• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Liew Mun Leong Billion Dollars Temasek Reputation Has Been Rubbished

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this chap stands to inherit from Daddy hundreds of millions...

live and let live...lets move on...:(
I believe that the financial wealth has no meaning, because Mr. LML and his son Karl, are dishonest and immoral.
For what they have done to PL, they should be stoned or tortured to death.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal

Karl Liew, son of CAG’s ex-chairman, sentenced to 2 weeks’ jail for lying to judge in Parti Liyani case​

dw-karlliew-230414_2.jpeg
tis lan jiao lang must be smiling beneath his mask.. :geek:

Last edited:

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
FB : Lim Tean

A very good piece . Good Read.

Absurd For The Prosecution To Have Only Asked For A $5000 Fine For Karl Liew

The perjury Karl Liew committed in lying to the judge in the Parti Liyani trial was serious! Let’s not forget that she was initially sentenced to 26 months of imprisonment. If not for the courage of her lawyer and the good sense of Justice Chan Seng Onn, this poor lady could have languished in jail for a lengthy period. And what about all the financial losses she and her family have suffered as a result of her trials and tribulations during the period after she was arrested, not to mention the mental anguish she went through.Unable to go home to her family in Indonesia as she was awaiting trial, unable to take up a job in Singapore while awaiting trial, spending all her money on accommodation until she ran out of money. She was blessed that HOME came to her rescue and set her on the path to redemption of her good name. Providing accommodation for her when she had run out of money to find a roof over her head in a foreign country.

And for all the serious consequences of Karl Liew’s lying to the trial judge with the intention of getting Parti Liyani convicted, the Prosecution was happy with a $5000 fine and would not even accept Parti Liyani’s Victim Impact Statement?

I have never come across such lenient prosecution. And why was Karl Liew’s charge of perjury reduced from the more serious Section 193 charge to the less serious Section 182 charge,when his offence was a serious one?

District Judge Eugene Teo’s decision to sentence Karl Liew to 14 days imprisonment was much better than the Prosecution’s ridiculous asking of a $5000 fine, although in my opinion it is still not commensurate with the offence.

The renown novelist Jeffrey Archer was sentenced by a British Court to 4 years imprisonment for perjury and perverting the course of justice. At that time, he was also a prominent Conservative Party politician.His perjury arose out of a libel trial in which a British newspaper had alleged that he had had sex with a prostitute. Jeffrey Archer lied during the trial and a subsequent jury found that he had lied and also created false evidence. Archer’s intention was of course to win damages against the newspaper for the alleged libel and to “restore” his reputation and he succeeded in winning massive damages against the newspaper in the libel trial. His perjury came to light only after that trial.

Another high profile Conservative Party politician, Jonathan Aitken, was also found guilty of perjury, which arose from another libel action which he brought against the Guardian newspaper. He was sentenced to 18 months imprisonment for perjury and perverting the course of justice.

Archer and Aitken perjured themselves in the hope of restoring their reputation and winning damages. I will argue that it is far more serious to lie in order to get someone convicted of theft!

Life and Liberty are far more precious than any percuniary gains!

(The picture at the top below is of Jeffrey Archer and the one to the left is of Jonathan Aitken).

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe that the financial wealth has no meaning, because Mr. LML and his son Karl, are dishonest and immoral.
For what they have done to PL, they should be stoned or tortured to death.
LML will say : I'm wealthy,I'm protected.What u going to do to me ? :x3:

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have never come across such lenient prosecution. And why was Karl Liew’s charge of perjury reduced from the more serious Section 193 charge to the less serious Section 182 charge, when his offence was a serious one?

And section 182 is NOT a perjury charge.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it pays to be a pap porlumpar and cabinet cocksucker. that’s the bottom line in sg. so what are you waiting for? join the pap and also get to enjoy mangoes and papayas.

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal

And why was Karl Liew’s charge of perjury reduced from the more serious Section 193 charge to the less serious Section 182 charge, when his offence was a serious one?

It's not a lesser charge; it's an inappropriate charge. If every perjury becomes "lying to a judge"; and "lying to a judge" becomes "giving false information to a public servant", then want perjury charge for what ?

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not a lesser charge; it's an inappropriate charge. If every perjury becomes "lying to a judge"; and "lying to a judge" becomes "giving false information to a public servant", then want perjury charge for what ?

Errr... me think it may spells hope for Yang and Fern to return to SG.

Hope Karl 's will set the precedent ; then Yang can run for President ...

just my 2 cents worth :biggrin: