• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
7.1 refers to the number of speakers meaning 2 front speakers, 2 rear speakers, 2 speakers placed in the middle of the room at the side and 1 front centre speaker while the ".1" refers to the subwoofer. Since the digital audio signal transmits better thru wires than wireless, he did up his wiring thru the plaster ceiling and had the ends located at 6 sides of the room, and originating from the front. Then he had his hard disk player placed into his laundry room which was behind the AV room; there was an opening in the wall. Looks like I should get his feedback and ideas for my own setup.

Thanks for clarification. Cos over here there is this so call invisible speaker really plaster to wall or ceiling. tot I wanna find out feedback on performance

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are a lot more bro. But I won't overwhelm you :smile: Pioneer produces a wide range of system too. You can also look at that

Yes, Many ways to conceal the wires. Just see if one is willing to pay for more cables or conduits etc

Wow, so many professional brands coming out. I've only heard of Bose, Denon, Onkyo and Yamaha... for my AV room, i was only thinking of Sony, Samsung, etc. Looks like more research is needed to get a decent brand that is long-lasting. My cousin in Australia installed the wiring for a 7.1 system into his plaster ceiling, so it looks tidy, etc.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Your Friendly Bank in Singapore!

爱国诗人。。。的心。。。。。

A learned bro shared this with me in response to my work.

The vanishing skyline

The land i used to know, the smiles i used to see.
Vanishing without a trace, yet another new face.

The people now seemed so strange, many more languages in a range

Adapt or die they say, but not to the guest, to our great dismay
To the host, they say complain not, to the guest they smiled and say,
why not?

Where does this road leads us, if economic prowess is the only
way. The lost and hungry never get their say. An empty tray
in a fastfood restaurant awaits them and a spare place in void deck
beckons.

An empty shell with gilded bars, a prison full of crowded cars.
Lacking soul in its constant pursuit of the next dollar while
always ignoring the many losses.

A generation lost, a nation overcome without any force

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

A learned bro shared this with me in response to my work.

The vanishing skyline

The land i used to know, the smiles i used to see.
Vanishing without a trace, yet another new face.

The people now seemed so strange, many more languages in a range

Adapt or die they say, but not to the guest, to our great dismay
To the host, they say complain not, to the guest they smiled and say,
why not?

Where does this road leads us, if economic prowess is the only
way. The lost and hungry never get their say. An empty tray
in a fastfood restaurant awaits them and a spare place in void deck
beckons.

An empty shell with gilded bars, a prison full of crowded cars.
Lacking soul in its constant pursuit of the next dollar while
always ignoring the many losses.

A generation lost, a nation overcome without any force

Look at it in a more positive light: the mess created resulted in sky high prices and forces many people and businesses to switch to JB instead. When it is messy, there are opportunities. I suppose you have benefited from this as a landlord and business operator in JB.

It is only the next generation (in their teens or younger now) in Singapore who are not so lucky. Now richer parents are trying their best to help their children as much as they can by buying up houses and saving up for them.

bbbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are a lot more bro. But I won't overwhelm you :smile: Pioneer produces a wide range of system too. You can also look at that

Yes, Many ways to conceal the wires. Just see if one is willing to pay for more cables or conduits etc

Me wanted to change my onkyo+jamo to a better one.. but with the extensive $$$$ spending in the renovation... put it on hold first.

Nonetheless, eyeing on a karaoke system so friends can really enjoy when hving gathering.. on top of that thinking to get a X-Box 360 Kinect too..

mika14

Alfrescian
Loyal
My own preference is NOT to watch English/Ang Mo movies in Malaysia because of the tough censorship rules. I prefer to watch Canto/Hong Kong movies in Malaysia cos its not dubbed and the original spoken language is maintained.

Also not recommended to buy original/genuine DVDs from JB as their censorship is very strict.

mika14

Alfrescian
Loyal
My own preference is NOT to watch English/Ang Mo movies in Malaysia because of the tough censorship rules. I prefer to watch Canto/Hong Kong movies in Malaysia cos its not dubbed and the original spoken language is maintained.

Also not recommended to buy original/genuine DVDs from Jb as censorship too strict

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wa, 佩服.

Lots of efforts and $$$ to set things up.

did up his wiring thru the plaster ceiling and had the ends located at 6 sides of the room, and originating from the front. Then he had his hard disk player placed into his laundry room which was behind the AV room; there was an opening in the wall. Looks like I should get his feedback and ideas for my own setup.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all

Went for furniture search today at Hup Lee at Taman Nusa Bestari, think this was recommended in the forum, finally found the place. But think it was not our day again, a young Msian ch lady was in the shop, but we can feel she didnt feel like serving us right
and cannot be bothered with us attitude... i was quite keen in the sofa set and e wardrobe set which cost 3299 and 4299.
Wonder if Singaporeans are being pai chi in JB? or just my luck again....or e items bought too little for them to earn??

So far, we met Msian agents here and they are more enthu to serve us. of course, agents earn comm directly fr us so more enthu this one we can understand.
Hope the stay in 9-hu would be a :smile: one though

Till there

Hi, customer service is not that bad, Melody according to my experience. You may have gone to the wrong one.

I have been to Rustica, ANZ furniture, Heng Fuat , Ibenz , Hong Lee and the one opposite the RHB Bank ...their customer service is commendable. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi, customer service is not that bad, Melody according to my experience. You may have gone to the wrong one.

I have been to Rustica, ANZ furniture, Heng Fuat , Ibenz , Hong Lee and the one opposite the RHB Bank ...their customer service is commendable. :smile:

Thanks for addressing to the right person. I was not the one posting this but somehow it looks like my posting.

Today just went to Tesco in the early morning, a very nice old Malay auntie asked me to go first as i only had 1 item. I refused initially but she insisted, so very thankful, i kept thanking her. My mom's experience wasn't so good as a young couple jumped queue in front of her (at the fresh fruits weighing queue) and two other old ladies, she told me later when she came out.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
To those who knows Mr Dennis Ng, my sincere condolences to his family.

The good die young. Though i don't know him personally, i could see from
the comments on FB that he has been sharing a lot and giving lots of good ideas.

Lots of good people gone this year it seems.

Salute to them for their kindness, constant guidance to all and bucking the
selfish trait ingrained in most of us.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Q Jumpers are everywhere. They just make the experience unpleasant.

Arguments and fights are sometimes the end result.

Everyone just wants to get ahead ... some accomplish the unreasonable way.

My mom's experience wasn't so good as a young couple jumped queue in front of her (at the fresh fruits weighing queue) and two other old ladies, she told me later when she came out.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys, this is my own experience, again this was posted earlier but just to share:

1-26% and can deduct against many claimable expenses, even internet and computer - Only catch is at least 182 days in Malaysia
A friend of mine who has 3 houses rented out paid a grand total of 4k for the taxes after deductions
Once you get the tax number, go down to the tax office, near Angsana shopping centre and get your online PIN. You can then use
that PIN permanently (yes can change PIN number later, yes its a one time effort to go down)
Then you can file accordingly.

Thanks for all the sharing from Asianbo, Mingchye and Wuqi on the taxation question.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Arguments and fights are sometimes the end result.

Everyone just wants to get ahead ... some accomplish the unreasonable way.

Met quite a few gracious people in Singapore who although was in front of me, gave their place as they were still figuring out what to pay, etc.
Thanked them profusely.

Yet one time, i just walked faster and went to an ATM, a woman arrived 5 seconds after me and kept making "tsk tsk" sounds, if she had asked
nicely, i would have gladly let her use first but because she behaved like that, i didn't. A lot of times, these people seemed to be in a hurry, yet
after parking their cars, etc they stroll as if they have all the time in the world. One woman jumped queue and after that, still had to wait for her
hubby to come. (He came just as the last of the long queue got to the ATM)

Yet we also have people who use ATM/CAMs for more than 5 transactions at one go so its a mixed bag. I always wait patiently even if the person in front makes 2-3 deposits but when its my turn, just 1 deposit already have someone behind you (who just came and queued) making all kinds of sounds and noises, clearing throats etc. I am also very fast when at the ATM/CAMs so its really very weird sometimes, everyone is too stressed these days.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, people rush in queues, on the road etc but yet "waste" time doing nothing after this rush. It is sort of in the DNA.

The pace of life is just weird.

Having said this, I always make it a point to make away on the road for the super rush car, just in case it is a genuine one that is on emergency.

Met quite a few gracious people in Singapore who although was in front of me, gave their place as they were still figuring out what to pay, etc.
Thanked them profusely.

Yet one time, i just walked faster and went to an ATM, a woman arrived 5 seconds after me and kept making "tsk tsk" sounds, if she had asked
nicely, i would have gladly let her use first but because she behaved like that, i didn't. A lot of times, these people seemed to be in a hurry, yet
after parking their cars, etc they stroll as if they have all the time in the world. One woman jumped queue and after that, still had to wait for her
hubby to come. (He came just as the last of the long queue got to the ATM)

Yet we also have people who use ATM/CAMs for more than 5 transactions at one go so its a mixed bag. I always wait patiently even if the person in front makes 2-3 deposits but when its my turn, just 1 deposit already have someone behind you (who just came and queued) making all kinds of sounds and noises, clearing throats etc. I am also very fast when at the ATM/CAMs so its really very weird sometimes, everyone is too stressed these days.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

U can see many of the Japs even at Aeon BI. Had lunch there and saw a grp of japs. This time round they dont need bicycles but its an 'invasion' nonetheless :smile:..they are raiding properties in jb like hotcakes..

This is confirmed by a casual conversation with a developer staff yesterday. Japanese are not coming in hoardes but there's a significant number of them here; both for retirement and setting up plants. The Japanese Tsuinami has led to a major rethink.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Look at it in a more positive light: the mess created resulted in sky high prices and forces many people and businesses to switch to JB instead. When it is messy, there are opportunities. I suppose you have benefited from this as a landlord and business operator in JB.

It is only the next generation (in their teens or younger now) in Singapore who are not so lucky. Now richer parents are trying their best to help their children as much as they can by buying up houses and saving up for them.

We need to look at new frontiers.

And that may be something that the younger generation would need to learn.

Iskandar is one such place; maybe Myanmar or even Africa.

Status
Not open for further replies.