• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Legal issues/questions - Anything to do with lawyers and banks

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a breakdown
RM5670 for facility agreement
RM2430 for disbursement and stamp duty
RM300 for registration fees
RM785 for other fees including bankruptcy search fee singapore of RM360

It doesnt seem out of place though....What's your purchase price? Dont think they have included the stamp duty for the S&P in this quote.....It's only stamp duties for the loan. Or is your S&P stamp duty absorbed by the developer? I thought Citibank has free legal fees program now?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
It doesnt seem out of place though....What's your purchase price? Dont think they have included the stamp duty for the S&P in this quote.....It's only stamp duties for the loan. Or is your S&P stamp duty absorbed by the developer? I thought Citibank has free legal fees program now?

My purchase price is RM700,000, subsale. So other spa fees not included here and sad to say only absorbed by me. This is just for loan agreement.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last edited:

ymike27

Alfrescian
Loyal
Legal fee is 1% on 1st 150k & 0.7% on next 850k. So your facility agreement should be 4.5k. Would suggest you nego for 50-65% scale fee, i.e., get down to ~2.3-2.9k. Then add legal charge of ~10% & 6% government tax => 2.7-3.4k.

Stamp Duty is flat 0.5% on loan amount => 2.9k. Not sure why they charge you less.
Reg fee seems high. I paid only RM90.
I paid RM120 for M'sia Bankruptcy search....so I guess RM360 is OK for S'pore Search.

Just my 2-cent. Let me know if it works.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Legal fee is 1% on 1st 150k & 0.7% on next 850k. So your facility agreement should be 4.5k.

But should his legal fees be based on his S&P sale price (RM 700K) or on loan amt (RM585K)? Not v clear if he paid legal fees on S&P.....

Last edited:

ymike27

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are 2 legal fees :
1. On S&P - Use S&P selling price to calc
2. On Loan - Use loan amount
Both use the same schedule/scale.

Now there are also stamp duty:
1. On S&P - Use S&P selling price or valuation price, whichever higher
Both are 0.5%.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
If can see chio bu lawyer, I really dun mind. an intelligent mind is a sexy asset.

And to answer your question, Malaysia legal fees higher than SG GST.

SG GST 7% higher or Malaysia legal fees (@ least u get to see chio bo lawyer maybe)? :biggrin:

petebike

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi ts, your pm full liao. anyway i have some questions , hope u can advise. i am from singapore, wanna check with you on the following

1) if i wanna buy property in malaysia using company account, is it possible?
2) also can advise how can foreinger setup a company in malaysia? is malaysian partner still needed?
3) can singaporean easily open bank acccount in malaysia?

please advise, thank u.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Dear all,

I would like to state my disappointment with OCBC. They have lost my siblings loan agreement previously. Then another friend who i recommended to OCBC.

I never got anything financially and had to face the music on their behalf and now even my own loan documents and S&P, OCBC only reported lost months after they were supposed to be receiving it. I will be writing to them to lodge a formal complaint but just to share my own unfortunate experience as they only owned up to it within 1 week of a purchase expiring. Well done OCBC, truly i hope you are proud of yourselves.

Once or twice i can understand but 3 strikes losing entire sets of documents and forcing people to redo everything or lose their purchase is simply fascinating.

simky001

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I check if purchasing sub-sale, when does the buyer usually pay 1% agent fee? (no state consent required)QUOTE]

Hi. hippoheyhey. Malaysia practise is 90-days to complete the property transfer and buyer has to fully settle the balanced sum of the purchase price - by cash/loan.

malaysia Gain tax (holding period) is 1-2 year is 15%, 3-5 year - 10% and 6 year after is 5%. This rate of the gain tax is subject to change as per our new budget.

DMX88

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are 2 legal fees :
1. On S&P - Use S&P selling price to calc
Both use the same schedule/scale.

Now there are also stamp duty:
1. On S&P - Use S&P selling price or valuation price, whichever higher
Both are 0.5%.

hi all,

understand that there are:
- legal fees for S&P: 1% for first RM150,000 and 0.7% of remaining value of loan within RM1 million
- stamp duty for S&P: does this only refer to stamp duty for MOT???
which is 1% for the first RM100,000; 2% on the next RM400,000, and 3% on the subsequent amount.

or there's separate stamp duty for S&P which is NOT equal to stamp duty for MOT? according to this article
http://www.iproperty.com.my/financing/guides.aspx
stamp duty for S&P (NOT equal to stamp duty for MOT) = 1% for 1st 100K and 0.5% for next 4.9M

Please advise..

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh.. I also have to signed the legal document twice because of OCBC. So it could be losing of loan document..

Dear all,

I would like to state my disappointment with OCBC. They have lost my siblings loan agreement previously. Then another friend who i recommended to OCBC.

I never got anything financially and had to face the music on their behalf and now even my own loan documents and S&P, OCBC only reported lost months after they were supposed to be receiving it. I will be writing to them to lodge a formal complaint but just to share my own unfortunate experience as they only owned up to it within 1 week of a purchase expiring. Well done OCBC, truly i hope you are proud of yourselves.

Once or twice i can understand but 3 strikes losing entire sets of documents and forcing people to redo everything or lose their purchase is simply fascinating.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
just sharing.

after heeding the advice of fellow forummers here, I decided to remit money to my lawyer using a SG money changer. one week later, lawyer say haven't receive. money changer said remit already. money was deposited in 2 tranches and showed me all the relevant slips. sibei sian... now have to hound everyone to see where the money is. sian...

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry to hear this, but wondering where can go wrong? Double check with lawyer side - company name and bank a/c, and name of sender. Skarly money remitted by you but mistaken it's from someone else? Jialat...

just sharing.

after heeding the advice of fellow forummers here, I decided to remit money to my lawyer using a SG money changer. one week later, lawyer say haven't receive. money changer said remit already. money was deposited in 2 tranches and showed me all the relevant slips. sibei sian... now have to hound everyone to see where the money is. sian...