• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bro Wuji,

I dont know if crystal_tiong is saying this right, she mentioned that you said that Singaporean who is on tourist pass can hire a maid in JB?

How can we go about doing that?

can you kindly advise?

I am moving over soon, therefore require this to be iron out asap.

Thank you.

Regards,
LGLab

I tried sending that to bro wuji, but her inbox is full :(:(

Hitesh

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the monthly mortgage of RM3.3K+, seems alright. why so high becos of the higher interest rate. The rest are inciidentals and for the insurance will very much depend on the type of policy.

Thats why buy JB house tho cheap still must make sure do homework first,..."cheap" doesnt mean "free".

cheers.

I did not say that i was expecting the house to be "FREE" i am just trying to highlight the higher costs... not only the rate of interest but the Real estate taxes and Insirance premium as something that adds up to the monthly commitments.. which everyone should be aware of.... I have not heard of real estate taxes of 100 over sgd per month in singapore HDB or condos... to add to it if one has to compulsorily take out an Insurance for the loan then that too adds to your cost ... hope yiou get my point.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
LG Lab

u go n search in the old thread on maid , u will see wuqi mentioned abt his maid and he replaced 1 which attacked his staff.
If he no time to reply , get those part time ones first lor ....
As what I read in FB , i thought it will be some months before u move in ....

Hitesh

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is reasonable interest rate. The fixed D in malaysia is also 3.5 to 3.8%.

Likewise, I think if you want to invest in Singapore, you can wait until the day when interest normalize at 3-4%.. Current interest at 1 % give me a false feeling of wealth. When Singapore interest rise to 3-4% one day, a lot of speculative folks who bought houses today in Singapore might "run road" already. One day when malaysia interest rate also drop to 1% like Singapore, can you imagine what the property price will become?

I am not reflecting only the rate of interest but the real estate taxes which are poer month as well as the insurance premium which becomes compulsory if one has to take a loan.... besides there is th monthly maintenance fee of the estate (HH/NI/ND ) etc

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did not say that i was expecting the house to be "FREE" i am just trying to highlight the higher costs... not only the rate of interest but the Real estate taxes and Insirance premium as something that adds up to the monthly commitments.. which everyone should be aware of.... I have not heard of real estate taxes of 100 over sgd per month in singapore HDB or condos... to add to it if one has to compulsorily take out an Insurance for the loan then that too adds to your cost ... hope yiou get my point.

how abt u think abt the prices u pay , where get can u get freehold landed in SG with such prices even witl all this misc charges or fees....

Hitesh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi LGLab, you can check the HH office, they can help you with roomservice folks on a daily basis .. who could help you to do the clean up and all .. they charge 50 rm per month.

Hi Bro Wuji,

I dont know if crystal_tiong is saying this right, she mentioned that you said that Singaporean who is on tourist pass can hire a maid in JB?

How can we go about doing that?

can you kindly advise?

I am moving over soon, therefore require this to be iron out asap.

Thank you.

Regards,
LGLab

I tried sending that to bro wuji, but her inbox is full :(:(

Hitesh

Alfrescian
Loyal
how abt u think abt the prices u pay , where get can u get freehold landed in SG with such prices even witl all this misc charges or fees....
True.. cause my comparision of a landed property in Johor is against an HDB or a condo as that is what is ideal.. since it may not be ideal to compare a landed housing in singapore with a landed hosue in johor... for example a landed house in New York city may be very very pricey .. but a landed house in the outskirts .. like in new jersey e.t.c is much less. so in such a case .. the comparision will be of the condo in new york with that of a landed house in new jersey...

makes sense?

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not reflecting only the rate of interest but the real estate taxes which are poer month as well as the insurance premium which becomes compulsory if one has to take a loan.... besides there is th monthly maintenance fee of the estate (HH/NI/ND ) etc

for the monthly maintenace fee , u can treat it as offset the season parking in SG ??? can park a few cars and no need worry high rise littering .....

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
True.. cause my comparision of a landed property in Johor is against an HDB or a condo as that is what is ideal.. since it may not be ideal to compare a landed housing in singapore with a landed hosue in johor... for example a landed house in New York city may be very very pricey .. but a landed house in the outskirts .. like in new jersey e.t.c is much less. so in such a case .. the comparision will be of the condo in new york with that of a landed house in new jersey...

makes sense?

how u going to compare the space in jb landed and versus pigeon hole / shoebox condo ?

Hitesh

Alfrescian
Loyal
for the monthly maintenace fee , u can treat it as offset the season parking in SG ??? can park a few cars and no need worry high rise littering .....
thats an interesting reflection and accepted your point. Only if the govt of singapore allows me to afford a car.. with teh COE going upto 70k sgd its very difficult that i will be able to buy a car soon at these prices... and i may have to fall back to publi transport..

but isnt the insurance premium and the real estate taxes a pinch as well ( besides the high rate of interest pinch which one takes)..??

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
thats an interesting reflection and accepted your point. Only if the govt of singapore allows me to afford a car.. with teh COE going upto 70k sgd its very difficult that i will be able to buy a car soon at these prices... and i may have to fall back to publi transport..

but isnt the insurance premium and the real estate taxes a pinch as well ( besides the high rate of interest pinch which one takes)..??

wow , if u gg to stay in jb wo a car , i would advise u to rent first and see u can tahan before u commit wor.
I was carless for less than 24 hrs in sg , i already buay tahan taking bus n mrt to work today .... see all kinds of ppl , yucks !!! only 7am , the bus n mrt was like sardine lor .....

Hitesh

Alfrescian
Loyal
how u going to compare the space in jb landed and versus pigeon hole / shoebox condo ?

May be not with a HDB but can compare a landed in johor with a condo in SGP??... may still be some difference in the price....! so it may not be a red apple to red apple comparision but a red apple to half a red apple comparision?

But Its how the comparision is done Internationally, its just the price one pays for the convenience of staying in a city... The US has these differences and the comparisions sinec a few years now..last time it was only in major cities like newyork/california/Washington DC e.t.c now the same thing is spreading far and wide...

Hitesh

Alfrescian
Loyal
thats what i wish as welll.. to have a sgp registered car.... and thats what makes me undecided over Johor purchase..!!! I was thinking of taking a msia car and park it at jusco and take a bus from there... i think Causeway Link bus stops there..

atmo singapore registered car is out of my budget... may change in the future if things change... some one mentioned that i can still get a used 4-5 years old sgp basic honda for 20-30k not sure if this is true...

wow , if u gg to stay in jb wo a car , i would advise u to rent first and see u can tahan before u commit wor.
I was carless for less than 24 hrs in sg , i already buay tahan taking bus n mrt to work today .... see all kinds of ppl , yucks !!! only 7am , the bus n mrt was like sardine lor .....

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
LG Lab

u go n search in the old thread on maid , u will see wuqi mentioned abt his maid and he replaced 1 which attacked his staff.
If he no time to reply , get those part time ones first lor ....
As what I read in FB , i thought it will be some months before u move in ....

Ya loh.. a few months before i can move.... but i need to plan for this much earlier, i believed the process not so fast right?..

from getting the maid, applying work permit, etc..
not so straight forward..

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
May be not with a HDB but can compare a landed in johor with a condo in SGP??... may still be some difference in the price....! so it may not be a red apple to red apple comparision but a red apple to half a red apple comparision?

But Its how the comparision is done Internationally, its just the price one pays for the convenience of staying in a city... The US has these differences and the comparisions sinec a few years now..last time it was only in major cities like newyork/california/Washington DC e.t.c now the same thing is spreading far and wide...

if u compare jb condo versus sg condo , also cheaper with all the misc fees right ?
How abt quality of life ? good and reasonable food prices in jb ? Cheap movies and services.
Plenty of space , no need to worry might bump to ppl like in SG , too crowded ....
5 yrs ago , SG is 1 of the best place to stay but its no longer like that anymore .. our city has is like developing country now , all rojak , cant speak gd english , tourist might think how come sporeans speaks and behave like that etc ....look at our local food , all cooked by those FW , so yucky now ....
look at the cheena bus drivers , see how they drive , jerked and braked most of the times .....

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
thats what i wish as welll.. to have a sgp registered car.... and thats what makes me undecided over Johor purchase..!!! I was thinking of taking a msia car and park it at jusco and take a bus from there... i think Causeway Link bus stops there..

atmo singapore registered car is out of my budget... may change in the future if things change... some one mentioned that i can still get a used 4-5 years old sgp basic honda for 20-30k not sure if this is true...

else buy a vampire car with $17k tax rebate .... in jb , u can drive anytime , restriction in sg only 7pm-7am ....
i think u still can wait a few mths , whatever go up will come down de ....
last altenative , buy jb car lor .....

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya loh.. a few months before i can move.... but i need to plan for this much earlier, i believed the process not so fast right?..

from getting the maid, applying work permit, etc..
not so straight forward..

if not employ from SG lor , my friend does that ....
once a mth bring her out to chop passport nia , since u have to do for wife and parents too .

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think it is better to try out the schedule and lifestyle and see what suits you and your budget best.
- SGP Car
- MY car and take CW bus to Sgp

Both methods are "challenging" in their own ways and it is a matter of which one suit you better.

Status
Not open for further replies.