• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Liverpool Supporters fall in here!!! Season 2008/09

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I truly hope it ain't "squeaky bum time" for Rafa:( Somehow I had a sneaky feeling that his outburst against Fergie on Friday was going to jinx the game against Stoke the next day. For the life of me, I cannot understand why Rafa spent 20 million pounds on Keane and refuses to play him on a consistent basis, especially when Torres is still not 100% fit.:confused::( But all credit to Stoke, they played a very good game and perhaps may have felt hard done by not sneaking a win. Is this the turning point of the season? Maybe but then again maybe not. The next 6 games shall perhaps be key and indicate whether the Reds are at last up for a fight for the BPL to the end of the season. But I stand by what I said earlier in this forum, the team that ends up above Man u shall win this season's BPL.

YNWA

jw5

Loyal
I truly hope it ain't "squeaky bum time" for Rafa:( Somehow I had a sneaky feeling that his outburst against Fergie on Friday was going to jinx the game against Stoke the next day. For the life of me, I cannot understand why Rafa spent 20 million pounds on Keane and refuses to play him on a consistent basis, especially when Torres is still not 100% fit.:confused::( But all credit to Stoke, they played a very good game and perhaps may have felt hard done by not sneaking a win. Is this the turning point of the season? Maybe but then again maybe not. The next 6 games shall perhaps be key and indicate whether the Reds are at last up for a fight for the BPL to the end of the season. But I stand by what I said earlier in this forum, the team that ends up above Man u shall win this season's BPL.

YNWA
I don't think Rafa was upset with Fergie because Fergie gets preferential treatment from the FA.
He's upset because of the remarks Fergie made about Liverpool's current league position and that he didn't think they had the experience and nerve to win it. Of course, it's his usual mind games, he's been doing it for years.

jw5

Loyal
Rafa gone ballistics, why? He's playing into pld fart's silly games. I have a gut feel, Rafa will go into overdrive and start chopping and changing his first 11. Habis!!
If I were in Rafa's shoes, I would have said the following:

"Nervous? Hahaha. No, but perhaps a little tension as we near the finishing line. It's quite natural, but don't forget we have veteran players who have played in world cups, won European championships, won Champions League, won titles all over the world. I myself have won La Liga with Valencia as a coach. In addition to these experienced international class players, we also have young skilful players who are hungry to prove their worth and win titles. We are in a good position to win and any problems that we may have, the other teams will have them as well.
Bythe way, I heard that in addition to Ronaldo and Tevez, Real may also be interested in Rooney. Hehehe."

After the press conference, I would put up the report on Fergie's remarks in the dressing room. Bet you the players would be fired up. (much more than if he ranted about the FA and Fergie)

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I were in Rafa's shoes, I would have said the following:

"Nervous? Hahaha. No, but perhaps a little tension as we near the finishing line. It's quite natural, but don't forget we have veteran players who have played in world cups, won European championships, won Champions League, won titles all over the world. I myself have won La Liga with Valencia as a coach. In addition to these experienced international class players, we also have young skilful players ......

Good thing Rafa din rant in spanish otherwise it will all be abbreviated in profanity.It has been brewing for quite sometime. You know how that old fart feels about Pool and to add salt to wound, they survived the X'mas period and top the table before the New Year.

On Tevez, Man U can throw in the freebie of the day like Nani to expedite the move to any team that wishes to acquire their services.
Rooney's contract is up for renewal next season. I expect this twit to play well again and they often do.:smile:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy is waiting to jump ship. He could potentially be REAL's next coach.

Rafa Benitez Rows With Liverpool Owners... Again
Rafa the gaffer's ongoing streak of belligerence has further delayed progress on his new Reds deal...

Rafa Benitez Rows With Liverpool Owners... Again
galleria zoom

Rafael Benitez shocked the English football community last week when he launched an astonishing assault on Sir Alex Ferguson, accusing the Manchester United manager of saying what he pleases without fear of punishment.

Now, according to The Daily Mail, a new feud could arise between the Liverpool boss and the club's owners after the latest round of contract negoatiations.

It is understood that Benitez insisted his new deal must contain a clause which would give him complete control over all transfer matters, and that didn't go down too well with Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

Last month it seemed that saga surrounding the Spanish tactician's future was nearing an end, but the latest reports appear to indicate that there was no activity between the December discussions and the most recent talks.

Benitez is determined to clearly outline the specifications of his position in his new agreement, so as to avoid further controversies over player purchases - such as the nauseating Gareth Barry-Xabi Alonso situation of last summer.

But Hicks and Gillett are none too pleased at being ordered to give the manager so much power, and Anfield could be set for another spate of boardroom bust-ups.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Time to see whether the Reds truly have the mettle to see out this BPL season may come sooner rather than later. Man U play 2 BPL games before the Reds play their next BPL game on Mon night, which means that if Man U win both games than Man U shall be in pole position for the first time this season ahead of the Reds and with the Reds playing catch up. Interesting, intriguing and finger nail biting times lie ahead.:cool:

YNWA

Lion_Barbell

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it true?
I have heard rumours there is unrest inside the Liverpool Football Club.
Whatever it is that is causing the unrest, hope they can settle and not derail our title campaign.

The MilkMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
all players are professional and should not get involved in those management things. just continue to play their usual game and let their action on the field speak for them.
this is a match that Liverpool must win after dropping another 2 pts against Stoke City.

Liverpool just do not have the steelness to grind out a result against a team that play defensive. They lack 1 or 2 players that can break down those defensive teams.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I seriously don't think MU will be able to retain the EPL crown.
Not a fan of pool or MU but just have this feel that its time for Pool to nick it.

Firstly, Pool is not Arsenal. Can't be like them dropping points when pressured. Mu has been playing too many games in a short span.
If Vidic is injured, then Pool's chance is very high. I have always said Vidic is MU's best player. If this rock is removed, then Pool chance of winning league will be high.

Scholari cannot win the league because his expertise is in international teams and not spotting foreign players or playing a season of 40 over games

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well another game and another draw:( After seeing the way Man U grinded out a win at Bolton and Chelsea coming back to win in injury time at the Bridge against Stoke I thought the Reds would be up to it this morning. Not to be again, just could not hold onto to the 1-0 lead. Will there be enough inspiration to see the Reds through this difficult patch? I truly hope so, my heart says yes but my head is slowly but surely having serious doubts and concerns:(

YNWA

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well another game and another draw:( After seeing the way Man U grinded out a win at Bolton and Chelsea coming back to win in injury time at the Bridge against Stoke I thought the Reds would be up to it this morning. Not to be again, just could not hold onto to the 1-0 lead. Will there be enough inspiration to see the Reds through this difficult patch? I truly hope so, my heart says yes but my head is slowly but surely having serious doubts and concerns:(

YNWA

Don't worry, Arsenal was leading till the last lap, became 3rd. Chelsea was 3rd and then flew to almost within touching distance.

The race ends at the 38th game, not now. Still got more than 10 games with at least another 40 points to fight for:o

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
still have some important matches to go esp against Man Utd,Chelsea and Arsenal.
these will be the matches that will decide the winner and it will be Liverpool.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmmm....

Albert Riera: Manchester United Are Luckier Than Liverpool
The Reds' Spanish winger reckons Fergie's men are a bunch of lucky Devils...

Manchester United edged to the top of the Premier League for the first time this season when they scraped a 1-0 win over Bolton Wanderers last weekend.

That left Liverpool needing to beat Everton on Monday to reclaim their perch, but Tim Cahill's late header - combined with Fernando Torres' first-half poster - denied them the win.

And Albert Riera believes the reigning champions have had their fair share of good fortune over the last few weeks.

"I don’t like to talk too much in football about teams being lucky," said the Spanish international, as quoted by The Sun.

"But at the moment United are scoring in the last minutes and we’ve now conceded a late goal.

"We’re still on the same points as United and you can be sure we are going to keep on fighting with them."

Riera's comment are interesting when one considers that Rafael Benitez's side early-season form was characterised by thrilling comebacks and last-gasp winners.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was a game Pool should have won. It was obvious that Torres was playing for himself when he squandered that golden opportunity to let Keane score. If they put SELF before the team, I really can't see them winning any silverware this season.
There's an air of arrogance about Torres this season.Hmm...

On a side note, Benitez should put aside the boardroom politics and concentrate on the task at hand. Pool has a big game gainst Chelsea on Feb. 1. It will be a cracker!!!!!!

Last edited:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
The most important thing is to keep pace with the leaders. It is anyone's game right now. If at this point of time 10 points away, then would be tough.

Adidas

Alfrescian
Loyal
well well well,
to win an match and be a champion,you will surely need some luck along the way.

hope we have not use-up all our luck and still have plenties left.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
another disappointing draw against Wigan.
coming up against Chelsea,hope we can put-up a good performance and win it.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
YES, Xabi Alonso did it again...
No, he did not score but he
got another player sent off.
F. Lampard was the unlucky player.
Later, Alonso did deflect a shot
hitting the cross bar and Petr Cech
had to punch it out for a corner.