• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Lim Tean Unleashed

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Time to look at medical cannabis. The rest of the world has already opened up to medical cases.

Cheers!

Cannabis is hardly a miracle drug. The active ingredient THC is just another drug that can be used to treat pain, nausea etc but there are already many prescription drugs that can do a far better job.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
He is a big bag of air for sure. Talk is cheap.

Let me tell you that old folks don't commit suicide because of the government.

They end up in despair because their very own flesh and blood that they loved and cherished and nurtured have abandoned them in time of need. Money from the government is never going to fill the void caused by loneliness and social isolation.

Suicide is not a PAP problem. Every Singaporean who has elderly parents need to take a hard look in the mirror in order to track down the cause.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me tell you that old folks don't commit suicide because of the government.

They end up in despair because their very own flesh and blood that they loved and cherished and nurtured have abandoned them in time of need. Money from the government is never going to fill the void caused by loneliness and social isolation.

Suicide is not a PAP problem. Every Singaporean who has elderly parents need to take a hard look in the mirror in order to track down the cause.
KNN usually is a combination of money, health and love - when the elderly is sick, they need care and love from the children, and the children need help from government on the medical costs. some children fear to absorb this cost and eventually neglected their parents and subsequently led to their suicide. but some children simply didn't want to be responsible even with medical financial help or they find the grant process application too tedious. for some the parents didn't want to burden their children in this medical grant issue and took their life so is related to government KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
my uncle say KNN at later stage their children will take over the suicide from their parents generations to generations. he predict the suicide rate will continue to rise gradually and 10 15 years later you will probably see a sharp surge at least by another 100 to 200% as medical cost in sg continue to rise and due to aging population .sinkie enjoy now while you still can KNN

salim

Alfrescian
Loyal
I reject this mainstream idea of own family taking care of its own elderly.
How about singles or childless couples?
This argument is for a heartless government like the PAP to avoid its responsibility of taking care of its own citizens.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anybody can make speeches with lots of motherhood statements like "we must care for our poor and our elderly blah blah blah..".

Yes, anyone can make but how many are willing to do it? Be thankful rather than take issue with those who opine or share. [This Forum bears true testimony.]
Establishing "Is the content valid and relevant?" is healthy Food for Thought. More pertinent is "Who is supposed to act on it?".
VOLUNTARY or ASSIGNED, he who demands the world highest PAYMENT should and MUST deliver. It should not be any solution but a BEST POSSIBLE viable and effective solution.

Food for Thought:
When the citizens report that a specific road has a big hole, is it the responsibility and duty of the citizens or the ruling government to act?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
This argument is for a heartless government like the PAP to avoid its responsibility of taking care of its own citizens.

It is not the government's job to take care of each and every individual. Governments are there to run the country and this is limited to law and order, defense, education, infrastructure and basic health care.

Anything else and you're on your own.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anybody can make speeches with lots of motherhood statements like "we must care for our poor and our elderly blah blah blah..".

Does anyone seriously believe that if some opposition party came to power that the suicide rate in Singapore would drop overnight? Of course not. Blaming the government for complex mental health problems is so simplistic that anyone that links the two is either naive, stupid or both.

If suicide rates are a measure of government competence then the Philippine government has always been doing a fantastic job for its people because the suicide rate there is only one-third that of Singapore's rate.

Agree, effective solution is unlikely to be immediate. Formulation, implementation and refinement require time. [He who says 'It takes decades to check the books' must be either joking or taking the people as fools.]
How long has the present ruling party been in power? Decreasing by TWO per 100,000 over a five year period is an indication of ineffectiveness, complacency and incompetence??

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am a firm believer of the concept of caring for ones own. Children have to care for their parents. It's the least they can do after the sacrifices the parents made.

Love, care and support cannot be subcontracted to a third party. It has to come from within ourselves and as a society regardless of government policies.

Agree with your sentiment but the world is not just black and white. Should China's 'Stop at ONE' or Singapore's 'Stop at TWO' be treated as 'REGARDLESS OF GOVERNMENT POLICIES'?

Food for Thought:
FOLLOW and DO as I SAY because YOU are unable to THINK for OURSELVES!

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal

LEEder: Just give them a solution, any solution will do.

Many poLEEcies do not treat all Singaporeans equally. The guiding principle is 'EquaLEE and LEEgaLEE'.

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
Oh right...suicide is a problem for the poor only.. :rolleyes:
You are obviously rather dense...

my uncle say KNN at later stage their children will take over the suicide from their parents generations to generations. he predict the suicide rate will continue to rise gradually and 10 15 years later you will probably see a sharp surge at least by another 100 to 200% as medical cost in sg continue to rise and due to aging population .sinkie enjoy now while you still can KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not the government's job to take care of each and every individual. Governments are there to run the country and this is limited to law and order, defense, education, infrastructure and basic health care.

Anything else and you're on your own.
KNN well said but the government as the law enforcer is working with outsiders to enforce law to exploit it's citizens for their own benefit and let the citizens to be on their own ? KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh right...suicide is a problem for the poor only.. :rolleyes:
You are obviously rather dense...
KNN lim tean is talking about elderly suicide mah KNN as for non elderly not all but many are also related to the government pressuring the parents to pressure the child KNN that one is another topic KNN

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN well said but the government as the law enforcer is working with outsiders to enforce law to exploit it's citizens for their own benefit and let the citizens to be on their own ? KNN

I wonder whatever happened to 'NO ONE be LEFT Behind' and 'A CULTURED and GRACEFUL Society'?
MONEY is the root of all evil.

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
you are denser than i thought if you believe everything lim tean says without facts.

KNN lim tean is talking about elderly suicide mah KNN as for non elderly not all but many are also related to the government pressuring the parents to pressure the child KNN that one is another topic KNN

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
the government provides the citizen with the platform and "know how" to move forward..
it is no fault of the government if idiots choose not to move forward.

I wonder whatever happened to 'NO ONE be LEFT Behind' and 'A CULTURED and GRACEFUL Society'?
MONEY is the root of all evil.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
the government provides the citizen with the platform and "know how" to move forward..
it is no fault of the government if idiots choose not to move forward.

Platform for who? All citizens, the majority or just a segment?
This year's NDP bears testimony.

Idiots should be left behind? Then the claim of 'NO ONE be left behind' is just words and not an effective claim/policy. Do not take away the citizens' right to make their own decisions.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Platform for who? All citizens, the majority or just a segment?
This year's NDP bears testimony.

Idiots should be left behind? Then the claim of 'NO ONE be left behind' is just words and not an effective claim/policy. Do not take away the citizens' right to make their own decisions.

What went wrong with this year's NDP?

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
What went wrong with this year's NDP?

Nothing went wrong at the NDP. It's just that this year's NDP is an indication of 'just a segment - the selected few' and not 'all Singaporeans'. The marching contingents bear testimony. This year's NDP is a SHOW to reinforce 'THIS is YOUR Singapore'. I can't help but wonder 'WHY?'.