• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

lets reminisce about old restaurants

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember this famous Union Farm Chee Pow Kai in Upper Bukit Timah ?

old-school-eatery-in-clementi-to-close.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sloane's Court Hotel coffee house. Great ambience and good food.
Opposite Garden Hotel, Balmoral rd?
Very Hainanese place (with Tudor look alike facade, and rooms 2nd flr)

Also frequented by ang mohs, sitting at the bar with old style beer mugs.
With ikan billis onions. Food menu nothing to shout about

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember this Tuas Seafood restaurant ? Last time book out from SAFTI and cheong there for dinner with platoon mates....

See the source image

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Remember this Tuas Seafood restaurant ? Last time book out from SAFTI and cheong there for dinner with platoon mates....

See the source image
Which reminds me of the other across the other side of island -Ponggol Seafood.
Good for chili crabs and mee goreng.
With bus fumes at adjoining bus terminal
Now resurrected more atas.
Ponggol-Seafood-BW.jpg

knnccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Opposite Garden Hotel, Balmoral rd?
Very Hainanese place (with Tudor look alike facade, and rooms 2nd flr)

Also frequented by ang mohs, sitting at the bar with old style beer mugs.
With ikan billis onions. Food menu nothing to shout about

moi used to park car there free parking and use the toilet, the place very old colonial look haunted

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Remember this famous Union Farm Chee Pow Kai in Upper Bukit Timah ?

old-school-eatery-in-clementi-to-close.jpg

This was at Clementi Road, north of the road entering Maju Camp and south of Ngee Ann Polytechnic.

The restaurant was vacant for quite some time, but wasn't demolished until some time last year (2019).

Now it's 'Far East Flora', some flower and plant shop.

Not far away, there was also a restaurant (BBQ seafood and zichar) next to the Ulu Pandan canal at the junction of Ulu Pandan Road and Clementi Road. Thanks to Lee Hsien Loong, these vintage eateries are gone. :wink:

You can go to Google Maps Street View and adjust the timeline, usually Google has taken photographs of the place before it was demolished. :thumbsup:

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes ,i do but the steaks nothing to shout about

orchard road had better steak for quality and money since lot oilies or Yankees in oilfield related companies based in sinkie hangs around orchard rd ,it was also a time when country music live heard almost everywhere in orchard rd

I have never eaten there. Couldn't even remember the exact location now. I think it's one or two doors away from Boon Tong Kee.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have never eaten there. Couldn't even remember the exact location now. I think it's one or two doors away from Boon Tong Kee.
i couldn't recall many places I had thus eaten nor the locations since it was decades ago, but Beefeaters had prominent poster of Yeomen Warders of Her Majesty's Royal Palace and that still stuck in my mind

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prima Tower Revolving Restaurant....closed recently.

See the source image
there use to be a restaurant at ground level

name I quite forgot ,can't even remember how the food was

use to host dinner for my overseas clients ,because it had exclusive rooms