• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
It may be like this in future and provided I get off work early too.

Presently, my younger one goes to kindergarten which is around 10am and finishes after 3pm. Older one starts from 7.30am and finishes at 1pm. A little worried that my wife may use her free time to go shopping, facial, mani/pedi cure. Quite damaging. :smile: :smile: :smile:

She will do those in Jb as its cheaper. Ask her to look for some friends, so can go out with them. If cannot find, put me on her list la。

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Originally Posted by Paperger85
Hi guys, I am very new to this forum. Chanced upon this forum while googling on living in jb. I'm a single mother to a coming 3 yr old toddler and I have intentions to move to jb as the living costs there is cheaper. I'm working in Kaki Bukit area and I don't drive. I'd like to rent a place to try it out to see if it will work. Any advice?

Hi Paperger, please PM me if you need any assistance. If i can help, i will. It would be more challenging for you though unless you can get a place somewhere nearer to your work place.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Totally agree. You need to look no further than a typical aircon unit! RM 700. It means that we could aircondition a 5 room flat for less than S$1K. Where to find?

Absolutely, especially in such warm weather, airconditioning is useful when you have to stay indoors. Else i prefer to wind down the windows and go driving around with my old folks especially at night.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Alot of my relatives came today and surprised us as they wanted to celebrate an event. Took two of my aunts out and let them drive my cars as wanted them to build up her driving confidence on MY roads. She drove pretty well, was so happy. Her husband was in a rush, else would have taken a picture of her. She truly is a good driver, just lacks confidence.

One of my very good buddies rented out his unit to a couple from Europe, will help to pass them some contacts for 2nd hand car dealers. Then went to chase up a developer for his new purchase. Glad to help out as he is one of those rare gems who always helps others.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
haha... 2 person nia... ok la... more than enuff... If washing machine nt enuff space, I can handwash. wahhahaa....

6.5kg should be enough for a normal family up to 4 with occasional washing of large items probably best left to a friendly dhoby.

Funny, someone asked me, how come Dhoby Ghaut got its name? I jokingly answered, because people asked where to find a Dhoby, i will say a place has it.

Where? "Dhoby Got"
Where??? "Dhoby Ghaut".
Where????!!!

"Dhoby Ghaut, got" :P

Another time, again someone asked me to find him a dhoby. I jokingly sent him a website first before sending him the address. He didn't appear to be much amused.

The website i sent?

http://www.adobe.com/

By the way, did anyone ever notice i never use a certain verb/noun in almost all if not all of my postings? :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wa ... That's bro wuqi's forte leh. But if bro wuqi wanna hire me, I don't mind. I can also jump on his car to go to office on official working days hehe

I'm just a loyal apple users happened to know how to clear it on iPad la ...

Thanks for seeing me so "up"(term derived from Mandarin for someone who looks up at somebody)
Very rusty these days as i don't do much technical stuff. I am just a nobody.

I am the type who will do a job for others and then vanish when it comes to celebrating it.
Its just my style to do that, since my early career i have done it.

Though i am a bit too honest at times, first time i saw someone who just joined us, while setting up his
PC back then (first couple of jobs after NS), took an instant liking to him as he reminded me of an NS sarge
(who patriotically came back to SG to do NS despite speaking with a very convincing UK accent - Mr Samson).

I straightaway told him about the place:

"I want to tell you a secret, I see bad people. Walking around like regular people, they don't see each other,
they only see what they want to see. They don't know they are bad."

When this new friend asked me, "How often did i see them"
My reply was "During lunchtime, they are everywhere"

Jokes aside, I just like to help others for the sake of helping, the satisfaction of seeing a happy face is
enough for me. I don't mind doing a car pool but it is pretty limited on the actual day plus i rather be helping
others incognito.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I am new here. Just commited to a cluster semi-d in Nusa Duta. Anyone knows of any contact for private/ school bus service from Nusa Duta to schools located in Jurong?

Can take the CW3 bus in the early morning as it goes direct to Jurong (they have to take local bus from there though)

Another alternative to send kids direct to school would be this school bus company:
http://centurybus.com.my/htm/aboutus.html

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Btw, for those staying around or near Larkin, most may already know but you can take CW2 bus to Queen Street (near town area) in Singapore
There is another bus towards town area, CW5 also goes to Newton as well.
http://www.causewaylink.com.my/singapore-bus

CW1Larkin Bus Terminal <--> Kotaraya <--> Kranji MRT Station
CW2Larkin Bus Terminal <--> Queen Street
CW3Perling Mall -- Bukit Indah -- Jurong East Bus & MRT Interchange
CW3SSutera Mall <--> Jurong East
CW4Pontian - Gelang Patah - Jurong East
CW4SSutera Mall <--> Gelang Patah <--> Jurong East
CW5Johor Bahru Customs <--> Newton Circus
CW6Bukit Indah < -- > Boon Lay

The Iskandar bus:
http://www.causewaylink.com.my/iskandar-malaysia-bus

Route No Route Name
Route No Route Name

IM-02@mart Kempas <-- Skudai Kiri - Perling Mall --> @mart Kempas

IM-03Taman Sinaran Kempas <--> Larkin Terminal

IM-04Flat Desa Cemerlang <--> Jusco Tebrau City

IM-05Gelang Patah <--> Pendas

IM-07Gelang Patah Bus Terminal <--> Kota Iskandar Bus Terminal

IM-08Flora Heights <--> Today Market

IM-09Today Market <--> Megah Ria <--> Today Market

IM-18Taman University <--> Taman Pulai Indah

IM-22Flat Desa Mutiara <--> Aeon Tebrau City

IM-23Terminal Taman Universiti <- - > AEON Bukit Indah BeXTRA 1Kulaijaya < - - > Bandaraya JB

BeXTRA 3Taman University < - - > Bandaraya JB

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
She will do those in Jb as its cheaper. Ask her to look for some friends, so can go out with them. If cannot find, put me on her list la。

Lots of friends here who would probably set up a daily buy things/eat stuff/do hair, do nails, do massage, rinse and repeat etc.
Have to desist and resist..............the force...............the shopping force...........

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I think it's 70 only

Yes they did, as i always told my wife (who also drove while we were in the states) its just 70 mph only. - Just joking
:wink:

Seriously, i think for now it is 70. Good way to tell is to use your GPS(hopefully updated) when going about your way,
it will warn and indicate the current speed limit. I use it often so at least i know when to slow down and when there are
camera zones. Still i always prefer to drive safely whenever possible. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro Jerry, you are into swimming right? There is a shop at jusco tebrau 3rd floor selling purely arena products. Think the shop is called sun paradise. Then on the second level, there is royal sporting house near the Nike shop. When on sales, can really buy some cheap swimming gears and products in these two shops. But bear in mind that the range of products are not extensive especially if you are looking at professional range.

Having said that, i find that the prices on non-sales period are still quite ok too

I like that store too, there is also Machines, a store catering to apple products. Yes prices are pretty competitive.
For bros who like PS3 stuff, sometimes the original store sells certain things cheaper than other gaming stores on the same level. :wink:

For folks who like console accessories for games etc, KSL is a good place (highest floor of the mall) to start looking.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree bro. For gaming consoles, folks please don't forget to check out holiday plaza too :smile:

I like that store too, there is also Machines, a store catering to apple products. Yes prices are pretty competitive.
For bros who like PS3 stuff, sometimes the original store sells certain things cheaper than other gaming stores on the same level. :wink:

For folks who like console accessories for games etc, KSL is a good place (highest floor of the mall) to start looking.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not only up. I see you "up up at the top" (same term derived from Mandarin for someone who looks up at somebody for his or her excellency, knowledge, success, wisdom etc).

Whenever I see the phrase "i am nobody", I always like to counter and encourage people to understand on this equation

I am nobody, nobody is perfect, and therefore I AM PERFECT :smile:

I remember used it once in here and so I repeat again for benefits of newcomers :smile:

Thanks for seeing me so "up"(term derived from Mandarin for someone who looks up at somebody)
Very rusty these days as i don't do much technical stuff. I am just a nobody.

I am the type who will do a job for others and then vanish when it comes to celebrating it.
Its just my style to do that, since my early career i have done it.

Though i am a bit too honest at times, first time i saw someone who just joined us, while setting up his
PC back then (first couple of jobs after NS), took an instant liking to him as he reminded me of an NS sarge
(who patriotically came back to SG to do NS despite speaking with a very convincing UK accent - Mr Samson).

I straightaway told him about the place:

"I want to tell you a secret, I see bad people. Walking around like regular people, they don't see each other,
they only see what they want to see. They don't know they are bad."

When this new friend asked me, "How often did i see them"
My reply was "During lunchtime, they are everywhere"

Jokes aside, I just like to help others for the sake of helping, the satisfaction of seeing a happy face is
enough for me. I don't mind doing a car pool but it is pretty limited on the actual day plus i rather be helping
others incognito.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am new here. Just commited to a cluster semi-d in Nusa Duta. Anyone knows of any contact for private/ school bus service from Nusa Duta to schools located in Jurong?

Bro, how does a cluster semi-D look like ? As far as I know , cluster = 4 house in a lot . Semi-D = 2 house in a lot . Am I right to say that ? By the way is that cluster semi - d the same type IJM land advertised for RM 880K ?

Last edited:

neshnara

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cluster Semi-D is 4 houses in a lot. The 4 Houses are joined together at the back. Yes it the one that IJM advertised at 880K. Not bad gives you a built up of 2900 sq feet with 4 bedrooms, 5 toilets and a maid's room.

neshnara

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have checked with century bus and they don't ply from Bukit Indah to Jurong schools. They ply from causeway to schools in Woodlands. Anyone knows if there is school bus service from Bukit Indah ( Nusa Duta) to schoold in Jurong?

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks Sanur. I am sure that she will enjoy the company. Once we make the plans to cross over, getting connected with the community will become very important.

But just don't tell my wife to get a tree house, at least not built like your standard. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.