a landed property, so I know the amount of money & time needed to maintain one: Leaves fall on your garden (have to sweep daily), weeds grow (have to weed/mow), and it costs a bomb when your roof or gutter starts to leak, or when your toilet pipe leaks and you don't know where, and you have to pay to hack through the walls to find out where it's leaking, and then patching up the walls. Painting the whole house (inside & out) also costs over SGD$10k because they need to erect scaffolding, spray clean the exterior etc.

Then I realized I never utilized my garden, and most of my time spent is in the kitchen & my room, anyway. I don't need the space, that's why I'm not keen on landed.

Why condo?

It's easier to maintain (intention is buying for future retirement), and frankly the main reason is because I've never lived in one. I like the idea of just taking a lift down and viola, swimming pool/gym/tennis court right there!

- Close to CW Link Interchange (for potential future rental to those commuting to SG by bus)
- Unblock view from apartment, because the condo is surrounded by freehold landed property. (Imagine viewing all the fireworks set off during New Years!)
- Security (There's the main guard house, card at lift lobby?, and key for your apartment.)
- 3+1 units have dual keys (ie can be converted to 2 units - rent out the 2+1, keep the 1 for weekend getaways?)
- There are not many condos - only 2 at the moment (possibly a third will be launched soon)

We picked up a 3+1 (1516sqft) unit last year when it soft launched. After rebate it's about RM427psf. The 2nd unit we just picked up. It's a 1+1 and the price has gone up quite a bit since (it's also on a higher floor).

Our main aim is future retirement home, renting it out in the meantime. When old liao, won't want to climb up and down the stairs. Cleaning up the apartment is also easier, cause lesser space to clean. And can lim kopi at the balcony, or chill at the swimming pool, exercise at the gym. Hungry or bored, can stroll over to shopping mall or to McDs opposite. Everything within easy reach.

Thank U Very Much for your info & explanation
I keep wondering why buy condos where the cost of buying landed is actually lower
Now I understand
Thanks again & Have A Nice Day:smile:

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've been a little busy studying for exams lately, will get busier and post less for the time being, until exams are over in mid May. Then I will start to catch up with all the actions..

All the best in your pursuit for a PHD bro. Make sure don get your head permanently damaged in the process!...haha.

cheers.

investjb

Alfrescian
Loyal
For better or worst?

Friday, February 3, 2012
Legoland Malaysia names sales director

Legoland Malaysia, the first Legoland theme park to open in the Asia-Pacific and the sixth in the world, has appointed Thila Munusamy as the Director of Sales and Marketing to strengthen its senior management team.

In a statement today, it said that Thila will oversee the theme park's overall marketing, public relations, social media, sales and regional promotion activities.

Joining Sunway Lagoon as a marketing manager in 2005, she contributed to the successful turnaround of the company. She was also responsible for many successful marketing initiatives that propelled Sunway lagoon into an award-winning theme park.

"Given her wealth of experience in the hospitality and tourism sector, we are confident that Thila will play a key role in making LEGOLAND Malaysia a household name and a preferred destination for our target visitors," said its general manager, Siegfried Boerst.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Malaysia/Story/A1Story20120205-325930.html

JOHOR BARU - Motorists using the Johor Causeway between Malaysia and Singapore may be forced to pay five times more in toll charges once it is implemented along the Eastern Dispersal Link (EDL).

They will be forced to pay the toll even if they do not use the 8.1km EDL as the collection will be done inside the Customs, Quarantine and Im**migration Complex (CIQ).

Presently, motorists using the Johor Causeway are only required to pay RM2.90 for cars during their return trip at the CIQ building.

The RM1.27bil EDL, which will help reduce congestion in the city area along Jalan Tebrau and Jalan Tun Razak, is linked directly to the North South Expressway.

It is expected to be opened in the coming weeks.

Sources said the toll collection proposed by the concessionaire, MRCB Bhd, was RM6.20 for cars one way.

"Besides the RM6.20 EDL toll, drivers will have to pay RM1.45 to PLUS Bhd. This means the total toll is RM7.65 one way, which works out to RM15.30 to leave and return to Malaysia," they said.

The toll, to be cashless with the use of Touch'N Go, will affect about 70,000 to 100,000 local and Si**ngaporean commuters each day. There is no toll for motorcyclists.

The EDL toll proposed for taxis is RM3.10, buses (RM5.00), light trucks (RM9.30) and heavy vehicles, including trailers, at RM12.40.

Describing the collection process as absurd, Johor Baru MP Datuk Shahrir Samad said it would be unfair to those who did not use the EDL to travel to and from Singapore.

"How can you force everyone using the Johor Baru CIQ to pay the toll? I am not sure of the rate when it starts charging at the CIQ and this will cause a lot of unhappiness," he said, adding that he hoped the Cabinet would carefully review the long-term implications.

Echoing Shahrir's concerns, Stulang assemblyman Mok Chek Hou said he had already raised the issue twice in the Johor state assembly and at other events.

"This goes against the principle of toll collection of paying for what you use. Why must people travelling from the city into Singapore pay for the toll too?" he said.

Mok also expressed worry that although the project could help reduce traffic jams along major roads, poor implementation would mar the Government's image

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
any new launches for semi-d at HH?[/QUOTE

U can try asking the sales office for the Golf semi des. The Greens do not have semis d. I believe the price of semis in hh from developer is around RM 1.5 million and possibly more for those with Golf course views. Resales for semis are around rm1.5million and up and i believe the semis will hit rm2million in early 2012 when more amenties open for operation

I bought mine at 1.8m and some how, I still feel its a bit over priced. I know many people told me its ok for own stay but deep down my heart, I will still think if I did the right decision. I have a friend who bought a bungalow at 2 m in KL with a land area of 6000 sqf plus a swimming pool. Every time we talk he will laugh and said UEM Gamuda is greedy, considering that the semi D was 1.2m just 6 to 9 months ago. I sure hope that the market for semi d will be better as you said but I heard from a few agents and friends that HH semi d is not doing that well now. Especially with the current economy uncertainty.

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Bro DOA

Congrats on yr new purchase !!!
Pai Seh , me no mood this few days , sick and my car kenna high rise littering and sun roof having a prob now . Car is so stinked like vomit smell.

teck21

Alfrescian
Loyal
Given the ordeal I had at the HH's office, I am never going back there again, and I will never buy a property from them directly, never ever! Not gonna elaborate much either ... Ah tiong, sorry to disappoint ...

On the other hand for the brighter news, I have made a booking at setia tropika instead. The joy and the excitement of my first venture in property is indescribable. At last I have made the first bold step :-)

Grats DoA! Sorry to hear about the HH experience, I bought resale so I never really needed to have dealings with them, but repeated visits to the sales office really gave me the impression that most of them simply bo chap. Terrible sales people. Wonder how they are remunerated.

Not sure how the eastern side works out for from an investment pov, but hope it works out for you.

For better or worst?

Friday, February 3, 2012
Legoland Malaysia names sales director

Legoland Malaysia, the first Legoland theme park to open in the Asia-Pacific and the sixth in the world, has appointed Thila Munusamy as the Director of Sales and Marketing to strengthen its senior management team.

In a statement today, it said that Thila will oversee the theme park's overall marketing, public relations, social media, sales and regional promotion activities.

Joining Sunway Lagoon as a marketing manager in 2005, she contributed to the successful turnaround of the company. She was also responsible for many successful marketing initiatives that propelled Sunway lagoon into an award-winning theme park.

"Given her wealth of experience in the hospitality and tourism sector, we are confident that Thila will play a key role in making LEGOLAND Malaysia a household name and a preferred destination for our target visitors," said its general manager, Siegfried Boerst.

They can begin by improving their ticketing. Was disappointed to see how they outsourced ticketing to AirAsia, which is pathetic. I couldn't book at all using their website, with errors 3 times, and all emails to them have been ignored. I better check my card bill to see whether they billed me for all these failed transactions.

I would imagine any theme park worth its salt would have in-house ticketing.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmm

so far i went to HH sales office once , the sales guy named Ricky is not bad .... quite patience to explain and brought us a few units to see.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Similar thinking here Juzanee.

But there are the cons that have been mentioned in this forum too and we have experienced it.

It really boils down to each person's lifestyle and preference.

We still prefer the condo way after comparing with Landed. Just miss the pet keeping part and possibly more car park lots in Landed.

Why condo?

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Bro DOA

Congrats on yr new purchase !!!
Pai Seh , me no mood this few days , sick and my car kenna high rise littering and sun roof having a prob now . Car is so stinked like vomit smell.

What actually drop from the sky? Stink like vomit. That's bad. Sorry to hear that.

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont think you could get any bungalow in KL within 15km radius with a pool and 6000sft land at RM 2mil now. 2-3 years ago still possible. Just to give you a perspective, most suburbs even in Shah Alam/Klang (>25km from KL) would be calling for RM 3 mil.

Property is long haul, I dont think many of us would be able to feel that we bought something real cheap at the point of time unless it was a booming period. Otherwise, it is quite normal for us to feel like, uhmm not too sure.......Like your friends said, for own stay it really doesnt matter because in a few years time, you will again have different feeling, should have bought a Bungalow instead for that sort of price!

I do agree with Bro HH point, in fact, I think Semi Ds in HH will hit beyond RM 2m easily for those facing the golf course. I hope yours is facing the golf? Even if the price went up, so what?? If it didnt, so what?? This is not equity market...

N

I bought mine at 1.8m and some how, I still feel its a bit over priced. I know many people told me its ok for own stay but deep down my heart, I will still think if I did the right decision. I have a friend who bought a bungalow at 2 m in KL with a land area of 6000 sqf plus a swimming pool. Every time we talk he will laugh and said UEM Gamuda is greedy, considering that the semi D was 1.2m just 6 to 9 months ago. I sure hope that the market for semi d will be better as you said but I heard from a few agents and friends that HH semi d is not doing that well now. Especially with the current economy uncertainty.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
What actually drop from the sky? Stink like vomit. That's bad. Sorry to hear that.

a bag of curry!!! hahaha , luckily i changed air con filters on sunday , so now its smells a bit here and there as its came from sun roof...
need to get rid the food particles stucked inside asap ...
i realy hate staying in SG now !!!! all kinds of nonsenses happening to me ...

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont think you could get any bungalow in KL within 15km radius with a pool and 6000sft land at RM 2mil now. 2-3 years ago still possible. Just to give you a perspective, most suburbs even in Shah Alam/Klang (>25km from KL) would be calling for RM 3 mil.

Property is long haul, I dont think many of us would be able to feel that we bought something real cheap at the point of time unless it was a booming period. Otherwise, it is quite normal for us to feel like, uhmm not too sure.......Like your friends said, for own stay it really doesnt matter because in a few years time, you will again have different feeling, should have bought a Bungalow instead for that sort of price!

I do agree with Bro HH point, in fact, I think Semi Ds in HH will hit beyond RM 2m easily for those facing the golf course. I hope yours is facing the golf? Even if the price went up, so what?? If it didnt, so what?? This is not equity market...

N

My bad, I should said klang valley instead of kl. My friend bought his bungalow at klang at 2m about 1 year ago. Thanks for the comforting words, I know it will appreciate sooner or later, just feel that they had increase the price too fast, a bit too bullish in my opinion.

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
a bag of curry!!! hahaha , luckily i changed air con filters on sunday , so now its smells a bit here and there as its came from sun roof...
need to get rid the food particles stucked inside asap ...
i realy hate staying in SG now !!!! all kinds of nonsenses happening to me ...

Oh wow, curry. Now I would be piss too.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh wow, curry. Now I would be piss too.

yes i was super pissed it happened at 5 plus am , when i went and check my car , it threw another bag and almost landed on me , luckily i heard the wind speed that something was dropping so i siam a bit , so i kenna some gravy on my legs ....
some kind neighbours came by as they heard the loud noise too and told me which unit did that coz their laundry also kenna curry before too !!
Still the police cant do much la . damn it ! told me i should park somewhere else next time , i told the police , do u mean we should avoid the prob instead of tackle the prob ?? Now waiting for NEA to get back to me since town council told me they cant do much.
I think they waiting for ppl to die there first before they will really action on it!!!
Really waste tax payers money !

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes i was super pissed it happened at 5 plus am , when i went and check my car , it threw another bag and almost landed on me , luckily i heard the wind speed that something was dropping so i siam a bit , so i kenna some gravy on my legs ....
some kind neighbours came by as they heard the loud noise too and told me which unit did that coz their laundry also kenna curry before too !!
Still the police cant do much la . damn it ! told me i should park somewhere else next time , i told the police , do u mean we should avoid the prob instead of tackle the prob ?? Now waiting for NEA to get back to me since town council told me they cant do much.
I think they waiting for ppl to die there first before they will really action on it!!!
Really waste tax payers money !

Grrr. That's horrible. You need to get hold of some evidence, I think with that in hand the police could actually do something. This is just NOT acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.