• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diaspora

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro diaspora, what is DO by the way? You meant Danga Bay or sth else...

Fully agree, true G&G will require all residents to sign a document called Deed of Covenant. Similar to condo, it make paying monthly security/maintenance fee a responsibility of every single resident.

It has to be FULL PERIMETER fencing (not 70% fencing with 30% gates or so) with single entry and single exit point.

True...without the DMC, it will not comply all the residents to pay for the monthly maintenance / security of the estate. Therefore, some of the residents will not pay and the rest cant really force them to pay their portions...beware.

All these must be made known at the point of purchase and legally binding all purchasers.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks bro. Have you been to the site/show unit? Any comments on material and psf?..

Cheers.

Site just cleared. But the earlier phases of Semi-Ds and Clusters are already up. Completed ones look quite OK. Near amenities.

Was looking at one unit of around RM510K; 1200sq ft (3+1).

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro young lip, no show house yet. Last check 2 weeks ago, they are accepting booking only and they said 90% are booked.

Chances are if you didn't like horizon residence, u won't like this one (strictly based on plan comparison)

Unfortunately, this is the more affordable one. I like Nusa Duta but everything is above RM 800K now, even for Clusters. There are no Terraces available.

36minit

Alfrescian
Loyal
First, I would like to congralute all who had made the move to JB.
You are probably the 40% who had your own brain working independent of the 154th Shit Times.

My 2nd home in Tuas (my office is just 500m to 2nd link) for the last 8 years was where I first came
to seriously think of moving to JB.

Leisure Farm was my first visited property as I had Australia colleague who live there and subsequently a couple
of my Malaysians collegues who bought into Iskandan region.

Yet, I did not buy any of the property even up to till today.

You may be curious why I didn't buy any of the property.

See, I am an organic freak and my investigation led me to believe that
the developer had pump into the ground excessive "poison" in order
to pre-empt terminte problem. (pre-emptive strike in Bush word)

Can't blame them otherwise you may end up with this problem
http://www1.nst.com.my/Current_News/JohorBuzz/Wednesday/Stories/20100105213343/Article/

I went to a colleague house in one of the Iskandar area and saw that the lady finger is kind of white.

She told me that whatever she plant at her garden she dare not eat as she too realize that the plant is "poison"

We knew it was "poisoned" because we had been in the chemcial industry long enough to see what environmental
pollution is all about. (the effect is slow but very long lasting and very damaging)

I am not trying to frighten any of you but just want you all to realize this hazard and take pre-cautionary measures.

Some of these measures will annoy your neigbhors as it involves using manure:biggrin: (oh must be organic one too.)

http://www.ecolife.com/garden/soil-mulch/how-make-organic-topsoil.html

Anyway, just google about it and you will get tons of information of making your garden organic.

In Singapore, you can go to Bottle Tree Park near Khatit MRT and join GUI activities to know more about organic gardening.

Here's their website http://groundupinitiative.org/

I am not related to them.

All I want is to share with all forummers how to live a healthier lives style DIY.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
DoA, take it easy man. I know how frustrating and exhausting it can be.....

Welcome to buying subsale property in Nusajaya! Imagine, I had deposits returned to me thrice after confirming price and all with different owners. Even the lawyer and banker also got fed up with me in cancelling so many times. As frustrated as I am, they also knew this is not my fault at all. I ended up buying my properties in Nusajaya from Developers instead. Dont get me wrong, I am not advising you to do likewise but I just can't take the frustration and time wasted.

Seems like a lot of whacko sellers here. I've also heard of cases where seller refused to proceed with sale after signing option & accepting option money. I suggested some posts earlier there are "lobangs" in the resale market.. i still believe so... but i think you need luck to meet a genuine seller. Most of us will not bother to sue a seller to proceed with sale... or rather we don't want the lurking spirit of the unwilling seller to come back to haunt us.

I have met a few agents here when i was looking for a place to rent 3 years back... personally i find most of them crappy and unprofessional. I get the feeling the industry here (resale property services) is not mature and has no structure. Hopefully things will improve in the next few years!

iamapseudoneem

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe you mean "Tambah" (i.e. add). The sign for adding value is "Tambah Nilai" (i.e. add value).

Yea but some tolls only have 1 top-up booth and only the toll stations at 2nd Link are 24hrs. So for accuracy, one can top up Touch N Go at left hand toll counters with the word "Tambuah".

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I ll be glad if the developer really poison the soils till no termites will live for the next 20 years..
I am just worried they didn't put enough insecticide.. Many golf courses in Singapore are also heavily poisoned, hope those in OCC, SICC which are close to reservoir will not contaminate our drinking water as well.

You are probably the 40% who had your own brain working independent of the 154th Shit Times.

My 2nd home in Tuas (my office is just 500m to 2nd link) for the last 8 years was where I first came

Leisure Farm was my first visited property as I had Australia colleague who live there and subsequently a couple

http://www1.nst.com.my/Current_News/JohorBuzz/Wednesday/Stories/20100105213343/Article/

I went to a colleague house in one of the Iskandar area and saw that the lady finger is kind of white.

She told me that whatever she plant at her garden she dare not eat as she too realize that the plant is "poison"

We knew it was "poisoned" because we had been in the chemcial industry long enough to see what environmental
pollution is all about. (the effect is slow but very long lasting and very damaging)

I am not trying to frighten any of you but just want you all to realize this hazard and take pre-cautionary measures.

Some of these measures will annoy your neigbhors as it involves using manure:biggrin: (oh must be organic one too.)

Anyway, just google about it and you will get tons of information of making your garden organic.

In Singapore, you can go to Bottle Tree Park near Khatit MRT and join GUI activities to know more about organic gardening.

All I want is to share with all forummers how to live a healthier lives style DIY.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
These days I always fell sick when eat those durians selling in town..
I Realised the durians are poisoned and stuffed with fast growth chemicals until even ants also dont want to stay near the fruits.. Recently I tasted original kamoung Ubin durians that just dropped from the trees with lots of ants.. I didnt fall sick after that.. Now we also worried over the foods, the vegies, meats selling in our super market. It seemed that we need to grow our own foods.. But land in Singapore is too expensive.. At the end still have live in JB if we want to live organic..

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hello 36 minute,

Thank you for the very unique contribution. I guess most people do not buy a house in JB to plant crops to eat but thanks for sharing the source on learning organic gardening :smile:

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Tea garden at the roundabout is cheaper than the Tea garden at Jusco due to lower tax/service charge. Seems that different outlet charge different tax/service charge.

Din know that the charges differ.. any difference in the food std?
Wifey likes the herbal chicken which Jusco outlet sells at RM12.8

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
yep..this is one of them.....

went to Sembawang's The Nautical today. Today's launch is quite muted...first time after so many years, property agents more than buyers..if show room crowd is any indication, i think SG prop may come down soon....that being the case, demand on iskandar prop may also moderate as SG prices becomes more affordable. look at the number of ECs, DBSS being launched recently,...

so i think i will just wait and look see in the meantime.

Cheers.
How does the price compares with Canberra Residences since its just next door to Nautical..
Also by MCC land?

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Passport valid at least 13 mths will do.
Jusco at bk Indah still hv mobile station till 15 jan.
Surprising that the booth was open on Sat night ard 7:30pm.. some months back, it was closed on Sat morning when I tried to apply..
LL took leave on Friday with family to apply in Nov 11

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last night had my 1st experience of power outage in SEG..
started at 9 plus pm, quite some commotion & pple driving out to check out with guard post..
Moonlight was the only source of ambient lighting.. reminds me of field camps in NS..

opened the windows since aircon & fans not functional.. fortunately it will quite cooling with the breeze & no attack from the mosqitoes..
wifey woke me up at 11 when power is restored.. closed the windows & resume the aircons..

Lessons learnt: Spare torch lights & candles would be helpful.. (used the torchlight app from wifey Iphone & my sgs2)

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All, I am a new here. I have read with great interest in migrating myself and family to the place across the causeway... someone shed some light, and how to go about it to make a very first step possible; I would appreciate ... my second home plan...Also, my budget is nothing fascinating and I am looking around 600-700k RM Nett for a roof. The concern here is - feasibility, accessibility, security and reliability.... and I hope I am not chasing up the property market in JB now.TIA.

Welcome TIA!
You have a lot of reading up to on on the older posts, and you really need to come over several times and check things out yourself. Many different considerations: Do you have children who are school-going? Do you drive? Are parents living with you? Do you prefer a landed property with a little land around or an apartment with facilities? Weekends only or moving over?
RM600-700,000 is still very possible, depending on what you are looking for - the lower limit has to be RM500,000. Keep in mind all the peripheral expenses like legal fees and renovations/furniture/fittings before you can move in; after that monthly maintenance.
Check out also www.puterim.com, my website to help you get started.
In the long run it is most likely to be a good move. We who are already here are pleased we made the decision
Good luck!

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
My two cents worth....

You are indeed a freak!

Speaking for myself, didnt buy a property to grow lady fingers or even tomatoes to eat. Most of us are talking about houses which hopefully have a yard to do some laundry and perhaps some grass to grow on. I am all for organic but unfortunately, I will have to leave the planting, growing and harvesting to someone else that has enough land to do so....

Now, talking about your friend, rather than being so afraid or paranoid, dont you think you should be advising him/her to get her soil tested to verify instead of worrying for her life!

On a separate note about getting rid of termite by poisoning the soil is completely unfounded in my opinion. Personally (again speaking for myself), I also hope developers will help in termite treatment in all their developments. Those who has done it, will know that this is a very expensive affair even for one house. And we are talking about leisure farm here, you got to be kidding because of the vast land acreage we are talking about. However, if you are talking about air pollution here, I am not sure if your few km from Tuas will make any different.

I appreciate your contribution and advice for us to be more aware of the issue. The only part which I think you are absolutely right is that "you are a freak" and more shocking you said you are from the chemical industry.

rw6akr

Alfrescian
Loyal
After visiting JUSCO at Bukit Indah today I'm getting concerned about too many people in the area. Good to see people around but getting too crowded to enjoy. Hope we will have more shopping centers here at IM soon!

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
trithl said:
they show a letter of application, not letter of approval. they don't have perimeter fencing, with the last row backing the shoplot will be secured by "gate". what type of gate, we don't know.

They claimed that all "gate" will have CCTV to ensure security of the last row residents...

I asked: why not full perimeter fencing, the answer was " for ambulance to pass by". So that means Horizon Hill, NI all possess danger of Ambulance can't pass by? Their answer perplexed me...

Most HH precincts and other projects are not strata type. In other words, the roads in the development are all public roads. No matter how "gated guarded" one tries to implement, the law do not allow for full obstruction of public vehicles. Very few people know the security implications between strata and non-strata.

Maintenance of non strata development is opt in based. In other words, one can't do anything to an owner who doesn't want to pay for security and maintenance. When too many owners see others not paying, that's where the problem starts. Neighborhood deteriorate and security compromised.

On the other hand, according to the strata law in Malaysia, if an owner in a strata development do not pay for maintenance, his vehicle can be legally wheel clamped by the property manager to force him to pay up.

Status
Not open for further replies.