• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

east539

Alfrescian
Loyal
one question.. i went in yesterday without the white card.. wasn't questioned or stopped. came out unscathed :biggrin:
it was a bit of risk there.. so.. they officially don't need it already?

heard the white card is still MIA at the moment...but dunno how true is it?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thx bro Lemans, how about the 22x75? typical one BR down and three upstair? I heard got 50 years of club house membership (Non golf)

Hello Trithl & Nesta0013
Sorry i did not ask them about the 22 x75 sft as i was more interested in 22 x 100 ft... deep and long land is lovely!
My feel is the psf price appears moderate... unlike the usual wave after wave of price increases. However, don't look at psf price as it means very little.
A Malaysian house that is 22 ft wide is... very narrow. I would consider such layout as "budget" category, hence the price appears moderate but is it?
I think Nusa Idaman has many house models wider than this. Just imagine a 22 ft width split into 2 rooms.. that is just 11 ft wide for each room. Of course, the master occupies the entire 22 ft width. I would for something at least 24 ft wide.

Hence.. please look at the layout of the whole house and not psf price :smile:

trithl

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Nesta, Welcome !

Have you read all the postings? Both here (Living in JB 2) and in Living in JB...Plenty of great info and advice there...Be patient and read through them...:biggrin:

As you have noted, most of us here are vested in NI and HH but there also some in EL, PH, BI, DO, LF...Happy hunting... :biggrin:

Bro diaspora, what is DO by the way? You meant Danga Bay or sth else...

CameraMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
one question.. i went in yesterday without the white card.. wasn't questioned or stopped. came out unscathed :biggrin:
it was a bit of risk there.. so.. they officially don't need it already?

Dear greddy88,

They ran out of white card, again. That's why you came out unscathed. You'll still need to fill one when it becomes available again if you do not have MACS.

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fairway Suites in HH is called Fairway Suites Apartment; Ujana and Impiana in East Ledang are called Ujana Executive Apartment and Impiana Resort Apartment respectively; Nusa Duta calls its high-rise D'Rich Condo Suites; Horizon Residence calls itself Horizon Residence Luxury Apartment.

Any Bros or Sis want to share the views regarding the difference among "Apartment", "Executive Apartment", "Resort Apartment", "Luxury Apartment", "Condo" or in general the difference between "Apartment" and "Condo" in MY's context?

Nusa Data has launched D'Rich Condo Suites. Most are starting from RM 300k onwards. RM 500k gets you a nice 3 bedder at mid-level. Location is behind Giant Bukit Indah. FYI if apartments are your cup of tea.

Last edited:

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
I looked at this development about 4 to 5 months ago and saw from a discussion forum (written in Chinese, don't remember the website address; but any interested Bros and Sis can certainly search for it) and also heard that a lot of owners who got their properties there were frustrated with the misleading tactics used by the developer about the G&G issues and the way the developer handled and addressed the owners' concerns after more owners voiced out discontent about the G&G issues. I also made phone calls to get more information and all I got was ambiguous, confusing and unsatisfactory answer regarding the development about the G&G thing. My verdict was even they gave me 30% discount, personally I was still not interested in this development simply because of lack of confidence and trust of the corresponding developer.

Which type is that? A. B or C? I think phase 3 was pre-launched two months back, roughly about 20k+ cheaper

They still haven't come back to me with a satisfactory answer about the G&G, otherwise I would consider this development due to the low entry price...

Last edited:

CameraMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just last week I went in, my wife didn't have MACS cos her passport had less than 2 years to expiry, the officer asked for white card. Maybe depends on the mood of the officer in booth?

Hi Teck21,

Your wife can apply for MACS even if her passport has less than 2 years to expiry. I got mine today. But I do not know what the latest limit is.

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Teck21, like Bro CameraMan said, your wife may still be able to apply for MACS. If I don't remember wrong, if your wife's passport's expirary date is more than 13 months from now, then your wife should be able to get MACS.

Just last week I went in, my wife didn't have MACS cos her passport had less than 2 years to expiry, the officer asked for white card. Maybe depends on the mood of the officer in booth?

Hi Teck21,

Your wife can apply for MACS even if her passport has less than 2 years to expiry. I got mine today. But I do not know what the latest limit is.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Understand how you feel. Well, dont fret. Life goes on. It is not the end of the world. It may be your your lucky day. My family used to tell me..if a house is meant to be yours, then it will be yours. You may even get a better one. As for the seller who is toying around, good luck to him then. Remember there are plenty of houses around.

Hi dream or action,

Am so sorry to hear that, I have a smiliar ex but in Singapore many years ago, I have been chasing this house for more than a week, upping my option money on n on, it's an emotional rollercoaster, I must admit. At the end, the agent failed to close the deal. I was very upset, flipped the newspaper, insist on viewing n buying one the very night, went to view this property n bought my present house, a fifty meter long land facing the natural reserve yet it's cheaper than the other one. Am sure u will get a much better deal.
Cheers.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks bro. It's just annoying. The seller have advertised it for about a month. And after so much talking, then suddenly he didn't want to sell. Guess he knows if I could offer this current price now, there might be other guys (or "water fish") offering higher. I pray and curse he will never sell his bloody house and better still, the bank possess his house! Okay, just letting it out....Mean no harm ...

i think such cases happen more for just completed brand new properties. The sellers thought they made a profit when they compare current prices vs how much they paid for 2 years back. When the selling process starts and they realise that there are penalty for early loan redemption, captial gains tax, legal fees, agent fees etc...profit is substantially less or even close to nothing after factoring in interest and initial acquistion cost. And when they look see around for the next prop to invest in, they realise price in general has gone up too...if sell high, got to buy high also..so eventually no sale.

This I blame on overly enthu agents for not laying out all the facts to the sellers at the beginning.

Cheers.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Teck21, like Bro CameraMan said, your wife may still be able to apply for MACS. If I don't remember wrong, if your wife's passport's expirary date is more than 13 months from now, then your wife should be able to get MACS.

Passport valid at least 13 mths will do.
Jusco at bk Indah still hv mobile station till 15 jan.

Diaspora

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro diaspora, what is DO by the way? You meant Danga Bay or sth else...

Bro trithl,

Dato Onn...:biggrin: and for that matter, include ST for Setia Tropika in Kempas as well...plenty of development projects in IM now...
For DO and ST, both will benefit from the new EDL..but the toll wont be cheap...too bad....

yowetan

Hi All,

I am a new here. I have read with great interest in migrating myself and family to the place across the causeway.

Could someone shed some light, and how to go about it to make a very first step possible; I would appreciate if the originator, Wuqi or veteran forumer who can guide and bring me to various ground to evaluate and analyze the feasibility of my second home plan.

Also, my budget is nothing fasinating and I am looking around 600-700k RM Nett for a roof. The concern here is - feasibility, accessibility, security and reliability.

I am seeking for kind hearted people to drop me messages, so I could take my very first small step and I hope I am not chasing up the property market in JB now.

TIA.

trithl

Alfrescian
Loyal
I looked at this development about 4 to 5 months ago and saw from a discussion forum (written in Chinese, don't remember the website address; but any interested Bros and Sis can certainly search for it) and also heard that a lot of owners who got their properties there were frustrated with the misleading tactics used by the developer about the G&G issues and the way the developer handled and addressed the owners' concerns after more owners voiced out discontent about the G&G issues. I also made phone calls to get more information and all I got was ambiguous, confusing and unsatisfactory answer regarding the development about the G&G thing. My verdict was even they gave me 30% discount, personally I was still not interested in this development simply because of lack of confidence and trust of the corresponding developer.

Fully agree, true G&G will require all residents to sign a document called Deed of Covenant. Similar to condo, it make paying monthly security/maintenance fee a responsibility of every single resident.

It has to be FULL PERIMETER fencing (not 70% fencing with 30% gates or so) with single entry and single exit point.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
I personally do like their properties. It's just that the location is a bit further for daily travelling to customs. If i have no time constraint, I would have bought their casania house as i really like the entire sutera eateries, shopping etc. they also have semi-d, apart from the town houses, but it's at the seeds

Hi DREAMorACTION,

Exactly. And who are those earning 9k/month? Those young people coming out from university have been only drawing 3-5K even after working for 5 years or more. Don't forget there's other expenses as well e.g. car, insurance etc.

Yup. Impression by Tanah Sutera. I went and have a look last weekend. Seems that the quality of the materials used are better.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah bro, thanks. Won't give up. Just disappointed with the amount of time spent with no result. I'm just an employee with limited number of vacation leaves per year. So, don't have the luxury of time. Have to fully utilise every weekend from now on :wink:

Understand how you feel. Well, dont fret. Life goes on. It is not the end of the world. It may be your your lucky day. My family used to tell me..if a house is meant to be yours, then it will be yours. You may even get a better one. As for the seller who is toying around, good luck to him then. Remember there are plenty of houses around.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah bro. It's out of many locals reach. I have quite a few young Malaysian friends and they always aim for properties about 250k to 350k. It just means that they have to stay further away but they are practical, they only pay for what it is worth, without the development gimmicks/future potential. They are just content with a house and grow a family. So, different consideration all together ...

Hi DREAMorACTION,

Exactly. And who are those earning 9k/month? Those young people coming out from university have been only drawing 3-5K even after working for 5 years or more. Don't forget there's other expenses as well e.g. car, insurance etc.

Yup. Impression by Tanah Sutera. I went and have a look last weekend. Seems that the quality of the materials used are better.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow bro, such sharing is uplifting. So far, I have only been looking at online websites. Okay, I'll go to buy newspaper to widen my search. Cheers!

Hi dream or action,

Am so sorry to hear that, I have a smiliar ex but in Singapore many years ago, I have been chasing this house for more than a week, upping my option money on n on, it's an emotional rollercoaster, I must admit. At the end, the agent failed to close the deal. I was very upset, flipped the newspaper, insist on viewing n buying one the very night, went to view this property n bought my present house, a fifty meter long land facing the natural reserve yet it's cheaper than the other one. Am sure u will get a much better deal.
Cheers.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both agent and seller are to be blamed. They mess with other people's life. If the seller is a flipper, he or she ought to know what kind of game he is in, including the costs involved? He or she can't just fully rely on an agent, without knowing anything, surely? Anyway, both seller and agent are found guilty and I now sentence them to work for life for bro yonglip lol :p

i think such cases happen more for just completed brand new properties. The sellers thought they made a profit when they compare current prices vs how much they paid for 2 years back. When the selling process starts and they realise that there are penalty for early loan redemption, captial gains tax, legal fees, agent fees etc...profit is substantially less or even close to nothing after factoring in interest and initial acquistion cost. And when they look see around for the next prop to invest in, they realise price in general has gone up too...if sell high, got to buy high also..so eventually no sale.

This I blame on overly enthu agents for not laying out all the facts to the sellers at the beginning.

Cheers.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was nusajaya. Last evening, I expanded my search to cover DO. There are a few at DO, so I will examine the feasibility. ST and Adda are out.

I take all your comments in getting property from the developers. But sub-sale suits me more due to time factor ...Hope the next seller/agent will not inflict more pains to me. Fingers crossed

By the way, which area and project are you looking at?
There's sutera utama, NI, bukit indah etc. Plenty of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.