• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Absolutely, especially in such warm weather, airconditioning is useful when you have to stay indoors. Else i prefer to wind down the windows and go driving around with my old folks especially at night.

The nights are getting warmer and let's not even mention about the days! Looks like we really need to 'tahan' this for another month or two. Any other nice air-contitioned F&B outlets in Bukit Indah after 10pm? Just wondering.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
The last 3 parts are especially very damaging and once converted, it is too late to turn back.
As per this comic strip, the change is irreversible.

http://dilbert.com/dyn/str_strip/00...0/000000/30000/3000/200/33268/33268.strip.gif

Haha, I think as long as she enjoys herself. What's more, I think Sanur is offering some 'training' too in that department.

Anyway, all the discussions on purchase of electrical appliances in JB clearly shows that there are price advantages to do shopping here. Very sustainable as compared to Singapore.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes they did, as i always told my wife (who also drove while we were in the states) its just 70 mph only. - Just joking
:wink:

Seriously, i think for now it is 70. Good way to tell is to use your GPS(hopefully updated) when going about your way,
it will warn and indicate the current speed limit. I use it often so at least i know when to slow down and when there are
camera zones. Still i always prefer to drive safely whenever possible. :smile:

I am not sure if it is more dangerous to drive in Singapore or Malaysian.

The island has its fair share of bad accidents of late.

1. PRC-driven delivery truck overturned in Farrer Road on Sunday.
2. Sri-Lankan FT mounts kerb and kills senior citizen.
3. Ferrari - No explanation needed for this case.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
cluster semi-D sounds like cluster at the price of semi-D... though I am sure it is bigger..

Bro, how does a cluster semi-D look like ? As far as I know , cluster = 4 house in a lot . Semi-D = 2 house in a lot . Am I right to say that ? By the way is that cluster semi - d the same type IJM land advertised for RM 880K ?

Last edited:

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, how does a cluster semi-D look like ? As far as I know , cluster = 4 house in a lot . Semi-D = 2 house in a lot . Am I right to say that ? By the way is that cluster semi - d the same type IJM land advertised for RM 880K ?

You are right, it is a 4 house in a lot. Some developers call it Cluster Semi-D (I know IJM does that for Nusa Duta).

Yes, but I think those in the RM 800K+ are no longer available. There are remaining ones at RM 900K+ waiting to be snapped up. Not sure if there are any bros/sis out there who have bought the new phase units.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
The last 3 parts are especially very damaging and once converted, it is too late to turn back.
As per this comic strip, the change is irreversible.

http://dilbert.com/dyn/str_strip/00...0/000000/30000/3000/200/33268/33268.strip.gif

Agreed, but there are many things one could do, example, being a parent volunteer in their kids school, like doing prayers, reading program with those Kids under their learning support, teaching bible study, being their adhoc stand by etc etc, need not be having Mani/pedi, hair or facial all the time. Best of all, you don have to spend money...

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Sanur. I am sure that she will enjoy the company. Once we make the plans to cross over, getting connected with the community will become very important.

But just don't tell my wife to get a tree house, at least not built like your standard. :smile:

Wahahaha, don worry, I can issue u guarantee card, all my friends (husband) knows that I am very down to earth... Hehe, so far none of them influence by me. And your kids can come over to b monkeys in my treehouse... I will teach your wife how to save n give the best to the family instead! Hehehe

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wahahaha, don worry, I can issue u guarantee card, all my friends (husband) knows that I am very down to earth... Hehe, so far none of them influence by me. And your kids can come over to b monkeys in my treehouse... I will teach your wife how to save n give the best to the family instead! Hehehe

Actually, I think my kids would be quite excited by that! :smile:

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
not suprised. many brand names exctly assembled end products in ASEAN to minimise import tax disadvantage. Used to find product cartons marked with made in kOREA/JAPAN, but now manufactured by Sanyo/LG
Just returned from JB.

Was sourcing for electronics for our home and we were shopping @ JUSCO.

A panasonic 6.5kg cost RM699, a 42inch lcd tv is around rm1300, standing fan is around rm60plus...

We haven't been to other electronics shop and will do so soon.

We used to have a thinking that JB electronics are more exp than SG. But not that exp la.. maybe exp by an extra $10-$100.

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
way to produce goody goody, fight only when u are ordered to, don't take things into your own hands, not safe for atas
Extremely disappointed with the judiciary system in Singapore. A dumb ass will know who is finding trouble but the dumbass Singapore Judge and the AGC can charge the innocent in court . What is indeed happening to Singapore?

Elderly man: I lost 5 teeth in Katong fight

Share 0
inShareBy Rennie Whang
The New Paper
Monday, Jun 25, 2012
The elderly man punched a man who boasted he was a gangster and fractured his jaw. But Ong Long Hock, 64, was himself a victim, said his lawyer Mr A. P. Thirumurthy.

Ong was fined $3,000 on Thursday for voluntarily causing hurt to Lee Tze Wei, 32, near a nasi lemak restaurant in Tanjong Katong in 2009.

Ong's son had helped to pin Lee to the ground as the businessman punched him, while waiting for the police to arrive. Lee and two other men had earlier allegedly harassed Ong's family.

On Thursday, Ong told Shin Min Daily News that he had lost five teeth in the fight, and has spent $20,000 on dental treatment.

He said he entered the fray after hearing his daughter-in-law's shouts for help and seeing his son's bloodied face.

But he was himself attacked, and was knocked into a nearby ditch, he said.

He lost five teeth as a result, while his son and daughter-in-law each lost a tooth.

Additionally, his son suffered facial wounds requiring 10 stitches.

Ong told The New Paper through his lawyer yesterday that his family wished to put the matter behind them and move on.

He is married with five children ranging from 37 to 42 years in age.

He has been running his own printing business for 25 years.

According to mitigation documents, on Feb 17, 2009, at about 7.30pm, Ong and three family members had parked their car at Boscombe Road, intending to go to Punggol Nasi Lemak restaurant.

Ong's daughter-in-law, Ms Delia Chiang, 31, was walking to the restaurant when Lee and another man approached her.

Lee said in Hokkien: "You are alone, where are you going?"

Her husband and Ong's son, Mr Ong Kah Heng, 38, was just a few metres behind her and heard him.

He asked Lee, also in Hokkien: "What did you say to her? What are you all trying to do?"

Lee replied: "I can say what I want. I am the famous gangster in this area (sic)."

Hurled obscenities

He also hurled vulgarities at Mr Ong.

Mr Ong dismissed Lee as drunk and told him to go, but Lee hit him on his face.

At this point, a third male Chinese who had been standing about 10m away joined in the scuffle between Mr Ong, Lee and Lee's friend.

Mr Ong fell to the ground.

Upon seeing this, the senior Ong joined in and was himself assaulted.

Ms Chiang called the police and the three men tried to flee, but her father-in-law and her husband grabbed Lee and pinned him to the ground.

The senior Ong then punched Lee's face several times, fracturing his jaw.

Ong could have been jailed up to two years or fined up to $5,000, or both.

Lee has also been charged. His case has yet to be heard.

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
confirmed, as experienced by myself and neighbors of strata titled properties, though it took 2.5 years. Do know a case where issue of title deed is delayed, the owner urges about why need to pay group fire insurance on strata title properties, have unsettled biils and management will not inform law firm that the owner does not have debt, so no title deed xfer. even after I advised the guy that malaysian govt will fine him a year after govtal approval of title deed xfer, he insists he is going to urge out the fire insurance first. Never know how people set priority, fine & fine, or collect title deed which an owner has aleady paid for his property.
I wish to highlight this point...

Once, before we bought our house in JB, friends and relative was against it.. One of the reasons they claimed was their friend bought a property in my development n after 10 years still have no title deeds. THIS IS NOT TRUE, as I have obtained my title deeds less than a year n my mum is about to get hers soon

nickyu

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right, it is a 4 house in a lot. Some developers call it Cluster Semi-D (I know IJM does that for Nusa Duta).

Yes, but I think those in the RM 800K+ are no longer available. There are remaining ones at RM 900K+ waiting to be snapped up. Not sure if there are any bros/sis out there who have bought the new phase units.

Developer like to use different name to confuse buyer...Cluster semi D because it looked like Semi D from the front..It is still a Cluster house..It's like super link and terrace house, both are of same type while the size may vary...

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
The nights are getting warmer and let's not even mention about the days! Looks like we really need to 'tahan' this for another month or two. Any other nice air-contitioned F&B outlets in Bukit Indah after 10pm? Just wondering.

Yes, quite a few. A taiwanese place near the RHB bank, Taiwanese porridge but that is at Sutera Mall area. (until midnight)
KTV (K monster with food and drink - Opens till late) Yews cafe is opened until 11pm if i remember correctly. If all else fails,
there is still MacDonalds or KFC which is open 24 hours. (KFC towards Perling area)

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Everyday I watch the thread everyday out of 10 post 9 is written by you. *bow*

Firstly, not every day. Secondly, it was on my own time and as it is in the middle of the night as i need to work and help take care of the kids at the same time.
Looking at the gurgling of the baby brings joy to my eyes. Got a bit carried away.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Not only up. I see you "up up at the top" (same term derived from Mandarin for someone who looks up at somebody for his or her excellency, knowledge, success, wisdom etc).

Whenever I see the phrase "i am nobody", I always like to counter and encourage people to understand on this equation

I am nobody, nobody is perfect, and therefore I AM PERFECT :smile:

I remember used it once in here and so I repeat again for benefits of newcomers :smile:

Thanks for seeing me so up. Few do in real life, i am definitely not perfect nor will i ever be. I like myself for who i am right now. :smile:

neshnara

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got myself a cluster semi-d which faces the lake. Land area 4400sq feet. 55X80. Build up i think is 2923sq feet. They have not officially launched yet. Official launch will be in about 2 months time.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
i heard might get refurbished sets so i never thought of buying fr malaysia ....

Refurbish sets happens everywhere unfortunately. :(
Best is to go for the bigger names when buying. When
in serious doubt, buy only from the original manafacturer.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not sure if it is more dangerous to drive in Singapore or Malaysian.

The island has its fair share of bad accidents of late.

1. PRC-driven delivery truck overturned in Farrer Road on Sunday.
2. Sri-Lankan FT mounts kerb and kills senior citizen.
3. Ferrari - No explanation needed for this case.

Yeah, I can recall off-hand more than three accidents involving foreign drivers in the last few months. Maybe more.
4. PRC bus driver killed pedestrian while crossing road
5. PRC taxi passenger snatched and drove the taxi, killing someone at Changi airport

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Firstly, not every day. Secondly, it was on my own time and as it is in the middle of the night as i need to work and help take care of the kids at the same time.
Looking at the gurgling of the baby brings joy to my eyes. Got a bit carried away.

You mean your baby is already born? Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.