• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
A very interesting analysis indeed...So, based on your analysis, he should have profited from his investment moons ago...or in a worse case scenario, the loss should not be as much as he claimed. Maybe it should be 14years instead of 17 after factoring a 3years construction period...:-)

Bro Diaspora

Thanks but it is just a guess.

Aim is to point out a few key learning points:

1. Time may erase investment mistakes
2. Always helps if you get steady income from your investment property
3. Foreign exchange losses may weigh down your gains
4. But if you are living in the location, then a dollar gain is a dollar gain, no more or less except for inflation costs!

Just my two cents worth. :p :p :p

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
China:Iskandar 80:20??
2,600units of high end condo with no sales restrictions to foreigners...

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/7/19/business/20120719153223&sec=business

Published: Thursday July 19, 2012 MYT 3:15:00 PM

China company, Medini Iskandar in RM2.6b condo project
By Ng Bei Shan

KUALA LUMPUR: China's Qingdao Zhuoyuan Investment Holdings is teaming up with Iskandar Investment Bhd's subsidiary, Medini Iskandar Malaysia Sdn Bhd to undertake a high-end condominium project.

The companies said on Thursday the project in Medini Iskandar Malaysia, Nusajaya, would have a gross development value of RM2.6bil.
no sales restrictions to foreigners.

Charge of the Chinese calvary!!!

Didn't one of the forummers here posted a news about Chinese properties offering a buy 1 Chinese luxury property and get 1 Kuala Lumpur apartment free?

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just sold a property in Philippines, got very nice furniture, dun know should i ship to here or give away? Give away heart pain! sell away , no one will buy! got a dining table 8 seater with marble top and lazy susie. .. all antique solid wood and brand new. Sold all the properties there already so dun need to fly here and there! The houses in MY are more up to date then those houses there, sad to say! Dun know CHL do moving from there to here, cos they post international moving, maybe not huh?

Bros here pls enlighten.... felt so heart pain if those furniture given away! Any cheap way to ship here?

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just sold a property in Philippines, got very nice furniture, dun know should i ship to here or give away? Give away heart pain! sell away , no one will buy! got a dining table 8 seater with marble top and lazy susie. .. all antique solid wood and brand new. Sold all the properties there already so dun need to fly here and there! The houses in MY are more up to date then those houses there, sad to say! Dun know CHL do moving from there to here, cos they post international moving, maybe not huh?

Bros here pls enlighten.... felt so heart pain if those furniture given away! Any cheap way to ship here?

Wow! You are definitely a multi-national property investor. Impressed. How's the investment climate in PH?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just to share,

Is the daily RM10k deposit limit into your Malaysia bank account(under foreigner's name) a hassle for you guys so far?
I just realised that the limit only applies to cash deposit. There's no limit if you deposit with cheque.

Local money changers in Sg who do TT for you has this daily limit too because their method of deposit into your account is also by cash(good exchange rate).
Some other reputable agencies who do TT for you has no limit because they are not crediting your account with cash(exchange rate not as good as most money changers).

neshnara

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can someone help me? I committed to a property in JB and I need to pay the S&P and legal fees. How do i go about paying it? I dont have a bank account in Malaysia yet and I can't bring in large amount of cash for the payment. Can anyone give me options on how to do it?

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can someone help me? I committed to a property in JB and I need to pay the S&P and legal fees. How do i go about paying it? I dont have a bank account in Malaysia yet and I can't bring in large amount of cash for the payment. Can anyone give me options on how to do it?

for you first payment which is not too big an amount, you can certainly pay by credit card or cheque..

you can also ask for the developer bank account and TT $ over. there is no limit how much you want to transfer.

jerrycoaching

Alfrescian
Loyal

U can TT the $$ to developer account. No limits. Rate now should ne 2.50. Yes, u can bring in large amount of cash just that it's super risky...

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow! You are definitely a multi-national property investor. Impressed. How's the investment climate in PH?

Actually the houses there are cheaper than MY, Tagaytay weather is like Genting 10 million peso only with swimming pool... Makati mostly condos, Paranaque which is near airport also good buy, near Mall of Asia.
It's a cheap country! Beer 1 case equivalent to 2 tiger beer in Sg, 1 ream cigarettes equivalent 1 pack in Sg...

Bros here free can fly there and enjoy life. I actually dun like taking planes, I never be able to sleep in the plane. Tried buy some beers to make myself sleepy but also can't sleep . All the time sit in the plane without much movements for 3 hours plus! Those travel long distance I really must salute them!

I sold my car and houses there, so next time I dun have to fly!! I felt safer staying on land..
It's a nice place to experience but u have to endure all those traffic which is 24/7 depend on location.
If u drive have to be careful, ppl will cross the road on the highway and actually there is a zebra crossing on the highways. They also have super highways where there is no crossing at all.

From the plane when landing, u can see lots of surprises! It's a country worse than MY... Everyday there's crime. U think it's a catholic country where everyone is fine, u know what most ppl got guns! Last time those gangsters politicians with plenty of money and flame, they want someone dead and the next day in the papers the whole family kana massacre ! Got drugs addict also! Rape, rob, holdup, etc all the news never been shown here maybe u have to subscribe. It's a place full of surprises!

Lucky for me, I am a low profile person. I can understand Tagalog and speak their language. Many Chinese do biz there. If yr biz click! Then u can have many branches and can even franchise, the rent is cheap also in the mall. Pig farm can click also, but need some ulu place like province. They LOVE pork! Dun know why... Farming Is a big biz also. Have all kind of poultry as u can.... Pigs, chicken, fish, goats...etc

Last edited:

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Melody, it is worth it but only if you feel happy about it. You can ask if they can put in more so that you can continue and landlord and you are both happy. Perception is very important in life. Back just few years back, 450k for a terrace was considered super expensive, now the same people who doubted my relatives are themselves coming out here. One of those who were asked, way back remarked recently to us that 870k for the terrace is considered cheap when he balked at the same type of unit (priced back then at 450k) just a few years back.

Perception colours what we see without our ever realising it.

The property scene in Singapore have changed drastically from 2 to 3 years back. Suddenly all the HDB owners, especially those who gotten the boot from cheap foreign workers-seeking bosses and have gotten reemployed at a lower pay package by "patriotic" Singapore employers found it worth the "trouble" to rent out their HDB flats and move over to JB for a low cost of living and extra "allowance" from their flat rental.

I believe the current exceptionally good HDB resales/rental prices (thanks to SG foreign worker policy) are contributing to the impetus for the increasing numbers of Singaporeans buying/moving over to JB properties, thus feeding on the greed of the Malaysian property developers' high asking prices. Back 2 to 3 years, the impetus is not strong then.

Recently, I must say with the success of this forum original intent, more Singaporean are able to access to a lot more JB property and living condition info here, and this has make them feel more confident and bolder to make a quick decision to put a stake in JB, thus fueling the escalating property asking prices recently.

But I am feeling a sense of a little overdone buying exuberance by Singaporeans in JB property scene and also unsustainable greed from the Malaysian developers' asking price. A consolidation seems about to take place soon once the force of the Singaporean impetus winds down due to
a less than expected bright property scene in Singapore HDB resales/rental scene and the tightening of foreign worker policy.

Those who are now feeding (especially if they are in large numbers) the greed of the JB developers may very well turn around to be a negative force later in sustaining the high prices of JB properties.
In that case, if coupled with a realized full blown Euro crisis, a consolidation may very well turn into a bear scene, especially if Singaporeans are maxing out their loan for their JB properties.

Hate to imagine a Malaysian shares glob-like scenario happening in the JB property scene; may be an extremely unlikely thought for now for most buyers but you will never know a tusunami coming until it unleashes its full forces.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Teck, saw your ad for sale:

http://thinkproperty.com.my/realestate/listing-details/buy/1644819/?referer=search

Not going to stay there afterall? Staying back in SG?

Teck has shown his passion and excitement about Living in Iskandar for the past year and many of us have became his online friends with common goals and we have been following his updates on the creation of his dream home. It's kinda sad that Teck has decided to sell his unit after all the effort he had put in to create his dream home in Iskandar. Teck, I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Last edited:

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, truly agree. For the fear of being accused of being with ill intention or poor foresight, I would only 'recommend' those who can really afford the 'investment' and can stomach the risk involved.

As you said, it was on a 'pro bono' basis...so, why carry the unnecessary burden / responsibilities, furthermore, if the deals gone bad, they may even ruin the previous close / good relationship...
But if they really made tonnes of money out of it...rarely will they remember who recommended them initially...sigh~~~

That's right. Be cautious, don't over recommend and not only will you save your relationship, you may very well save your own properties from an unnecessary deep correction in valuation prices.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The property scene in Singapore have changed drastically from 2 to 3 years back. Suddenly all the HDB owners, especially those who gotten the boot from cheap foreign workers-seeking bosses and have gotten reemployed at a lower pay package by "patriotic" Singapore employers found it worth the "trouble" to rent out their HDB flats and move over to JB for a low cost of living and extra "allowance" from their flat rental.

I believe the current exceptionally good HDB resales/rental prices (thanks to SG foreign worker policy) are contributing to the impetus for the increasing numbers of Singaporeans buying/moving over to JB properties, thus feeding on the greed of the Malaysian property developers' high asking prices. Back 2 to 3 years, the impetus is not strong then.

Recently, I must say with the success of this forum original intent, more Singaporean are able to access to a lot more JB property and living condition info here, and this has make them feel more confident and bolder to make a quick decision to put a stake in JB, thus fueling the escalating property asking prices recently.

But I am feeling a sense of a little overdone buying exuberance by Singaporeans in JB property scene and also unsustainable greed from the Malaysian developers' asking price. A consolidation seems about to take place soon once the force of the Singaporean impetus winds down due to
a less than expected bright property scene in Singapore HDB resales/rental scene and the tightening of foreign worker policy.

Those who are now feeding (especially if they are in large numbers) the greed of the JB developers may very well turn around to be a negative force later in sustaining the high prices of JB properties.
In that case, if coupled with a realized full blown Euro crisis, a consolidation may very well turn into a bear scene, especially if Singaporeans are maxing out their loan for their JB properties.

Hate to imagine a Malaysian shares glob-like scenario happening in the JB property scene; may be an extremely unlikely thought for now for most buyers but you will never know a tusunami coming until it unleashes its full forces.

Singaporeans love properties because they are screwed by ultra low interest rate either from the bank or from CPF, and inflation caused by higher rental and transport costs. Iskandar has steadily been gathering foreign investments. The committed investments should be ready from 2012 to the next few years. As long as it is growing, it is hard for property prices there to collapse.

US, EU, China etc are in money printing mode now. As long as you don't borrow 80% for your properties and have a installment buffer for at least a year, you should be safe because corrections should not be so deep. A stable job helps a lot of course.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went up to Bt Indah on several occasions on wkday afternoons. I was surprised to c e area quite a lot of pp, but v few S-plate cars. These pp muz b Malaysians or Singaporean retirees who have shifted to Bt Indah n surrounding area. Internal demand is good in e area, prices wont collapse ard there. For e other areas in JB, there is quite a lot of hype. Prices will still go up eventually but it is e rate of development tt is e risk. Condos r still more risky than landed.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually the houses there are cheaper than MY, Tagaytay weather is like Genting 10 million peso only with swimming pool... Makati mostly condos, Paranaque which is near airport also good buy, near Mall of Asia.
It's a cheap country! Beer 1 case equivalent to 2 tiger beer in Sg, 1 ream cigarettes equivalent 1 pack in Sg...

Bros here free can fly there and enjoy life. I actually dun like taking planes, I never be able to sleep in the plane. Tried buy some beers to make myself sleepy but also can't sleep . All the time sit in the plane without much movements for 3 hours plus! Those travel long distance I really must salute them!

I sold my car and houses there, so next time I dun have to fly!! I felt safer staying on land..
It's a nice place to experience but u have to endure all those traffic which is 24/7 depend on location.
If u drive have to be careful, ppl will cross the road on the highway and actually there is a zebra crossing on the highways. They also have super highways where there is no crossing at all.

From the plane when landing, u can see lots of surprises! It's a country worse than MY... Everyday there's crime. U think it's a catholic country where everyone is fine, u know what most ppl got guns! Last time those gangsters politicians with plenty of money and flame, they want someone dead and the next day in the papers the whole family kana massacre ! Got drugs addict also! Rape, rob, holdup, etc all the news never been shown here maybe u have to subscribe. It's a place full of surprises!

Lucky for me, I am a low profile person. I can understand Tagalog and speak their language. Many Chinese do biz there. If yr biz click! Then u can have many branches and can even franchise, the rent is cheap also in the mall. Pig farm can click also, but need some ulu place like province. They LOVE pork! Dun know why... Farming Is a big biz also. Have all kind of poultry as u can.... Pigs, chicken, fish, goats...etc

Thanks for sharing your investment experience in the Philippines, Brother Arowana88.

I know the security situation can be quite dire there but if one fears Philippines, then there's always Pakistan or some African nations as a comparison. Seeing someone being shot in front of you may sound like a scene out of an action movie but it is not surreal at all.

Quite keen to understand more about pig farming there and surprised that it comprises a major part of the Filipino diet. Agriculture and farming may be the next big thing if you believe Jim Rogers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6DWa6BtE9I

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans love properties because they are screwed by ultra low interest rate either from the bank or from CPF, and inflation caused by higher rental and transport costs. Iskandar has steadily been gathering foreign investments. The committed investments should be ready from 2012 to the next few years. As long as it is growing, it is hard for property prices there to collapse.

Bro FHBH12

Great points!

I'll be careful here if you ask me.

For any property, whether in Singapore, Hong Kong, China or Iskandar, there will be a limit to the upside. You are right to point out that the low interest rate environment coupled by the confidence issues related to banks and currencies have turned the attention on countries like Singapore with its tripe-A economy. While I do not wish anything bad would befall the island, being a citizen here, there are risks.

What happens if the hot money unwind their investments and move elsewhere once the investment climate globally improves?

Like in the discovery of the New World, European contact enabled the transmission of diseases to previously isolated communities, which caused devastation far exceeding that of even the Black Death in fourteenth century Europe. Europeans brought deadly viruses and bacteria, such as smallpox, measles, typhus, and cholera, for which Native Americans had no immunity towards. While I am not equating the sociological impact of foreign funds on the Singapore Republic with that, many of us (including the Government) have not fully understood the financial and social fractures that we may suffer in the future.

Also, food and water source would be a big challenge in time to come and we should be searching for investment locations that are capable of handling food and resource crises.

US, EU, China etc are in money printing mode now. As long as you don't borrow 80% for your properties and have a installment buffer for at least a year, you should be safe because corrections should not be so deep. A stable job helps a lot of course.

Yes, a good debt service ratio - preferably bellow 30% would be a good start.

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro FHBH12

Also, food and water source would be a big challenge in time to come and we should be searching for investment locations that are capable of handling food and resource crises.

That is why JB is superior than HDB lor . We have cheap source of water , food and even energy , haha . At worse we plant our own sweet potatos in the garden and go out fishing at night .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.