• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

let's talk about life in down under and s'pore

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
there is no comparison. if you want quality of life, you must stay as far away from chinese people as possible. otherwise, life will be stressful and no time to appreciate.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i see the cost of living in s'pore is higher than down under, unless you opt for a lifestyle without your own car. car is cheap in aust., furthermore, healthcare is taken care of over there whereas s''pore, you have to pay for insurance. taxes are high in aust. and if i add all up, seemingly, both countries cost about the same. but the lifestyle in aust. is definitely better cos'they are ang mo and family oriented.

am i correct?

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
there is no comparison. if you want quality of life, you must stay as far away from chinese people as possible. otherwise, life will be stressful and no time to appreciate.

There is a reason why ang mo sink. You seen poor ang mo? They are flocking to Asia.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is a reason why ang mo sink. You seen poor ang mo? They are flocking to Asia.

They are in sinkapore to lord over sinkees. The PAP government gave angmo carte blanche to do as they like to sinkees and then protect the angmos when sinkees fight back. Why would angmos not take advantage of such privileges? Make good money and can treat sinkees as inferior creatures not worthy of existence.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They are in sinkapore to lord over sinkees. The PAP government gave angmo carte blanche to do as they like to sinkees and then protect the angmos when sinkees fight back. Why would angmos not take advantage of such privileges? Make good money and can treat sinkees as inferior creatures not worthy of existence.

cant blame them,sinkies want to be lord over,look how they defend the PAP so vigorously and call us xenophobic whenever we attack some foreign scum.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i decided to list down the pros of being an aussie...

summary:

Australia pros:

1. can survive on welfare
2. healthcare taken care of
3. minimum wage
4. blue collar jobs are paid better than certain white collar
5. 4 seasons- can take out winter clothes to wear
6. pension scheme good for retirement
7. cars are dirt cheap- audi a4 10 year old cost AUD 4k
8. houses are cheaper and the price include all legal paper work
9. ....

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why don't you stay in mudland or indonland with their poor and lower standard of living full of crime? Why live in singapore? Btw the last time i checked i don't think chinese ppl ever forced anyone to live like them. You can live however you like. I suppose you expect to have a high standard of living but don't have to work for it and then blame someone else like chinese ppl when you cannot achieve it not yourself.

the problem is australia is now flooded with CHEENA people....

By cheena you mean chinese or china ppl? Funny he didn't bother to differentiate at all. He's most likely a sinkie yet he didn't care he just says chinese ppl and you were telling me ppl will differentiate? See looks like you are wrong. You'll be spending all your time trying to convince others see i'm different from them! I'm superior! Sounds so beta to me.

You ever see the difference between me and you. You look so beta trying to kiss up to others trying to tell them i'm not from china! I'm superior.

valiant20

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
the problem is australia is now flooded with CHEENA people....

Used to be People from SEA (Sg, Malaysians, Indos), then the tide slowly turned with the advancement of China and India.. now its RICH Mainland Chinese, Indians and Sri Lankans.

But then again, Australia is a nation of immigrants, and land is what they have. So not many complaining about the influx of "Asians", other than the occassional Bigot/Racist. Though cost of housing here has increased dramatically over the last 10 years due to rich overseas buyers.

valiant20

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i decided to list down the pros of being an aussie...

summary:

Australia pros:

1. can survive on welfare
2. healthcare taken care of
3. minimum wage
4. blue collar jobs are paid better than certain white collar
5. 4 seasons- can take out winter clothes to wear
6. pension scheme good for retirement
7. cars are dirt cheap- audi a4 10 year old cost AUD 4k
8. houses are cheaper and the price include all legal paper work
9. ....

Check out the latest Budget released by the Abbot Government.. probably the most unpopular budget of all time.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-05-13/budget-winners-and-losers/5433178

Summer over here can get really hot, its the most undesirable part of the 4 seasons when temperatures climb above 36 degrees.

You can't survive on welfare. Not if you want to live comfortably. But welfare/family assistance does help every bit.

10 year A4 Audi for 4k? More like 7.5k to 29k dependant on the condition of the car, but definately cheaper than sg.

1 other matter to survive, you Have to cook meals to live within a reasonable budget. Eating out is expensive. No Hawker Centres or Coffee Shops priced food can be found here.

Good Luck :smile:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, the Ang Mos who come to Singapore are pretty mobile and have above average opportunities in life. The poor ones live on a street day in day out, night in night out, with a blanket or quilt to claim as their entire worldly possessions, and on lucky days, get to pick up discarded but smokable cigarette butts. Those who come to Singapore have good jobs, drink expensive booze, dress in fine and expensive fashion, and get sex for free even.

Cheers!

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's unpopular but it will be good for the country in the long run, besides, mining boom is thinning. i heard kevin rudd gave AUD500 to every aussies when he was PM.

hot summer, can come back to singapore for visit mah...

i know a couple on welfare getting about 2 to 3k a month. not comfortable but they are doing fine.

hawker food are unhealthy anyway, if you have steak and wine in aussieland, it probably cost you about aud50 but you have that in s'pore, it will cost you at least sgd100, so you think it's cheaper in s'pore...:eek:

Check out the latest Budget released by the Abbot Government.. probably the most unpopular budget of all time.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-05-13/budget-winners-and-losers/5433178

Summer over here can get really hot, its the most undesirable part of the 4 seasons when temperatures climb above 36 degrees.

You can't survive on welfare. Not if you want to live comfortably. But welfare/family assistance does help every bit.

10 year A4 Audi for 4k? More like 7.5k to 29k dependant on the condition of the car, but definately cheaper than sg.

1 other matter to survive, you Have to cook meals to live within a reasonable budget. Eating out is expensive. No Hawker Centres or Coffee Shops priced food can be found here.

Good Luck :smile:

valiant20

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro Krafty, 500 Grams T Bone Steak cost $7 from the local market (have to cook it yourself lah), Bottle of Average Wine about $10. So don't need $50, just $17 will do :biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Not necessarily true. Taiwan is quite relaxed if you avoid Taipei.

Stay away from urban cities. Rural areas with mountains, sparse population are good for the human soul.

Why are humans stressed living in cities? Because it is not their natural habitat. That stress symptom is biological 'allergy' cry for help. On top of that, they have imposed upon themselves many arbitrary rules and constraints and obligations. Nature energizes humans, not concrete, steel and glass.

The greatest irony is that advancement in technology should have liberated us from working long hours. Instead, the opposite happened. We used that technology to invent more frivolous stuff to do.

Last edited: