• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Bro,..but i am not so worried cos i dont think i want to grow my own plants in my JB home for personal consumption. There is always cheap farm grown veges readily available in the local markets,..some are even organic. What i am more worried about is you bro.... in your own words, you still belong to 'poisoned' 60%...but there is still hope to detoxify bro,...although it will take more effort than just going to the supermarket to buy organic veges,...you will have to read living in JB part 1 from page 1 to 800,...then continue on to part 2 until this post....every day bro..do it coninuously for 3 months, you should feel much better...haha.Cheers bro.
Bro you have made my Sunday. Together with the Rooiboos tea and Bro Wuqi and Diaspora........

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks bro Yonglip, this is not a "Diamond Sutra" per se but hope with so many learned bros and sisters here, we can cut through the ignorance and deliberate misinformation. All here to learn including myself and i am continuously learning from this thread as well.

Hear, hear....

Last edited:

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Investor said:
Is it legal to lock their gates with chains! :biggrin:

Lol... They will have to enact the "Ah Long" Act. But come to think of it... It may be legal. I read from the Strata Title Act that the DMC can "immobilize" movable properties. Since the gate can swing open and close, in theory it means they can use a chain and immobilize it right? :smile: Any lawyers here?

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah ... Like that also can? Bro, it might swing but it's still part of fixture and fittings (f&f) la.... So f&f = immovable :wink: I'm not a lawyer but I'm confident that the gate is a f&f :smile:

Worse if u lock the gate, which is also an access to the property, and if there is anything happened inside the premises, the owner might sue the management until their pants drop....

Lol... They will have to enact the "Ah Long" Act. But come to think of it... It may be legal. I read from the Strata Title Act that the DMC can "immobilize" movable properties. Since the gate can swing open and close, in theory it means they can use a chain and immobilize it right? :smile: Any lawyers here?

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
After visiting JUSCO at Bukit Indah today I'm getting concerned about too many people in the area. Good to see people around but getting too crowded to enjoy. Hope we will have more shopping centers here at IM soon!

Ha, if not crowded, we are worried about the concept of whole Nusajaya. Yes, we are seeking a place with more air and space. Hopefully it will not be as crowded as Singapore..

If we are looking for a less crowded place, there are cheaper places like Pontien, batu bahak, Kulang, Kota tinggi, desaru...
I am glad that Jusco is crowded and it is not too far from my place... I am also happy about the putri harbour, fishing ponds, hills and waterfalls etc nearby..

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Grago said:
Do you firstly, own property in Horizon Hills? If YES, then have you gone through your DMC ( Deed of Mutual Covenants) particularly Clause 11, remedies against purchaser/owner that defaults in duties/payments. If, you do not OWN A Property in Horizon Hills, here is a brief outline to the remedies available against the defaulting owner by the Management, breach off a legal agreement which would include damages, suspend the use of Facilities and services to the property in question which includes, refusal to allow the defaulter's car entry permit/sticker and invalidating existing entry sticker/permit.This similarly applies to the other high-end properties including Puteri Harbour IMPERIA which is STRATA Titled AND also has a DMC.Where did you get your Infor from???

Bro, relax man.

Just because someone signs something doesn't mean it is enforceable in the court of law. Has the DMC been challenged for a precedent in case law? Just google for similar court cases involving the the strata titles act and you know what I mean. Only statutes enacted in the Acts can stand firm when contested. Signed agreements are fallible, especially when it involves accessing one's private property. Do check with your lawyer friends to know more :smile:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have friends who are so concern on the food that that eat organic, drink specially filtered water, avoid these and avoid that... At the end they still don't seem as healthy as anyone..

Recently heard some reports saying coffee is good and eating pork lard is better than articulacy created cooking oil with no tran fats and so on..at least the report say pork lard is natural vs so many artificially things selling at a premium..

My two cents worth....

You are indeed a freak!

Speaking for myself, didnt buy a property to grow lady fingers or even tomatoes to eat. Most of us are talking about houses which hopefully have a yard to do some laundry and perhaps some grass to grow on. I am all for organic but unfortunately, I will have to leave the planting, growing and harvesting to someone else that has enough land to do so....

Now, talking about your friend, rather than being so afraid or paranoid, dont you think you should be advising him/her to get her soil tested to verify instead of worrying for her life!

On a separate note about getting rid of termite by poisoning the soil is completely unfounded in my opinion. Personally (again speaking for myself), I also hope developers will help in termite treatment in all their developments. Those who has done it, will know that this is a very expensive affair even for one house. And we are talking about leisure farm here, you got to be kidding because of the vast land acreage we are talking about. However, if you are talking about air pollution here, I am not sure if your few km from Tuas will make any different.

I appreciate your contribution and advice for us to be more aware of the issue. The only part which I think you are absolutely right is that "you are a freak" and more shocking you said you are from the chemical industry.

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Bro Grago for pointing my harsh note. That's probably how I would spoken but reading back (after dinner), i do agree the harshness there!

Bro 36minit, my sincere apology and no offense meant. I hope you see the point some of us were trying to make and don't let this be a hindrance to you. Last but not least, welcome to the forum....

note
Bro Nusajaya, you are being harsh, with this chap! He is only trying to highlight the dangers and the potential of harm to those that might not know of it. I remember reading that Cathylmg and Analytical Prof. mentioned something about the ladyfingers or Brinjals that they were growing were pale in colour and and rather different from the 'normal' vegetables that they bought. With all the hype about chemicals used in our 'fresh' food that we get, I'm not surprise that bro 36minit, decided that organic food is the way to go. That is a different story altogether. I'm sure he is not ridiculing those of us who decided to make the move to JB. Bro 36minit, thank you for the concern. Do hope you decide otherwise that JB might be place for you and your family. I realize that you NEED NOT have given us this health warning as really you have NO CONNECTION to JB/NUSAJAYA. I thank you as bro Lemans has with regard to the health warning

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Grago said:
No, they can't lock their gates with chain, however they can refuse entry to vehicles that don't have any business in that particular area that want access UNLESS they have permission either from the owner or Management of the development to enter! I know because I tried gaining entry to the Golf precinct to check on the progress of my houses, BUT the guard politely refused me entry until I got a chit form Marketing and Sales confirming I DO have properties there!!!!

They can doesn't mean it is legal. If it is not strata type, one can enter arguing that the roads leading to houses is public property and the guards have no rights to deny access.

It is just ignorance that people comply. That's a sad fact, whether we like it or not.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, relax man.

Just because someone signs something doesn't mean it is enforceable in the court of law. Has the DMC been challenged for a precedent in case law? Just google for similar court cases involving the the strata titles act and you know what I mean. Only statutes enacted in the Acts can stand firm when contested. Signed agreements are fallible, especially when it involves accessing one's private property. Do check with your lawyer friends to know more :smile:

Im chill....... Enjoying my Rooibos Tea....... Although you have not answered my question, you have instead cast MORE doubts in the readers mind by your retort, making investing in Johore/ Iskandar MORE Questionable by those who are seeking CORRECT information to make a informed decision. A contactual agreement with attached clauses is BINDING when one signs a document with those clauses attached. One cannot ignore a/clause/s that may not be to one's liking after the fact. All contracts can be challenged, however once you sign a contract with clauses attached you are legally bound. Any qualified lawyer with inform you that is the case. You are however FREE to ask your lawyer friends about this. I think one has "shot oneself in the foot" by giving an UNSUPPORTED opinion. Good luck to you!!!!!!

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Bro Grago for pointing my harsh note. That's probably how I would spoken but reading back (after dinner), i do agree the harshness there!

Bro 36minit, my sincere apology and no offense meant. I hope you see the point some of us were trying to make and don't let this be a hindrance to you. Last but not least, welcome to the forum....

note

Bro, very gracious of you........ Hope you are staying at HH........:biggrin:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry to interject. This is an unbiased view. Not citing anybody.

Bro grago, u have ur points with regards to a contract. Once signed, it's signed. For the first cut, we will always look Into a contract and see our rights. This serves as a guideline before one thinks of taking further legal action. However, bro aragon has his points too. A contract is not representative and conclusive, especially if a contract has not been "reasonably" entered into, and especially in the absence of an enactment. Lawyers always pick on such loop holes and create a counter claim and challenge their rights. And also, there was a point mentioned on the enforcement of breaches. In my eye, even if u sign a contract and u appoint a management, if the management has no such authority to "enforce" (in the absence of an act/authority), then it's up for challenge.

Nonetheless, observing the clauses in a signed contract serve as a guideline and if everyone follows it, we will have a harmonious serene peaceful living environment. In the real world, there are always rotten apples and these people, if savvy enough (and rich enough), could challenge the management via the law loopholes. The verdict on who's right and wrong, I'll pass to the judge. Just my opinion and I would also like to think that I don't see any "misrepresentation" here. It's just a matter of sharing of opinions. Of course I do hope everyone observe the contract and minimises mischief. Cheers :smile:

Im chill....... Enjoying my Rooibos Tea....... Although you have not answered my question, you have instead cast MORE doubts in the readers mind by your retort, making investing in Johore/ Iskandar MORE Questionable by those who are seeking CORRECT information to make a informed decision. A contactual agreement with attached clauses is BINDING when one signs a document with those clauses attached. One cannot ignore a/clause/s that may not be to one's liking after the fact. All contracts can be challenged, however once you sign a contract with clauses attached you are legally bound. Any qualified lawyer with inform you that is the case. You are however FREE to ask your lawyer friends about this. I think one has "shot oneself in the foot" by giving an UNSUPPORTED opinion. Good luck to you!!!!!!

Last edited:

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
DREAMorACTION said:
Sorry to interject. This is an unbiased view. Not citing anybody.

Bro grago, u have ur points with regards to a contract. Once signed, it's signed. For the first cut, we will always look Into a contract and see our rights. This serves as a guideline before one thinks of taking further legal action. However, bro aragon has his points too. A contract is not representative and conclusive, especially if a contract has not been "reasonably" entered into, and especially in the absence of an enactment. Lawyers always pick on such loop holes and create a counter claim and challenge their rights. And also, there was a point mentioned on the enforcement of breaches. In my eye, even if u sign a contract and u appoint a management, if the management has no such authority to "enforce" (in the absence of an act/authority), then it's up for challenge.

Nonetheless, observing the clauses in a signed contract serve as a guideline and if everyone follows it, we will have a harmonious serene peaceful living environment. In the real world, there are always rotten apples and these people, if savvy enough (and rich enough), could challenge the management via the law loopholes. The verdict on who's right and wrong, I'll pass to the judge. Just my opinion and I would also like to think that I don't see any "misrepresentation" here. It's just a matter of sharing of opinions. Cheers

DreamOrAction, you're well learned. I'm encouraged that there are high calibre people here. Otherwise, I won't bother to even continue arguing it here.

I read through previous posts and knew there were such problems with strata vs non strata that weren't debated. I didn't say anything because I anticipated possible hostile reactions.

I hope that forummers don't become emotional but just keep an open and learning mind. That's the spirit of this thread isn't it?

For those who are still in doubt, there is a reason why Singapore landed properties with common facilities are strata typed. Laws are laws. In Malaysia, there are strata landed developments as well - so it is not right to say that these posts undermine all investments in JB. And in no way am I suggesting that non strata is not good investments - far from it. Like DreamOrAction observed, there are loopholes that one must be aware when they invest.

Hitesh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Forum members,

I have been reading this thread for the last few days and am inquisitive over all this new happenings in the neighbourhood in Johar, though i am looking at buying a semi D or cluster house in a limited budget for my parents at Johar in the next 6-9 months when the economy is expected to cool down a little bit ( once they buy i will stay there as well and save the current rental which i am paying since the last 6 years). At the same time i am a bit skeptical about the security concerns, though the community is gated and guarded, i have heard in a few some other forums that there are a lot of gangs operating the Johar Bahru.. which scares me a bit....

I was concerned about the traffic at the 2nd link and the cost of paying toll and the fuel costs involved in travelling each day from Johar to Singapore, but i can ignore these as there are pros and cons for living in your own house

As for fresh air, i am curently living in Bukit panjang side which has a lot of fresh air.. but ofcourse the price of this fresh air is a lot more....

To experience thsi myself i am looking forward to someone who coudl rent me theri semid-or cluster house in teh coming lunar new year for 2 nights and 3 days at a cost, so that i could be there and see for myself how does all this feel....

I would also be happy to hear about any Clustered home sales/resales around the Nursajaya vicinity in a gated community with security guards and good aminities ... atleast a swimming pool and gym .. and steam/sauna would be a plus (pre fered ready to move in ...may consider new development ready houses as well) ...

Look forward to hear back from you all!!

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha, if not crowded, we are worried about the concept of whole Nusajaya. Yes, we are seeking a place with more air and space. Hopefully it will not be as crowded as Singapore..

If we are looking for a less crowded place, there are cheaper places like Pontien, batu bahak, Kulang, Kota tinggi, desaru...
I am glad that Jusco is crowded and it is not too far from my place... I am also happy about the putri harbour, fishing ponds, hills and waterfalls etc nearby..

Bingo..i will be more worried if i dont see the crowd like at Bestari's Giant. Fewer customers and tenants slowly closing shop also. But Giant being Giant can bleed here and there but overall as a group still can survive...so i dont think will close shop anytime soon. I rem some bro reported that Mydin is setting up a huge hypermart at Mutiara side...which again is not too far from BI. So we have Tesco, Giant, Carrefour, Mydin and Jusco all very close to each other....uniquely JB.

Seriously, no offence to Jusco fans, besides some of the makan places, i dont see whats the big deal here. In fact most of my purchases made at Tesco and Giant which are both half empty most of the time.

Interestingly I will never forget some years back when i visited "Best World" shopping complex. The crowd was ok. The very next week i went there, it was completely closed! No warning, no nothing. After I dont know how long, it has since been revived as "Danga city Mall"....haha.

Nowadays you seldom see this kinds of sudden closure happening in JB anymore.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you firstly, own property in Horizon Hills? If YES, then have you gone through your DMC ( Deed of Mutual Covenants) particularly Clause 11, remedies against purchaser/owner that defaults in duties/payments. If, you do not OWN A Property in Horizon Hills, here is a brief outline to the remedies available against the defaulting owner by the Management, breach off a legal agreement which would include damages, suspend the use of Facilities and services to the property in question which includes, refusal to allow the defaulter's car entry permit/sticker and invalidating existing entry sticker/permit.This similarly applies to the other high-end properties including Puteri Harbour IMPERIA which is STRATA Titled AND also has a DMC.Where did you get your Infor from???

Developer can use DMC to bind the 1st owner into an agreement.
I think the problem starts with the subsequent owners.
By right, the first owner need to ensure that the subsequent buyer of his unit must also sign the same DMC.
Developer collects a deposit from 1st owner ...which would be forfeited if this is not done so.
In my case, the deposit is only RM500.
If 1st owner is to sell to 2nd owner who insist not to sign the DMC, I think it can be easily done so. It's only penalty of RM500 right ?
If I'm not wrong, the law specifically says that nobody (except strata-titled) must be forced into paying for G&G service.

Malapore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Can anybody give a detailed direction on how to drive to Jusco@BI if I'm driving from Woodlands Custom.

Thx a mil

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks bro aragorn for your sincere sharing. I definitely understand from which angle u were coming from, and u r merely raising awareness and highlighting the different between a strata tile vs an individual title. For the inidividual title, be it with DMC or not, it is still an individual title and out of the purview of strate title act.

And wish to share one thing that I know. In a development which are not under strata title, no perimeter fencing is allowed, precisely due to the land, especially the internal roads, is not privately owned. There are indeed some landed developments in JB that are strata, well, at least I know of two.

Anyway, I think we should just raise awareness until here, because as far as I see it in Malaysia, it's already widely practiced and don't fix the vase if it isn't broken. Very few will refer to the statutory act unless the implication of the breach is significant. These breaches/wheel clamp etc does not cause significant damages (especially financially) and very likely that no one will ever bring such cases to the court for small claims like this. Likely go for a mutual settlement :wink:

DreamOrAction, you're well learned. I'm encouraged that there are high calibre people here. Otherwise, I won't bother to even continue arguing it here.

I read through previous posts and knew there were such problems with strata vs non strata that weren't debated. I didn't say anything because I anticipated possible hostile reactions.

I hope that forummers don't become emotional but just keep an open and learning mind. That's the spirit of this thread isn't it?

For those who are still in doubt, there is a reason why Singapore landed properties with common facilities are strata typed. Laws are laws. In Malaysia, there are strata landed developments as well - so it is not right to say that these posts undermine all investments in JB. And in no way am I suggesting that non strata is not good investments - far from it. Like DreamOrAction observed, there are loopholes that one must be aware when they invest.

Last edited:

yowetan

Welcome TIA!
You have a lot of reading up to on on the older posts, and you really need to come over several times and check things out yourself. Many different considerations: Do you have children who are school-going? Do you drive? Are parents living with you? Do you prefer a landed property with a little land around or an apartment with facilities? Weekends only or moving over?
RM600-700,000 is still very possible, depending on what you are looking for - the lower limit has to be RM500,000. Keep in mind all the peripheral expenses like legal fees and renovations/furniture/fittings before you can move in; after that monthly maintenance.
Check out also www.puterim.com, my website to help you get started.
In the long run it is most likely to be a good move. We who are already here are pleased we made the decision
Good luck!

Hi, thanks for replying my post. Appreciate that.

Well, I would prefer a landed property so I could do some planting etc. I am exploring to go back weekend, and gradually transit in moving over after the run-in period.

Yes, I am currently driving and will not rule out bringing my parents and in-laws as well. I do have one young toddler and one more BB coming soon, and I do not think that would poise a problem as of yet though I would love to know if there is any enrichment class for my young toddler(s).

My preliminary budget would set as 500-700kRM with 700KRM being the peak limit. I would hope the budget would fit into all requirements of owning a property with renovation/furniture expenditure included. So as to say, 700kRM in total would be the max I could offer at the moment.

Last, I am really perculiar and wary of the security of the landed property and the community. I am skeptical yet I am holding onto some glimpse of positivity so as to convince myself and my spouse with our families that it is indeed worthwhile to move our base into JB.

Till then, I am hoping someone would really show me the rope and route, as well as paving the introduction to us. I would also be appreciated if some kind soul would bring me along for the property-survey and hunt in JB; iskandar or whatever place you all kept mentioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.