• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Liverpool Supporters fall in here!!! Season 2008/09

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
after the great win over Real,come the disappointment of losing 0-2 to Middles.
and Rafa is winning the battle,but cannot get his players to respond.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
after the great win over Real,come the disappointment of losing 0-2 to Middles.
and Rafa is winning the battle,but cannot get his players to respond.

The performance was appalling. It was obvious Stevie G. was nowhere near full fitness. Why take the risk?
Me thinks the boardroom tug of war is getting to the players as well. Just read Kuyt will pledge his future with pool if Rafa stays.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
This bloody self serving Rick Parry has alot to answer for the Reds off pitch problems which have inevitably affected problems on the pitch. If Parry did not ditch DIC at the very last minute and serve up the club to those bloody greedy Yanks who know nuts about real football and Liverpool in particular, perhaps things now may have been different in a much more positive light - Stanley Park in the construction stage with a smashing 70K plus ultra new stadium and more funds on the pitch for Rafa to spend, I believe Gareth Barry would have been signed and perhaps another striker more to Rafa's liking and another solid defender - in effect the Reds would not have fizzled out of the EPL race in Feb/Mar.

I am not surprised to hear that the Yanks wanted to sell off Torres just another eg. of how little they know about putting together a real top class team to challenge for the EPL and how greedy they are to make $$$.

The way I see it, Parry's surprise departure at the end of the season is only one positive step forward for the Reds. However things can only really turn around when the greedy Yanks relinquish control of the club to a new enlightened owner with deep deep pockets to fund both the new stadium and new signings.

I also won't be surprised to see Rafa leaving the club at the end of the season whatever the outcome on the pitch and boardroom, which may not be such a bad thing after all because I don't think he is the man to bring the EPL title to the Reds. Hope to see Mourinho enticed to Anfield by a new moneybags enlightened owner. Love him or hate, Jose appears to be the man that stands the best chance of finally bringing the EPL title to Merseyside.

The reality is that the EPL season is now over for the Reds with an outside chance of winning the CL (main obstacles being Man U and Barca). Hope for the best and look forward to next season with more stability and punch both on and off the pitch.

YNWA

Was at the British club this morning n heard some interesting news.
This ex-liverpool player now sports newscaster was talking about his x'mas visit home to merseyside.

Among the things he mentioned was the board actually wanted to sell Torres to Man City for 45 million pounds since they already have Robbie Keane but Rafa resisted the idea and hence the ill treatment of Keane started.

Things are not looking good for Rafa as the board is backing Rick Parry in the current political situation there. They rather have a new manager in than see Rick Parry go

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Pool supporters believe that youth is the answer to EPL dominance then Jose is not the best man for the job.
The Merseyside under 18th is pretty good and it would be sad if they let it go to waste.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since Owen and Gerrad who has the Academy produced of any relevance and impact?

Anyways the here and now is more important as the EPL title is long overdue, perhaps the Academy can complement. Jose appears to be the most suitable but the big question is whether the Reds can snag him as I get the feeling that he is really eyeing the biggest plum of all i.e. Alex's post when he finally retires:wink: Perhaps an alternative could be O'Neill but certainly not people like Curbishley and King Kenny who is the past and certainly not the overhyped Sven:eek:

If Pool supporters believe that youth is the answer to EPL dominance then Jose is not the best man for the job.
The Merseyside under 18th is pretty good and it would be sad if they let it go to waste.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since Owen and Gerrad who has the Academy produced of any relevance and impact?

Anyways the here and now is more important as the EPL title is long overdue, perhaps the Academy can complement. Jose appears to be the most suitable but the big question is whether the Reds can snag him as I get the feeling that he is really eyeing the biggest plum of all i.e. Alex's post when he finally retires:wink: Perhaps an alternative could be O'Neill but certainly not people like Curbishley and King Kenny who is the past and certainly not the overhyped Sven:eek:

Had the same thot but I dun think United is keen to hire Jose. I understand they were quite keen to offer O'Neill years ago before he took up the job at Celtic. Jose will undo all that is good with the youth academy at Old Trafford and that is the main concern of Sir Bobby Charlton and the board.

Just look at Jose's latest acquisition. Bought Quaresma and the poor guy is lost with Inter and prematurely loan the poor chap who is well short of confidence to Chelsea. Me thinks Jose will burn Anfield to the ground with his big spending ways and his style of management.

Dun underestimate Curbishley. He's a very good coach and a hell of a motivator.

I have seen Liverpool's under 18 and they were very impressive. All they need is a break but I dun think Rafa is keen.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well when Alex was about to retire a couple of seasons ago, United were on the very verge of signing who else but Sven, who would probably have been a failure going by his dismal track record since his England managerial days. You also need to remember what Jose did with a small club like Porto. As for his latest stint at Inter, well to be fair to Jose I think his hands were tied in the transfer market and he has had to mould a squad largely based on what Mancini left behind.

Look the Reds have tried worse going by Souness and Houllier. As for Rafa, I think he is a class manager however I still get the feeling that his football brain and temperament may not be suited for the EPL evidenced by almost 4 seasons now. So I for one would gladly give Jose a shot at trying to bring the EPL title home to Anfield regardless of the Academy which in event can be left in the hands of some old hands like Highway.

No doubt Curbs is a good manager but I think he is hardly in the league of Jose. Curbs like Allardyce and perhaps even Hughes and Moyes do not appear to be in the top tier managerial stakes. To me the world class club managerial stakes comprises of managers of the calibre of Alex, Jose, Arsene, Capello, Hiddink, Ancelloti, Rafa. Perhaps just below would be say Juande Ramos and Klinsman. Saying that, some maybe better suited in certain leagues as opposed to others. For instance I not sure Klinsman would have fared any better than Rafa if Gillet got his way and sacked Rafa last season.

Had the same thot but I dun think United is keen to hire Jose. I understand they were quite keen to offer O'Neill years ago before he took up the job at Celtic. Jose will undo all that is good with the youth academy at Old Trafford and that is the main concern of Sir Bobby Charlton and the board.

Just look at Jose's latest acquisition. Bought Quaresma and the poor guy is lost with Inter and prematurely loan the poor chap who is well short of confidence to Chelsea. Me thinks Jose will burn Anfield to the ground with his big spending ways and his style of management.

Dun underestimate Curbishley. He's a very good coach and a hell of a motivator.

I have seen Liverpool's under 18 and they were very impressive. All they need is a break but I dun think Rafa is keen.

Last edited:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a night, yet another very special Anfield european moment to savour, 4-0 against Real Madrid (5-0 on aggregate) no less and it could well have been 6 or 7 Nil! The performance was tantalising with attacking flair something that we rarely see and a pure delight. Shows that the Reds have the ability to challenge at the very highest levels of the game, just that consistency is lacking. Also happy to see Rafa finally giving local scouser Jay Spearing a chance in a top competitive game no less. Reds fear no one in Europe, bring on Barca, Man U, Chelsea, Bayern in the next round, we are going all the way to Rome in May:smile:

YNWA

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is cup game, English championship league
play better than Real in League Cup and FA Cup games.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are mistaken. CL is a over a 2 leg tie plus away goals rule applies. So tactics and strategy comes into play. Also Real are no push overs going by their recent La Liga form. Give credit where credit is due, Reds pedigree in Europe has once again been consolidated and enhanced. Rome here we come:biggrin:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are mistaken. CL is a over a 2 leg tie plus away goals rule applies. So tactics and strategy comes into play. Also Real are no push overs going by their recent La Liga form. Give credit where credit is due, Reds pedigree in Europe has once again been consolidated and enhanced. Rome here we come:biggrin:

Bro, Reds had a long break before this game while REAL had to play over the weekend.
Then again it would made very little difference if REAL had a similar break.The REDs were in a class of their own. Humiliating REAL is the understatement of the year.

On a sidenote, Juande Ramos will definitely be booted out this summer even if they win the spanish league and Rafa will be smiling from ear to ear.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, Reds had a long break before this game while REAL had to play over the weekend.
Then again it would made very little difference if REAL had a similar break.The REDs were in a class of their own. Humiliating REAL is the understatement of the year.

On a sidenote, Juande Ramos will definitely be booted out this summer even if they win the spanish league and Rafa will be smiling from ear to ear.

What i mean is where is the fighting spirit?
They are one of the most expensive club in the world.
Credits go to Liverpool for not pulling back their players
when they are 2-0 up at half time. Real have to score
3 goals to qualify in the 2nd half, instead they conceded
2 more goals.
The top teams in EPL have a tough game beating the lower
divisions team in FA cup or Leauge Cup. No doubt they field
some reserve players but still many of them are top class
national players.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
what a match and scoreline...
Man Utd 1-4 Liverpool

when does Man Utd concedes 4 goals in a match and at Old Trafford.
this is going to be a very very sweet night for me and all Reds around the world.
A double over Man Utd.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rafael Benitez might end up having the last laugh after all as his Liverpool side hauled themselves back into the title fight with a decisive 4-1 hammering of 10-man Manchester United at Old Trafford.
The Merseyside giants battled back from a goal down to defeat the Premier League leaders in clinical fashion, Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard turning the match on its head before the break, with Fabio Aurelio and Andrea Dossena easing Liverpool well clear before the end.

In contrast, it was an day to forget for Nemanja Vidic, who gifted Torres the equaliser before being sent off against Liverpool for second time this season as Benitez's side reduced United's lead at the top to four points, albeit having played a game more.

It represented Liverpool's biggest win at United since 1936 and could yet trigger an amazing championship revival.

Liverpool were the ones who needed the win and there appeared an extra sharpness about them from the start, especially Torres who gave the Red Devils defence a torrid time.

Once Jamie Carragher had recovered his composure after being unsettled by a late switch to right-back because of Alvaro Arbeloa's late withdrawal, they had the edge in vital areas, the hosts no better than their nervy first-half display against Inter Milan in midweek.

Indeed, it was a surprise when United went ahead.

Pepe Reina read Carlos Tevez's through ball for Park Ji-sung well enough but came out too quickly for his own good. When the South Korean nicked the ball away, the Liverpool keeper could not stop.

And though Reina pleaded for leniency, referee Alan Wiley correctly pointed to the spot.

Ronaldo is not the type of player to waste such opportunities and duly dispatched his 17th goal of the season.

Had Sir Alex Ferguson's men been able to hold their advantage for a decent length of time, the visitors might have panicked. But five minutes later Liverpool were level thanks to a rare mistake from Nemanja Vidic.

The Serbian has been virtually foot perfect this season, so much so that he is favourite to win the PFA player of the year award.

But first Vidic let Martin Skrtel's long punt forward bounce when he could have headed it back into the Liverpool half quite easily. Then, he failed to deal with the loose ball, allowing Torres to nip in and streak clear, beating Edwin van der Sar with clinical efficiency.

Conceding one goal was amazing enough for the Red Devils, yet before half-time Liverpool had scored again.

Hull were the last team to score more than once against United in Premier League combat - and that was four-and-a-half months ago.

But when Torres tried to send Gerrard racing into the box and Patrice Evra mis-timed his tackle, the Liverpool skipper found he converted his penalty with the same confidence Ronaldo had shown earlier.

Gerrard's glee was obvious. And Liverpool's lead was fully deserved, condemning Ferguson to his first interval rallying call in league combat at Old Trafford all season.

The Scot injected a greater sense of urgency into his team, even if there was no improvement in their retention of the ball.

Carrick in particular was having a pretty bad day, twice putting his side in danger with wayward passes.

United at least managed to generate some momentum, with Tevez almost getting on the end of a Wayne Rooney knock-back and then rolling a shot on the turn just wide.

Having expressed his `hatred' of Liverpool earlier in the week, the last thing Rooney wanted was to suffer an immediate defeat and a chance for Gerrard - a long-time friend - to gloat.

Yet as time ticked by, that was the fate Rooney was condemned to, especially as Ferguson waited until less than 20 minutes remained before he made the introductions of Dimitar Berbatov, Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs.

It is the kind of strength Benitez does not have and one of the major reasons why Liverpool have found themselves on the wrong end of a 14-point swing in fortunes since United returned from their Club World Cup campaign in Japan just before Christmas.

What Liverpool have managed to do this season is beat Chelsea and United, against both of whom they have now registered 'doubles'.

Any hope United had, evaporated within a minute of Ferguson's spectacular triple substitution as another woeful first touch, again from Vidic, left the Serbian little alternative other than to haul down Gerrard.

For the second successive game against Liverpool, it brought Vidic a red card and he was still making his way down the tunnel when Aurelio curled home a superb free-kick.

And Liverpool were not finished as Andrea Dossena lobbed Van der Sar to complete a memorable win, whose significance remains unknown.