• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Liverpool Season 2009-10

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have got a feeling Jose Mourinho & Roman Abramovich will have a damn great kiss-and-make-up and he will be BACK as Chelsea manager next season... adios Fatty Angel-roti !

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's it ....
while the reports in the various websites & soccernet is indeed depressing, by consensus, it is almost confirmed Benitez is going to Juventus.

So be it. Let's cut ties, thank you very much for your 1st 3 yrs & 5th yr. Bye.

If Torres wants to go, fuck off too....

Stevie G should & would stay, if he leaves, i'll fuck him upside down after all his diehard loyalties pledges in the past. C'mon, even Pepe Reina has signed on in these bad times.

Forget all these modern fancy managers....

King Kenny Dalglish may be dated - but let's make him manager again.
After all, he is still much younger than Sir Alex & Fergies is still at it, why not Dalglish ?

Other than Old Big Head Brian Clough, who else but Dalglish has won the Top Division Title with 2 different clubs ...

Time to re-connect with tradition & resurrect the Boot Room legends...

The only positive thing from Saturday's matches is that Everton NO WAY will end above Liverpool .... one ghost put to rest.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The only positive thing from Saturday's matches is that Everton NO WAY will end above Liverpool .... one ghost put to rest.

Liverpool has to beat Chelsea tonight and hope that Manchester City draws Tottenham Hotspur this Wednesday night. Any side wins, next season it's Europa for Liverpool, no more ECL. If Liverpool loses tonight, that's it, whatever happens on Wednesday doesn't matter anymore.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Liverpool 0 Chelsea 2

Most people who support Liverpool, hate Man U.
During the live coverage poll, nearly 80% of
Liverpool fans want Liverpool to lose.
I also want Liverpool to lose. :P

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks like season over for both Liverpool and Manchester United. Players can start preparing for World Cup for their respective countries.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well, the season has ended for Liverpool, 7th secured & Everton also confirmed 8th. Both have nothing more to play for in the last game except for pride.

For Liverpool, the days ahead will be rocky, rumblings for so long the earthquake & volcano eruptions must now come out in the open ....

Bankers must squeeze Hicks balls some more, fucker is still wanting to exit with an obscene profit that will ultimately destroy any prospect of a quick sale....

I don't think Benitez should be given any severance money - please don't overdo the I signed new contract for the fans etc but now conditions changed .... wanna go, go, end the contract by mutual consent.

All Liverpool fans should be bracing themselves for more troubled times ahead in the aftermath of this 7th placing.... heroes leaving, players demoralized, fans grumbling..
ironically this was Liverpool's second last worst league position .... tie with 7th in 98/99 Houllier's first season in charge.

1990 - champs under Dalglish
1991 - 2nd under Souness
1992 - 6th
1993 - 6th
1994 - 8th under Roy Evans Jan 1994 - July 1998
1995 - 4th
1996 - 3rd
1997 - 4th
1998 - 3rd
1999 - 7th under joint mgrs July-Nov 1998/Gerard Houllier Nov 98 - May 04
2000 - 4th
2001 - 3rd
2002 - 2nd
2003 - 5th
2004 - 4th
2005 - 5th under Rafa Benitez Jun 04 - now
2006 - 3rd
2007 - 3rd
2008 - 4th
2009 - 2nd
2010 - 7th

ironically at this stage, Benitez league position achievement almost similar to Houllier, just slightly better (3rd vs 4th, both got 7th-5th-4th-2nd) in their 6-year reign.

LauMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, the season has ended for Liverpool, 7th secured & Everton also confirmed 8th. Both have nothing more to play for in the last game except for pride.

Pride? Liverpool has pride? If they have, they should have proven it last night. S Gerrad talked big before the game. he said "My only thoughts on the Chelsea game is to win it," Gerrard told the club's official website. "We owe it to our supporters to try and finish the season with two wins.......When you play for Liverpool and you have that red shirt on you always give everything you have got to win."

And then what happen last night? Gerrard has shot Liverpool in the foot. He handed Didier Drogba a simple opening goal in the first half.

No one expect a world class player to do that kind of back pass, right? Well this is football, another form of gaming, it's up to you to image?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pride? Liverpool has pride? If they have, they should have proven it last night. S Gerrad talked big before the game. he said "My only thoughts on the Chelsea game is to win it," Gerrard told the club's official website. "We owe it to our supporters to try and finish the season with two wins.......When you play for Liverpool and you have that red shirt on you always give everything you have got to win."

And then what happen last night? Gerrard has shot Liverpool in the foot. He handed Didier Drogba a simple opening goal in the first half.

No one expect a world class player to do that kind of back pass, right? Well this is football, another form of gaming, it's up to you to image?

So clear cut, no way Liverpool could lose 7th place to Everton (an Europa place) and no way Liverpool could catch Tottenham Hotspur for 4th (an ECL place). Beating Chelsea only means handing League title to Manchester United to break Liverpool's record (now joint record). Steven Gerrard is a loyal Liverpool player. He decided he's not allowing any such thing to happen and passed the ball to Didier Drogba.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
If MU has what it takes to be a champion, they wouldnt have to rely on Liverpool to beat Chelsea. They should reflect back on games like Burnley & Fulham. If they have taken 2 points from these 2 games, they wouldve had their destiny in their hands now.
So sock off, all ye Alex whinging babies!!!!!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If MU has what it takes to be a champion, they wouldnt have to rely on Liverpool to beat Chelsea. They should reflect back on games like Burnley & Fulham. If they have taken 2 points from these 2 games, they wouldve had their destiny in their hands now.

Yes, exactly. They once held pole position and lost it themselves.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
gam tiah (sounds good!) ! Up you !

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
totally agree wif u! ...
icon14.gif

jw5

Loyal
Man Utd have only themselves to blame.
If they go into the last 2 games of the season expecting other teams to do them a favour, they don't deserve to be champions this season.
As for Liverpool, I don't think any of the players wanted to lose to Chelsea, but their performance was really listless and tepid. Then again, most of the team has been poor all season, except Reina whom I think is one of the best keepers in the world.
As for Benitez, he claims that previously, he stayed for the fans. Now, he should go for the fans, without any compensation. I can't stand hypocrisy.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As for Benitez, he claims that previously, he stayed for the fans. Now, he should go for the fans, without any compensation. I can't stand hypocrisy.

Benitez is the worst Liverpool manager I've ever seen in my life, but also the luckiest (the 2005 ECL win which had nothing to do with him except luck and Gerrard). Next up, look for Dalglish or Keegan. Dalglish is cool king cat as manager, proven stuff. Keegan may have had his moments of anguish and outbursts as manager, but I'm sure he's experienced and mellowed by now. Look for another modern foreign manager, besides Mourihno, it's just inviting them to come collect salary and go.

jw5

Loyal
Benitez is the worst Liverpool manager I've ever seen in my life, but also the luckiest (the 2005 ECL win which had nothing to do with him except luck and Gerrard). Next up, look for Dalglish or Keegan. Dalglish is cool king cat as manager, proven stuff. Keegan may have had his moments of anguish and outbursts as manager, but I'm sure he's experienced and mellowed by now. Look for another modern foreign manager, besides Mourihno, it's just inviting them to come collect salary and go.
I don't know why, I just don't like Benitez.
He isn't that bad a football manager in my opinion, he was impressive in winning the primera liga with Valencia. He is probably a good coach and very familiar with different tactics.
But I just don't have a good feeling about him, just as with Steve McClaren, whom I just learned has won the Dutch league with Twente. Again, Steve is probably a good coach and manager, but I just don't like him.
Maybe it's the way they talk.
Dalglish is one of my favourite managers of all time, and I hope he turns up in the BPL again. He proved he was good with Liverpool and he proved it again with Blackburn. From what I read, he is also a very good person. He was deeply affected by the Hillsborough tragedy, and that was one of the reasons why he left.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As a manager, ok, he has his adherents.

As a person, sorry, one dimensional & a cold squid.

Imagine, everyone thrilled to the core, enjoying the moment of triumph after dramatically winning the Champions League, and he is still obsessed with detail, going around telling Stevie G, his fault at x minutes of the game !

How to inspire & motivate men like that ?

colorless, cold, sterile, boring, technical, jargon-man .... adjectives you can associate with him...

All his support staff that came with him to Liverpool - from fitness trainer to chief scout to assistant, all left him. Really has EQ issues.

For all his megalonmania, Mourinho's men are always willing to die for him... that is my definition of super management & leader !

Definitely not in the class of Shankly, Paisley, Busby, Fergie or Cloughie !

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal

This type of so-called world-class player deserved
to lift a wooden spoon for the last 4 years.
That soft shameful, kelongish back pass
should be investigate by the EPL authorities.

334utsy.jpg

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
EPL authorities should also checked on man Utd as well. How can a team filled with million dollar star players can lose to minnows like BURNLEY & FULHAM?
Smelt like kelong fish if you asked me.

Owen69

Alfrescian
Loyal
Juve: Rafa deal is on the rocks

JUVENTUS are threatening to pull the plug on Rafa Benitez's Liverpool escape.

The Italians had been willing to offer the Kop boss a three-year deal worth £20million.

But that included a £5m bonus if Benitez agreed to leave Anfield without any compensation. The Italians, however, are not used to spending so much on a manager - and are tiring of negotiations that have dragged on for weeks.

A top Juve source said: "Although we haven't stopped talking about Benitez, we are considering other options."

Zenit St Petersburg chief Luciano Spalletti, a former Chelsea target, and Fiorentina boss Cesare Prandelli are now in the frame.

Senior Anfield players are still urging Benitez not to go. Yossi Benayoun and Lucas Leiva have pledged to stay but admit that may change if the boss left.

Lucas said: "Everyone is aware of the doubts over Rafa's future. Personally I hope everyone stays."

Benayoun said: "If it depended on me, I'd retire in Liverpool. But it's difficult to speak about next season. We don't know what changes there'll be."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2957763/Rafa-Benitezs-Juventus-deal-is-on-the-rocks.html