• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am on HSBC. 10RM monthly service fee. No setup but that doesn't matter because it is still your money. BLR-2.45. When I applied HSBC, RHB offered BLR-2.5 but I thought HSBC is more international.. Actually it doesn't really matter...

All in all, I am happy with HSBC.

it depends on what is the loan amount are are having with the bank?

if over 700k RM should be able to get -2.45 and more..

that is what the alliance banker are telling...

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal

MY government really need to improve JB's image. I just read some of the post in that forum and found that many still think JB pretty dangerous! Such as this one:

jsinchina Junior Member

Default Re: More Singaporeans choose to move to Johor
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Commoner View Post
no doubt the cost of living is lower in Malaysia, but the number of serious crimes are just too high, and the target females. we males are ok, but what about the safety of females? i would prefer to stay in Singapore, as the majority of Singaporeans are kind and harmless people. so moving to Malaysia, no thank you.

maybe those who moved to Johor likes having robbers, thieves, rapists, killers and ATM fraudsters as neighbours and buddies?
anyway, everyone has their own choices. since they willing to compromise safety for living cheap, then good luck to you all. BUT, please don't go whinning and complaining if anything happens to you in Johor!!!

ya, in jowhore, males get robbed then killed, females get raped then killed....

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just read some of the post in that forum and found that many still think JB pretty dangerous! Such as this one:

jsinchina Junior Member

Quote:
no doubt the cost of living is lower in Malaysia, but the number of serious crimes are just too high, and the target females. we males are ok, but what about the safety of females? i would prefer to stay in Singapore, as the majority of Singaporeans are kind and harmless people. so moving to Malaysia, no thank you.

thats gd , let them continue to think that way ...
i dun wan all this ppl come to pollute jb ....

gskalra

Alfrescian
Loyal
MY government really need to improve JB's image. I just read some of the post in that forum and found that many still think JB pretty dangerous! Such as this one:

jsinchina Junior Member

Quote:

maybe those who moved to Johor likes having robbers, thieves, rapists, killers and ATM fraudsters as neighbours and buddies?
anyway, everyone has their own choices. since they willing to compromise safety for living cheap, then good luck to you all. BUT, please don't go whinning and complaining if anything happens to you in Johor!!!

thats gd , let them continue to think that way ...
i dun wan all this ppl come to pollute jb ....

@crystal_tiong, you said it sister. Those kinda people should just stay out and away

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see. i don't have to pay any setup fee.. also don't need to buy any insurance

QUOTE=crystal_tiong;932149]no no no , set up fees is earn by the bank , not credit into yr acct.
My sales told me that even traditional loans acct has daily interest rate which is offset even u put in extra money.
And kind of discipline that u put in e money u wont take it out coz need to pay admin fees if u withdraw and need to inform bank in writing.[/QUOTE]

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like 1Medini finally launched. I got an email from them that early bird prices are RM298K to 784K.

Interestingly, seems like the minimum threshold of RM 500K for foreigners DOES NOT apply.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
few things to consider bros...

1st to launch/complete means that it will be perpetually surrounded by construction projects as the rest of medini takes shape over the years...always work in progress...

also after 99 years,...then how?. in sing, can enbloc and top up lease...become brand new again,...in M'sia..after 99 govt take back?....my great grandson may curse me..haha.

any bros any idea?..

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can renew. The developer or the committee can submit request for renewal. The land authority permits. But these laws ate not explicit yet because I think very few leases have yet to come even close to <5 or 10 years balance. There is a formula to calculate the premium payable for renewal, and one component is the market value of the land at point of renewal then ... So this is a big unknown.

If developer/committee doesn't submit request for extension, then the land will naturally return back to the state

few things to consider bros...

1st to launch/complete means that it will be perpetually surrounded by construction projects as the rest of medini takes shape over the years...always work in progress...

also after 99 years,...then how?. in sing, can enbloc and top up lease...become brand new again,...in M'sia..after 99 govt take back?....my great grandson may curse me..haha.

any bros any idea?..

Status
Not open for further replies.